What the fuck were they thinking?

What the fuck were they thinking?

"How do we milk more money out of this franchise?"

Also:
"Delay the last movie in the series for like 5 year so that we don't have to renew the rights as soon."

The Fuyutsuki scene is absolute kino.

The rest is contrived plot to get Shinji into NERV.

It's the best thing that came out of Eva.
It's autists filter, all the autists who love Eva hate this movie.

when are they gonna stop remaking this?

They didnt had the same budget and time than 2.0 and it shows.

I get it, 3.0 try to re-imagine ep 24, 25 and 26, but fails to make it more interesting and betray the whole "thunderbirds" concept of the show making it more and more absurd.

Yep, agreed. Jumped the shark.

I dont understand how they just cant get the ending right.

The first eva movie was probably the best attempt but all the emo shit just dragged it down.

I liked it for the wild ride it was. Evangelion peaked with the last tv episode, not with EoE

3.0 is a plebe filter and returns the focus to the relationships between characters instead of focusing the fighting robots.

The clipshow with barely any animation?

It's the best thing to come out of Eva after EoE, so not sure what you're on about. It did need more scenes on the ship, but sticking to Shinji's perspective was a conscious choice, I can't really criticize that.

>They didnt had the same budget than 2.0 and it shows.
But except the spinning Wunder moment the animation was phenomenal.

yes you fucking pleb

>remaking
Surely by this point even the biggest plebs must agree it's a sequel. It won't get any more obvious.

But there was a ton of fighting with robots. There were also a ton of pointless new characters that were added for reasons.

OH NO NO NO

>ton of pointless new characters
Was there? I feel like there was maybe 2 or 3 random new crew members and that was it. Would be a bit weird if there was no new crew members after the timeskip

I guess I just didn't really care for the crew or the ship scenes. Toji's sister was a nice touch though.

Who else laughed?

The fact gating was mostly at the end and isn’t the focus of 3.0, unlike with 1.0 and 2.0. The only kind of pointless character was Sakura or whatever the name of the sister of Shinji’s friend was, but she was also the only one who was kind to him besides Kaworu and Fuyutsuki.

"We want the zoids audience".

im confused with this series.

wtf is the chronology?

i save my opinion until we finally get the last movie but i will say that its sad that we didnt get to see the teased 3.0 they originally planned to make

>They didnt had the same budget and time than 2.0 and it shows.
Wrong on both counts. They had both more time and more money for it. The whole Rebuild is shit anyway. B-movie garbage.

You probably liked The Force Awaken and The Last Jedi too, I'm sure.

The exact same shit SW sequel trilogy fans say to justify the fact that they gobble up shit films.

episode 1-24 > episode 25/26 = end of evangelion then reboot series is = like 20 episodes with lots of cut / changes scenes and completely different plot change at end of 2nd movie and all of 3rd movie

everyone awaiting 4th movie just to see what the fuck

the difference is that japs dont ruin it with modern day identity politics going against everything the original used to be

EoE happens during episodes 25 and 26 of the TV show, Rebuild is both a remake and a sequel to both. It'll make sense when you watch it

a lot of shameless pandering and also shitting on fans while ruining the lore, or maybe making its own messed up lore, idk. As someone who considers Evangelion to be their favorite franchise the kaworu x shinji stuff was gay and i didn't like it.

If this last film is a tenth of EoE I will consider it a success. I have expected nothing from these films and I consider them okay, but they feel like a fanfiction of evangelion. I don't really care about anything else Anno makes because Evangelion+EoE is fucking incredible and will stand the test of time among outcasts and social rejects as the series that best understands their condition and fundamentally the condition of all humans. Anno could film shit for 3 hours and it'll never take away what he's made. I'm very thankful it's just shitty enough to keep normalfags out too

MEIN NEGER, ZEIT FUR BAUMEKUCHEN!
Aska still best

it's ok because it's completely new

asuka will always be best

tfw my first crush was a redhead
tfw she gave away the chocolates I bought for her on valentine's day
fuck you courtney
i still love you, you bitch

Did she give them to chad?

>kaworu x shinji stuff was gay
Negro go watch the show again, it's gay as hell in the show too. It's a bit less gay in Rebuild if anything

>he doesn't know the tv episodes are a part of EoE
>he didn't watch the fan edit which joined the two episodes with the movie

2.0 was neat

3.0 was just another Anno's attempt to troll fans

>attempt

It worked pretty fucking well if you ask me. Especially on Reifags

>sequel
more like a fucking reboot
>but what about the le epic foreshadowing and all the references to the original series
don't you get it, retard? The nip jew Anno played you like a fool. Why do you think he keeps stalling 4.0, the most expected conclusion to the series?

Anno started to suck as a director the moment he became happy. Seems to happen to a lot of creators.

Evangelion TV is a massive take down of Otaku culture, anime cliches, Otaku attitudes towards women and is basically a big jilted "fuck you" to Otaku from someone who truly loves anime as an artform, but has become incredibly jaded from depression and dealing with a shit toxic fanbase for years.

Rebuild films are from someone who views anime through the eyes of a fanboy otaku and is a love letter to largely 70s and 80s sci-fi anime through the franchise of Evangelion. (I mean, 3.0 literally just becomes a mashup of Space Battle Ship Yamoto and Nadia).

This is the biggest problem with Rebuild. People don't want to watch Evangelion that is just fanboy wank over "LOL HOW COOL IS ANIME AND GIANT ROBOTS", people hold Evangelion in such high regard because it's an incredibly jaded shitting on all the worst elements of Anime.

I mean, just look at the fact how End of Eva massively criticises Otaku for jerking off over a fake 13 year old girl by showing shinji literally cumming over a comatose Asuka and then in Rebuild, how they refuse to age Asuka after the time skip because they know Otaku fucking losers won't want to jack off over a 20 something Asuka.

Has that fucking autismo finished his perfected aspect ration versions yet?

"Let's rewrite our idea to be topical instead".

Seriously, OP. Look at the 3 teaser at the end of 2. No scenes are in 3. It's a whole new movie, and one to match the Fukushima event in Japan.

this is what ironic weebs actually believe

Does anyone remember Nadia?

But that's false. EoE is also an alternate ending.
In the series Shinji decides to stay in instrumentality, whereas in EoE he gets out

My dick does.

The Rebuilds are a sort of post-EoE alternate reality/sequel. The oceans turn red in EoE and are red in the Rebuilds, plus the moon is all fucked up like in EoE.

The manga, which was only supposed to be a glorified advertisement for the anime, ended up being the definitive version of the story. Anno is a fucking retard.

Casual filter. Upset comfortable nerds. Evangelion isn't supposed to be comfortable or predictable faggots. You'd cry about EoE if you were old enough to wipe out own ass when it came out too. He just did it again, this time to YOU.

Evangelion isn't about the "lore".

This chart made it make sense for me, a lovable brainlet.