What is the logic behind to dont use or air old cartoons on TV networks?

What is the logic behind to dont use or air old cartoons on TV networks?
Im not saying "why new cartoons are crap, they should just air the old good cartoons"

But alot of kids dont know at all some of the old shows, and it just trash so they dont get use, not even something like a legacy block, or anything.

And of course, If all the shows they where making were super fantastic, I would understand... but some are really questionable quality...

Is just because "we have to make progress and walk into the future" or is some Corporative BS reason?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/alot
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They should air some older stuff i remember bei g a kid in the 90s and loving herculoids and johnny quest not knowing they were old shows and preferring them to some of the garbage they had going back then

There's probably some licensing reason, and it's cheaper to just air TTGO all day because kids are dumb

>alot
Not a word.

Boomerang used to be a programming block on Cartoon Network, then later became a premium channel on it's own. Cartoon Network probably has the data to know that this was a smart movie.

What I'm trying to say is, CN has a channel for old cartoons and it probably works great for them. The Splat seems pretty popular, maybe it'll move up to being a channel someday.

Is this done by jhonen?

Old shows usually look old. Airing stuff that isn't widescreen or HD would look bad, they save that for specials.

They'd still have to pay to license it, the difference is they'd not be getting anything new.

Law of progression and regression. You don't sell the chairs made in the 40s unless you antique because cultural progress regresses portions of the past, and replaces them with new accepted standards to cement out advancement as a society. With entertainment, jokes of the 40s are not jokes of the 2010s, Action of the 40s are not action of the 2010s; regression and progression occurred. Unless you're a purposefully antique channel (TCM, MeTV), you must adapt

TL;DR: pic related'll be on your ass if you showed some of The acceptable shit of yesturyear

The Hub tried airing old cartoons in addition to new stuff. Even old cartoons that were popular like the DCAU shows, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, G1 Transformers, etc.

The Hub ended within 3 years.

Kids don't want to watch Old Shit. They just don't.

With those thighs and claw-hands and clean lines? I don't think so.

Shows are usually cancelled because they didn't get good ratings. Networks don't want to air domething that won't get good ratings.

>or is some Corporative BS reason?
More or less.
If they cancel a show as a failure, for bullshit such as not selling enough toys, they can get a tax write-off on it which would make it illegal to ever air it on TV again.

It must be torture to go through life and be one where you feel a crippling obsession to point out small typos and then experience a sudden need to point those out.

Alot is not a typo.
A typo is whrn you accidentally pressed the wrong key.
Alot is straight up, not a word.

Is Boomerang worth $40/yr?

>whrn
You made it on purpose so I can point you out, right?

No, I did it as an example.

its okay.
We have to learn slowly to fix thouse kinds of mistakes.
And he didnt went like "fuck you retard, alot doesnt exist"

so we can improve and go forward as a team

As the original guy who said "Alot is not a word", I apologize. I didn't mean to derail this thread.

could still be written by him

>What is the logic behind to don't use or air old cartoons on TV networks?

Why waste a time slot on an old cartoon when you can broadcast a newer show that kids actually watch?

He drew that thicc mom from randy cunningham

well, some they wont watch.
and they dont have to know is old....
I guess is hard now that everything is HD... even filling the borders of the screen doesnt help that much...

When I was a kid, I used to love watching Boomerang on Cartoon Network, and other old cartoons that were on during school hours in the summer or spring break like Top Cat

But maybe I was different.

well. modern kids are less tolerant and stupid, so we asume they wont watch anything because is old

It's a double edged sword for shows that were fun to watch even if it didn't sell toys.

If they're stupid, they don't know it's old

But, this was probably true when I was young. But now things are computer-drawn, and also widescreen, so a cartoon being older is much more obvious than when I was youung

>alot
>Not a word.
Autism.

We minorities are used to the mainstream's racist fuckery. The people who complain are either liberal whites or college educated minorities that went to overwhelmingly white instititions. The rest of us don't necessarily like the shit them faggots complain about, but we react in the moment and keep it moving. Niggas got jobs too, we don't have time to sit around and complain all the damn time.

You've seemed to have made a common comma error there. The correct way to put that sentence would have been either:

Alot is straight up not a word.

or

Alot is, straight up, not a word.

I cum alot.

du wei neeed the lessthan om spellsing amd grammer!

In the UK they aired those old Gerry Adamson puppet shows in the 00's and those things were made all the way back in the 60s.

I watched the shit out of them but our tv only had 5 channels, none of them had cartoons like what CN and the like were pumping out in that era

Transformers was visibly ancient and Animaniacs was dated in the writing. Even when I watched it as a kid in 2001 something about it was off-puttingly old.

The Hub was a premium channel which nobody fucking knew about. The Hub wasn't being advertised on any other channel like CN, Nickledeon, Boomerang, Disney channel, Warner Brothers, Adultswim, Teletoon.

>Cartoon Network probably has the data to know that this was a smart movie.
>a smart movie

Was this a preemptive example?

It's by Chad Rocko. But the bank lady is a character from the official comic.

> they can get a tax write-off
How is this thing not illegal? This should be illegal! Same deal with 2 companies owning 1 franchise like the Spectacular Spiderman fiasco.

Nope, I fucked up.

And the fact it took this long for someone to see my fuck up really shows no one read my post about Boomerang and The Splat.

Next thing you'll tell me is that "another" isn't a word.

The name of the artist is in the file named

I've never seen so many people triggered over the idea that "alot" is not a word.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/alot

All shows are a product of their time, even if kids liked it back then it doesn't mean they will like it right now.

Can we get some drawings of that bank lady?