I ironically just watched this stupid documentary about a 85 year old wanker who wasted 70 years of his life making...

I ironically just watched this stupid documentary about a 85 year old wanker who wasted 70 years of his life making sushi that isnt even that good

I love sushi but hes a over rated hack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q3Ve7ec1HpY?t=1634
tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g45963-d587787-Reviews-Joel_Robuchon-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html
youtu.be/PXYeARRyDWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it isn’t good because it doesn’t have imitation crab, cream cheese, avocado, tempura flakes, and spicy mayo

Kill yourself amerishart.

So have you tasted it?

Jiro nightmares of ass rape

i am actually Australia and i make and have had better sushi from local no name places
No i am not dumb enough to piss away 30000-50000yen + on fucking sushi

I'm Slav and I've never tasted sushi in my life, but I loved this doc. Granted, I watched it years ago.
Say what you will, but this part is fucking great
youtu.be/Q3Ve7ec1HpY?t=1634

You don't really know how good his sushi is then, you pathetic lying shit.

its literally just fresh tuna,, soy and vinegar + sugar on freshly steamed pearled (polished) rice its so fucking easy to make i do it as a joke and have done it since i was 9

Maybe europeans idolize that shit but growing up with tonnes of sushi everywhere all over australia he is NOTHING special at all.
Fuck off back there and suck the sushi-mi turds out of his ass then

>its literally just fresh tuna,, soy and vinegar + sugar on freshly steamed pearled (polished) rice its so fucking easy to make i do it as a joke and have done it since i was 9
Well, look, a lot of people say that about eggs, but I've eaten eggs in many homes and at many restaurants and they're all shit. Nobody makes them like I do. Deep fried with a crunchy crust, a yummy and soft yolk, and so much pepper that they're black. Pic related.

intriguing thanks user ill try that

>i watched a film about a thing i have no deeper understanding of than that i like to eat it.
>The man in the film is a waste.
Wow.

>deeper meaning
>of sushi
Really nigger?

Minimalist sushi is NOTHING new

>it’s literally just arranged ingredients wtf I can do that he is a shit

I can hit a tennis ball mate but that doesn’t mean I can automatically beat Federer

>comparing a technical and physically-demanding skill like tennis to following cooking instructions to prepare raw fish and rice

>comparing one thing that takes years of dedication and practice to get good at to another thing that takes years of dedication and practice to get good at
>these are apparently entirely different things

ITS LITERALLY JUST SUSHI

ive made it since i was a kid its literally like a burger for most aussies and asians cunt

Well then you should probably be better at it by now then

>I'm Slav and I've never tasted sushi in my life
You gotta get on that. Sushi is fucking awesome.

its not even hard to make

the only thing that matters in sushi is the quality of the fish

THATS IT

its such a stupid docuemntary
this

just avoid the wanky places that over charge

not him but i literally beat jiro at sushi affairs

>too poor to taste Jiro's sushi
>claims to make and had better sushi

>Aussies
What a pathetic nation. Cucked by short little slant-eyes.

i dont wunna buy slightly better/worse than average sushi at some subway station in japan

Korean sushi is better anyway

i'm with you op
fuck jiren

t. amerimerkelmutt
Have fun being a minority in your own country in 1 generation faggot galah

Yeah, that's the future of this planet m8. Better that than Mudslimes.

impossiburu, baka gaijinboi

yeah they're entirely different things. it's easy to fuck up in tennis, hurt yourself playing tennis, make the wrong decisions playing tennis, and generally underperform at tennis. closest thing you can get to fucking up a sushi is putting wacky ingredients on it.

op here i always go overboard with the dipping sauce

I'll trust Robuchon's expertise over your sorry aussie ass

>this false analogy

>I love sushi but hes a over rated hack

You dont love sushi, you love california roll, wich is nothing like sushi. Japanese sushi is diferent from you ugly avocado/cream cheese american shit.

