How is Connie from Steven Universe not a rip-off of Connie from King of The Hill?

>Asian
>strict parents
>named Connie
>bookish nerd
>falls for a fat, goofy kid
>dark-skinned, dark-haired

SU Connie is likeable though.

When did SU Connie become an Asian? She was Indian.

pretty sure india is in asia

KOTH Connie is a character.
SU connie is a trophy they gave him to pretend fat dumb retards can get girls.

That'd imply she does nothing but suck his dick but she actually does stuff independent of Steven.

the artists for KOTH actually understand human anatomy, unlike SU artists

It's almost as if they stylize their characters or something!

Hey everyone, the anatomy of Dexter's Lab sucks. Goback2art skool Gennedy you hack!

>this thread again

And don't even get me started on AT anatomy. Arms aren't supposed to bend/stretch like that!

It's not a "ripoff". both shows are just following the fat-dumb-dad / thin-smart-wife family sitcom trope.

Yeah? These people (Melanesians) are Asian too, in fact, they're closer to East Asians than any other race, especially Sub-Saharan Africans. Whenever Americans talk about Asians, they aren't talking about these guys, Indians, Arabs, Russians, or Israelis.

Are you British?

it is, even though they are from the continent of Asia, Indians haven't been a large part of world politics in recent history and they look vastly different than viets koreans nips and chinese so they get labeled separately whenever Americans talk about them.

Cause her name is actually not "Connie"
It's "Kahn Jr."

>stylize
a 50% reduction in mass of the lead character over 3 seasons is not stylization

KOTH probably actually took time to draw each frame out but SU... I could probably draw the SU frames at the same pace as their artists

It's more of a trope than a ripoff.
I KOTH wasn't the first to do it, either.

Don't they both play violin?

>a 50% reduction in mass of the lead character over 3 seasons is not stylization
Steven's healing spit healed her non-chibiness. Do you even watch the show?

All of steven universe is just a king of the hill fan fiction
>garnet equals boomhoower
>amethyst is bill
>pearl is dale

Steven and Bobby share some archetypes but the shows narrative and their own individual traits make them very different takes on similar concepts.

The Connies, though neither has as much screen time as the boys, are in the same category.

KotH Connie isn't as into fantasy novels/fiction nor does she have the lonely outlook of someone who moves around alot because of their dad's job. SU Connie doesn't play a musical instrument, TMK, and actually developed as a person to the point where she ultimately stood up to her mom and *talked with her about her problems*. KotH Connie is sadly complacent with the plans her parents have set out for her. She also has an exuberant nature; even though Jasper and the incident in school gave her some PTSD moments, she's pretty adaptable and super into the crazy ass world centered around Steven.

that probably explains why Steven himself needs a fucking stool to reach the counter that he was making together breakfast over with no issues in one of the first few episodes

>SU Connie doesn't play a musical instrument
she plays violin and has attacked seagulls with the bow before.

I remember when Connie was cute

well damn

Wouldn't Pearl be Hank with Steven as Dale?

>Dale
the closest to dale is Ronaldo and he's as hateable as dale is great

that might have passed a season or so ago but your cartoon is inconsistent shit guy

Huh. I just remember her playing tennis.

Still Point stands. SU Connie is/was primarily a shy studious girl with an adventurous side that she is gradually letting out. KotH Connie is more down to earth and studious to greater degrees.

Probably. In Europe the term "Asian" probably makes people think of middle easterners rather than people farther to the east.

>Two characters cant be similar without being rip offs

user, fuck off.

wait, I thought KotH Connie had a crush on Redcorn's son

I want Connie to fall for some other guy now, just to add to Steven's torment.

I dunno and take this with a grain of salt but ive heard that they arent as close to asians as you would think. They came from an earlier migration, same with the aulstralian abos than the Polynesians who came after them.

>yeah Galo sengan

>dark skinned
Fuck off, King of the Hill's is the president's skin color at best.

>Whenever Americans talk about Asians...
why the fuck should I give a shit about this? Asia is fucking Asia

Yeah sure but most English speakers mean East Asians when they say Asian not just anyone from the entire massive continent

But Pig is the less intelligent of the two.

this post made me find this on google

thank you

Laotians are dicks 99.8% of the time.
Curries are generally pushovers but dicks when they have power.

Which is why it's more correct to say "East Asians" to differentiate them from sand people, rats, slavs and curries.

holy shit this is like half spot on, I wouldn't have thought this concept worked as half-well as this does.

>implying the critic doesn't predates both shows

Her name is Khannie you dumb rednecks.

Well, cultutally, economically and politically, you can divide that into North East Asia and South East Asia.
The North being China, Japan, Korea. The South being mostly ASEAN.
The ethnic situation is a bit more complex and China alone has a number of ethnic minorities while shedding Han people across the entire region.

Oh, I'm not doubting that in the least.

My point is that saying East Asians is less pinpointing race and more of a easier way to exclude a wide range of the unintended ones in context.

At least koth Connie had concequnces for her actions

Snapping a kids arm but lol it's okay no consequences

I dunno man, Maheswaran sounds more African than anything else, but you're right about the other stuff.

Most of those are just Asian stereotypes and there are dozens of characters who can fit at least 4/5 of them (obviously ignoring the incorrect name thing).

>fat dumb retards can get girls.
they do.

>le ebin oppressed ethnic woman being saved by le brave white man
This has been done for centuries now
Look up orientalism