TLJ is fine. You haven't seen it; You are parrots

>A million HAHAHAAHAHA OH NO NO NO HAHAHA threads about star wars
>All made as a part of a formula

Consider for a moment, Sup Forums is filled with shills and anti-shills right now.

Is Warner Brother that scared of a decent movie? It was better than TFA, on par with ANH, and it did things that were different. Everyone expected ESB and it wasn't that story at all.

>Luke dies
Hardly, have you even seen the scene? He tested Kylo one last time then stepped away.
>Yoda destroys ancient Jedi knowledge
Yes, and that's fitting with his character. He openly mocked the Jedi in ESB, in ROTJ, and he hated being a Jedi at the end of ROTS. It's fitting with the lore of the Force, and the interaction between the Force and the Skywalkers is
>Rey is a nobody
Yes, and anybody who had a brain knew this since TFA. It's literally like you don't understand Kylo Ren is the link to the Skywalker family here, not so much Luke.
>Luke doesn't fight
Did we watch the same movie?
>Snoke dies like a bitch
Snoke was always a bitch. His inclusion in TFA muddied the waters, as did the First Order in general. The Republic itself should have been the villain, or at least a fragment of it. The Resistance should have been the Republic itself.
>It's not Star Wars
Yes it fucking is. You've seen clips, you've heard spoilers, and you are judging a film you literally haven't seen. The Porgs have a smaller role than Ewoks. The film is not perfect by any means. Yoda LOOKED weird, Luke was too passive (generally), but it was a solid film. It didn't do everything we wanted - but people are genuinely defending the abysmally paced prequels because they want to be different and contrarian.

Yes, contrarian. Literally the meaning of the word. The film has objectively solid pacing and characters, some silly decisions (particularly Leia fucking surviving the vacuum of space and flying through space and Benicio DelToro being fucking nothing), but is generally a good film. Deal with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qxPQSssPVEk
no-you.com/jp/src/1513193666222.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how much did they pay you? jw

It's poopy.

its good

>$1 has been deposited in your account

> shilling this hard
0.02 D-Shekkels has been deposited in your account...

>Sup Forums is filled with shills and anti-shills right now

None. Let's say it was $2, though.

What is the extent of your argument?
>Everyone who liked the movie is a paid shill.

Is that it?

I thought it was OK. 6/10

Where can I sign up to shill on Sup Forums? I could do it way better than you.
How's the pay and hours?

>it took the Disney committee 12 hours to formulate this reply

Did they add any new bounty hunters in TLJ similar to Boba or Jango Fett in the previous films? That is the one thing that I am missing from this new trilogy.

2 Disney coins have been deposited into your account, ah-ha!

>He openly mocked the Jedi in ESB, in ROTJ, and he hated being a Jedi at the end of ROTS
>making up stuff from your ass

The movie is shit mouse shill, bad word of mouth is going to put normies off

Holy fucking Shill

Yoda didn't destroy the books, Rey has them. Looks like you didn't watch it either.

Stop defending it. It's shit. Just because the prequels were also shit doesn't make this abomination acceptable. Fuck off.

I HAVE seen the movie, I'm an ausfag
It was boring and awkward
The only scene that kept me interested was when kylo and rey teamed up after killing snoke
but that was ruined by kylo going back to being evil immediately afterwards
Rogue One is probably going to be the peak of nu-starwars

>Luke doesn't fight
>Did we watch the same movie?

old Strayan fanboys seem to like it:
youtube.com/watch?v=qxPQSssPVEk

>this damage control

Kill yourself, shill. We read the full script and saw key scenes, the rest of cgi filler battles don't matter. It is as bad as Sup Forums says.

