I’ve just seen it. Here are some opinions

I’ve just seen it. Here are some opinions.

Things I liked:
>the whole movie being the resistance constantly being chased by the FO and slowly dwindling in size as it is picked off by FO fire
>Holdo light speeding into the FO fleet was a powerful moment and well executed.
>The force connection scenes between Rey and Kylo
>Rey and Kylo vs Snoke’s guards in the throne room
>Luke and Yoda bantering
>Luke being a cheeky cunt

Things I didn’t like:
>Leia force pulling herself to the ship after being blown out of space was ridiculous and dumb
>Luke “fighting” Kylo as a force ghost was disappointing. Luke’s death was anticlimactic.
>Canto Bight was just filler
>DJ was under-utilised, basically a plot device
>the kids were cheesy

Overall better than TFA. I was afraid it’d be overlong but it didn’t feel like it. I went in with too many expectations regarding how “emotional” it would be, but I didn’t get emotional once, except for Holdo’s sacrifice.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/8x9t9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Holdo light speeding into the FO fleet was a powerful moment and well executed.
It's about fucking time they used a fucking warp missile. I've been waiting years to see this happen

I agree with your pros and cons

But we really have to state how low the low points were

Everything with Snoke Rey and Kylo was great

>great
snokes lines were so fucking stupid

That scene was kino as fuck. And the silence afterwards was perfect.

streamable.com/8x9t9

I thought this was a great scene
it was really nice seeing classic Yoda again

How would you have written them?

The only thing good about this trilogy is genuinely Kylo Ren.

The rest is a total waste of time.

>A FUCKING PUPPET

Snoke was shit desu. Basically a placeholder until Kylo takes over as the main villain. Pretty lazy writing I feel

Also, Poe’s mutiny felt awkward, probably because parts were cut.

I did like the flashbacks of a half-crazed Luke holding his green lightsaber over a young Kylo

The ending was shit. Literally “lookey here the rebellion is still here, because that stable boy no one cares about wants to be a jedi at some point in the future trilogy

>Prequel fag wants shitty PS2 Yoda back

NotMonaco or whatever that fucking city was called was shit. Really killed the tempo of the film and didn't even look like something out of science fantasy.

It was straight up Monaco with space horses.

where did you watch it?
im a bit slow here

This.
Although the fathier akshun sequence was alright I guess

The music wasn’t very memorable, which kinda surprised me.

However I did enjoy the visuals, it was kino overall

I loved that scene!

shitty cgi is much better than a fucking puppet, they didn't even do a good job or improve it at all, looks exactly like the one from the old star movies. Jarring in such a new film.

holy shit that looks awful. reminds me of pic related

I wanted to use that moment and yell something but I couldn't think of anything clever.

>twirling, twirling, TWIRLING towards victory

It looks worse than the old puppet, that’s the problem.

London. 00:01 am opening screening.
Really shitty, small screen at the old Odeon on Tottenham Court rd. some dumb schoolkids were getting drunk on wine behind me. The bitch behind me kept on putting her feet near my elbows. Before the screening she kept asking her bf who kylo was, what was a “snok”, basically she had no fucking idea about star wars yet still goes to the fucking opening night. Who the fuck does that. Also some lanklet in front of me wearing a douchey baseball cap blocked the lower portion of the screen. Really shit experience desu

The sound from the 3d screening next door crept through during the silence, which totally ruined the emotion of the scene. Why don’t cinemas invest more in soundproofing ffs

In the real canon this doesn't work because getting too close to large objects when going into hyperspace pulls you out of it.

how did luke die??

>the whole movie being the resistance constantly being chased by the FO and slowly dwindling in size as it is picked off by FO fire

So like Empire Strikes Back with the Empire chasing the Millenium Falcon...

So like how the Millenium Falcon light sped in Empire...

>The force connection scenes between Rey and Kylo

So like Luke and Anakin in Empire...

So like Leia and Lando against the Stormtroopers in Empire...

>Luke and Yoda bantering

So like Luke and Yoda in Empire...

>Luke being a cheeky cunt

So like Luke in Empire...

Bravo Rian

THIS IS WHY YOU PROTECT YOUR FUCKING SOURCE MATERIAL LIKE THE TOLKIEN ESTATE.

YOU FUCKING DID THIS GEORGE, YOU IDIOTIC FUCK FACE. YOU LET THEM DEFILE YOUR CHILD AFTER YOU RAPED HER.

He fades away on a rock.

He said "Smell yah later, kid" and than inexplicably disappeared

Physical exertion from projecting a force ghost while still being alive, also having achieved his goal of restoring balance in the force by teaching Rey about failure and she turning out to be a jedi instead of a sith

He watches the double sunset on achro and then disappears

wait what the fuck? does he even get hurt or does he die of natural causes?

