What animated films should I show my son?

What animated films should I show my son?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=usemebanodk
youtube.com/watch?v=AARl1cMxS9w
youtube.com/watch?v=pCYkE5ouI88&list=PLmvZgRs8HImfqebte4tMJcF3yDampZzHq&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=rZUppxT38Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=0WglfhdK3tk
youtube.com/watch?v=mBBs5RZwwuk
youtube.com/watch?v=NofrY8eB3u4
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1569313482/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None, unless you want him to grow up to be a faggot that sucks off older men to pay for his hormone treatments.

bible black

This

Finding Nemo

Me!Me!Me!

The Incredibles

Tbh this. Quite a few episodes so it will keep him busy.

the two gurren lagann films and flcl when he reaches 13

My kids like Princess Mononoke. They call it "the piggie movie"

Please recreate this thread, but say "my wife's son" instead

Chasseurs de Dragons (Dragon Hunters)

french people are artsy af

*shupa shupa... shupashupa*
feel good

I loved Spirited Away when I was a kid.

Don't let video entertainment raise your children .

Not to be a faggot that basically says the same thing as everyone else, but this, Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service.

As for non-weeb shit, smack 'em with that Monsters Inc. and Road to El Dorado.

aladdin and mulan

youtube.com/watch?v=usemebanodk

Coraline and Spirited Away are both excellent, plus you can get your kid to start drawing thematic connections between them so he learns to think critically and doesn't grow up to become a Sup Forums poster

I don't think that's really what this thread is about. It's totally fine to want to show your kids cool shit, especially if you want to enjoy said shit with them. Nobody in their right mind would advocate to let movies/tv/games/etc. be a replacement for parental guidance/babysitting.

Spirited away, then tell the cunt to get a job, hand him some buckets and tell him to weed the garden just like old main char.

You want specific movies or just a generic "Disney, Pixar, Ghibli" list?

Shrek

youtube.com/watch?v=AARl1cMxS9w

Picture related, paranorman and kubo

>he has no fucking clue

If you're children see it, it teaches them.

Oh, sorry, I forgot that children are only capable of learning through osmosis, and there are literally no other factors that can help determine what somebody learns from a given experience.

>showing bokanowski to a kid
brakhage and baillie too OP!

Are you trying to say that he shouldn't show them stuff period or???

He is a fucking autist. Literally most people grew up watching cartoons, playing videogames, or some combination of stuff that "rots your brain." Yet most people still manage to grow up into functioning adults.

>Disney
Classic Era (Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, Bambi)
Post-War Era (Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, One Hundred and One Dalmatians)
The Decline Era (The Rescuers, The Fox and the Hound, The Great Mouse Detective, Who Framed Roger Rabbit)
The First Renaissance (The Little Mermaid, The Rescuers Down Under, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, A Goofy Movie, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan)
The Second Decline (Tarzan, The Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch, Treasure Planet*)
Enter Lasseter (Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, The Princess and the Frog)
The Second Renaissance / The Modern Era (Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Moana)

>Pixar
Everything that isn't Cars-related or The Good Dinosaur

>Laika
Everything

>Dreamworks
Antz, The Prince of Egypt, The Road to El Dorado, Chicken Run, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda 2, Rise of the Guardians, How to Train Your Dragon 2)

>Other (Western only)
Rango, The LEGO Movie, My Life as a Zucchini, The Iron Giant, Song of the Sea, The Book of Kells, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Persepolis, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Corpse Bride

Japanese movies covered in next post

Great list. Looking forward to your upcoming follow-up post dedicated entirely to Shrek 2 and why it is the crown jewel of western cinematic achievement, which would explain its temporary absence from your list.

Children are learning sponges. You have no clue what you are talking about or just how far down the rabbit hole you really are.

>Studio Ghibli
Everything.

>Gainax
The End of Evangelion

>Madhouse
Ninja Scroll, Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Redline, Wolf Children

>CoMix
5 Centimeters per Second
Your Name (Kimi no Na Wa)
The Garden of Words

>Production I.G
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

>Studio 4°C
Tekkon Kinkreet, Steamboy, Mind Game, Genius Party, Arete Hime,

>Other
Akira, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, The Boy and the Beast, Barefoot Gen, Macross: Do You Remember Love?, Cowboy Bebop: Heaven's Door, Koe no Katachi, Sword of the Stranger, In This Corner of the World, The Night is Short Walk on Girl, Mind Game, La Maison en Petits Cubes, Eve no Jikan

I apologize if I have missed anything or incorrectly sorted any movies in the wrong production companies

>Ninja Scroll, Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika
>The End of Evangelion
to a kid? you fucking autist

End of Eva is not for kids

>raising your kids on movies
If you ever, by some miracle, get the chance to reproduce, don't raise your kids on pop culture. Encourage your kids to play sports so they don't end up like you

He just said his son, wasn't sure what age. Sorry.

>How to Train Your Dragon 2)
what a cuck sucker you turned out to be.

>Dont have children. Obey.

And why wouldn't they want another generation of consumers feeding into their bottom line?

I agree with you user, but do you have children at all? Not everyone in the modern world can afford to read to their children by candlelight. I have a son and he'll watch some limited fare, mostly older wholesome stuff.

OP: Check these out, classic European fairytales without the POZ and the animation is AMAZING
youtube.com/watch?v=pCYkE5ouI88&list=PLmvZgRs8HImfqebte4tMJcF3yDampZzHq&index=3

Much like Kung Fu Panda, I think 2 is better than 1

Honestly my wife's son is 9, but he is really mature for his age, So I am not too worried about showing him stuff that is a little more mature.

