FUCK YOU RIAN JOHNSON

The worst Star Wars movie ever fucking made. The worst storyline of the year. Holy fuck am I pissed.

>Yoda laughs as he destroyed ancient Jedi knowledge and says "Who Cares"
>>Rey gets no training as gets stronger with the force despite her not being a Skywalker or Palpatine. Her parents are nobody alcoholics
>Snoke is... no one. Just some bad guy who we know nothing about
>One of the worst 3rd acts ever
>Finn vs Phasma was so fucking short that they kill her off
>WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO SNOKE AND WHO THE FUCK IS HE!??

DO NOT GO AND SEE THIS DO NOT SAVE YOUR MONEY

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/8x9t9
no-you.com/jp/src/1513193666222.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=aMnsdb1YiKA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is Domhil gleeson not in any of these fucking posters?

streamable.com/8x9t9

PAGE TURNERS, THEY WERE NOT

When are you dumb niggers going to realize that back then no one knew who the fuck the Emperor was either, and no one cared what stupid backstory he had just that he was the mastermind. Imagine if back then all the fuckface manlets angrily wrote to their faggot fan newsletters screaming about how "MUH EMPEROR WUZ KIL BY VADUR?? WTF!!11!! WAT WUZ DA POINT DEN???" This board I fuckin swear

Just it bro. I too cannot fathom how beyond upset I am that Snoke was given no fucking backstory whatsoever.

>Leia flying in space
>Rey is literally a nobody, her parents were just random assholes who sold her for drug money or some stupid shit
>Killing off Admiral Ackbar like it was nothing
>WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO 3PO'S RED ARM???????

Fuck this movie user.

>dude who reads lmao?

Hitler burns books, everyone loses ther minds.
Yoda burns books, epic simply epic cx

It was the climax of a trilogy you mong, not a pointless throwaway in the second movie.

Are you retarded or just a shill?

IT WAS SNOKE, FORCE PROJECTING TO LOOK LIKE YODA, YOU'LL SEE IN THE NEXT ONE11!!!1!

Rian Johnson is a hack

TLJ is unironically one of, if not the very best Star Wars movie.
There are two major themes running through it: letting go of the past and defying expectations. Letting go of the past, as in saying goodbye to the old favorites, and making the new characters take center stage. Honest to god, I didn't care about Rey, Finn or Poe after TFA, but I loved them by the end of this.
And defying expectations, as in putting twists and turns in the story. I can't say that you won't see the plot twists coming, but those are a lot better than in an average blockbuster. I wonder if Abrams is salty that Johnson shaped his ideas so much?
I wouldn't call TLJ a deconstruction, though it comes close. Felt very much like Kotor 2, interpreting the mythos in a different way (Luke has shades of Kreia). The humor was also great, measured gracefully and in the adequate places, Marvel could learn a LOT from this one.
The acting is superb, Del Toro, Dern and Tran all brought something to the table.
And there is a silent space battle scene towards the end which left the audience breathless. I could literally hear jaws hitting the floor.
'Superleia' was a bit cringy I guess, but I didn't hate it like some of you. Always liked it even in the EU when she was shown as force sensitive.

this mechatronic Yoda looks incredibly jarring, they would be better off just making CGI of him

The Emperor didnt just die though, he died along with Darth Vader, the Death Star, and most of Imperial Command, we cared to see him die because it wasnt just him that died, it was a huge blow to the Empire

And we wanted to hate the Empire because we knew our main characters were abused and hunted by it

However in TFA we have a rogue stormtrooper who leaves the FO because "its the right thing to do", and a mary sue who shouldnt have any problems with the Empire at all. We barely know shit about the FO's intentions other than, "they are the new empire lol", we dont know shit about the resistance either, so no, this shit about not knowing who snoke is is minimal, we dont even know who the FO is, we dont even know what the Resistance is, or the Republic is, we not only dont know shit about any of these, but we also dont know WHY we should hate the FO and why we should support the Resistance. Besides the scenes of Kylo killing off that village to get information, you can barely see who the bad guys are, and now the lines are even further blurred now that kylo is going to fuck ray and they are going to be a tag team, this shit is a confusing empty mess that comes from jj's stupid design of "mystery boxes" fuck him fuck jews and bring back hitler so he can kill all of them and save star wars

Why weren't the movies given to George's mate Steve Jewberg?

well I agree that its the worst star wars movie of all time, but yoda didnt burn the books, he just allowed luke to think so, because luke needed to let go of the past and go help his friends, which is honestly. the only good part of the plot

He honestly seems like he despise this movie. I never cared for him but I saw one video where he said something about how a fan told him what Hux's first name was and bunch of backstory from then ovels, when the people making the movie never even bothered. They truly give no fucks.

