So, Aquaman thread anyone? Been reading the late silver age/early bronze Steve Skeates run. Really, really fucking good

So, Aquaman thread anyone? Been reading the late silver age/early bronze Steve Skeates run. Really, really fucking good.

I'm hoping we get some more reprints around the time of the Justice League movie.

Praying Liam Sharp is on art after based Sejic!

What are some essential Aquaman reads?
I loved NU52 and am loving Rebirth so far, but I also don't wanna feel like a poser for how much I enjoy this character.

Same here! At least something the lines of DC's newest reprint series with the Darwyn Cooke art on the cover, that would be nice

Definitely David's run, but try and read Arion Lord Of Atlantis, The Atlantis Chronicles, and Tide & Time before hand

Oh god...imagine those two taking turns on this book. I just want some Sejic kraken horrors

Good taste, man.

What OP said, anything by Jim Aparo, Steve Skeates, Ramona Fradon, or Mike Grell.
You should definitely read The Search for Mera and Death of a Prince. Also PAD’s run as says. The 1986 mini series by Neal Pozner and Craig Hamilton is pretty good too. There also was a 13 issue series in 1991, that I remember liking. In 1989 there was another mini series by Keith Giffen and Curt Swan.

I haven't read much of post-Crisis Aquaman outside of Johns/Parker/Bunn/Abnett which I've followed since New 52.

I have to say, as good as all those have been (save for Bunn unfortunately) Abnett has been my favorite because of just how much it expands on Atlantis' culture, politics and technology. Johns and Parker did a lot for the history and mythology but the modern stuff is the most interesting to me.

I wanna ask, did PAD or any of the other famous runs do anything similar? I do know that post-Crisis a focus of Aquaman was Atlantis and the magical history of it, but I don't know how much the culture of the modern civilization of Atlantis was fleshed out.

Indeed.

>Abnett has been my favorite because of just how much it expands on Atlantis' culture, politics and technology

Definitely. And Aquaman also has a lot of "cosmic horror" elements with the trench and just the overall sense of the unknown deep underwater. I really don't like Levitz's take on the character (a bit too reliant on Aquaman's telepathic coaxing of aquatic life for my tastes), but he did put in some Lovecraft-esque monsters

bump

Sup Forums doesn't care about Aquaman. They just want to fug his wife.

This

Kind of getting a Denny O' Neil "Green Arrow/Black Canary" vibe from this

And here's hoping that Dolphin comes back at some point. Not that I'm saying "fuck mera", but it would make for an interesting love triangle

God- where should I even start with Aquaman?

new 52

Do you think he's rough or tender in bed?

I need an aquaman omnibus then I'll have one for every member of the current justice league. The question is what aquaman run will they collect gold silver bronze or a particular writer?

They were going to release a Johns Aquaman omnibus, but I think it's been cancelled.

Is there any book by johns outside of the new 52 that hasn't been turned into an omnibus yet. I'm sure his aquaman and justice league is just a matter of time. His aquaman run is probably gonna be turned into an omnibus once the event he was teasing for it finally happens. I wouldn't mind Peter davids run getting an omnibus because to my knowledge they've never rereleased any of it in trades.

His Action Comics never got an omnibus. I'm still mad about it.

When I was a kid and I first started pulling monthlies, around that first couple weeks or so was when American Tidal dropped and the Sub-Diego status quo set in. I always quite liked that. Gleason's art certainly helped set the mood.

I oughta go back and read that again at some point, see if it lives up to memory.

That was the book that got me into reading aquaman and every so often I still go back and read it. It's crazy how far Gleason's art has come in 10 years

How does it hold up? I mostly remember the cute Aquagirl and the neat dynamic of Aquaman having a city to patrol + the whole "why does everyone have gills" mystery.

Still holds up really well and outside of the water hand there's not much back ground information needed to get into it. I've gotten people to start reading aquaman through the trade that came out as well as johns first trade of aquaman.

How y'all feeling about movie Aquaman?

I just wish he had gone blonde, other than that he seems great.

I don't mind him not being blonde for the movie I just wish the top part of the armour was more orange or even gold. Having the top half mostly green with gold trime just makes him look bland

Can't wait for Mera to become the cuck queen

I'm excited as shit for movie Aquaman as my favorite Aquaman design will always be 90s beard and long hair Aquaman which they seem to be embracing.

I like it when Arthur is a bit brash.

You sure the Johns Aquaman omnibus is canceled? Might be a date change or something. If so that sucks

I could see it being pushed up to be released closer to the solo film.

So how have y'all been liking Rebirth Aquaman?
I very much appreciate how Abnett is giving Aquaman a new rogues gallery with Dead Water, Warhead, Nemo and the Aquamarines

Current aquaman is great and I look forward to seeing what he has in mind going forward especially involving manta and nemo. I hope Abnett ends his run on aquaman with his wedding to mera

Is the Atlantis Chronicles lore still canon or has that been all retconned after New 52?

I'd say there's a 99% chance it's just gonna be resolicited either closer to the JL movie or the Aquaman movie.

It's Mamoa and it's directed by Wan. I don't feel good about it at all. That slo mo scene of him slamming his bottle of jack on the ground will never not make me laugh.

The bad costume makes me REEEEE

His New52 suit was perfect.

Aquaman was like the one hero where the regal high-collar was fucking perfect.

It looked awful on Supes but goddamn did that shit look nice on Arthur.

Personally I think a good live action take of his costume would be a mix of organic and bronze armor