>large objects
i'm fairly certain it's actually large objects that have a gravitational pull. not just large objects.

>runnimg all the way across your opponent with your back turned after hitting their weapon once
what the fuck

kill me with a blunt hammer

The strain of projecting a force ghost half way across the Galaxy. He didn't die though, he Kenobi'd. More powerful than you can possibly imagine now.

literally doesn't and cgi has gotten a lot better since then

It's basically what said. He got tired and died watching the sunset on his rock.

It gets worse.

Tell us more about the Luke premeditating killing Kylo

BADASS

Luke fading away into the sunset was kino imo. And he's definitely not 'dead' in a conventional sense, just given himself over to the force.

I'm really happy with the way the jedi vs sith or light vs darkness dichotomy was subverted here, it gave the SW movie lore a push I was waiting for. Luke was great and didn't just feel like Mark Hamil saying lines but like it was the actual character, only broken and defeated.

of course we won't actually be able to discuss this movie on here because like fucking clockwork Sup Forums will hate it for being too different and ruining star wars

>So like Empire Strikes Back with the Empire chasing the Millenium Falcon...
for the entire movie?
>So like how the Millenium Falcon light sped in Empire...
yup exactly like that scene where Han and Chewie sacrifice themselves to kamikaze the falcon into the fleet rupturing all the star destroyers and suiciding hand and chewie
>So like Luke and Anakin in Empire...
implying Anakin and not Vader.
>So like Leia and Lando against the Stormtroopers in Empire...
yup exactly like that. The stormtroopers pulled out their vibro blades and fought two lightsaber weilding jedi. exactly the same as kylo and rey in this film.
>luke was also in empire and therefor this movie is a copy+paste
you are a dumb faggot, don't go and watch the movie, you haven't seen it, you wont. you're just a dumb faggot redditor that sees some minor outrage and jumps on to the bandwagon. but gues what this movie didn't copy empire so you look like a massive fuckhead lol retard have sex

The Hobbit 1,2 and 3

Please tell me this isn't actual footage...this is a blooper reel, right??? I just bought tickets. Fuck!!!!!

"I can't see a thing in this helmet!"

>you are a dumb faggot, don't go and watch the movie, you haven't seen it, you wont. you're just a dumb faggot redditor that sees some minor outrage and jumps on to the bandwagon. but gues what this movie didn't copy empire so you look like a massive fuckhead lol retard have sex

This is genuine, isn't it? Jesus christ, Sup Forums is quite literally being invaded with low-IQ, reactionary, hypersensitive Star Wars redditors.

Luke goes to Kylo in his sleep and searches Kylo's mind. he see's that Snoke has already turned him to the darkside and what Luke see's scares him enough to draw his lightsaber.

>In Kylo's mind he's seeing his teacher standing over him with his lightsaber drawn about to kill him

>In Luke's mind he in a moment of fear and bad judgement drew his sword but soon after realized he was making a huge mistake

basically by the time Luke is like "nvm not good idea" Kylo's already awoken and seen his master turn on him.

I didn’t see the movie yet but I saw the clip of Yoda. If force ghosts can now summon lighting and make physical contact with people I don’t see the difference if Luke is dead or not.

Is thsi cunt for real? FUCK ME DEAD Sup Forums is literally filled with soyboy faggots that think their IQ levels are important and not their T-levels. Such a little frail bugman soi boi faggot he gets mad when ANOTHER user is told to have sex. fucking virgin lmao.

Knights of Ren BTFO

are you having a stroke?

How did Snoke and Kylo meet and how did Snoje influence him?

Not explained lol.
Also no knights of ren

Also Rey’s parents are drunkards who sold her off, unless that was also Snoke’s mind tricks and therefore isn’t true

Not him, but that is just some lazy writing.

Knights of ren were the imperial guards, they're dead.

Lukes character is ruined because it turns out the reason Kylo "turned" was because luke was about to execute him in his sleep due to luke fearing a prophecy. Same thing Vader did

Kylo kills snoke. Nothing special about him either. Rey and Kylo get together. It's like space twilight

Rey is literally the daughter of drunk junkies who are nothing special that sold her for alcohol.

Yoda shows up
Luke is killed
The black guy and ugly asian get together

the basically filming Gallen Marek with everything reversed.
>woman instead of man
>exclusively light user to moderately dark user instead of vice versa
its obvious the mouse is capitalizing Gallen popularity and y'all still buying it

You mean the Praetorian guard? How are you so sure? The knights of ren were just the students Kylo took with him to slay the other students at Luke’s jedi camp. Also they have very differenr weapons from the ones used by the Praetorian guard. One of the knights even has a blaster iirc

Doesn't say. There'es only really 1 scene where it is briefly touched on that Snoke had manipulated/planted seeds in the mind of a young Kylo. Basically any mysteries surrounding Snoke are redundant now.

