So we all agree

So we all agree

V > IV > VI > RO > TFA > III > TLJ > I > II

Right???

II is objectively better than I though.

>TLJ better than anything

TLJ is so bad it literally killed the Star Wars franchise for me.
It's not even a Star Wars movie, really. It's a fucking Marvel Disney flick meant to sell toys to kids while casually taking a big shit on the character of Luke.

IV>V>III>VI>TFA>II>I>TLJ

Wrong.
V > IV = VIII > III > VI > VII >>> RO >>> II >>> I

V> IV > VIII > VII > VI > III > RO > I > II

IV>TLJ>V>RO>VI>TFA>III>II>I

> TFA

> better than anything

5 > 4 > RO > 6 > 3 > 1 > 7 > 2 > 8.

At least clones had some memorable visuals, not being super Leia.

i agree almost with you but i think Last Jedi will be better then Rehash Awakens

fuck off Disney shill

I fully acknowledge that I II are extremely flawed movies, but anybody putting TFA and TLJ above any other film of the franchise is a complete fucking moron.
There is a difference between failed/flawed movies aimed at making money and pure marketing garbage.

Putting III above VI is a common meme here, i agree III was a real improvement from I and II, just like VI was really flawed compared to IV and V, but a slightly less shiny gold will still be more attractive than some bright mud.

Of course the current trilogy is pure shit.

(Didn't see RO and don't care)

Fuck no
V > IV > VI > III > I > II > TFA = RO >>> TLJ

its hard to imagine that Last Jedi is worse than Rehash Awakens

Rehash Awakens didn't have Super Leia flying through space with the force, Luke trying to murder a sleeping child, the stupid matrix anime hologram slow mo fight scene, a terrible looking Yoda puppet using force lightning to destroy living things as a ghost,
say what you will about TFA, but Han was largely in character even if it sucks he and Leia broke up. Meanwhile Luke is an abomination and OOC in every single thing he does.

hm you have a point.

I do wonder how much story they copied from Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi this time

V > IV > VIII > VI > VII > R1 > III >> I >>>> II

5>4>3>6>RO>2>1>8>7

see this

so George Lucas ruined Darth Vader / Anakin with the Prequels and Disney ruined Han, Luke and Leia

This is truly poetry

V > IV > VI > RO > VIII > VII > III > I > II

>came here to post this
dubs confirm thank you based sheev

TFA had people standing on a planet surface looking up and watching as a space laser flies across the sky, splits into three and blows up three planets ALL THE WAY from another system, which somehow destroys the entire galactic republic.

That's terribad astronomy even by SW standards. Nothing in TLJ comes even close to how bad that was. Most of the things you mention aren't even bad.

No, we can't.

IV > V > VI > VII > I > III > II > R1 > VIII

Put I and III above VII and I can agree

II>IV>I>III>V>VI>TFA>LJ

>Not putting the prequels first
Plebs

Something generally like this, none of them are better than the originals, but the sequels are better than the prequels.

V > IV > VI > gap > III > R1 > I > VII > VIII > II

TLJ is awful, to the point of dragging TFA down with it.

III>V>IV>II>VI>I>Holiday Special>VIII>VII

>Thuh Lurs Jurda is was thurn prekurls

V > IV > VI > III > I > II = TFA > R1 = TLJ

Haven't seen tlj so making a safe assumption

V=IV>VI=R1>TFA>III>I>VIII>II

sorry but the prequels are badly written

V > IV > III > R1 > VI > I > II >>>>>>> VII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VIII

III>IV>RO>IV>VI>I>VII>II>VIII

Personally just prefer the more somber ones. RO is underappreciated, TLJ is shit, though.

V > IV > VI > III > power gap >>>>> VII > I > II

not sure about R1 and VIII yet

If we dont include none trilogy/saga movies

5>=6>4>3>2>1>7>8

If we include non saga movies
EWOK CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ALL

VI > V > III > IV > I > II > TLJ > TFA.

VIII>VII>VI>V>IV>III>II>I

V>IV>VI>Rogue One>VII>III>II>VIII>I

You'll need to wait until this weekend for an accurate rating. Most of Sup Forums hasn't seen TLJ yet.

That's about right

8>5>4>6
The others are trash

V > TLJ > IV > VI > III > VII > I > II

V > VIII > IV = VII > VI = III > I = II

get lost Disney shill

god i really wish i was getting paid for liking these movies

Yeah I can agree with that, except that TFA should be above 1 at best, otherwise I could deal with that order. I'd maybe swap 3 and RO, not sure.

i agree

3>5>4>1>6>2

I saw episode 1 in the theater as a kid of about 11. I always liked it. Yeah it has Jar Jar. But it still feels like star wars.

The complex plot of the prequels gives you something to think about and is actually well thought it. Flawed institutions, internal struggles, the dark and the light, corruption, love. They do a good job of fleshing out these themes. They maintain the spirituality of the force, and a mystery to life. The build upon the struggle of life into episode 4. Where luke's love, charisma and selflessness makes the galaxy a better place. There is unity between episode 1>6.

