Miss me?

Miss me?

No.

Who is that ugly Jew?

I hate him so fucking much

I actually do.

Sort of. At least he knew how pacing works.

>man does a shit over your meal
>another man comes and does a bigger shit on it
>bet you miss the first guy now, huh?

It's going to be interesting to see how he finishes this trilogy after what Rian Johnson has done.

>i have leukemia
>god, i miss my brain tumor

>everyone's running! nothing ever stops! no one stops to contemplate anything! just keep moving!
yeah great pacing jj

He's literally the same as michael bay, except he looks like a scrawny jewish boy so he's a "nerd"

Unironically yes

I actually like TFA more now

I hope he brings back the Knights of Ren.

Kind of. As much as TFA had its problems (a good question, for another time etc) I think they could have been resolved by using the same writer for all three films.

JJ introduced ideas that it was clear he intended to be expanded upon, such as Snoke, Rey's parents, Luke's sabre etc, but they were either ditched or rapidly changed course in TLJ.

For example, and this is a small thing that hasn't been discussed here yet, but illustrates well how the tonal differences shift between the films.

Luke's very first scene involves taking his sabre from Rey and chucking it nonchalantly over his head behind him in a cheap gag that is completely out of character for him. Rian Johnson wrote that. It felt like a forced twist on our expectations after the ending scene of TFA.

I don't know what Abrams intended for Luke following that scene, but I doubt it was that. It's a small thing but there are many of them throughout the film. It feels like they're making it up as they go along, because they are. There should have been one planned story from the offset helmed by one main writer.

It flows much better than:
>Let's kill main character.
>Cut to cutesy animals doing funny stuff in 3 seconds.
>Let's have characters sit down for 5 minutes and talk about what's happening even though there's immediate danger.

unironically the truth.
Rian shat on TFA. TFA now feels like entire scenes (such as Rey´s dream) are pointless.

Yeah, and I'm not saying TFA was great, but the problems/questions it had could have been resolved in TLJ, not just lazily discarded like they did.

Y-yes

>Let's have characters sit down for 5 minutes and talk about what's happening even though there's immediate danger.
This was the most offensive thing about TLJ, explosions, action, stakes are high... And then abrupt cut to characters calmly talking about their plans even tho shit's exploding right next to them and their existence is in immediate danger. It happened more times than I can count in this film, Plinkett is going to have a field day.

>JJ introduced ideas that it was clear he intended to be expanded upon, such as Snoke, Rey's parents, Luke's sabre etc
this is what many people assume, but the more likely truth is that abrams had no intention to really pursue any of those things. they were just props/scaffolding to build the film's narrative around. abrams does not care about outcomes

no, at least TLJ has SOME originality no matter how bad it is.

Just imagine. IMAGINE. The soulless, corporate, quippy, phony thing he will do with Episode IX.

Well I agree, thats why I like it. JJ had no ideas for what was behind half of it, like who snoke was etc. Rian said lol JJ this aint shit and killed half of it off, good.

Prequels had lots of originality, but it doesn't make them good movies. TLJ is literally worse than prequels in filmmaking department.

I want George back.

I think i heard Luke's first line originally was "Who are you" & refused to take the Saber, but it got some negative feedback.

I really doubt JJ would have had him throw it, JJ would have played it more safe

yeah, but where does it go now though?
What other twists are possible?
Kylo has already created enough damage to not return to the light side.
Rey is a fucking Jedi Master and we know where she comes from.
Boyega and Dameron have been reduced to bit part players with their own thing going on.

Wonder if he'll just take back the developments that happened in this film for IX.

>Luke comes back to life.
>Rey's parents being junkers was actually a lie.
>Snoke didn't actually die.
>Finn gets some development.

Where the fuck do you even hear this? Is mark hamill your dad?

That's the problem though, they have no idea what they're doing as they go along. I'm not defending JJ but they should have at least had a concrete idea for the trilogy before they started. Characters, backstories to be explained, actually connecting them better to the original films etc.

The same JJ that had Poe make a wisecrack while a village was being ransacked?

Yeah the prequels aren't good movies either, but at least I can fucking remember them. And it might be because I am getting into my late thirties now, but I cannot remember a single thing that happens in TFA; so in my opinion I would rather have a shitty transformers tier movie than some marvel shit that is so sterile and boring I can barely keep myself awake.

except the prequels have ear-scraping dialogue and stilted performances because it, plus damage to the characters of both obi-wan and darth vader, among lots of other stupid crap like acrobatic yoda

>I cannot remember a single thing that happens in TFA
that's because nothing happens

Poe wisecracks right at the start of TLJ too. He flies his X-Wing right up to Hux's Star Destroyer and talks directly to him through his coms-link or whatever and says repeatedly "Am I talking to General Hux? Ok, ok, I'll hold" or something along those lines. It's terrible Marvel-tier garbage.

it's not as bad as the tfa one. at least there's a plot reason for it

He made it before the FO shot up the place & it was a good line to make Poe seem brave & likeable

TLJ went overboard with the quip's, TFA didn't have any in vital moments

he made it after several people had been gunned down in a firefight and an old man had been murdered in cold blood

his body was still warm, lying next to poe's feet

I think he said Hugs and implied he wanted to talk to his mother instead.

talentless hack, id do better you shitter

KILL YOU, JUDE

everything he makes is shit, why is he so popular?

He's shit a scriptwriting but a very competent filmmaker.

why does he keep writing scripts? has nobody told him?

Yes, definitely.
He actually cared about Star Wars. Now there is nobody left who cares except Mark Hamill but Mark has no creative control and his character was killed for no reason

>he knew how pacing works
lmao

lol, no. your movie was just as much shit

FUCK NO!!!! I don't even think if his life was on the line he could make a originally film

No and I never will.

Fpbp

Nailed it.

>He's shit a scriptwriting but a very competent filmmaker.
A bad script can be saved by a good director.
J J is bad in everything.

name one movie that has a bad script but somehow was still a good movie.

No, you are one of the biggest reasons everything is fucked up now. Star Trek, Star Wars - anything with his name on it is crap. Lost was fun for like 3 seasons, but that's it. Even that movie Super 8 he made was crap. Recycling. That's what he does. Not really well though.