Weirdest thing imo, is the Knights of Ren are nowhere to be seen this film and there is a strange mention from Luke that after Kylo went ape shit (cause Luke turned on him) he took some students of the temple with him and killed every student before burning it down and leaving with some of the jedi being taken with him. Now i think it's safe to say they're likely the knights of ren...

But this is the weird part, after all is said and don in this movie, you still have this weird plot line. The general idea of what happened is

>Luke almost turns on Kylo
>Kylo see's this and fears for his life and attacks Luke
like what happens next? Kylo has like 0 reason to go and kill all the jedi. His problems are with Luke. like what the fuck happened?
>omg luke's an ass hole i'll kill all his students
i mean ok whatever, doesn't really fit that well but whatever.
>hey these guys trust me over Luke maybe if I show/tell them they'll join me
makes more sense. clash of ideals/morals/opinions turns into a lightsaber clash. people loyal to Luke and don't believe he would attack a student vs Kylo and his trustworthy friends or whatever.

just like wtf happens now? Are the Knights of Ren all force users and originally students of Luke?

is there 12 random cunt jedi roaming the universe?

is Kylo actually on the dark side? (apart from han killing) like i guess we can assume he did the anakin thing and snoke said "Oh boy luke will turn on u i know it" and it happened so Kylo immediately ran to Snoke?

why was there so much buildup and production in Snoke's attire, backstory from being in unexplored parts of the galaxy, equipment, his black kyber crystal ring etc etc etc. was he literally a plot device for 1 and a half movies?

doesn't matter if you're also going super fast on non-lightspeed engines

What I'm basing it on is that there were 6 knights of ren and 6 of those imperial guards. They all use different weaponry and have a medieval armour motif going on.

If you think about it the knights of Ren would defs be guarding Snoke. They are also a pretty difficult obstacle for Kylo and Rey.

Also should add that the students would have grabbed what available weaponry was at the jedi temple so thats why that blaster is there.

The question is where did the red lightsaber come from?

JJ created a mess that can only be inherited and unfucked to some extent with patchwork and plotholes. The point is, they’re making it up as they go along.

The knights of ren used a variety of crude weapons, not one used lightsabers (remember that shot from tfa?). So they were probably less talented than Kylo and thus not really sith

not the guy u quoted but have seen the movie. While I think what you said makes sense, I also beleive it doesn't make sense because (if we assume the knights of ren are the 12 jedi then Kylo didn't kill...
wouldn't they be loyal to Kylo over Snoke?

can easily be explained as "snoke taught them too" but I don't know seems kinda just fucked.

Ren built it himself, using a cracked Kyber crystal probably provided by Snoke.

What color will they choose for Rey’s new lightsaber in XI? I’d go for yellow

yeah this whole director shit seems like JJ was like "whew yay! stahhh-woz!! my idea will be brilliant!!"
then he turned to the fucken dark side after Riaan was like "nobody cares about Snoke lets kill him off"
so he's back on directing 9 and will bring Snoke back to life or some shit i can almost fuck my life star wars is fucked

he killed the jedi because his experience with luke almost killing him turned him to the dark side further. sith don't like jedis so he killed the students, because they're on the other side, same reason luke was willing to kill kylo.

whatever happened to that "new hue of lightsaber" or whatever that would be shown in this movie? was literally every cast and crew interview + visual dictionary + merchandising just misdirection shit?

But Luke said he didn't kill all of them and took some under his wing.

Also, wouldn't it be more rational for Kylo to assume Luke has turned to the darkside? as opposed to going "ok sith are right im sith now"?
I get Snoke already planted the seed, but to me it just seems more reasonable. Like Anakin in ep 3, he doesn't just become a sith. his first reaction is to condemn the jedi and say they're evil (denying that he himself is evil)

Probably misinterpretation.

Unless I missed something. Or unless the shot of the kyber crystal in Rey’s craked sword suggests that her new lightsaber will be white? I thought it was just dead and lifeless

>it's not perfect
>gives it a score of 100

what the shit?
fuck this gay earth.

it is real canon you fuckwit

Spoilers

Thing I don't get is after Snoke dies why does Kylo Ren have any reason to go after the rebels or his mother? Snoke wanted absolute control and Kylo just wanted to improve his powers but also to be close with Rey so why does he continue following Snokes orders after the cunts dead.