It's objectively a garbage STAR WARS movie

>car chase plot
>Finn and Rose spend half the movies runtime on a quest that leads to LITERALLY NOTHING
>half the dialogue between the first order and the resistance is "we're/They're running low on fuel
>Leia-el
>Luke being a quippy sociopath
>That scene with the sloths that was completely unnecessary
>half the time on the island is comic relief with porgs and whatever those maids were called
>Lukes character is assassinated
>Snoke has 5 minutes of screentime but we have time for a 80 minute Black on yellow subplot
>Luke dies in the lamest way possible, I'm fine with becoming one with the force, but if he was going to die he might as fucking well have had one shining moment in the sun, destroying the imperial walkers with the force, repelling the deathstar beam to selfdestruct or something and then allowing ben to strike him down (or let it still be force projection so he can have that sendoff in the sun) it feels like Disney deliberatily made him into an old nutcase just because of what Hamill has been saying about the movies

that said, I too am fed up with these goddamn spammers that havent even seen the movie and posting fake memes, Yoda DOES NOT BURN THE BOOKS for fuck sake, Rey takes them. It's actually a clever scene(s)
>The way snoke dies is just, so, so bad

And for the movies positives, the music and visuals are as always great. Admiral Holdo was great and her HyperKaze was honestly one of the best scenes in the Star Wars franchise, visually and emotionally. And lukes sendoff(If you forget about how and why he dies) is very touching, they even throw in binary suns to make it even better.

As a STAR WARS movie I'd say its only better than Attack of the Clones, as a movie I'd say its alright.

What's with all the shill threads showing up in the last hour or so?

>On par with ANH

We know the story. It's literally impossible for it to be on par with any of the OT with that story.

>Everyone expected ESB

And that's pretty much what they got.

>mentioning WB out of nowhere
The ABSOLUTE state of Disney shills, everybody

2 Dollars per post? Is Disney hiring?

also forgot to add that the forceconnection and interactions between Rey and Ben are definitely good.

>Yes it fucking is

It's no more Star Wars than any other shitty fanfic is.

>I'm looking for a Jedi Master.
>JEDI MAAAASTER OH YEP
>Wars not make one great!

Yoda is in the movie? Are you fucking kdding me

Yoda's alive. His species is liquid based, and he comes down from a cloud and uses lightning magic while explaining that Rey was born in the same way - she is the ultimate culmination of all Jedi and Force energy. She is Luke, Yoda, The Emperor, and Vader's child.

How do you explain the complete character assassination of Luke? They literally took away 3 whole movies of development for him just so they could make Kylo more sympathetic.

They've treated the entire OT cast badly and made their accomplishments pretty much disappear. The only one who is still "dignified" is Leia.

No, Rey is a forcebaby made my plagueis/snoke, thats the only reason that Anakins sword calls for her, because he's a forcebaby too

>dignified is Leia
have you watched the movie yet?

>BADASS HELL FU*KING EPIC LIGHTSABER BATTLES WITH SPOKE AND JYRO REN AND KYRA AND ALL THOSE OTHER CHARACTERS YOU REALLY, REALLY CARE ABOUT

I'm withholding judgment until pic related gives his review.

The few seconds i watched, everything was terrible. So i'm guessing you're the shill. I'm not gonna waste money on finding it out but i might download it when it comes out.

Imagine being shilled to defend this POS on Sup Forums.

But their real worry is bad press on sites with a bigger audience, like Leddit. Wouldn't it be a shame if the truth got out there? (inb4 this post and thread gets slid to the bottom of the catalog)

It's true. Sup Forums already decided they hated this film, just like they were hellbent on hating Star Trek Discovery before the first episode even came out. Well guess what Discovery is fine and I'm not gonna get my opinion on a movie I haven't seen from this piece of shit echo chamber board.

Totally agree with you and there's also this thing thatbI noticed. Rey stole the books of the Jedi Lore from the tree before she left the planet, that explains Yoda's expression "She already has that knowledge" or something like that.

You can see the books right at the end, when Poe opens a drawer.

Fuck off shill. I paid to see TFA and that was a bad experience. No way I'm paying to see TLJ now. The meme is real: nu-SW is WORSE than the prequels.

