Am I the only one that feels like the MMPR comics are blowing their loads too soon?

am I the only one that feels like the MMPR comics are blowing their loads too soon?

>13 issues in (2 which aren't important)
>Total destruction of the zords
>Ultimate curbstomb by donut steel villain
>War
>Rita takes control of all the megazords
>Everybody has green ranger power
>EVIL TOMMY!

The comic sucks. It feels like it's entirely written by someone who wiki'd the show, then learned that Tommy is popular.

>The Green Ranger pose is just COME AT ME BRO

Anyway, there are always more zords and powers.

Are the Thunderzords possibly coming?

And yet it's infinitely better than the series ever was, which of course wasn't hard at all.

Power Rangers has nearly 25 years worth of lore to draw upon. Even restricting it to just Mighty Morphin, it sounds like they're still only retreading season 1 territory, so there's still plenty they can do.

Doesn't make it good.

The dinozords weren't destroyed. They were stolen for a bit but they got them back right before Tommy and Billy went to the alt universe.

That said, Rita taking over the destroyed Command Center is a bit overboard.

>Tommy is the only one to say "zord"

The first movie had him say White Tiger instead of Tigerzord which fit right in, but what's the alternative for Dragonzord?

I meant to say command center.

RPM ruled

Green dragon, I guess.

Two syllables wouldn't sound right at all...but it still doesn't have the same ring to it for some reason, which is probably why he they had him say -zord when he morphs in the first place.

Instead of jerking off to Tommy 24/7, I would've loved some spinoff comics about other Rangers we didn't get much of, or never saw a conclusion to.

>Phantom Ranger series
>Shows his origin
>Has him fight possibly Prince Gasket and a rebuilt Machine Empire, or even remnants of Divatox's Pirate Army

Hell, even a roster of surviving Rangers that never got screentime.
>Phantom Ranger
>Zeo Gold
>Silver Space Ranger
>Doggy Krueger
>Titanium Ranger

But then the Dragonzord is more silver than green.

And all of Kimberly's zords have been red and white.

did they ever get good monnsters I remember the first issue has them fighting generic kaiju number 7

Did I say it was good?

Sure as hell implied it.

They've only really fought two monsters and Scorpina.

And one of them turned out to be a zord that could shrink.

they fought that stupid kaiju in issue zero
and that greek looking monster with a crossbow

The Vitruvian Man monster? Was that in the main series? I thought it was in the Pink mini.

I said it was better than the show, so even though the writer may have read a Wiki article, he still managed to do it better.

I think so still the point is they have yet to include a original power ranger monster instead we get lame monsters that look like rejects from other things

No they fought him in the main series

In the Pink mini she only fought fish people

Do you know why though?
Because they dared to do something different and cool, giving 0 fucks about the source material and not being bogged down with nostalgia to the very first season of the show who wasn't even that good in hindsight.

Pumpkin Rapper cameo'd a bit

I don't know why anyone would read it, I gave a couple of issues a chance and it reads like a bad fanfiction.

no I mean show they can make their own monsters, as of right now it seems like the artist heard they fought giant monsters and just thought godzilla, with a monster named bulldozer I expected a bull machine creature or something

I feel like it reads like good fanfiction. Or mediocre fanfiction. Whatever the word would be for something that just adapts the material straight instead of adding OC's and shipping.

Y'know, that thing no fanfic writer ever actually does because faithfully adapting things is the opposite of what motivates teenage girls to write in the first place.

Red Ranger's all "...I got nothing"

>and that greek looking monster with a crossbow
that was honestly the closest thing to MMPR/Zyuranger level of monster