He's been reduced to a gag character, even worse then Finn. Will probably get the Phasma treatment next movie.

>but we also dont know WHY we should hate the FO
dude nazis lmao

He was too busy molesting children.

*is a hologram*
nothing personnel, kid

There is a difference between not explaining something in a new setting and inserting new characters into a well-developed universe.

dude General Hugs lmao

Lol okay bro

It's not a good part of the plot because the Luke from the OT would never have gotten to that point. He would have the integrity to not seriously consider murdering a child, and even if Ben did turn evil, he would try to fix his mistake.

Why should he? Hux is just another generic le crazy Moff that we have already seen numerous times. And he had so much potential, they could have made him a cool backstory with Kylo, but instead we get another rehash of the OT.

Nobody ever liked ROTJ what the fuck is your point?

You can infer what the Emperor was from the original trilogy. He's a bad dude that usurped the old republic. It doesn't really need to any explanation because this is the first we're hearing about any of this republic business. Snoke is a super powerful dark side user who came out of nowhere and took over from the Emperor, and the established universe shows Sheev wasn't big on having people like him kicking about so where'd he come from and how'd he managed to become supreme leader?

what

no
no

I mean.... no... please let this be some kind of a fan made story

You are telling me that Luke who tried till the very end to redeem his father would go murder his nephew and his best friend's son in cold blood?

They want yes-men. Spurgburg wouldn’t go along with just Soule salt remaking the OT.

the movies started out like a fucking comedy of errors! yes still holding. WTF? ripped of ROJ during Snope scene. Poe the mutineer. Its a bullshit movie and i care even less now. was laughing all the way through.

>DO NOT GO AND SEE THIS
>DO NOT SAVE YOUR MONEY
YOU'RE GIVING ME MIX SIGNALS Sup Forums. TELL ME HOW TO THINK GOD DAMNIT!

YEAH!!!! Leia lying in space!!! she should have blown up like arnold on Mars in total recall!

>>Yoda laughs as he destroyed ancient Jedi knowledge and says "Who Cares"

This is what fans told Disney they wanted for 15 muhfuggn years after the PT. Every time they complained about midichlorians or the idea of quantifiable force power, they drove home the 'le magical force is open to anyone' idea.

LOL i guess you learned that Chinks lesson:

>You don't fight what you hate. You save what you love.

Sure they did, it's the weakest of the OT but at least it felt like Star Wars. Every scene with the Emperor at least is as good as anything else in the originals.

Pretty much .Also he can infer from his dialogue with Vader that they were buddies and both of them overthrew the Republic. He also died like the big villain, showing his power in the end before dying, contrast to Snoke who went out like a complete bitch way before the ending of the series. He couldn't even read Kylo's mind correctly. He had 5 min of total screentime and most of that five min was spend sitting in a chair and talking. And it's not like it was that hard to make up a backstory for him. They could have made him Plagueis who came out of hiding after Sheev was killed. Do a throwaway line, imply it. It would have made a lot of sense how this supposedly "powerful" force user appeared out of nowhere.

But instead we got some old man who force molested Kylo as a child and then died. How can people even compare him to the Emperor is beyond me.

>tfw my honest opinion becomes a new pasta

DO NAHT GO AND SEE THIS. DO NAAHT! SAVE YOUR MONEY.

It's almost like... He learned a lesson and... His character progressed...

good point. Luke was not in character in this film. This was not the Luke we were looking for.

>They could have made him Plagueis who came out of hiding after Sheev was killed. Do a throwaway line, imply it

didn't they imply this by using the Plagueis theme when he first appeared?

i saw it today in 3d and got a free popcorn and soda.

