What a Tweest!

So now that he's directing Batgirl is Sup Forums-Sup Forums going to have to like him as well as pretend that Avengers was the greatest cape movie solely for the purpose of lauding up the fact that he switched sides (not that he really was ever exclusive to one over the other).

And if the Batgirl movie is actually good and popular will Sup Forums-Sup Forums have to hate it? Honestly anything not directed by Snyder seems to get swept under the rug by most DCEU apologists.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/topherflorence/status/847563608129253376
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are you posting a Sup Forums thread on Sup Forums?

I want Sup Forums to leave

>Honestly anything not directed by Snyder seems to get swept under the rug by most DCEU apologists.
WHat is with all this charged phrasing??
If I like a movie in the DCEU I like a movie in the DCEU.
The two I like so far have been directed by Snyder.

NOW, tell me how that is unreasonable.

Literally who?

Joss Whedon's writing style fit Batgirl fairly well, though.

So swept under the rug huh?

We'll call this "Wonder Woman protocol".

he should do Teen Titans instead, but not part of the DCEU

Just like Ayers fit Suicide Squad.

The guy who made Agents of Not Cannon which is the 2nd best cape show on network Sup Forums

fuck this guy

I've always hated Whedon. I remember getting shit from this board for not liking Avengers, when it first came out. My opinion of him certainly didn't change with the release of Avengers 2.

>Just like Ayers fit Suicide Squad.

I still have no idea how WB tricked Ayer into writing so much soap-opera romance crap into Suicide Squad.

Even with a winning hand WB somehow manages to lose the pot.

I honestly liked the first "Avengers," but at the same time you can't ignore that there were some problems here and there, mostly with the snappy dialogue that felt out of character. The second one, however, was an absolute mess, even with the things Whedon claimed would've improved the movie.

The problem is that he has a very specific way of writing and plotting, and he honestly doesn't know how to construct a story without it. Someone has to say something meta, dialogue has to always have a punchline, and a character has to die in order to feel tension.

You're thinking of his brother. Joss hates AoS as much as I hate that ginger twat.

Even Cabin in the Woods was terrible

That's cause Gail Simone and Joss Whedon are actually the same person.

>Someone has to say something meta, dialogue has to always have a punchline, and a character has to die in order to feel tension.

Which is why Speed is the best thing he ever wrote.

A different writer wrote the plot and the structure, Whedon wrote all the dialogue. Best of both worlds.

This is hilarious, what is it from?

See I don't really like Whedon but if you think of his shows/movies it's hard to argue against him for Batgirl. He writes that kind of character all the time.

QUADS OF DOOM!
>I honestly liked the first "Avengers,"
You actually probably have the Editor to thank for Avengers more than Whedon. The handful of Editors Marvel Studios use all talk to each other and edit the various movies since the beginning. They are sometimes at the mercy of the director and Feige arguements over said movies, but they try to keep them consistent and linked together the most.

I hope Killer moth will be in the movie, even for just a cameo.

No. I was just asking who the dude in the picture was.

Actually I think now that he's directing batgirl Sup Forums-Sup Forums thinks he's a hack who has never made anything above mediocre like every other DC director

Creator of Doll House.

Ohhhhh. The wrote a bisexual and called her a lesbian guy. Right.

Kevin Smith taught me all lesbians are actually bi.

twitter.com/topherflorence/status/847563608129253376

Whedon taught me it's okay to make fun of prostitutes as long as you're secretly in love with them.

Seriously, what the fuck was he trying to do with Mal/Inara?

>Batgirl and Killer Moth start to make out.
Finally! on screen Sexual tension between Killer moth and Batgirl.

Like I'm not trying to go full Tumblr. But if you write a female character, give her a boyfriend, have an arc where she cheats on said boyfriend with a male friend, and have her still hung up on the whole affair as late as the episode where her future female love interest is introduced, it's just not going to work well if you say she's always been gay.

I liked The Avengers when I watched it for the first time. Not so much the second time around when the joy and magic of seeing all those characters on screen basically disappeared and you're left with what's basically a slightly better than average action movie.

Inara was dying of cancer.

Based Neontaster.

Everything Firefly did, Farscape did better.