I love jiro threads

I
AM
AUSTRALIAN
YOU
STUPID
CUNT
read the fucking thread or fuck off.
same
Another over rated hack tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g45963-d587787-Reviews-Joel_Robuchon-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

sushi is fuckin ace tho cunt. makes me feel real cultured and posh when i eat it. i put tomato sauce on all of mine and pretend that they are asian sausage rolls.

Stick to your Four'n Twenty pies you dumb cunt.

>tripadvisor
didn't even click you sheepshagger, why not cite some yelp review made by a literal nobody while you're at it

I eat at Jiro´s place the last year and is great. You not only pay Jiro´s experience but also the price of great ingredients, rice is not good, is wonderful, same with salmon or tuna, wich is first grade cut.

I will go again for the next summer.

I bet you didn't,

jiro? more like yerrow (as in yellow), am i rite guise?

>salmon
something is a bit off here

toplad over here

>disliking foodkino pies
i bet you hate sushi too you uncultured fucking shit cunt
>implying bandwagoning critics opinions matter in the age of user reviews
Next thing your gonna tell me is that Rotten Tomatoes is accurate

lol
>paying a 90 year old man to awkwardly look at you eating sushi one at a time for 30 minutes just to get kicked out after eating 20 courses and some dumb melon and kicked out by rude staff for not doing the following:
>cant talk
>cant drink
>cant order off the menu
>cant bring kids
>cant rock up with a beard
>cant rock up
Sounds fucking shit and for $350usd+ you can get better food elsewhere

>it's literally just beef salt and pepper
>wtf i'm a michelin star chef now
>it's literally just ones and zeros
>wtf i'm linus torvalds now
>it's literally just cutting the right places with a scalpel
>wtf i'm a surgeon
>it's literally just math
>wtf i'm a rocket scientist
>it's literally just [thing that it is]
>wtf i'm [dunning kruger af]
PFFT NOTHING SPECIALNAL

if your aussie sushi have avocado or cream cheese is not sushi anyway.

go an eat a koala or a kangoroo.

>false analogies
not an argument, boi

avocado and sushi is based

meme cheese is shit tho
>mfw im breathing air
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM IM HUMAN AFTER ALL

youtu.be/PXYeARRyDWk

I'm also Australian and lived in Tokyo for 4 years.

There's a reason why Tokyo has the most Michelin stars than any other city in the world by far. Jiro's sushi is even seen by Japanese themselves to be a step ahead of the rest of the field. A bit better than the Sushi train shit you're used to.

>>it's literally just [thing that it is]
>>wtf i'm [dunning kruger af]
Kek. Top shelf banter.

>literally raw fish on soggy rice
>good
pick one

It's the biggest scam in the cooking world. You cant even say this is cooking.

>A bit better than the Sushi train shit you're used to.
And?

There is only so much one can perfect when making sushi, he got it down to a art decades ago and everyone is just hyping his minimalistic shit to the moon.

Its overrated
this

i prefer japanese/korean curry and unagi anyway

>daft punk
kek now it makes sense

avo is great you silly asian. we take shit and improve on it because we're faultless in all things. you're welcome, btw.

not eveyone is poor like you, some of us work.

your mom

I been working in japan for the last 3 years, so I eated a lot of sushi in this time. Jiro´s is great, just accept it.
You cant denied it because you never been there.

>aussies
>ever making anything great
Name one thing. You fucking can't!

the only thing he does it cook rice and marinate fish

Well he used to, now he just stands there and does nothing.
What did they mean by >mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
afterall

>cant order off the menu

Do you know how I know you've had fine dining in your life?

Australia

>I'm also Australian and lived in Tokyo for 4 years.
so you're one of those dorky white guys with yellow fever. who gives a shit cunt.

You sound poor Op, also the guy likes making sushi, what is he supposed to do if not make sushi after so many years? Do you really believe after certain number of years he'll be like :welp time to close the restaurant and start to shitpost and wageslave

>avocado and sushi is based

whatever, but from the moment you add avocado or cream cheese is not sushi anymore, that´s a california roll.

you cant even order more of the same thing

the staff refuse to speak/learn english
everyone is rude

Why would i want to pay $500usd+ for some fucking fish and rice?

