heero-yuy.tumblr.com/post/159535670775/i-know-that-you-like-sheith-i-think-you
animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-02-12/anime-youd-love-to-see-remade/.98622
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Came across two interesting ones.
>everlilyemrysholmes221b.tumblr.com/post/159406889174
Alfor was the blue paladin,

>heero-yuy.tumblr.com/post/159535670775/i-know-that-you-like-sheith-i-think-you
Keith and Allura are possibly related.

I support the Alfor was the blue paladin theory since I've always suspected it, not to mention he and Allura were both shown to control the castle.

I don't support the Keith and Allura are related theory because this implies Keith's true form is being brown like Allura. Although Alfor's "my only child" line does make me suspicious. I can't make sense of the Keith and Allura theory by myself so let us chat away.

Shills aside, this worth a watch?
I like my action shows, how violent is this?

It has good action. The humor is kiddie humor, so there's not much to say about that. It's pretty violent for a kiddie cartoon, with a lot of implied on-screen kills actually.

One ongoing theory, gotta love the mice

I thought Alfor was the Yellow Paladin

That's what most think, because he's clothing is dominantly yellow, and because of Allura's description of the yellow lion in ep1. This is just an alternate theory. I don't agree with it though, I think Blue's pilot was Galra.

Please read the theory that I posted user

I was crossed between blue for Alfor because of his kind nature, and yellow because of his armor. Now I'm sure he's the blue since that was always my first thought and the capes that Alfor and Coran wore.

Hmm, that really activated my almonds.
I think you're onto something.

Always figured Alfor was red since Coran says he's following in Alfor's footsteps by wanting to pilot red. Plus Alfor being Zarkon's right hand man might make an interesting Shiro and Keith parallel later on in the show.

However, Coran might just have been talking about piloting a lion in general. Alfor wears alot of both yellow and blue in all his flashbacks, too.

To put in another theory, although it's more future speculation. I don't have the post on hand, but one person connected the baggy clothes the rebels are wearing with the baggy pants Lotor is seen wearing, and theorized Lotor might have been the one to free Matt. It'd open up the possibility that Lotor can hold Matt hostage to screw with Pidge's head.

I don't find it likely personally, at least not the first part.

>Heroes are goofy
>bad guys are serious as fuck and actually threatening
I like it.

Lotor and Keith are (half?) brothers is one i've heard, which is why Keith was hidden on earth along with altean tech. Both are half altean/galra, as Lotor clearly looks from behind, and explaining why alien Keith has "shapeshifted" into a more local human form.

Could this mean that Lotor had been purposely releasing Zarkon's prisoners? This sets up the story line that Lotor is actually good.

Maybe he was taking them for personal use, and those are not actually freedom fighters.

I want to do unwholesome things with Allura.

Like kill galran children.

Keith can't be related to Lotor since that would make Zarkon his baby daddy. Keith's parents are obviously galran and altean.

Keith and Allura can't be related since it would mean that Allura is part galra as well. Hmm.

Where do you think we are?

It'd be possible if he was the child of Zarkon and Allura's dead mommy. I don't think that's the case though. At least I don't want it to head that way.

This is nice, is there a digital version?

Nope. It came out in July 2016 and Josh is the only cast member to have scanned it and put it online for the fans.

No, it was taken and posted on Josh Keaton's twitter.

I want to let Hunk hold onto me while we watch scary movies.

I'm not good with scary movies either, but I'll put on a brave face for him.

It's no even a scan, he just took a picture of the framed poster he has on his wall.

This is the other thing he's got.

I just don't think Keith has any familial connection to Zarkon. If he did then Zarkon's focus would've been on Keith, his lost son instead of trying to get black away from Shiro.

I'm not sure what they're watching even. Lance seems excited, Pidge is overjoyed, Shiro is amused, Keith is on default, and Allura's having a good time. What is Hunk's problem?

Some people think the letter is his gift from the show after leaving.

We don't know how invested Zarkon is with his offspring. We haven't even seen him interact with Lotor yet. Keith could've also been a secret pregnancy or just assumed dead, and he's really 10017 years old. I don't even believe in this theory, I don't know why I'm defending it.

>I'm not sure what they're watching even.
The premiere of VLD

Keaton says they're watching Voltron

That middle Galra has only had 3 seconds of screentime and I already love him. Look at those ears!

