I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FnDyuNBakV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>johns
>good

good joke sempai

Sinestro Corps War was hype as shit

The final cherry on top of Annihilation is when Rider gets back to Earth and gets pissed Earth had been infighting rather than preparing for the wave.

Golden dialogue.

people really like pushing the "le Johns is bad meme"

Kylefags or Wallyfags?

technically not an event

Johns did nothing wrong to Wally, he brought him back twice now.

Regardless, Wallyfags are not very smart and they hate him.

>Kylefags or Wallyfags?
Neither. He's just a shit writer.

There are literally zero event comics that aren't shit or wouldn't have been better off as a contained mini-series.

Stand Off.

So Barryfag or Halfag?

im kyllefag

>event comics
>that don't suck

they don't exist.

>Didn't like Escape from Bizarro World
LOOK AT HIM
LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH

And it went to show: Dealing with everyday Cosmic problems is WAY better than dealing with Terran bullshit.

Blackest Night + GL tie-ins + GLC tie-ins = GOAT event
Just reread them last week, the wildest and funnest ride ever (with awesome art)

For the full experience read also: the Tales of the Corps, Adventure Comics, Blackest Night: Flash, The Atom & Hawkman tie-ins
Not essential, but good tie-ins: Rebels, Booster Gold, Outsiders, Blackest Night: Wonder Woman, Secret Six, Phantom Stranger

It wasn't that good. Also it was co-written by Richard Donner.

Axis: Hobgoblin.

The one and only

Only the original. Any revisits sucked hard

I still miss him and Carnage-man.

Not even joking. I greatly enjoyed The Hypercrisis for what it tried to do.

Why has no-one posted the OG yet?

Crisis will always have a very, very special place in my heart.

Did anyone else find that recentish GL comic where the Universe is running out of Universe juice annoying as fuck?

>white lantern corps
>everyone has white skin

how was this allowed?

Do you mean Lights Out with the emotional reservoir? That was a retarded idea
I liked Relic's design, tho

Spider-Island.
That crossover between DD, The Punisher and Spider-man from 5 years ago (the one with Fem Punisher)
Forever Evil.

It had so many jaw-dropping moments

This is the best of the DC events, imo. The crossovers are mostly very, very good as well.

Sinestro was the first white lantern and he's pink

>?
>Not-Supes
>?
>Not Wondy
>Not Bats
>Not Flash (?)
>Not Aquaman

it's ok if you never read DC one million, bro.
read it, it's a good story.

Not really an event, just a sort of unconventional crossover.

>tfw almost all the X-Men crossovers have been alright to fukken incredible except the first and most recent.
wew

It might not be perfect but its not bad.

also, i can't remember who the first ? is, but the ? guy between not-supes and not-wondy, is not-starman, if i remember correctly.

i liked forever evil, and i loved rogues' rebellion.

Yeah I loved both. They are a ton of fun and almost every character gets a standout moment

Has there ever been a rouge's tie-in that hasn't been excellent? Serious question.

>Let me backtrack by both saying it isn't good and finding excuse as to why it is good

Conquest is just as good, really.

Because only white people die.
DC confirms that black don't crack CAUSE THEY'RE IMMORTAL.

It's the start of the modern age.
It's such a given that is excluded cause it always is included

Black Adam's rivalry with Ultraman was great.

>that fucking last page.

Knightfall.

KnightQuest and KnightsEnd can go run through a corn field backwards.

I feel like I loved it more cause I had grown to love all the villains fighting Crime Syndicate beforehand in other stories.
And since most of them were stories that were written by Johns, I'm not curious if he had orchestrated all this cause he wanted to make up some miracle story where all his favorite villains team up to save the day.

>Comic Events that dont suck.
>Only DC so far.
Really makes you think

I need to get refamiliar with Knightfall.
Does it end with Azbat beating Bane? Or does it end with Bruce taking back his name.by taking down Azbat?

That's the Justice Leage Alpha from the 853rd century you pleb.

c'mon, dude. don't bring that to the table, we're all having a good time.

Well good Marvel events simply reads "Insert entire Marvel Cosmic reading list here" that practically goes from Infinity Guantlet all the way to Thanos Imperative.

Marvel only has like 2 good events ever. Infinity Gauntlet and Annihilation.

knightfall ends with azbat kicking bane's ass.
it's a shame how writers forget that bane was the guy that put batman in his own chessboard, and checkmate the shit out of him.

It's been a while but Knightfall ends with Bruce broken and bringing Azrael on as Batman with the promise to never fight Bane--which he does and gets his ass kicked.

KnightQuest starts on AzBat beating Bane out. Bruce and Alfred go on wacky adventures to find and save Tim Drake and his dad. Somewhere in there Bruce has Tim go keep track of AzBat.

KnightsEnd has Bruce doing the Shiva trials to prove he can crawl into smaller spaces than AzBat can.

i'm not a huge fan of spider island, but really liked some of the tie-ins, like deadly hands of kung fu, and venom.
even the 4 pages story featuring punisher was good.

>KnightsEnd has Bruce doing the Shiva trials to prove he can crawl into smaller spaces than AzBat can.
you just made my day, user.
i love you

yeah that was a terrible idea

even Venditti started ignoring it

It was that moment when I learned at a young age that comics can sometimes end on the stupidest reasons.

And years later that Denny O'Neil fucking hated Azrael and Quesada.

Thanos Imperative was cool.

When I say Annihilation I mean all of the Giffen/DnA stuff. From Annihilation through Thanos Imperative.

Both. 90s legacy character fans are the worst.

GLv3 was shit and everything Johns has done is better.

It was drawn by Eric Powell, too. Geoff was like the understudy there.

Standoff was ok.

what about Axis?

For your edification
youtube.com/watch?v=FnDyuNBakV8

Rereading BN, and I'm kinda finding myself liking the Corps tiein better than the main event by Johns. Guy going red, Mogo purging OA, headshoting the Anti-Monitor, lots of crazy fun moments.

>Hur this fandom sucks

I take it you pester them a ton, user?

He's right though. It wasn't anything special and even if it was Johns only co-wrote it.

>only DC events mentioned
>none of them are even that good
Now that really gets the snicker doodleing.

The criteria was "DON'T suck" not "good"

Then you're a retard who needs to learn what words mean because including several comics that are more than double the length if Annihilation when you say "Annihilation" makes less than no sense.

Just finished rereading this.

It's pretty epic and awesome.

>ctrl-f infinity
>no results

what the fuck?

Like half of New Krypton

you are not the only one, user
I've generally liked what Tomasi was doing during that time (Ringquest, Sins of the Star Sapphire, Emerald Eclipse) even more than the main title

Never forget Carnage-Man

I can guarantee you that anything post-Brightest Day was complete shit compared to the first 2 runs of v3, and probably on par with Raabs shit. Johns had a very great start, but with most of his projects he couldn't end it.