ITT: It's 1998 and this trailer just hit

>youtube.com/watch?v=DqcrzE9pZOQ
Is Darth Sideous Palpatine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TJoExzWnWeA
youtube.com/watch?v=aAs7Wxvc1_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll weigh in in an hour or two when the video finishes downloading.

Because it's 1998. And dial up. Gee I hope nobody tries to use my phone.

It's blatantly obvious in the movie, his theme song they play during his introduction in Phantom Menace is the same as in Return of the Jedi, and the actor is clearly the same guy.

I can't believe there was ever any debate about it.

I couldn’t believe how many people in 1998/1999 couldn’t figure out that Palpatine was Sidious. I remember there being ridiculous theories about Sidious being a clone or some shit

Sure, Sideous = The Emperor, but is Palpatine the same character? And EU isn't canon.

This looks fucking amazing!!! Star wars is back again lads!

I've had an autistic friend who insisted that there's no way Sidious is Palpatine, because "a man can't be old and young at the same time"

>Before there was Sheev, we called him Augie
Good one, Williams.
youtube.com/watch?v=TJoExzWnWeA
youtube.com/watch?v=aAs7Wxvc1_o

>Hey everyone I think Ian McDiarmid is playing the Emperor again.
>OH, WOW. THANKS FOR THE SPOILERS.

I wish they would do a sequel instead of a prequel

>Guys, there's a spoiler on the soundtrack cd
Qui-Gon's Noble End
Man who could have seen that coming, it's not like this bit of obvious pottery was in every fucking commercial.

Anons, anons, you have to listen to me. I'm from the far distant future of 2017. In it, Phantom Menace is regarded as one of the worst things to happen to Star Wars, but in our timeline, Disney has purchased the property, and we are currently on episode 8. Han dies in 7, Luke and Leia die in 8, Han and Leia's kid is the bad guy and the main character is a literally who girl who isn't even Luke's kid.

Don't hate the prequels, doing so will result in this timeline being created. Whatever you do, tell Lucas he did a good job.

If my plan doesn't work, I'm sorry. Cherish this time while you can.

>same actor

This actually blew my mind when I realized it.

That and the name Palpatine was floating around before the prequels. Probably wasn't as common knowledge but I remember calling him Palpatine before the prequels after my uncle had used it, who was a star wars nerd with a load of EU books.

Bullshit, fuck off Disney would never buy star wars they like to stick to princesses and shit.

>John Titor Saves Star Wars

Leia doesn't die, Han and Leia's son being a bad guy is not an inherently bad idea and the main character being unrelated to any other established character is also not an inherently bad idea.

Disney Wars does suck, but not for those reasons.

>Disney has purchased the property
Yeah right, very funny.

But it's the same actor as ROTJ Emperor?

>No emitter on bottom of lightsaber
Lucas is such a hack.

He is called Palpatine in the 1976 novelization of A New Hope.

Fuck off summerfag.

It's played by the same actor, retard, what the fuck do you think?

Yes

based time traveler poster

And he wasn't even a force user, let alone a Sith in that entry. He was just a corrupt politician, his name inspired by the Senator from Taxi Driver.
I'm telling you it's a misdirect. I'll bet you it turns out to be a clone, as a precursor to the Clone Wars.

How did people watch trailers before the internet became widely used? I know they put a million of them on DVD's/VHS and before movies in theaters.

He is called Palpatine again in the 1983 novelization of ROTJ. What now, faggot?

We were watching SD trailers with Quicktime in 1998.

I really come from the future and Sidious is the clone of Palpatine (oh and love story between Anakin's mom and Liam Neeson btw)
Screencap this fuckers.

>Disney buying Star Wars
Yeah right. What's next, they buy Iron Man? They won't go near that crap, they only do princess cartoons. Nice try though.

>The world convinces George that the shitty prequels are good
>George makes 7,8 and 9 and they are even WORSE than Disney 7,8 and 9
Wow, good job faggot.

They're obviously related, look at the balcony.

It's not enough that girls get their princess movies, they must also ruin everything that boys love.

>America's 35th favorite superhero
roflcopter

I have the teaser on a CD somewhere.

This is 1998 dude, not 1962. Disney's last movies are Lion King, Mulan and the Hunchback of Notre-Dame.

>Americans clapping in the movie theater
god dammit

Who fucking cares about Iron Man. I hope DC makes some good movies about Superman.

I'd be interested to hear what Lucas had in mind, at the very least.

pottery? What does pottery have to do with Star Wars?

Dark Horizons is reporting Tim Burton's doing Superman Lives. I hope they don't fuck up the casting and get someone like Nick Cage.

Nah, Sideous looks way older.

Did you hear about the one they're working on with Nicolas Cage right now? I'm actually pretty hyped for that, I heard Braniac is the villain.

Please let Tim Burton make Batman 5! We have so few super hero movies.

Palpatine looks like a young guy. Sideous is old and deformed. Maybe it's his son? Or he could be wearing some sort of Force Mask to disguise himself.

He probably has a dust cover on it like a rifle.

Force mask? What, like he's gonna rip it off like a cartoon? lol

I mean, isn't Palpatine just some nobody senator? Looks like almost an extra for the trailer, Sideous is supposed to be the emperor of the whole galaxy.

