Spider Universe Pt. 11

Prior Universe Threads are Here
Picking up with Amazing SPider-Man #630. Probably my favorite story behind Torment (or I think it's torment).And the kicker is that it's only four issues. Rather than needlessly extend the story to be suited for a TPB, he did it in two issues less making for a leaner/meaner story.

Also, I"m starting this one from home so bumps are needed to keep this thing alive. Please send if ya can

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/a-death-in-the-family/4045-56294/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Meant to say favorite "LIZARD STORY". Favorite Spidey story is definitely A Death in the Family

SHIT! Forgot the image.

Stupid sexy Black Cat.

A Death in the Family is a Batman story, bro. Fucking casuals, I swear...

Normally I'm not a fan of double page spreads but this is one beautiful. Bachalo nailed it.

Fucking casuals, I swear...
comicvine.gamespot.com/a-death-in-the-family/4045-56294/

Did Spider-Man and Black Cat ever really date?

This was a rough page.

Also best representation of OSborn hair i've seen.

Carlie is not perfect for Peter. If you were really Pete's friend you'd know that.

Connors looks fucking insane right now.

MADAME WEB! It's been too long. Did you and Peter happen to find Mary Jane?

Stupid sexy, Carlie.

You never sleep with your boss. Ever.

I'd be willing to have the Lizard be the main villain in another Spidey movie.

>He'll kill you...
Oh no

Bachalo's design of the Lizard is straight up sci-fi/horror territory. I'd be down for an R rated Spider-Man movie. But I don't think the general public would be.

I miss Dark Reign. The heroic age immediately following was very hit or miss.

I never liked this story I never got the appeal for it, its just edgy and kinda pretentious

Love the art in the bottom panel.

I never really found the story pretentious. Edgy I can totally get.

I completely forgot about that. That's a cool power that separates him from other Spiders without breaking him (I'M LOOKING AT YOU MILES! Venom blast is bull)

Bachalo is absolutely killing it with his interpreation of Lizard. I can see him being too animalistic for some people, but he's always been more on the lizard side while characters like killer croc are more on the human side (unless he's being written by Loeb).

>Ya...you're going to kill me, aren't you?
>I knew it...
>I've always known it.
Billy didn't deserve this. And he certainly didn't deserve being brought back to life only to have his father mutate him into a lizard creature. Also moms a lizard to so the entire family is fucked.

The ripping of the caption boxes is a nice touch.

The Kravinoffs are the kind of poeple to reenact the story of "The Most Dangerous Game" just because they're bored.

Well that's not the least bit disconcerting....

Not that I don't think this page is well draw, but the Lizard's new look is not sitting well me with. The skinny arms and the hair look "off".

The fact that Peter is willing to get right in The Lizard's face either indicates he's got some serious balls or he is incredibly stupid. Might be a combination of both.

I'm mixed on the Lizard having psychic powers. On the one hand, it's a creative way to add to the Lizard's story, making him more terrifying. On the other, part of what made the Lizard great is because Spidey is dealing with an "animal" at that point, and having boosted intelligence kinda takes away from what made th Lizard so scary in the first place.

Anyone reading along? Wanna send a bump mah way?

>I...naked?
Looks like Curt is rubbing off on ya buddy.

>Harf!
I'm trying imagine what that sfx would sound like and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Ewww. Smart, but ewww.

You can't be serious, Spidey. Just fucking leap out of there.

I actually hate how self-sacrificing, Peter is. He should be dead ten times over because he held back and the only reason he isn't is because people keep bailing him out.

I CALLED IT!!! I FUCKING CALLED IT!!!

Watching the lizard try and mental gymnastic is way to seeing himself as in the right is a completely unexpected character moment.

Damn...

Why Peter didn't call the police immediately upon seeing his aunt have an aggressive conversation with herself in a two face fashion I'll never know.

And thus we've reached the end of Shed. Although Grimm Hunt is the actual story that proceeds this one, but I'm instead going to post Kraven's Last Hunt to set the stage for the Grimm Hunt.

I've read this thing in passing but never as one solid adventure. Super stoked to be reading from start to finish.