How does Rogue One compare to the other nustarwars stuff

How does Rogue One compare to the other nustarwars stuff

Rogue One is genuinely one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I don’t understand why it’s held in such high regard here. At least relative to the rest of nu-Wars.

Rogue One was leagues better than either of the other new films.

Simple straightforward gritty plot. Simple interesting and well performed characters.

Good villains. Excellent climax.

It wasnt perfect, but it was an actual decent fipm.

Third act is tolerable but you have to get through lots of BS to get there.

I watched it and I’ve completely forgotten everything about it.

Name one character from it without googling.

It's better visually than The Force Awakens and has better action. Sadly it's populated with utterly dull and unlikeable characters and the story is a pointless retcon that lacks stakes. It's not as annoying as The Force Awakens, but it is more boring.

Judging by meme-worthiness;

TLJ > TFA > R1

Grand Moff Tarkin ;^)

its all nuwars anyway who gives a shit

5 > RO > 6 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > Xmas > 7

It is a good supplemental to the Star Wars films but it probably wouldn't fare so well as a standalone.

>why it’s held in such high regard here
Least offensive. Least canon rapey.

one of the worst movies I have ever seen, its worse than nuwars

Darth Vader

Ben Mendelsohn.

Red Five ;(

I like TFA a lot, but Rogue One is fucking boring as shit. I hoped this would be a thinly veiled Felicity thread tbqh

>guy who will murder an informant but not snipe a high ranking target because he has a crush
>chinese force guy they just told to act chinese and repeat one line
>a muslim because none of those will get their quota in the main trilogy
The characters are all fucking shit. I hated it.

So autists who only care if the mechandise they loved as kids acts in accordance with the rules set by the licensed tripe they read instead of real novels, got it.

No regard for characterization, themes, and tone I assume, seeing how it's neurologically impossible for those people to appreciate them.

The characters names dont matter.

A pure "nustarwars" movie.

Watching that movie is just a waste of time. None of the characters are memorable, so them dying means basically nothing, and all that happens is something you already knew about from a couple lines in an older movie. It's frustrating to think I spent any time watching it and I waste tons of time

I AM ONE WITH THE FORCE. THE FORCE IS WITH ME GUY.

Bender Bending Rodriguez

This premise is them taking a "risk" and it still ends up with the same gag laugh one note characters. And all of their films have been successful and critically acclaimed so we're stuck in this hell.

Jyn Erso, Galen Erso, Cassian Andor, Baze Malbus, K2SO, Director Krennic

Least canon rapey? It was one Disney's first big pushes to market the force(tm) as a religion and not some mystical scientifically inexplicable energy, honestly it did way more damage than episode 7 and 8.

Jan Ors and Kyle Katarn

Watch from the perspective of a 30-something social reject who was too stupid to appreciate nuanced sci-fi so he spent the entirety of his formative years watching, reading, and playing everything Star Wars. Then you'll see why so many people on this board like this movie.

Bazinga Robot
Samurai Asian
Blind Asian
Ummm what was that other guys name, Pilot McTentacleRaped
Mz.Rabbit Teeth
Can't remember the rests names

This user knows what the fuck is up. All these films are good for are the memes they will produce. Similar to the prequels.

I can't think of a single meme from TFA and RO that gets dropped on a daily basis. They are sterile as fuck

>Samurai Asian
>Blind Asian
Weren't these the same character?

chirrut

ESB > ANH > ROTJ > ROTS > R1 > TPM > TFA > ATOC > TLJ

If anything making it a star wars movie probably hurt it the most. If they took the REMEMBA STAR WARS parts out and used that time to help you give a shit or at least remember a character's name it wouldn't have been as much of a frustrating experience

what did it retcon? you're misremembering the bothans line.

Don't be racist. sure they looked the same, but my dude they were two different characters.

TLJ offers some fine additions to our collection.

The one meme I can think of is "I bypassed the character development". It ain't Sheev.

yep

I'm glad other people made this connection

It was nice. Knew when to have humor and the tone of the movie was consistent.

>TFA > ATOC
Are you truly sure about this?

muh sand

Strongo Womaynn
Spikkmex Icaylmao
Marvin
Nohcan Si
Blohup Yu
Tehnt Aculraep