Defend this shit for me, shills. Convince me to pay my hard earned money to see 2 hours of this

Well it's not news that Sup Forums and Sup Forums (and also Sup Forums) have the youngest and most bitter userbase in all of Sup Forums but god you sound mad as fuck. Unless this is pasta or bait in which case you'd be just as sad.
About the movie though, I don't entirely disagree with you but
>objectively solid pacing
Not really imo. It started to feel like the plot was being dragged way too long after a while and nothing of much importance happened throughout the whole movie. Also I know it's called "star wars" but the enormous focus on war really made the movie repetitive for me. There were quite a few kino scenes that made up for that though
Also, I can't shake off the feeling that this whole trilogy is just useless, I don't mind it since the movies aren't horrible by any means but the first trilogy was already a complete story, the more I get into the new one the more it just feels like a cashgrab

>>Luke dies
Yes he fights Kylo and tests him. Kylo fails and Luke vanishes to become force ghost in episode IX
>>Yoda destroys ancient Jedi knowledge
Yoda is and old senile cunt and was added to this film for *le haha it´s that green jedi everybody knows*
>>Rey is a nobody
Yes and it´s fucking infuriating that a fucking nobody is somehow the strongest jedi in the galaxy, stronger than Vader, Skywalker, Yoda, Obi and so on without any training or guidance because she is a Mary Sue
>>Luke doesn't fight
He does some matrix shit
>>Snoke dies like a bitch
Snoke is portraied like the biggest existing evil sort of a nu palpatine but he does literally nothing and does stupidly
>>It's not Star Wars
Sadly it is

Why didn't Luke just return to his body?

What a poofter bogan.

Imagine being....
.....whoa.....

1 < 2 < 8 < 3 < 6 < 7 < 4 < 5

>2 better than 1
>7 better than 6 and 3

please

It's a good movie except for
>porgs
>ice foxes

It's a subversion on Star Wars basically. Anyway, where are they going with it? I expect IX to have a few years of time skip, Leia being dead and Luke teaching new Jedki as a badass force ghost.

5 > 4 > 6 >> R1 > 3> who cares > 8 = 7 >>>>> 1 > 2

>Rogue One is probably going to be the peak of nu-starwars
get the fuck out mate

>being that much of an unironic shill
Why do those people think they can have any influence here? btw you'll notice once again the Sup Forums boogeyman, which simply confirms they're leftist propaganda indeed.

>Wars not make one great!

But this is consistent. Yoda was constantly harping about during the clone wars how Jedi shouldn't be involved in wars and Jedi were always these pacifistic little shits disconnected with the world.

He doesn't return to being evil, it's in line with his 'down with the old' worldview. So for a second his goals was similar to Rey's.

Get out of here you stupid nigger. Take your shilling elsewhere.

Still evil, just a different type of evil

>budget goes to CGI Ewok army
>comic relief every 5 minutes
>main villain dies like a bitch for no reason
>don't know who that was
>sudden kamikaze attack is effective against FO flagship for some reason
>no autopilot, ships require human sacrifice
>Canto subplot is Free Willy in space
>major battle between two major armies looks like a stick fight between twenty kids on bikes
>Kylo is evil because of a (hahaha) funny misunderstanding
>Hi, Phasma! Bye, Phasma!
>Del Toro utterly wasted
>Dark Cave plays no part
>Luke didn't want to be found, so what was that with R2 in TFA?

and first of all:

>every fucking reviewer will go on how great it was, because BOOMBOOM, PEWPEW, ASIAN LADY

AotC was fucking better. At least it felt like Star Wars.

I didn't mind the story, but the filmmaking was really sub par. Jarring transitions, reverse shots straight from prequels, exposition dialogue everywhere, fucked up pacing and tone. It's like Rian wanted to put 5 movies in one.

It's a good Star Wars story, but it's NOT a good movie.

>It's a good Star Wars story, but it's NOT a good movie.
normally this meme goes the other way around
how can a bad movie be a good star wars movie?

its not a good star wars movie either

>luke dies
>cut to a fucking crystal fox

I said it was a good Star Wars story, not a good Star Wars movie m8. It reminds me of prequels too much. Something interesting is in there but it can't shine through shitty filmmaking.

