So whatever happened to this series? We heard that a sequel short compilation was in the works...

So whatever happened to this series? We heard that a sequel short compilation was in the works, but it's been years now and nothing.

I didn't care for it.

I don't understand why outside the comics all DC media has to be so tryhard and edgy.

It was Flashpoint-like.

It sold like shit so the sequel is on permanent hiatus.

It made the least amount of money out of all the DC Animated Original Movies.

Also the movie isn't even two years old.

Because Bruce Timm

It's a shame. I really liked this movie and the prequel comics

>so tryhard and edgy.
Sup Forums is just the fucking worst.
We wouldn't get people whining about anything more adult than the DCAU and decrying it as "edgy" if there was a comics only board.

I need more of this. Seriously.

this

I need more Meximan, Wonderbra, and Twilangstrom

>years
Its only been two and it wasnt well received so Timm put it on the back burner for now.

They cancelled it for other projects.

v

>Adult themes, no matter how minor, are edgy now
You highschool cool kids need to get off this board

>I don't understand why outside the comics all DC media has to be so tryhard and edgy.
Normally, I'd agree, but this movie was so fucking GOOD. It didn't feel edgy. Dark, sure, but every member of the trinity felt fleshed out (Bekka a little less so imo) and felt like realized characters instead of just, "HERE'S THE CHARACTER YOU KNOW AND LOVE...BUT EVIL OR NOT AS GOOD AS THEY USUALLY ARE!" It felt like a really good Elseworlds to me, but an animated original one. I really wish we got more original movies like this instead of shitty adaptations that never really capture the glory of the stories they're based off of.

Also, Bekka was waifu material. Dat design, dat voice, dat everything. God, she was hot.

>and felt like realized characters instead of just, "HERE'S THE CHARACTER YOU KNOW AND LOVE...BUT EVIL OR NOT AS GOOD AS THEY USUALLY ARE!"
Samefag here. Also it helped that they weren't actually the normal versions of the Trinity, but different characters who formed up into a similar team.

I thought this was the freshest take on the DCU in awhile. Shame it looks like we aren't getting anymore, because I need to see more of this universe.

I don't think they are going to show my waifu Platinum naked again so I don't really care

They killed off way too many important DC characters in the first movie.

I think that's a plus though, lesser characters would have more room to shine, I dont think anyone would have thought Magnus would be good a villain but here we are.

I liked it. I understand how it can be alienating though/.

Super Hombre is a great take on the character

I really want Supes to cross over into this universe for a bit. Just to see his reaction to his alternate universe self being Zod's rape baby.