Forgettable

pure kino

>t.Americuck that will never understand the meaning of sacrifice

ITT: Scenes women will never understand

>that composition
It's actually kino

patrician

Lovely lighting

The shitty pressure gauge didn't work and the cockpit windscreen jammed on his buddies plane and their Squadron leader died mysteriously.

I guess we can close the door on the Spitfire myth

When I forget to refuel your plane, would it be painful?

i like tom hardy

this movie is a piece of art, in 100 years the future generation will remember us through this movie

>their Squadron leader died mysteriously.
He was jumped and shot down without the other two noticing, this happened a lot around this time before the RAF learned decent flying formation skills,

Why did he do it bros? ;_;

>not a single poc, just white men and few women
How did Nolan manage to get away with this in the current year?

Those are exactly the kind of things that go wrong early in the war. War also causes weapon systems to develope.

You're an idiot

The only problem with this is that you can clearly see the lack of an engine and that the propeller is held on with a pathetic rod of some sort. Literally anything in that space, even a metal box, would have been better than what we got.

So that the plane's tech (at the time) couldn't be studied and reverse engineered.

That and he might have military intelligence on that fighter so decided to do away with it.

Nobody cared who I was until i got out of my Spitfire

oh wai- wrong actor.

There were quite a few black soldiers in the movie. Are you sure you have watched it?

No wonder he gets snubbed. Also I might have to watch this now.

>>not a single poc
There are several Senegalese dudes

It happened several times in the Battles of France and Britain, poor observational skills and outdated formation techniques cost a lot of lives
Lone German pilots could pick off the guy in the upper #2 position because the other two pilots couldn't see him
This is a plot point in the old tv series Piece of Cake

there were a group of french african soldiers near the start of the movie

looks like that "i'll be useful" fella from this angle.

>wore the mask
>got them on board
>crashed the plane
>getting caught was literally his plan
masterful

Kudos to van Hoytema. This movie looks beautiful from the opening scene til the end. Some stunning imageries here and there. There's a classic feeling you just don't get from movies nowadays.

Lmao piece of cake? The garbage fan fiction? I thought you were just a dumb fan boy now I know you're a pleb

>fan fiction
>literally based on primary accounts
Oh all right then, refer to Alan Deere's bio which the whole scene in Dunkirk is pretty much based off, Sailor Malan mentions it too, in particular how it was tied up with the Battle of Barking Street
To what magic reason do you attribute the skipper's mysterious death?

MOTY so far, is the new Lanthimos joint any good?

Not him but his argument makes perfect sense as opposed to your shit posting. He just mentioned the show because it's well known. It's also based on primary accounts iirc. So yeah I think you are just shit posting hard.

Did you understand the timeline? And the sound in imax makes the experience a million times better.

The fire rises

There were African french soldiers. Watch the movie, will ya?

It's the same actor

Probably ran out fuel from faulty petrol gauge kek

Was it digital? Because it has lovely grading

Damn I wish I had seen it on IMAX. It felt kinda off watching it from PC screen.

>those are the first German you see in the entire movie
A war movie without enemy soldiers. PATRICIAN

Yh i was watching torrent on my laptop but didnt like it so when to my IMAX which is still showing it and was well worth it. Went back home the same night and rewatched it with some decent headphones and it just didn't have the same impact

friendly reminder that baneposting is a wholesome anti-nazi meme

all fucking Sup Forumstards must fucking hang

I still think the scope seemed a bit inconsistent at times. Like at some points there seemed to be quite a few people bunched up, and other times it looks like there's about 20 people on the entire beach.
And don't even start with muh historically accurate waiting in line.

>having a Toy Story pic on twitter
>have twitter
normies out

Dr. Goebells. I'm SS.

He flew pretty good.

Im surprised at the lack of WE posting in The Wire threads desu

>Goebells

Don't be rude. The last lines of Churchill's speech which they read in the newspaper on the train are beautiful.

He will never play a bigger guy.

Isn't the myth that is was a good but shit plane?

maybe he will if they make him wear even bigger heels in another movie

>The last lines of Churchill's speech which they read in the newspaper on the train are beautiful.
I always get chills hearing it.

This also includes the speech and is up for some nominations hopefully it lives up to the hype
youtube.com/watch?v=LtJ60u7SUSw

my head canon makes this happen during the dunkirk movie

It's not the first one to do that

I know but Paths of Glory is hardly a war movie. I love it tho.

Where's Churchill?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Your hit on that Messerschmitt Bf 109 E! It didn't work my friend!

I HAVE RAF FIGHTERS GOING OUT 24 HOURS A DAY

Only two kinds of faggots enjoyed this movie.
Bane posting /tv niggers and reddit tier spitfire fanatics

>
>knowing that reddit thinks about this movie
Yeah or people that enjoy atmospheric good looking movies with subtle acting.

pg13 rated war movie have fun with that

>I am so edgy I can only enjoy X rated movies because I need mature movies for mature people because I am so mature myelf
Insecure much eh?

holy shit this man is onto something!

these mental gymnastics jesus

>pg13 rated war movie have fun with that
you must be that guy who feels the need to say "women will never understand it" as a means to defend your oh so sacred movie

You shitting on a movie you haven't watched and accuse people of mental gymnastics? Are you like retarded or something?