Ice foxes were cute though

Luke is a badass and he doesn't want to destroy Kylo but to create a distraction.
And then he becomes one with the force thus completing his arc.

kys shill

I just got back from seeing it
It was shit
The story was really awkwardly paced. It would go from action scenes, which felt mastubatory, to scenes that were dialogue heavy - but asinine - again, feeling mastubatory.
The dialogue was fucking terrible btw, continuing with those shitty bait-and-switch jokes.
Speaking of which, the movie keeps doing that "subverted expectations" cliche, where the film constantly feels like its trying to outsmart you for the sake of it. It got old really fucking fast.
The overall plot itself just felt like a waste of time. The characters are on the run, but the danger never feels immediate. Overwhelming, sure, but never like the danger is right on their ass like it tries to do.
Some of the Luke scenes were alright, but Rei sucked the life out of them. The final confrontation was probably the best part of the film, but after so much fucking around with a repetitive plot and over the top action scenes, it had run out of any good faith I had.
And on a final note, the amount of toy-bait in this film was embarrassing. It doesn't try to hide it by making it a large part of the plot like BB8 or Ewoks. They're all just there for the sake of it.

>bad Star Wars story
>reminds me of the prequels

Choose one, faggot.

But I have seen it and it isn't fine at all, there a couple nice moments, nice cgi and sound effects but the rest is a chaotic mish mash of garbage, all the while giving a massive middle finger to OT fans

>audience laughing during every porg moment

SOLO! HAN SOLO!

Are you deliberately trolling me? It reminds me of the prequels because the story is good but realized somewhat lame. Same case with prequels. Interesting story, sub par movies.

GIVE ME LINKS TO STREAM VIDEO PLEASE I'VE BEEN SPOILED THE SHIT OUT OF THIS MOVIE AND I AM BOTH PUMPED TO SEE IT AND DISSAPOINTED
No shill links please

Whether the story in TFJ is good, well...

As for prequels, they're good movies and good stories, especially RotS - Christensen is good in it, even, and the soundtracks are the best n the series. New planets and sceneries are fantastic, and the depper look inside main characters than in the OT is so much better.

Not trolling, that's just legitimately my opinion.

>Hardly, have you even seen the scene? He tested Kylo one last time then stepped away.

lots of people who are spoiling it in their reviews say that he fades away and his robes fall off like ben kenobi's did. this is pretty much physical death. won't stop them from cgi-ing him in force ghost shit

And yet you paid for that shit, cuck, we had all the spoilers necessary to know it was worthless. My colleagues are going to watch that shit tonight and it will be without me. I know it won't make much of a difference, but having at least some of what used to be the most hardcore nerds like me back in the day not paying for that mess is a start at least.

>It reminds me of the prequels because the story is good but realized somewhat lame. Same case with prequels. Interesting story, sub par movies.
No, it's fucking not. Yes, the story in the prequels is interesting. It shows you how easy people are to manipulate, how poisonous relationships can be when you're young, and exposes dumbshit capitalists through the Trade Federation. It tried to take on the full fall of a Republic and failed because there wasn't enough time to cover both that and the fall of Anakin.
What do the new movies have? It's the anticlimactic tale of a hero we can't relate to, a villain we look down upon, and these two forces we barely understand. Not to mention that the people who made this fundamentally do not understand Star Wars.
>muh both sith and jedi need to exist for balance
What a retarded idea. The Sith ARE the Jedi. It's the fact that some Jedi become Sith that inevitably disrupts the balance.
If you're a brainlet that's only seen the movies years ago I can understand why you don't find any problems with any of this. But if you've read the novels, played the games, and genuinely thought about what makes Star Wars great and came down to "both evil and good are necessary, Yin/Yang guys!" then you are truly retarded.

>B-buy a ticket
No.
>The Leia scene isn't r-real
It totally is and has been reported many times
its even in youtube reviews now.
>T-The mouse will beat me yo-you are all pol drumpfkins! reee

Fuck off shill.