Zarkon seems like he probably has hoards of children he doesn't care about unless they achieve something, leading to Lotor being an overachieving tryhard who ventures into weblums and fights in the gladiator arenas. I can see him fugging a baby into an altean or human like alien species and then not even remembering it. Genetic/quintessence experiments are probably thing Haggar's into, too.

Eh, I really don't want Shiro to die. And we don't know if the others got anything like that.

Nah, Shiro's way too popular a character. It just looks like a jokey "in character" letter, since Shiro tells Keith to lead voltron every time something goes even slightly wrong for him.

Are the klance fandom angrily trying to photoshop Shiro out of this poster yet?

Just go ask on twitter and tumblr.

None that I've seen. But the Sheith community is on fire, so I don't think it'll take long.

That's a cute picture.

And they still think Sheith is going to happen

how anally devastated are they gonna be when kallura and shirelle is endgame?

There's the Allura and Lotor are related theory too.

They'll make the Rukia/Ichigo fanbase look like sleepy kittens.

>unwholesome

It'll be enough for another HOAD. And I say that as a Sheithfag.

Why won't they leave canon alone and keep to fanfictions and fanart? I ship Sheith but what happens in canon, stays in canon. Keith sees Shiro as a family member, and Shiro sees Keith as someone who is destined for great things.

I'm not going to bust a nutt whenever they literally stand next to each other doing nothing.

My kind of Sheith is when Keith takes care of Shiro and convinces him to not sell his body out on the streets anymore.

A rebooted Denver the Last Dinosaur is in the same universe

I have a theory as well, buy mice merchandise if you can because they deserve it

Are you a first time watcher of V:LD? If so, welcome to our threads, but be wary of anti-kallura user

my nigga. people get way invested in wanting romance shit to be "official", especially in a show like VLD that gives the barest fuck possible about that stuff.

too much energy spent setting themselves up to get BTFO, rather than chilling out and enjoying cute and lewd fan content.

God, why is Hance so cute,

I never assumed Alfor was red because that would mean he was as brash as Keith and Lance.
In all of the flashbacks we've had of him he was very gentle.
Lotor was apart of the crew who saved matt, yes, but he's not either of the two in that screenshot.

Why don't you like this theory?
Lotor is half galra and altean going by the original Voltron. He's half in this one too because of the white hair and Zarkon being his father.

Here's a question: Does his altean half belong to Haggar, or Alfor?

>people get way invested in wanting romance shit to be "official"
Thanks a lot, Korra.

P U R E
U
R
E

I'm starting to like it too, despite canon being against it with Lance the womanizer and Hunk with a rock girlfriend.

But I just like that they're both touchy-feely but in different ways.

Always a pleasure mouse user.

Honestly, that show started off as romance focused by putting Korra and that guy together at the start. Right there, the fans were born and believed that by the end of the series, Korra and the guy would be husband and wife.

Theories + Hance thread? Variety, I like it.

>Why don't you like this theory?
Because it sets up a possible redemption. Unless he's kidnapping Matt.

>Mouse user
>Not calling him mice user as he deserves
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Vain skirt-chaser falling for the chubby hubby bro is pretty delicious. I love Shay but Hance is just cute, CUTE!

>+Hance
>Shippers

Shippers can never contain themselves in these threads. I don't know what happened to /c/ and /cm/'s Voltron threads but expect more ships to be posted.

something will always rise to fill the void without a drip-feed of regular content, and with a show that has the full spectrum of tasty guys, furfags, and the rare reverse trap, of course it's shipping

more Coran is appreciated though, as he is a gorgeous man

What happens if you take Hunk's headband off?

Why can't bros just be bros?

I think that's largely a lost cause. There isn't much else to do.

That said, I've been thinking: anyone who's done VR stuff, just HOW COOL would a VR Voltron/Lion cockpit sim be?

Anyone have cool Lion gifs/webms?

I don't want Lotor to get a redemption arc. It reminds me of their other show where the bad boy got a redemption arc and became one of the good guys.

They do not need to do that, but I won't throw a fit if it does happen. Particularly because this would mean that they're uninspired hacks.

Why does any ship ever exist, user?

They can and will stay just bros in canon.

Nothing wrong with having fun with fan shipping.

because I'm too horny for that, user

your move.

Have we already talked enough about why Zarkon and Alfor stopped being friends and became enemies? Or can we talk about it more?

if they absolutely have to do a redemption arc I wouldn't mind if it was a more minor character like one of his lieutenants or something, but yeah Lotor himself would be beyond weak.

Hunk is for bully.

Hance

It would be extremely painful.

Lance should stick a mouse inside Hunk's underwear.

