Thoughts on The Boss Baby (if anyone on Sup Forums actually watched it)?

Thoughts on The Boss Baby (if anyone on Sup Forums actually watched it)?

inb4shotabait

I'm still surprised they made that Jonah Hill cartoon into a movie.

What Jonah Hill cartoon?

Feh that shit wishes it could have been half as well received.

I liked it, it's also very refreshing to watch a movie where the product placement isn't as obvious for entirely clear reasons.

Normalising the infantile behaviour of management so that the worker bees will accept their childish actions is never something that should be supported.

Fuck 90% of managers, the Peter Principle holds true way too often.

Comments like this are a really easy way to tell that someone hasn't watched the movie.

Is there a camrip yet?

You don't need to get people to see the movie. You just need to advertise enough to get the idea out there that having a baby (or baby-like behaviour) as your managerial leader is an acceptable thing.

It's corporate brainwashing of the most insidious kind.

I'll watch the camrip. I'm saving my money for the emoji movie

> baby-like behavior as your managerial leader is an acceptable thing

The entire premise of the movie is that becoming a boss baby only happen to babies who are incapable of regular joy, laughter, etc. The MC is noticeably disturbed by the baby's behavior.

in the ending the baby gives up their life of management to become a normal baby

At least pretend to know what you're talking about instead of blindly repeating talking points you read from people on twitter.

>blindly repeating talking points you read from people on twitter

It's literally working though. Most people I know who have seen anything about the movie assume it's about a baby being the boss of a company. Like I said, you don't need to get people to watch the movie, as long as it forms an association. Boss + Baby = childish managers, it's a natural association.

I know the actual plot line, that doesn't change any of my statements.

I wonder if the author appreciates the licensing deal seemingly just to use the catchy name of the book to tell an entirely different story.

>It's corporate brainwashing of the most insidious kind
This is the clearest example of tinfoil hat I have seen in recent memory and I am just loving this. Please, do continue.

>Shota
this is toddlecon buddy

The other one

I'm sure Dreamworks tossed a fuckton of cash to the author like the boss baby did in the film multiple times

It (probably) took place in the 60s-70s, what are they gonna product place in the movie?

Just perfect

And yet Sup Forums spazzes over Dipper and Lincoln

We can love all kinds of shota.

You can see in the credits that it's mostly baby products, some toys, and pet supplies iirc. Nothing so blatant as "LEGO Batman uses an iPhone"

But did it make enough money to adapt the sequel??

It was two movies in one. One of the movies was much better. It would have been an infinitely better movie if it just went all out with the "this is what ti feels like to have a little brother" allegory instead of adding the ridiculous "puppy corporation" subplot.

How didn't this kill his career?

I really dont get all the hate this thing got it was about on par with family guy in my opinion

Those eyelashes made him look way too feminine but still, nice shota.

Most likely since it beaten that piece of shit Ghost In The Shell movie and that mediocre Beauty And The Beast movie.

Why do studios still tap into the shallow well of baby jokes? Who's the target audience? First time parents?

>inb4shotabait

I wasn't even thinking about that until you said that user.

Young boys with newborn siblings. Or people who experienced this kind of jealousy over their younger siblings when they were kids or whatever.

It was far more grating than family guy even, and that's as someone that will not watch any family guy if he can help it.

Someone was forced to animate this to pay their rent.

Haven't seen it but the film surprisingly has deep lore. It will definitely be the next Bee Movie in 10 years.

I would watch it but it would be too awkward to go alone.

Thicc?

Watch on a weekday when you're most likely be the only one there

most likely at gunpoint, too

That's even worse. The staff pays then even closer attention to me.

Download the camrip.

Or pay a homeless man to see the movie with you.

How?

Having a ready-made direct sequel was half the reason why they adapted The Boss Baby in the first place.

>Boss Baby beat 1 billion

It stands at 217 mil, you retard.

But no, I am willing to bet that they spent more on advertising than they actually did making the movie, and 217 mil from a 125 mil budget isn't good.

on it's opening weekend, considering the bad word of mouth Beauty An The Beast / Ghost In The Shell have been getting

>Sup Forums spazzing over Dipper

It was kinda mediocre. The whole plot is predictable from beginning to end and the action scenes are decent at best. Didn't help that I watched it dubbed here in Mexico and for some reason the sound effects were so low you could barely hear a thing during the race to the airport scene.

Not worth the ticket, wait to rent it.

Atleast he got paid unlike those guys that animate sasugefest

Boss Baby book(s) > movie imo

> the action scenes are decent at best

Sure user, the part where they did Even Knievel stunts while the color scheme went kaleidoscopic was very underwhelming. Please point to the multitude of better action scenes in american theatrical animation that Boss Baby fails to measure up to.