>If you kill your enemies, they win

Remember Rian Johnson's movies references for TLJ
>Twelve O’Clock High
>Three Outlaw Samurai
>And To Catch A Thief
Fucking kek. I thought it's going to be great. What a hack.

the emperor died at the very end you dumb nigger, he was the ultimate evil to be destroyed. i dont fucking care who he is all i need to know is this guy is the biggest baddest dude in the galaxy and if he dies the rebels win.

however, lets also take a look at what we know from him through the fucking films

>the Chad Palpatine
>the imperials fear him, when vader says the emperor is coming to the DS2 the admirals eyes get huge and says he'll double his effort immediately
>vader bows to him and shows him utmost respect when speaking, vader doesnt respect anyone else that way, even though palpatine calls him friend you can see vader is the submissive in that relationship and so we know right there this dude is not to be fucked with
>his massive hologram implies dominance over everyone not just vader
>he tells luke that everything has transpired according to his design, hes let the rebels win little battles so he can crush them at the DS2. this implies an almost omnipotent intelligence and shows hes a cunning opponent
>hes flanked by silent regal red guards who never speak or move, he also tells them to leave when luke gets there showing that he doesnt need protection, even as a slim old man
>he lets luke attack him and starts laughing when vader immediately goes to defend him, showing that he has absolute control over vader even when dealing with the guys son
>he throws out fucking lightning, a power never seen before and starts frying luke to death. yoda never showed power like this, and took great effort to move the xwing out of the lake. this guy shoots death from his finger tips like its no big deal, which implies that the dark side IS stronger and yoda was bullshitting
>only loses because vader finally makes the choice to be good, someone he thought he was in control of the entire time

just switch your brain off bro lmoa

Yeah, his theme is in that scene when Sidious tells Anakin about Plagueis, but I guess now that is thrown out of the window. I'm beginning to think that Jew Jew Abrams and Rian Soyboy had a completely different vision for where these movies should go. None of what happens in The Last Jedi™ makes a lick of sense.

>He learned a lesson
What lesson? That his father finally redeemed himself, that even a man who committed countless atrocities could be given redemption at the end? Yeah. I guess he learn that lesson that is why he went to kill this innocent kid who literally dindu nuffin at that point.

The Luke we all know would have done everything to save Kylo. Just like he tried everything he could to save Jacen, only went Jacen killed Mara, did he admit that he was beyond hope and even then Jacen still redeems himself before his death.

The emperor didn't fucking need a backstory. He was the emperor. We clearly understood his motives and character. Who he more or less was was easy to infer and didn't need more than that to work.

Snoke was set up to be a mystery. You were supposed to wonder who he and the Knights of Ren were, and how Ben got turned to the dark side. And this was done on an established franchise where there were supposed no more adept force users save for who we knew.

And what do we get? Snoke has no backstory and dies stupidly despite being set up to be a major player. Ben was turned by Luke being out of character and doing something bad to him ONCE. And Rey, who's stupidly powerful, has no relation to ANYTHING.

I heard he ghost directed some stuff for RotS.

now lets compare

>the virgin snoke
>his apprentice is wild and unstable, not fully under his heel
>this apprentice murders him like a bitch, not for good but to take the throne. showing hes incompetent as a rulr
>the first order doesnt fear him, they have some weird indoctrination going on like north korea where they just parrot the supreme leader is wise
>over compensates for his weakness with a massive star destroyer even bigger than vader executor
>made a death star 20 times the size of the first and loses it immediately after its completed, not learning a thing from palpatine
>needs his red guards by his side all the time, also showing his weakness. dudes a little bitch for needing SEVEN protecting hm at all time when palpatine only used 2 and told them to fuck off when a potential threat was right in front of him
>gloats needlessly about his accomplishments and how powerful he is, once again showing insecurity since he hasnt done shit in the movies other than turn ONE edgelord kid
>desperately wants to find Luke to kill him, showing hes afraid of the jedi. unlike palpatine who played those faggots like a damn fiddle

>or his weakness with a massive star destroyer even bigger than vader executor
>made a death star 20 times the size of the first and loses it immediately after its completed, not learning a thing from palpatine
Man, that guy must have been super rich. Even the Sith Empire at its peak had trouble building the Death Star.

The Emperor didn't have much a backstory at the time, but he was built up for 6, and by the time 6 rolled around, he was such an asshole. Bits like that smug moment where he goes "Oh yeah, fuck the rebels, the Death Star is actually operational" and has them killed off, making Luke fight his dad for his amusement, torturing Luke, he does stuff.

What the fuck does Snoke do?

>We barely know shit about the FO's intentions other than, "they are the new empire lol", we dont know shit about the resistance either, so no, this shit about not knowing who snoke is is minimal, we dont even know who the FO is, we dont even know what the Resistance is, or the Republic is, we not only dont know shit about any of these, but we also dont know WHY we should hate the FO and why we should support the Resistance.