Everything about Willow's later arcs were weirdly written. Like how she was portrayed as corrupt for wanting to kill Warren even though he was just as evil as the vampires and demons Buffy kills on a regular basis. There was an entire episode about him planning to mind control his ex-girlfriend and turning her into a sex slave, and the show wants us to think him being tortured is a bad thing?

Wasn't the whole issue with killing Warren is that she was high on that dumb magic addiction plotline and she didn't stop there?

And? That changes the writing how?

>write a romance where most of it is Mal looking down on Inara and calling her a whore over and over again because even though he's a rogue who throws people into jet engines in cold blood he somehow has a problem with prostitution

And yet somehow he defends Inara's honor in a duel because apparently no one can make fun of her profession but him, which is "romantic." And don't forget how Inrara was going to get gang-raped by Reavers and the arc wasn't going to focus on her, but on Mal because apparently Inara needs to get turboraped in order to stop making fun of her?

the point was Mal was a hypocrite, is A LOT of ways. characters, especially Inara call him out on it all the time. Mal wasn't heroic or especially moral, he was one of the least moral people on the ship.

>Everything Firefly did, Farscape did better.
FAR better.Farscape is such a gem. And it holds up better than almost all those old Sci Fi's. Partly due to it's heavy reliance on puppets instead of CGI.

Why didn't Angel go through those trials Spike did at the end of season 6 so having a human soul wouldn't be a curse anymore, and he could have sex while not turning into Angelus?

>soap-opera romance crap into Suicide Squad

>Mal wasn't heroic or especially moral, he was one of the least moral people on the ship.

Which would be fine if they presented their romance like that instead of making it some sort of cutesy banter bullshit. Whedon never had any idea how to write Inara, she only worked because Morena Baccarin is a god.

It was also kind of shitty how in the series finale, the final fight isn't won because of Buffy, or the new Slayers, or any of the main cast, but because Angel got a magic amulet from Wolfram and Hart and gave it to Buffy who gave it to Spike.

Mal was a bitter fuck who resented Inara for being a prostitute. He fell in love with her and then resented her job even more. It's practically spelled out.

>she only worked because Morena Baccarin is a god.
can't argue with you there. I think the problems with the relationship only really showed themselves when they spend TOO much time with each other. Like Whedon ran out of ideas. It works well the less screen time they have together

But I don't like Joss Whedon or anything he's ever made.

You didn't like Astonishing X-Men? Everyone seems to love Astonishing X-Men.

Angel was my favorite show back in high school, but looking back I just see more and more flaws, like the Jasmine arc and Connor's existence.

Also, I wonder why nobody in either show uses a supersoaker full of holy water to deal with vampires. Or why not a single vampire gets a metal place implanted in their chest or wears a protective vest so nobody can stake them.

> like the Jasmine arc and Connor's existence

Season 4 was a mistake. I love Gina Torrres but fucking shit man, that whole story.

And it's amazing that Connor, the Shadow The Hedgehog of the Buffyverse, went on to be the third lead of goddamn Mad Men of all things.

And Boreanaz went to get a long running show ON FOX. Those things are fucking rare.

Here's to the man finding something to do after Bones.

>And Boreanaz went to get a long running show ON FOX

Yeah but he was the lead, not the Poochie of the show that everyone hated.

they'll have cancelled the DCEU before Batgirl ever gets made

Whedon has never made a good movie ever. Cabin in the Woods sucked.

He beat typecasting. Which is impressive.

Before Avengers I only saw Firefly, and never felt inspired to watch anything else by Wheadon. Firefly was passable, but the setup and ensemble didn't work for me. Didn't make sense to have this bunch of weak morons survive life of crime. If they were doing honest job I'd probably be more lenient, but they were sold to me as criminals.

I hated Whedon ever since Buffy, so fuck off. I will never pretend to be nice about his work.
If that's not sarcasm, thank you.
Trick 'r Treat was much more clever with its storytelling and making fun of horror, anyway.

I think I speak for all of us when I ask: Will he let the Joker rape and cripple the bitch?

gail can get away with more because she has a vagoo (deadpool playing with his booner wouldnt have been gotten harsh criticism if it was a dude writing it)