Whats Sup Forums's unironic opinion of this movie?

Whats Sup Forums's unironic opinion of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NosALLH2Smw
youtube.com/watch?v=-vXhXvuwl14
youtube.com/watch?v=nbFO6rB0Rcw
youtube.com/watch?v=mHL8iSBYqvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CyW0QDR8BkM
youtube.com/watch?v=vDVkJDt81g8
youtube.com/watch?v=-u9X1To_iNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's okay. Knives is a cute. Michael Cera is too typecast.

I unironically thought it was okay, but I didn't really like the source material anyway.

Not enough emphasis that both Scott and Ramona were assholes and deserved each other.

Terrible. Hated the casting, hated the story told through a movie, hated the ending.

I thought it did the opposite. The comics were about Scott and Ramona figuring out they were awful people and getting over it, while the movie was about Scott being a shallow bitch and Ramona being a shallow bitch so they were perfect for each other.

Liked the look of the movie, didn't care about the two protagonists.

The casting was spot on except for the two leads, strangely enough

I enjoyed the movie, then read the books, subsequently enjoyed the movie less after that.

>mfw people say they thought Scott should have gotten back together with Knives at the end.

Do people not like Knives?

Michael Cera' s face makes me want to throw up
Its legit so disgusting to look at

Perfect example of how a horrendous lead casting can fuck up a movie

The books were a bunch of self-fellating shit. The movie is infinitely better.

You provide an interesting opinion user and have given me food for thought

ONCE YOU WEE VEGON BUT NOW YOU WILL BE GONE.

Vegon..?

-Headbutt-

Yeah it was a pretty amusing movie. Scott is a dick and Ramona is a dick, and Knives deserves infinitely better.

I like it better then the comics

Loved it.

Watched it recently and I'd say it's pretty entertaining.
Not a perfect movie but I enjoyed it and it made me interested in checking out the source material.
Most adaptations of anything can barely manage that.

The quality of directing and editing deserved a better source material to work with.

3/10 wouldn't watch again

I liked it, but Cera was the most horrible choice for the lead. And I recall the ending was crap, but it's been too long so I don't remember.

Rest of the movie was okay though, even if it had a lot of stupid hipster trash. I liked the whole plot of "if you want to date me you have to beat my 7 evil exes".

I never read the comic, but honestly I thought Cera was surprisingly fantastic in his role. He had the meekness yet self absorbed demeanor that felt in home with the dialogue.

I mean, his acting fit the role, but his profile was nothing like comic book Scott.

meh.

The visuals are fucking fantastic and Edgar Wright is a goddamned genius, but Micheal Cera gets the character 100% wrong and is just fucking awful to watch.

People self-insert as Scott and miss that he's a cunt. Part of that is Micheal Cera playing him as every awkward good guy Cera's ever played instead of playing the actual character.

Scott Pilgrim is not awkward. He's self-involved to the point of making dumb social flubs, but those aren't a result of being shy or scared - it's a result of NOT being either of those things.

Even in the books when Scott still sees himself as a good guy and maybe even a little meek he was never a socially retarded mush-mouthed coward like Micheal Cera.

Cera was a bad choice, someone like Andrew Garfield would've fit better

Brie Larson singing made up for any shortcomings. Fucking sucks that the official soundtrack only included the original Metric version of that song.

Unironically? My favourite movie growing up

I didnt watch it, thats my unironic opinion

Why post if you havent seen it?

Cera ruined it for me, he is not Scott at all.
Other than that I didn't like some of the fights, I remember the DG fight with dragons and shit that in the book was Scot fighting robots as the worst
Also it didn't do justice to the books at all, there is shit chunk in the middle were Scott pretty much gives up that didn't make it to the movie but it was important because the fact that Scott gave up on everything and refused to anything and grow up ended up being the center of the story

It was fine. I haven't seen it in years, but I remember it feeling like they went through the story too fast, I mean it was 5 and a half books in one movie.

It's a really good adaptation. I liked Wright's reasoning that the movie was the book from Scott's perspective.

Me too. It's a terrible adaptation of the comic, too, but it's such a unique movie.

I liked it.
Then I read the comics, and then I didn't like it, knowing the backstory, character development, and Wallace was cut out.

>Make movie just as the last book comes out
>Edgar Wright had to bend over backwards and do reshoots so the ending lines up with the comic

I prefer Wright's original vision and ending as it made more sense for the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=NosALLH2Smw

youtube.com/watch?v=-vXhXvuwl14

Garbage for hipsters who should unironically kill themselves.

Also in hindsight I didn't like how Ramona's actress was so skinny, in the comics she was on the thicker side.

It's ok, fairly entertaining.

Totally misses the entire point of the comic.

Can't say I like the Knives ending. I'd be for it if they actually had some sign of a healthy relationship, but honestly their entire interaction was based off of Scott being insincere and Knives being obsessive.

I didn't mind the Romona ending, but honestly I would've liked it if Scott ended up with no one and was content with it. That he isn't defined by the person he holds hands with.

Was okay. Still don't like Michael Cera, but there's worse movies. Probably won't ever watch it again though.

I still wanna rape the asian bitch

The best thing about this film is Wright and visuals. Everything else are pedestrian.

I didnt read the source btw.

Comics were better, but the movie is alright. Cut out some stuff that I would have liked to see, but all in all I think it's alright. Actually improved on some stuff, too, like making the way Scott defeated Todd different so that it was him using his brain (like in the Lucas Lee fight) rather than being an asshole.

I mean, fuck, that didn't come out right. Rather than TODD just being an asshole.

I wanted to fuck those demon hipster chicks more then any other actor on the movie

Loved the movie, I thought it was highly enjoyable and entertaining, didn't care about Cera being Cera.

Hated it when it came out because it's not totally true to the comics but I really like it now. Wish there were more movies like it.

casting was objectively perfect except Cera, should have been a douchier guy

It's good

Direction and editing wise its a masterpiece. As a film student its one of my favorite movies.

Scott is supposed to be a attractive guy Cera is cool but he looks like a bird

It was a solid 5/10

Twilight for gamers

Thought it was a shit adaptation of the books and it should not have released when it did

When should it have been released?

I'm guessing user means after the novels were finished so they had a better chance to adapt the story

>shit adaptation of the books
But user, doesn't it lend to reason that a shit adaptation of something shitty would actually be something good?

Game>Comics>Movie.

It's a fucking blast to watch and captures the feel of the comic excellently, but it kinda fucks up the story and overall message of the comic.
Watch movie to have fun with the crazy visuals, fight scenes and good direction, read the comic for the plot.

It's a fantastic movie that adapts the source material terribly.

The game isn't that good tho except for the god-tier soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=nbFO6rB0Rcw
youtube.com/watch?v=mHL8iSBYqvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CyW0QDR8BkM
youtube.com/watch?v=vDVkJDt81g8
youtube.com/watch?v=-u9X1To_iNo