>budget goes to CGI Ewok army
I hope you mean the ATM4s by this
>comic relief every 5 minutes
It was a little frequent, but it built up the characters well enough. Need I remind you of ROTJ?
>main villain dies like a bitch for no reason
Kylo Ren is the main villain, lest you forget
>don't know who that was
His name was Natim Portent
>sudden kamikaze attack is effective against FO flagship for some reason
FO Ships were focused elsewhere. Even in fantasy sci-fi land they don't have instant kill all lasers
>no autopilot, ships require human sacrifice
They're still WWII planes.
>Canto subplot is Free Willy in space
This was stupid. It built up to nothing.
>major battle between two major armies looks like a stick fight between twenty kids on bikes
What does that even mean
>Kylo is evil because of a (hahaha) funny misunderstanding
Pretty big breach of trust
>Hi, Phasma! Bye, Phasma!
Pretty big waste
>Del Toro utterly wasted
Even bigger waste
>Dark Cave plays no part
It was there to establish a single line. It was still pretty wasteful.
>Luke didn't want to be found, so what was that with R2 in TFA?
R2 was the one trying to find him, not Luke. The map was a collection of sightings on his transit to an end point. There were no sightings of him on certain systems.

>we had all the spoilers necessary to know it was worthless
Autism speaks

Everything OP just said is true, i just watched it. I loved all the movie. There's a lil' plot here to make it look bad, but, it ain't.

Fucking pleb. Please die.

This. Also, if "Force needs balance", what about Qui Gon and other canon Greys? The whole sense the Force makes goes down the drain, and it's just a manichean good-evil shit.

Just got back from watching it

Luke (still alive) uses the force to make a force ghost of himself, which he uses to "fight" Kylo (who takes a while to figure out he can't physically touch him because he's not really there)

Despite this fake force luke gives something to Leia, which he took from the falcon earlier in the movie.

How exactly did he TELEPORT THE FUCKING DICE TO LEIA.

Anyway, the mental strain of doing all this is apparently too much and when he's finished, real Luke disappears (like Yoda/Obi Wan dying),

Why exactly is this bad? Can you form a coherent criticism or can you only post OH OH OH OH OH OH OUOUOUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHWHWHAHWHWHWAHAHA?

THis was my reaction to op’s gay post too

Man, Luke dies just like Kenobi and Yoda died. Why are you even contesting this?

Because the cringe dialogue, the Matrix rip off, the ABYSMAL acting, the cuts as Luke delivers his cringe speech and the atrocious music covering it.

Not defending this fucking trainwreck but the dice disappear too, they were "force objects"

The dice vanish when Kylo finds them.

>Well guess what Discovery is fine

fine for a faggot like you. How dicks you suck today soy boy?

I hope you mean the ATM4s by this
>I mean porgs, crystal foxes, and the camel things
It was a little frequent, but it built up the characters well enough. Need I remind you of ROTJ?
>ROTJ characters had something else going for them as well and understood the focus of the story is not levity. Look at del Toro
Kylo Ren is the main villain, lest you forget
>no, he is the important villain. You can't build up to the Emperor, and just off him with no information on the character you were trying to sell as his substitute
His name was Natim Portent
>but, WHO was he? A Sith? An aborted Luke/Leia baby?
FO Ships were focused elsewhere. Even in fantasy sci-fi land they don't have instant kill all lasers
>I don't mean ships, I mean the shields, like the one Resistance used out of nowhere. There was nothing like that there, and if hyperspace negates them, there should be kamikaze squads all over SW universe
They're still WWII planes.
>I meant the fregate. Also, what?
What does that even mean
>that the final battle between forces of the First Order and the Resistance uses some 10 walkers, defending against 13 speeders. It's not climactic, it's not epic, it's a dumb, frontal attack we've seen many times in the same movie already, and there's literally no payoff. It feels small-scale.
Pretty big breach of trust
>Yes, it would be, if Luke did try to kill him. i'm not saying it's weak as a reason for Kylo's change, it's a played-out plot device
R2 was the one trying to find him, not Luke. The map was a collection of sightings on his transit to an end point. There were no sightings of him on certain systems.
>Ah, thanks. Wish that was explained in the movies, though.

>all spoilers he got from Tumblr
What's worse is that you kids think this means you've watched the film.

Finally someone with common sense.

>that scene where iron is shot like a spaceship
I may be retarded but I almost died from trying to contain laughing.

It's all in the scene I was describing you dumb shill
>implying I will pay to see this absolute dogshit

but discovery is bad

in the basket where she left it?