SECRET EMPIRE -OPENING SALVO- Triple Preview

The day after Red Skull's killed...

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzcomics.net/showpost.php?p=1706302&postcount=8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The final issue... for now.

KOBIK ON SUICIDE WATCH

This issue would have been delayed by only one week.

>all these layers to the conversation
Ewing is my writerfu

Lettered preview of Secret Empire #0 (already posted in this board, I think): buzzcomics.net/showpost.php?p=1706302&postcount=8

FIN

Maria is cute! CUTE!

KILL HIM HELMUT

If you haven't been keeping up with Secret Empire, is it necessary to read Falcon Cap? I was reading it but it just wasn't good

>Gerald Gardner
So they're gonna do that "HYDRA is a mystical ancient thing" huh? Can't really complain as I love freaky upper-class British occultists.

No, it doesn't really play in that much. IIRC there was one dupe Steve played on Sam with a robot duplicate and that's about it.

Can't wait for AIM to go rogue again.

Maria a shit! Shit!

>Steve is an asshole

>Steve is not an asshole

>Steve isn't

>Kobik is dead
Fuck yes.
>Bucky is still alive and captured
Fuck no.

So what happens to Waid's Avengers now that FalCap called it quits

Well that was fast

He just goes from Captain America to Falcon. Or Nomad if he wants to go that route. Or The Captain. Lotta options for him really. Either way, the Avengers can keep trucking along.

Why does Capt sound like a condescending asshole here?

>inb4 he's checking for other undercover hydra agents by casually dropping hints like "hail hydra lol j/k", "casual takeover amirite XD"

I like ewing takes a the one funny joke of Bendis Iron Man run and uses it so masterfully.

I love how he's terribly unsubtle with Steve's appearance and mannerisms, yet every bit of dialogue has layers beyond the evident

I think we can already take "Tie ins make Steve more evil" off the Bingo

Eh, this isn't evil. Just condescending and keikkaku. Let's wait until he's actively kicking muties faces into the dirt or something.

Holy shit, I know Jon Malin isn't that great, but the least he could have done is reference Uncanny X-men 114's opening sequence. He's old enough to have read the Classic X-men reprint of that issue....

Bump

BUMP

...Hang on, has the shield been progressively splintering more and more as the series has gone on?
I'm disappointed in myself for not catching that.

I for one will not accept the possibility that sunspot was able to outplay the maker but is unable to see through Hydra Steve

The idea that Steve would be an evil jerk is unthinkable, though.

What do you mean for now? This runof Thunderbolts is only 12 issues long?

The idea that he can hide it so well from everyone is unthinkable

Zub said that it's on break during Secret Empire but would be back once it's over.

I mean, Roberto seems pretty weirded out by Steve as it is in that preview. I wouldn't be surprised if he figures it out.

Hopefully without Zub and Malin.

He's been able to hide it pretty well up to this point. Only now he's starting to get cocky, and even then we dont know what game he's playing with Roberto.

It's a pity we already know that Atlas joins up with the Masters of Evil on their assault on New York.

>I also had to ask Jessica Jones for help, but I'm too embarassed to talk about that

I'm genuinely hyped for this event, it had a legit build up and it seems fun as fuck for a change.

You'd think that Madame Hydra would have deleted everything, or maybe this was a trap

I think Waid is going to ignore it for the time being and have his Avengers arc just take place before Secret Empire.

I'm dissapointed that there's still a page of the shield left

He could be working undercover

Honestly it makes no real sense at this point. Like you'd think that even as director of SHIELD, there'd be something like daily psychic scans to ensure they haven't been compromised, especially given how paranoid SHIELD types are

Well, there WERE, but when Steve took over his first order of business was getting rid of them so he can walk around singing the HYDRA theme song in his head all day.

>Nobody bats an eye over the fact that Steve got rid of the division that makes sure that the head of shield hasn't been compromised
That alone should have raised several eyebrows

>Nah, look, it's cool, okay? We've been doing this for how long? And how many enemies of SHIELD have we caught? One? Maybe two? It's cool, guys, trust me. I'm Captain America, if you can't trust me, who can you trust?

This is why they should let Europeans run shield,they won't blindly trust someone called captain America

What if he ends up 'tipping' his hand to Roberto and feeds him false information to cause AIM to move against him and shield in a way to gain executive powers and martial law from that new bill they passed?

"An evil organization that supposedly turned over a new leaf is now going rampaging through shield and potentially America as a whole, and the only one who can stop it is Captain America, but he needs the power to do just that!" Is a hell of a tag line to get martial law put into place...

>I'm genuinely hyped for this event
Surely this time will be different than literally every other Marvel event, most of which also had plenty of buildup.

Fuck they'd probably be extra suspicious of the guy.

AIM used to be part of Hydra, right? I guess Steve wants to bring them back into the fold.

Will some kind user please storytime both of Spencer's CapAm series, Standoff and Thunderbolts leading up to Secret Empire? Pretty please?
(A download link would be fine, too.)

Let me guess, Secret Empire will end with a fully matured Kobik re-emerging and fixing the HYDRA shit.

No, it's been the same image the whole run. Roughly a third or quarter of the shield was flaking off.

Would that be more evil or equally as evil as normal steve. Hasn't he been kicking muties since AvX

Why Al Ewring likes Roberto too much? Im brazilian and no one cares about Sunspot, lol

and why he is so black in this book?

In AvX he was kicking muties because MUH PHOENIX, not because he hated them and wants to put them in concentration camps.

He's always been black

He was originally black. He was whiter in new avengers because of the coloring but that caused some controversy. Comicsalliance published an article complaining about it

I'm not Brazilian but I fucking love Roberto. Fuck off hue scum.

>tfw buying Vingadores just because of Songbird

He is often portrayed as light-brown or mixed. I prefer like this.

Suck my hue dick, cuck. I know that my soul is american.

>Vingadores
O que?

It must be pretty expensive to maintain psychic scans. I'm not even sure if SHIELD has them. They probably cut them because of low funds.

The New Patriot was introduced, and he'll have a role in the event. All you need to know about that is Sam gives up the shield because he feels like he didn't really do anything as Captain America, and he leaves a message saying for someone to be better than him. Then the new Patriot sees the message and starts making a suit.

It will end with Steve Rogers winning and the world being under Hydra control forever.