>wears the mask
>crashing this plane
>the fire rises
>standing by the wreckage, as expected
>getting caught
>part of the plan
BRAVO NOLAN

post boobs

these strawmen wew

>strawmen
I don't think you know what strawmen are. Your shit-posting is weak bro.

>omg why was it PG13 I NEED BLOOD GUTS EXPLOSIONS FLYING INTESTINES AND SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kill yourself spielberg

literally you guys have done nothing but garble your keyboards. my points are all completely valid criticisms.

>pg13 "war" movie
>boring fan service for spitfire faglords & big guys
>implying i've never seen this movie
>implying I hate women

keep up the good work

None of this is valid criticism. This thread pointed out
>cinematography and composition
>lightning
>subtle acting

You stated
>it's boring
>I need gore

And if you seriously think there is Bane fan-service in the movie you should seek therapy. You are confusing the real world with Sup Forums.

you still haven't stated why being pg13 is a bad thing?

the only thing going for it is sound design and OST

>hacksaw bridge was r-rated
>it was a complete piece of shit that made people laugh in the theater (this is real)

>dunkirk was pg13
>it's the best movie of the year
Makes you think

It's not like I loved the movie either. I thought it was pretty good. Cinematography and sound design made it unsettling as fuck. Mark Ryllance is a great actor and those things combined made it a good movie.

>everyone is a pussy
>they get to survive
>the only heroic one
>gets raped by zee germans

Shit movie, no character development, made them seem like pussies, dickless and ballless, the beginning scene, they get contact with the enemy and just get shot in the back running away while the french hold their ground. what the fuck is this some kind of french fan fic
Shittiest war movie I have eve

A powerless plane vs a plane that has power PS the powerless plane loses
Did they even research this piece of shit movie
What was with the editing btw. Holy fuck there is so much wrong with this shit cunt movie.

>they get to survive
the frog died in the trawler and the useless kid died doing something "heroic"

>literally all the capeshit checkmarks
holy shit kys and your family

>what the fuck is this some kind of french fan fic
In the actual dunkirk it was the french that held off the germans allowing the british to evacuate it wouldn't have been possible without the french.

Character development wasn't needed I don't want any campfire scene talking about the gal back home or some shit like that and they were meant to be pussies they were fucking surrounded on a beach with nowhere to go and had to wait for a week there with dead british soldiers scattered all over the beach and planes flying over them bombing ships.

Have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say mate.
How about articulate your thoughts without resorting to memes.

>Did they even research this piece of shit movie
Apparently they didn't call you the foremost expert of WWII but only some shitty """historians"""
gq.com/story/dunkirk-according-to-a-dunkirk-historian

>board infested with disney shills damage controlling away the fact that TLJ is a piece of shit
>these brainlet posts start popping up
Like clockwork

>Sup Forums masturbating themselves thinking that Dunkirk is the apex masculine war film

I despise the lot of you, really I do. None of you are men. Just glimmering-eyed boys pettily scraping for anything that could service as their identity

others beg to differ
inews.co.uk/culture/film/dunkirk-wrong-historian-james-holland/

Alright fine.

So tell me why 400k troops lined up on the beach to get bombed by planes when all they had to do is occupy a city, move around by night or whatever or otherwise attack instead of just get killed for no reason running away.
Seems like being in France rubbed off on them.

Haven't seen any of the latest star wars films don't care for them.

James Holland is not a historian.

You don't get to bring extra fuel

Because the fucking British Army had to be evacuated to fight another day and defend the homeland, rather than stick around to get massacred by a far superior force. I would have thought this was readily apparent.

come again

he kinda have the fuckmyshitup crown on him. nolan /ourguy/

this

>battle hardened soldiers become nervous wrecks
>German's take convenient pot-shots at boat
>bizarre pacing

terrible film, but so starved are we for proud war movies that we'd celebrate anything slightly masculine as a glorious triumph

fuck this, I'm sticking with the classics

Well I guess Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan hadn't happened yet so the big numbers and tanks and shit of the Germans were all scary and shit at the time.

this right here they fucking explained in the movie they were aiming to get 30k troops back to fight for britain but got back 300k to fight another day they were unable to do anything in france they would've died anyway if they "moved around" in the city they died just like those kids at the start of the movie

You realize his actually happened, right? Say what you will about Britain's tactics, but this movie was accurate to what happened.

If you never worked at a university you are not a historian. That's why his wiki doesn't call him a historian. I like the dude but he is really more a public broadcaster of research other people do.

But even if he was an historian it's obvious that several historians would disagree on any given subject matter. Historical science is an ongoing conversation so one historian disagreeing with another doesn't discredit the research done for Dunkirk.

>yet so the big numbers and tanks and shit of the Germans were all scary and shit at the time.
well they were outnumbered 2 to 1 of course

>Why didn't the movie have a better plot than real historical events
hmmmmmm

>If you never worked at a university you are not a historian
wrong
>historical science
dropped

Define "historian".