This scene... damn

this scene... damn...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4kA9PFHb-Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of all the heartbreaking, tearjerking moments in this show's history, this one still hits the hardest.

the animation really sells it, you can see bart trying to hold it back before it all comes out

What would this episode look like if it were Zombie Simpsons? Or do I not want to ask?

I just cringed during this scene. Episode would've been better if it just ended with him crying and krabappel walking away.

Why? Must everything be cynical and heartless and cruel for it to be good? Must everything be hateful and spiteful toward the decency of humanity just to entertain you? For the love of all things good, why must everything be awful?

Bart would probably feel better if he was sandwiched between his parents while they're having sex.

You must love Ctrl+Alt+Dell

Bart's reaction is pretty realistic

I always see idiots saying "Simpsons isn't as funny as it used to be"

But Simpsons isn't missing humor, it's missing emotions like this. The show had heart.

You've must had some terrible teachers.

So did you.

>N-n-no u

Not even them

One of my favorite moments, really.

It's bad enough knowing that you aren't good at something, but seeing proof, especially in the form of a grade, it really sinks in.

The reason this scene/episode is so well known is because it's so real. Pretty much everyone can relate to Bart's dismay when reality hits just a bit too hard.

What a pussy comeback.

Not that user, but, my 5th grade teacher walked by my desk during free time, and saw that I was drawing a bird from life "outside the window" she reached down, garbed the paper, ripped it up in front of me and trashed it.
She also treated boys like garbage because "not to be /pol shit" because she was a activist, and the girls would kick the boys in the balls during class and she would encourage it, if we voiced complaints we got a week in detention.

If anything she instilled on me a deep hate for authority figures like her. Went on to do artwork for publication as well, so fuck her.

When exactly did the animation went to shit? I know the opening always had much more effort put into compared to the episodes but i am wondering when they stopped trying to add detail

On-model being law.

F-em-a-ni st gets word filtered to activist, neat, stupid horse shit there mods.

Pretty much when the show went to all-digital animation.

You're a hero. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Nah, it turned to shit way before that.

I'm gonna say when it became obvious less and less characters looked like they were designed by Groening

>Bart's grades get worse
>Marge pushes him to succeed
>He blows it off and does stupid crap
>He fails the test
>Doesn't really care
>Marge convinces teacher to make him retake it
>He passes
>He goes to the next grade
>Camera zooms in on a cheat sheet in his back pocket as he walks away happily

Can't get enough of excerpts like this from user lives. Shit's the most real part of coming here.

Never forget "Do it for her"

When they switched from Klasky-Csupo to Film Roman.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4kA9PFHb-Y
>This is as good as I can do, and I still failed!
jesus this hits me real hard

Nah, there were still some good animation moments in there (like Homer Goes to College and Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie).

I'd personally say season 5-6 was the last time the animation stopped being GOOD good and a few seasons later ('round season 14 or so) when it just became simply "better than Family Guy, at least". The HD seasons are mixed, but largely fit into that uncomfortable "uncanny" feeling most shows these days fit into (both Sup Forums and Sup Forums alike).

"Don't sled on me"

She should have failed him, she failed as an instructor. Her giving him a pass just fails him in the long run.

>after all the shit I've heard about this episode, it has a happy ending.

What the fuck? THIS is the big emotional scene Sup Forums creams its pants over? I don't want to ever see anyone who thinks this is good a good emotional scene to shit talk steven universe again.

Nobody fall for it.

This whole thread has to be bait right? Nobody actually thinks this is a great scene? Am I the idiot who fell for it?

The ONLY argument I can even as to how one could claim something like this works better than emotional moments in steven universe is that an example of a kid trying and failing at school is more relatable than alien lesbian soul rape or ptsd war flashbacks.

I don't know. I didn't find this scene that sad but I could have let it slide if it hadn't immediately ruined the whole fucking point by having him pushed through anyway. He may as well have gotten an A for effort for all the fucking different it makes by the end.

what about that episode where Lisa abuses bart with a stick?

Lisa was a dick in that episode, but I'm glad she learned her---

Fuck it, I know what episode you're talking about but I don't remember how it resolved.

no, but the 'sympathy pass' was just so cliché and predictable. even when that episode aired that trope was hackneyed.

i can't stand people who disallows novelty when there's an opportunity for it. eating spaghetti everyday is not a life worth living

I guarantee zombie simpsons would have the family laugh at the mention of god.

sadly this show usually is too cynical, and especially mean-spirited to Bart to be too emotionally invested in a scene like this. The fact that Homer chokes Bart has been shown to have displaced his vertibra and shit, but it's still played for laughs as a core component of this show.

Whoa dude, you forgot to kill yourself again.
Why do you keep forgetting?

>sympathy pass
But he actually learned something.

it's more emotional than anything in steven universe because it's relatable to people instead of autismals

Have a (you), now sally forth knave

I do not know these feels. But I have to pretend to so people don't hate me.

Talk about forced resolutions.

Guys. Look.

>You've must
>You have must

That's what he meant.

You fucking serious m8?

Feminist
Femnazi

No, it's pronounced feminist.

which episode was this?

I only ever watched the more recent simpsons seasons, never bothered with the earlier ones