Is this an edit?

All talk about any theories is encouraged, no matter how old since it keeps our brains fresh on what we don't know about this show.

Many people think Zarkon and Alfor had a falling out because of a woman. Could it be they dated the same woman and she ended up birthing Allura and Keith? This doesn't make sense.

I honestly don't know how they'll handle Lotor's endgame, but I can't see him being killed off.

That thumbnail made me think of the mall unilu.

>Haggar needs a new Robeast
>who fucked up lately?
>Bara does nothing around here
>we learn Bara's name when Throk drops to his knees and screams his name after Voltron slices the new robeast into pieces

We have nothing at all to go on so there's not too much more to discuss. I'm hoping Haggar's reveal will be a lead into more info about it in S3, probably via Allura freaking out and Coran dropping a backstory bomb

Cunilu is a wonderful ship

He's a big guy

I think if (when) Keith ends up straight/with Allura, the reaction wouldn't be as bad as if Keith ended up with another not-Shiro guy.

Why must you hurt me?

Because Hunk is a big, nurturing teddy bear and Lance needs that.

Shipping's half the fun for me. And Hance is at least a rare one.

At least one is legit, but I was only half-watching.

What do you guys think of this? Written before VLD came out

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-02-12/anime-youd-love-to-see-remade/.98622

Yeah, we all know that Netflix is bringing Voltron back yet again. But while previous Voltron iterations have had their moments, they've always felt like they were missing something, at least to me. I think that a fundamental part of the magic that made the original classic work so well lies in acquiring and bowdlerizing an original Japanese TV series. So rather than a Voltron remake, what I'd like to see is a remake of Golion. Here's how I see things:

High above planet Altera, an old colonial world inhabited by humans, a long-distance colony ship arrives in orbit, filled with refugees fleeing an Earth rendered uninhabitable by a long, pitiless nuclear war. Expecting to be greeted warmly by their long-lost brethren, the Terrans are shocked with the Alteran military regards them as aliens and takes them all prisoner. The ship's leader, a bombastic politician named Takeshi Shiro, is abruptly executed for threatening Altera's fleet commander, and so the ship's young captain Akira Kogane becomes the de facto leader, with his four-man crew of pilots and engineers as his advisors.

They learn that, while the planet appears to be governed by the Alteran royal family, a military junta actually rules Altera-- one that launches their forces to meet the invading Galra Empire at the end of episode 1. In the confusion, Akira meets Prince Raido and Princess Fala, who offer him a trump card-- five robot lions, ancient alien artifacts that are beyond the understanding of Alteran military scientists. It turns out that their father, the long-deceased king, had worked out how to activate the robots—a secret he left with his kids. Kogane's team is left with both a powerful weapon to repel the Galrans and a means to protect their fellow Terrans from the suspicious Alteran military leadership.

The two main guys he could (in theory) end up with are Hunk and Lance. I don't know about Heith, but Sheithfags wouldn't be the only ones ticked off by Klance happening.

Man, I feel like I'm writing fanfic! Anyway, the first successful sorties of the mysterious lion robots prompt an escalation of force from the Galran emperor, who's facing a crisis of his own-- his planet is out of resources, and he's being pressured by his own son to de-escalate and treat with the Alterans. When a towering, beastly Galran weapon arrives and lays waste to the capital, Kogane makes a key discovery-- the five robots combine into a gestalt of their own! But this towering humanoid robot, Golion, is sentient, and every time they combine and use it, it becomes harder and harder to control. As political pressures mount, the Golion team are forced to put down an armed conflict between the Alteran junta and their own fellow Terrans, and eventually Golion itself, maddened by millennia of isolation and infuriated by pilots that it regards as cruel puppet masters, breaks Free! and lays waste to the Alteran fleet in a direct visual homage to the God Warrior scene from Nausicaä.

See, it's not enough to just redesign the lion-bots and update the characters a bit-- you gotta put some meat on the bones of the story, and I think Shou Aikawa could provide plot and character work that would make this brave new Golion both fiercely politically intelligent and accessible to a broad audience. Mecha designs would be boldly updated by Masami Obari, who'd bring in his muscular, over-the-top aesthetic to great effect. The director would have to be Yasuhiro Imagawa, who'd handle the series with his typical galloping cadence and fine cinematic sensibilities, while still preserving beloved old elements like the monster/adversary of the week formula. Naturally, almost every episode of the initial 26-episode series would have to end with either a crucial revelation or a hair-raising cliffhanger.