What is Sup Forums opinion of quirky female books?

What is Sup Forums opinion of quirky female books?

What do you think?

They're fine, not the type of books I like but I'm glad there are a variety of books for different people to enjoy.

Pretty much this. I'm a bit more critical of them during times when it seems like the stuff I'm interested in is getting shunted aside for favour of that kind of stuff, but don't hold it against the books themselves despite my dislike of them.

This isn't a quirky female book.

It's just a shitty book.

>le quirky but still oh-woe-is-me books
can them!

Best Marvel female book out right now is Gamora. Didn't expect to like it but the storytelling and art are quite decent

When is she going to tell Clint about his baby

I wanted some quality pregnancy fetish fuel from this series but got none. Where's fucking Claremont when you need him?

It sucks because it doesn't pander to me

Also I am insanely triggered by comic where the female character isn't being sexualized in some way

/thread

When the character is a teen its fine, but when it's a grown ass woman who wasn't quirky at all to begin with it's no good.

Who are these people? Is that Nick Fury Jr?

It's Carol's, user.

It's funny how quickly it became apparent that this book was just Hopeless pulling a Wolfman and hooking his self insert with the main character.

It was fucking awful. Worse because Jess had outright stated she had no desire for kids.

Carol's a coal burner, she's not a muff diver.

I can't wait for the writer who kills off the baby and Porcupine, just to spite Hopeless. There has to be someone still pissed at him for arena and undercover.

Gotta agree. Unstoppable Wasp as a book just isn't for me and never will be, but I don't resent it for existing and more power to the people who read and like it.

Leth's Hellcat, on the other hand, is a fucking mistake that should not exist.

Cancer.

>Falling for Carol's beard

Caro likes'em young, she's not going to waste her time on a dried up old hag like Jessica.

The girl on the bike is my waifu. Everyone else are just background characters in the weird planet setting of the comic

>blonde, blue-eyed white woman having a negro for a beard

Incredibly unbelievable. She's genuinely hetero because no lesbo would go that far to hide it. They'd never get pussy.

t. Avril

They're for the most part obnoxious shit.
Kathryn Immonen is the only writer who does that kind of thing right.

I ended up liking Spider-Woman more than I thought I would in the end. Probably not enough to buy it, didn't like the art. It wasn't painful. It's not nearly as aggressively dumb as books like Wasp, Squirrel Girl, Gwen Poole, America etc but it definitely has it moments.

Kamala is quirky but feels more like a realistic person in her own book at least. Less like a line spouter.

There's a fine line between stupid and cute. It's different for different people even, but I think we can all agree America and Hellcat need to die in a fire.

Too old.

I saw that Nebula was just the version from the movie and lost all interest in that book.

I hated Spider-Woman for the level of self-insert into the book and the back-patting it got for being that, like Hopeless writing his own marriage and experience having kids into it was revolutionary or imaginative. There were issues/events in it I liked but I definitely had a not muh Jess reaction. And I don't have much goodwill to Hopeless in the first place: to do this with Spider-Woman seemed arrogant, as did his previous adventures in killing off teen heroes.

Did she crime fight while pregnant?

>Kamala is quirky but feels more like a realistic person in her own book at least. Less like a line spouter.
This. And sometimes her quirks and childish traits end up biting her in the ass, so they're not just there to make her seem appealing.

That's not a quirky female book, that's just Hopeless' shit.

Yes, it was stupid. She had a force field that "protected" the baby.

Not a very responsible mom, is she?

Yeah, she was pretty Hopeless.

She barely interacts with the kid, laves him with Hopeless's stand-in and then gallivants around with Ben or Carol.

Avril only dates black women.

Gonna be honest, I only read this because I wanted a good fap and it didn't even give me that.

Jessica Drew is canonically emotionally stunted because she spent decades of her life as an isolated child.

By that do you mean "her girlfriend that we saw in the comic is black"? How'd you get to that stretch?

I wouldn't have a problem with them if it wasn't the default personality for heroines. It also doesn't help that the writers are the under delusion Thierry being subversive and ground breaking when they do it.

Autistic Wasp Storytime another quirky female book

Kamala at her worst in her own book is still better than her best in any other book. Waid's in particular is a Kitty Pryde tier insufferable cunt.

>Carol replaces Monica lookalike to get with lesbian Quantum Bands wearer
Spectrum & Phyla fans on suicide watch.

I think it's a damn shame more of them aren't any good. I think there's certainly room for more types of books and more readers in this tiny-ass industry. Maybe we might've gotten some fresh blood reading if they weren't all so awful.

Poorly-written wish fulfillment for legbeards and beta males.

If people like that kinda stuff then whatever, we all got different tastes, just keep it out of the franchises I enjoy.

Here's your >>tumblr

There's nothing inherently wrong with them.
But the standards are clearly very low, which results in most of them being terrible.
It's just another symptom of Marvel's editorial being an absolute goddamn nightmare.

Moon Girl is alright, but the others are shit.

Should've been space science lesbian baby.

But how is Hopeless supposed to project himself on Carol?

She's way too masculine.

Bless hopeless.