I think this has been my biggest issue with the new trilogy. I remember in the run-up to VII, hearing about the First Order and thinking "oh the Empire's back? wonder how they'll explain that" and then... they didn't. Not in the movie, anyway. Are we really supposed to believe that some rogue remnant of the Empire managed to evade the Republic and build up its numbers for what, 30 years? How did the Republic not notice them building a giant superweapon that harnesses the power of a star? Why is the group trying to stop them so small, instead of having the full force of the newly-established Republic behind it? Why are they called the "Resistance" when they are part of the Republic itself? I'm sure there's a way for this all to make sense but there's so many gaps in the plot that it just doesn't.

Did anyone else notice that the events of the film apparently take place in ~18 hours? The main Rebel ship only had that much fuel left

Which is what JJ said he wanted to stress.

Oh, and the worst part? None of that was necessary. Snoke wasn't necessary, they could have just used the Knights of Ren as antagonists on their own. Rey didn't need to be some nobody. Kylo Ren didn't need to be traumatized by Luke because he ALREADY had a thing going on with Vader.

The story could have been about how Kylo and the other Knights were obsessed with history and the empire, and then the "let go of the past" message would have made some sense.

BUT NO

does yoda burning the books like a green signal that its okay to burn books now

>shills are THIS buttdestroyed about the new Star Wars flick being a piece of shit
lmao

Correct, that is.

>expecting anything less from the director of the 'Fly' episode in Breaking Bad.

I liked it

>The acting is superb
no-you.com/jp/src/1513193666222.webm
OH NONONO

It was better than 7. The writing was less sleep inducing, any scene with spaceships were great (maybe not the first one), lukes death was pretty okay. I like what they're doing with Kylo Ren too. The costumes/creatures looked cool and were well done for the most part. But then..
>most of the dialogue is awkward and turns the movie into a parody of itself.
>any scene this dumb cunt Rei is in is incredibly bad because she can't act her way out of a brothel and her character is shit
>jarring shot/reverse shot fiesta for most dialogues
>super Leia
>ghost yoda smites shit from the underworld or something
>forced romance between chink girl and Finn
>music is used like shit
>everything goes a little too fast

>I remember in the run-up to VII, hearing about the First Order and thinking "oh the Empire's back? wonder how they'll explain that" and then... they didn't. Not in the movie, anyway.
Be sure to buy all the novelizations and comics and video games that explain this stuff! Not referenced in the movies at all!

FA just had a lot of moments like that. I feel like the bit that really got me was how it's established Stormtroopers are essentially brainwashed, most likely through propaganda stuff, yet the captain of the Stormtroopers won't even put up a fight in taking a single laser blast from one lowly ex-underling, and instead caused destruction to the entire base, and their entire loss, because she wasn't devoted enough to the cause. Like little bits like that seemed baffling.

This is fucking awful. Just all around, top to bottom garbage. The music is terrible, the acting is The Room tier, the dialogue sounds like written by 15 year old MTG obsessed edgelords and the choreography is possibly the worst of it all. The hologram twist oh my fucking god. And it's not just the Matrix, the whole thing has Snyder visuals all over it.
[YouTube] Man Of Steel: First Flight Scene (embed)
Look at the background, look at the light, look at the camera angles, the composition. It's literally the fucking same. It's not just that the scene fails at the most basic stuff, it's that it copies most of it from another movie that also fails at basic stuff. This is not just B-movie tier bad filmmaking, it's also unoriginal and derivative in ALL of the aspects you can analyze. These movies aren't meant to be art, but they aren't meant to be insults either.

>streamable.com/8x9t9
Wait, why the fuck that tree exploded? Did Skywalker kept something flammable inside of the old tree with sacred texts? What?

Why did leia ignore chewie and give a loving hug to Rey at the end of TFA when they've never met and Rey is a random? Th body language and eyes made it seem like Leia found Luke's long lost daughter or something. But now she just straight up ignored chewie after han's death to go give a motherly hug to someone she never met.

is this lines from the next nerd crew vodcast?

Disney shills

>That Rey face
>What was I doing here ? oh yeah the rocks
>oh my friend are here too haha

Fifty-One and Ozymandias were great episodes though. Looper and Brick were pretty decent. Brothers Bloom was terrible and I agree with OP about TLJ.

Rey was obviously meant to be Luke's daughter but they trashed that for reasons unknown

Rey Mary Sue shit

Nah, it's the best one mate

>The Luke we all know would have done everything to save Kylo. Just like he tried everything he could to save Jacen, only went Jacen killed Mara, did he admit that he was beyond hope and even then Jacen still redeems himself before his death.