That's just silly, it's not like he has unlimited power. More like he's using the Dark Side to cloud people's perception of him.

heh, nothing personnel

I want a metal upa

Just watched this trailer high quality on cd-rom with my father in his office at the top of the WTC. What are you gonna do about it

Surely, that is harder to pull out than mask. Their powers are limited alright, I'd say they wouldn't even extend to other people.

>casual pretending to know Iron Man in 1998
Even War Machine was more popular at the time.

When's it coming out? There's a new movie about the Titanic that I want to see too...but they keep saying it's going overbudget and it'll sink like the real Titanic. I hope it's good.

Anyway, we don't need a new princess like the one in the trailer...we've got Princess Di, right?

The only Marvel characters anyone mainstream knew in 98 were Spiderman and the X-Men, mostly due to their cartoons.

This looks rad but I sure hope there is some slow motion lightsaber fights and it is essential a nostalgia tour and soft remake of the original, that would be really enjoyable.

>Titanic came out last year
What are you, Yugoslavia?

Screen captured to own you in 20 years

You are going to be so embarrassed you'll delete your GeoCities

LOLing, don't AIM me

I still haven't seen the trailer yet. Fuck you you smarmy cunt
I hope a plane crashes in to the building while your in it.
Actually no, TWO planes! one for each building.

>there is some slow motion lightsaber fights
The fuck? Why would you want that?

But we knew the Emperor's name was Palpatine even before Episode 1 came out

>Disney has purchased the property

Ha! For what, like a billion dollars? Lucas wont sell the thing he loves, at least not for cheap, he is dedicated to the craft.

And a film studio will never spend that kind of money on what is essentially a space comic book franchise.

Palpatine = Emperor
Sideous =/= Palpatine

That trailer still gives me goosebumps like it did in 99' holy shit

its self sealing, like a butthole

Another future poster, very funny. It's 1998, that trailer is attached to hit films like Meet Joe Black and Bug's Life.

How'd ya know?

I had a schoolfriend who insisted that they were different, no amount of logic could convince him otherwise

>can see the cord to her electric dress
What the fuck is this shit? This isn't Star Wars. Give me gritty, dirty, broken down machinery and fast paced action.

Its the best fucking star wars film. Better than empire.

>the WTC
What does this mean?

Emperor = Sideous

Ergo, Palpatine = Sideous

Wait, the kid is Anakin Skywalker? Darth Vader? So they're showing his journey to going dark? This might actually be really fucking great lads.

These garish, out of place buildings in New York City that are loaded with asbestos. They were in the 70's Kong film. They really need to knock them down.

World trade center you fucking loon

What is your proof that Sideous is Palpatine?

Star Wars has to change with the times. Slow motion is amazing cutting edge technology right now, and should be in Star Wars.

20 years ago it was impossible. And just think how boring and lazy using slow motion will be in 20 years. No one would do it.

I just want to see the best special effects on offer today

>I hope a plane crashes in to the building while your in it.
Having some kind of a fantasy here Mahmet?

Never heard of it, who the fuck cares about some ugly buildings in a crime ridden shit hole like New York

Hold the fuck up

They're making a new star war trilogy? That geisha looking chick is pretty hot

Nah man, CGI is the shit now. Lucas is said to be experimenting with it. Get ready to experience Star Wars like you never did before.

She's the girl from The Professional. What I can't believe is they got that junkie from Trainspotting as Obi-Wan.

I hate you... I will fucking crush you like a cardboard MILK CARTEN YOU FUCKING NOGGER FUCK YOU DIE DIE DIE DIE

>plane crashes into building

LOL WTF, how is a plane going to fly into a giant ass building, is it some drunk Airways International pilot LOL

I'm so glad they didn't do something stupid like give Mace Windu a Purple Drank saber

Best scifi ever coming through! best special effects too. LMAO at your kiddie nerd stuff! They'll never top that.

>The Professional
>Trainspotting

So they hired no name actors who's only parts are in films nobody has ever even heard of FOR THE BIGGEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME???

Hey have you been on the Star Tours ride at Disneyworld? It's fucking rad dude

i don't know if it's a meme but i'm pretty sure from the first moment you see him in episode I you're supposed to tell he is palpatine. am i the only one who really saw it? or did i fall for the meme?

What if Disney bought Star Wars solely for no other reason than they wanted to stop paying money to keep having the rights for Star Tours

What's a meme?

It's some weirdass word from usenet. You know the thing with the dancing baby?

>According to Cinescape Online's Insider, Rick McCallum, TPM's producer set the record straight on Sidious' identity (also check Question 3I) in a British magazine called Starburst by saying "Ian [McDiarmid] is the Phantom Menace. He's not the Emperor yet [in The Phantom Menace], but he is a Sith Lord. He's also Darth Sidious. That's Ian in the robe."
Palpatine = Sideous
Sideous = Emperor
Emperor = Palpatine
fight me

i just invented them. you'll understand when you're tool old to be laughing at them.

I feel like we had this conversation 18 years ago.

>gay faggot from trainspotting that was fucked in the ass in Velvet Goldmine by the Empire of the Sun kid
fuck. off.

the kid could be alright tho, looks like Luke

lmao! can't wait for some disney princess lightsaber duel!