Get fucked you pretentious pooftas
this fucking race traitor
lol Sup Forums used to hate this shit movie as soon as i made this thread you all change tune just to irk me

Perfection doesn't exist. Just like Jiro says in the movie. Did you even watch it?

The sushi passed on?! Prease no!

isnt that what i literally just typed?

Lol Sup Forums cant even function with this shitty force milk nipples movie everywhere

Seriously though, is super expensive Sushi like what Jiro makes any better than the cheap shit you can get at an average convenience store in Japan?

Shit's just rice and fish, I doubt he does anything special that makes it worth 400 bucks.

>the staff refuse to speak/learn english
Just kill yourself already. Your entire shanty nation hardly speaks comprehensible english.

LOL where is the big shaq raw soy one
>t. asshurt weebu

>>cant bring kids

Why your you bring your kids to a five star experience? are you dumb? oh, yeah, you are from australia.

Why do you keep saying it's Overrated if you haven't tried it yet

oh im sorry where are you from euroturd?

Only you fart sniffing euroniggers give a shit about this sushi wank, something we've had for over 40 years

>Name one thing.
shitposting.

Sure you might be able to prepare the fish, fella, but can you get the ingredients? No, I'm not talking about some fish you picked up at the market for 10 bucks, but the absolute best of the best ingredients, that tuna that costs hundreds that you get fresh off the boat, or the rice hand-picked for it's texture that comes from some obscure farm that sells solely to you and a couple other restaurants. Can you get that shit, buddy?

Calm down Jiro

>YOU CAN NO BRING DRINK OR YOU MUST SEPPUKU TO BRING HONOUR TO SUSHI
jesus christ jiro

>i have to eat shit to know what it tastes like
literally shit logic its over rated as fuck

obviously desu
>MUH 70 YEARS MAKING SHHHHHHHHHHHHHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Jesus christ jiro i get it you have less of a life than i do

>op admits to being an australian
>idiots still take the bait

>what Jiro makes any better than the cheap shit you can get at an average convenience store in Japan?
>Shit's just rice and fish, I doubt he does anything special that makes it worth 400 bucks.

everything, but you will not undertand since your food experience is limited to the convenience store

OP I'll tell you about a wonderful thing called the free market to explain the price tag to you

>It's an underage Aushit traaaawwwls the internet episode
yawn

well explain what's so good about it then?

What a load of overpriced wank.

People want some stupid over priced dining experiance with a dumb poofy wanked up story about how the cow was hand fed and washed and read bedtime stories too every day for 2 years then slowly killed over a process of 2 days to ensure maximum fart crap poopoopeepee

Fine diners are complete farcical wankers with nothing else to their existence

only a platypus fucker aussie would add avocado and call it sushi.

its my best thread this year

All this food talk must be getting you hungry.

Time for a Maccas run?

OP thanks for calling this shit out. DESU even top dollar LA sushi is fucking shit. I cant believe people spend so much money on literal raw fish.

Like I'm not even memeing, go eat some Peruvian or Italian food instead for a much better experience at a 3rd of the price of Jiro sushi.

vegans here love it and over do it so i havent had avo sushi in ages cunt

every vego used to use cucumber only it was so boring

Seriously though, he's putting raw fish on a ball of rice. You can argue that he's using better quality fish, or that he's preparing it better, but at the end of the day it's a fucking piece of raw fish on a ball of rice. How much of a flavor/texture/experiential difference is his method really going to make, and how autistic do you need to be about food to notice this detail? Is that difference really worth $400 a plate?

nah ive just been binge eating all day

feels comfy desu

This wigga gets it
This is my point exactly

But 300 isn't even expensive, even if you work minimum wage you can afford it once in a while

some good ol fashion australian shitposting going on in here. good job OP

you will not understand, aussies are a lost cause.
there, take ¥1000 and go to the convenience store for yakitori and calpis.

pretending to be retarded isnt trolling

>but it isn't worth the price
Do you know how much demand that restaurant has? Do you understand the market?

>vegans here love
>care about vegans

kek, found the fag

This isn't even fine dining. It's just sushi with the finest produce available.