So, Luke's character in the new movie is wrong because it doesn't jive with how he was depicted in your glorified fanfiction dealing with characters that, as far as the movies are concerned, do not exist. Gotcha.

It's not our Luke ffs

I'll see it for Mark Hamil and to be able to bitch about it.

Because everyone I know will give me the BUT YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT treatment

Nice analysis

Luke's character doesn't even live up to the Luke we know from 4 to 6. Eat shit moron. This was the same guy that ran a suicide mission to cloud city to save his friends. Now you are telling me, he is going to kill off his best friend son in cold blood and his own nephew?

Nah fuck off retard. My point was that the writers of the "glorified" fanfiction knew Luke's character better than the writers of these "official" movies.

OT Luke tried everything to save Vader and had much more reason to want Vader dead than he does Kylo. He also had Yoda and Obi-Wan's ghost telling him to kill Vader and still didn't do it.

Fucking Disney, they hold so many franchises and they fuck everything up

How did Brienne of Trash get out of the compactor?

So is Luke dead?

WHERE'S THE FUCKING CAM?/?? I WANNA SEE THIS PIECE OF SHIT BUT I WONT PAY FOR IT

youtube.com/watch?v=aMnsdb1YiKA

>he thinks disney wars will explain anything we might actually be interested in/is important

So it isn't explained? That's just lazy.

Good riddance.

You have no idea how much of 7&8 you just described.

It made sense that he was the emperor. He was some all-powerful guy who ruled a galaxy. He wasn't killed off at the end of V, rather, we were slowly fed information about him.

I am sort of surprised how instantly hated TLJ is. I thought there would be a honey moon period before people really think about the movie and see all the flaws it had.

Did TFA had this instant negative reaction?

What happens to kylo in the end? I don't feel like watching the movie but I want to know what happens to my boy kylo

It was really brave for Rian to make a movie like this. It's different from "how a SW movie is", and imo it's great. It is a movie about failure, failure to stop the first order, failure to fight them, failure at the plan to "hack" them, failure to hiding in a new base... Yes, the plan of the casino was for nothing, and that's the thing, it doesn't have to always go well.

He becomes supreme leader of the first order and falls in love with his force soulmate Rey.

>Did TFA had this instant negative reaction?
yes, newfag redditor

The emperor was just a character development tool for Darth Vader. If DV was the ultimate evil guy, it would have made no sense for him to become morally grey by the end of the trilogy. By having another cuck filling that role, DV can be redeemed by breaking free of his influence and dying heroically.

Snoke is just a piece of shit put there for no reason, killed off for no reason and his relationship with Kylo makes no sense at all. These movies is so shit it's just embarrassing to talk about them, I think the last good movie Disney made was Wall-E and that was a solid 7 at best. Shit franchise made by a shit studio shilled by shit colored people

No, TFA had more nostalgia factor because there was a longer break between movies and because Han basically acted like Han (unlike Luke in this turd). There was some bashing pretty quickly after but not as negative as this.

Mexianon here
Just saw it
It was visually beautiful
>Great opening scene
>Daisy wasn't THAT bad this time
>Kylo remains as the most interesting character in the ST
>Benicio was pretty great
>The kamikaze attack by Holding was AMAZING
>And the OsT had some good moments, but not great
BUT
>They assassinated Luke's character an the OT as a whole
>They cheapened the Force SO MUCH
>Rey keeps being OP as fuck JUST BECAUSE LMAO and now even Yoda loves her
>The First Order is so fucking incompetent in this movie, holy shit. How the fuck are they winning this war, again?
>Porgs were just there to sell toys, so as the barn kids who at the final scene were literally playing with a Luke Skywalker toy. BUY OUR TOYS GOY
>Marvel tier quips, although some of them landed desu
>Finn got sidelined HARD. The casino subplot was pointless
>Snoke gets stupidly and anticlimactically killed just for da obligatory TWEEEST
>They took a lot of elements from ESB and ROTJ BUT TOTALLY DIFFERENT BRO
>It's salt, not snow SO THIS PLANET IS TOTALLY NOT HOTH LMAO wink wink
>Phasma dies like a bitch
>No one explains anything to Poe so he keeps fucking up throughout the entire movie and even gets people killed with his plan
And above anyhing else I didn't like
Nothing can compare to FUCKING LEIA PULLING A GODDAMN SUPERMAN STUNT IN THE MIDDLE OF SPACE
WHO FUCKING APPROVED THIS SCENE?