Pretty comprehensive, few duds but well done. I also suggest Brother Bear, Yellow Submarine (am I the only one that loved that shit as a kid? Fucking hippie parents), James and the Giant Peach, and Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland. As that other guy said, definitely some of those japanese ones you wouldn't want to show a kid younger than high school age

>my wife's son

In all seriousness, I still would not recommend EoE for children as it contains some violent, sexual, and surreal imagery.

Brother Bear is decent, I just am not personally a fan. Yellow Submarine I didn't think would work with a child, but if I'm recommending Fantasia then why not? The rest are fine, too.

The first two acts of Finding Nemo, ending at them being eaten by a whale.

make him read instead.
I suggest "The Hobbit"
it's endearing and teaches the not-so-obvious (when you're used to classical fairy tales) notion that after the big baddie falls down there is no happily ever after but a power vacuum which breeds conflict

Osmosis only works for water you dumbass basement dweller

The more general term is diffusion

i agree with except if he's younger than 10 or generally emotionally younger -

>The Fox and the Hound, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Antz, The Prince of Egypt, The Iron Giant, The Nightmare Before Christmas

i'd rule out. but that's my personal opinion if OP has seen them and deems them fine then so be it.

He can be mature but if you haven't seen it first.. Don't show it
Eva was traumatic to my entire family when I suggested it
We don't believe in an afterlife so it created problems when robots controlled by your mother

roger rabbit is not for kids but kids love wacky toons so meh
nightmare before christmas is not for kids but there is nothing wrong about making him watch it, he's just likely to not enjoy it that much
fox and the hound is fucking great and actually teaches shit
prince of egypt is fine
iron giant is great for all ages
antz I can't remember which one it is, dw or pixar?

DO NOT show him end of evangelion. that shit is NOT for kids. neither are Akira or Ghost in the shell btw

>no shrek 2

Heavy Metal

This is the best my wife's son post I've read in awhile. Really just slipped it in there without making it too obvious.

The 1986 Transformers movie.

antz was dreamworks
>fox and the hound is fucking great and actually teaches shit
it's brutal. it's too much for a kid who has never given up anything like a pet who has died, or a grandparent who has died or something like that.
>prince of egypt is fine
i dunno there's stuff that happens so the main characters/heroes end up alright but a lot that happens to other people that can't be easily explained away.
>iron giant is great for all ages
again, it's about a great good and not something a younger child is going to be able to grasp.

the best anime movie of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=rZUppxT38Zk

>tfw someone feels the same as me

it was fucking incredbile

fox and the hound ending
watch it and decide for yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=0WglfhdK3tk

she had to do it btw it was the only way he could stay free

and alive

That's not the end you chimp did you forget about the bear fight at the waterfall

that is the end

You should read the manga if you haven't already. I'm not even really into mangas but the Princess Nausicaa one was amazing, it expanded on the universe a lot.

Oh, so it is

youtube.com/watch?v=mBBs5RZwwuk

grow a pair faggot

i just love the movie i never really thought about looking into anything else about it because i didn't want to be disappointed you know? but i definitely will if you say it's good. thanks user i'll give it a serious look.

It'll keep your kid from becoming a massive faggot.

a pair of what?

Friends, we are 3 :'s

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is indeed an absolute masterpiece. Princess Mononoke is also very good, and if his son is very young he could try Ponyp on the Cliff by the Sea

Lion king

yeah it's beautifully animated, the music, the characters are all great. but it's very much aimed at children, and that's not a criticism. The editing of it, the pacing.

But the stampede scene is absolute kino there's no denying that.

youtube.com/watch?v=NofrY8eB3u4

Agreed! The Hobbit is an excellent book, and as long as we're suggesting books, Check out Poppy, The Tale of Desperaux, and My Side of The Mountain. All great reads for younger readers.

If you think it's a good idea to show children Quay brothers stuff, you're actually autistic.

you are my heroes.

what animated movies have you seen that you'd like him to see?

i think this is a great thread and i'm interested in your opinion.

You buy a goat and tell that faggot he's not getting anything to eat until he kills and cooks the damn thing. You raise him to be a man, not some dandy-ass faggot who watches cartoons.
If you've got to show him something make it All Dogs Go to Heaven, Secret of NIMH, Land Before Time, Fire and Ice and Wizards.

Nausicaä also has like the most beautiful box-set any manga has ever had. Except for Revolutionary Girl Utena which is the same.

can i ask you about this?

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind: Perfect Collection Boxed Set (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Pb))

i don't mean to bludgeon you with anything i;m just genuinely curious.

sorry i'm honestly totally ignorant.

I was talking about the hardcover edition.

so am i totally fucked?

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Fucked how? What are you asking? I can't read your mind.

> I can't read your mind.
sorry
i ordered this

i just wonder if i've ordered something that hasn't done the film justice.

Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend.

>done the film justice
The manga came first you nincompoop, the movie is an adaptation.

Show him Akira when he is young and there is a 50% percent chance he won't watch anime ever again. I don't have to tell you what happens otherwise.

>The manga came first
i know but i haven't read it. am i doing the right thing with this purchase? i loved the film.

Legend of the Blue Wolves
It's a nice movie about space and shit, kids love that stuff

I honestly like the manga better just because it goes into more depth. Though you could have just read the manga online for free.

thanks user, i appreciate your opinion. i enjoyed the film so much i'm happy to pay for the manga.

Iron Giant
Spirited Away
Fantasia
Alice in Wonderland ( the old animated one)
Heavy Metal for keks

fuck off

boku bo pico

Akira, Neon Genesis Evangelion, if you care for his sanity. Might throw in some DBZ, just the old stuff though, not those faggoty remakes.

rocky and bullwinkle
plague dogs
watership down