Now the new shit decides to fuck it all up without reverence or respect for what has been established.
>eliminate spirituality of the force.
>Make Luke a fucking loser
>the focus group wants more cute animals
>we need more minorities and women
> God Rey is strong as fuck without training because fuck legacy.
>lol keep copying plot points and elements that people like

I really don't know if the new movies are intentional subversion of the values already established, or a reckless wet dream from soyboys influenced by corporate greed.
>eliminate the spiritual and sacred. No higher power. The force is whatever now. (because we hate Jesus and religion)
>inject nihilism (nothing matters)
> remove love and selflessness
>you can all have super strong force powers without training (fuck sacrifice and hard work)
>Luke's a bitch. Legacy doesn't mean jack shit (Your a fucking white male. "the force is female")

It's really hard for me to be bothered by things. I am genuinely bothered by what they turned Luke into. Nu universe doesn't mean jack shit to me now. It's now to the point that my own imagination surpasses whatever Jew wood puts out for star wars. Although, i did like rouge one.

It really is. In fact, II is the best of the prequels.

5 > 4 > RO > 6 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 8 > 2

TLJ is pretty bad, except for a few scenes. I really shits on everything built before it, and destroys any shred of internal consistency this universe tried to have. Even though they were bad, at least the prequels made a bit of sense.

Original tier:
IV, V, VI

Prequel tier:
I, II, III

Disney tier:
TFA, RO, TLJ

>Implying they made any star wars movie after TESB
Lay off the drugs,you're hallucinating.

Pretty much, OP.

VI is overall the weakest of the OT but the Emperor scenes in RotJ put it way above the prequels, III included.

TFA was more faithful to the OT characters than TLJ was, if nothing else.

Bad astronomy is not nearly as much as a problem for a Star Wars movie as the way that TLJ turned Luke from
>"I am a Jedi, like my father before me"
into
>"I am a child-murderer, like my father before me"

They shot some really good scenes for a 3rd movie but unfortunately it was never completed

Revenge of the Sith beats all

IV > V > VI > III > I > RO > VII > II > VIII

t. Brainlet

GO TO THE FUCKING HELL SHILL

V > IV > VI = VIII >>> VII > R1 > III >>>>>> I >>>>>>>>>>>>>> II

Refer to this

Any ranking that puts III above I is immediately incorrect.

Any ranking that puts III in the top 3 is trolling.

III is better than I though...

>implying Sup Forums needs to see it to form an opinion
it's disney, no matter what they do it's going to be hated on here, like clockwork TLJ is now hated because it does things differently

but remember, it's okay when the prequels do it!

III easily beats TFA, RO, and even VI

IV>V>RO>VI>I>III>II>watching my gf play KOTOR>VIII>VII

Yeah it's wrong, the prequels were badly written, badly acted, and full of retarded ideas like the Jedi needing to be virgins.

It's not "different" it's flat-out bad. The character assassination of Luke in particular, but plenty of other retarded shit like Rey still having no justification for her skills and SuperLeia were bad enough.

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"
9. "The Last Jedi"

Episode 7 and 8 aren't even Star Wars movies. They are Marvel flicks masquerading as one.

Anyone counting TFA and TLJ as anything but complete garbage has no taste.

>III below TFA

fuck off prequelkid pasta

coorect order is
IV>V>VI>I>III>II>TFA>TLJ

t. plinkedditor

>All those brainlet soy boy cucks who are literally too dumb to understand the prequels
Go back to watching Reddit Letter Media and get the fuck out from MY board.

Everything is better than TLJ.
The TLJ was 2 hours of Disney dragging out Luke's corpse and shitting down his throat, before making him sleep with the fishes.
Fuck the TLJ.

this

Who made you a king so you can call yourself "we"?

>Including Disney Wars on any scale
>Ever

That's honestly like trying to fit the KotOR games on the scale. They're completely separate in tone and style from the original movies. I don't mean style as in props. Notice that Disney Wars can't stand the idea of more than 5 second establishing shots, or people just talking without getting in an action scene the next moment. I don't even mean prequel walk and talks, just Luke trying to convince Han to save Leia, Han and Lando's reunion, everything on Endor excluding the battle and speeder chase, etc.

In fact, KotOR games have more reason to be compared to the OT and PT than the Disney Wars movies do.

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

5 > 4 > 6 > RO > 8 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 1

Eh. RO isn't that good, I'd probably put it after III, but other than that, good ranking.

V, VI, IV, TFA, III, II, I, TLJ

AotC didn't kill Star Wars, and it was the worst Star Wars movie ever made (I assume we're not counting the Ewok movies). TLJ won't kill it either. It'll just chug along a former shadow of itself.

>AotC didn't kill Star Wars, and it was the worst Star Wars movie ever made
t. avid soy consumer

V > IV > VI > TFA > III > RO > TLJ > I > Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure > II

Tell me how many estrogens you have?

your underaged nostalgia doesn't change truth

All of the OT is better than the PT, and all of the PT is better than the Disney movies.

4 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2 > RO > TFA > TLJ

If it makes any difference I have been watching Star Wars movies since before the PT came out.

>kids during prequels
>both obsessed with "soyboy" meme, and think prequels were great
coincidence?

> II > I
how?

>still no Super Leia webm

>VI is overall the weakest of the OT but the Emperor scenes in RotJ put it way above the prequels, III included.
100% agreed. The Ewoks are crap (Lucas should have saved them for Willow) and the Millennium Falcon scenes inside the NuStar are just meh. But Luke voluntarily turning himself over to Vader and facing the Emperor is absolute KINO. Kinda got a Jesus surrendering to the Romans vibe from the whole thing. Even Vader being redeemed right before death correlates with one of the guys being crucified with Christ being saved right before the end.

I just like when movies draw plot points from the Bible or classic literature.

Attack of the clones is much more interesting than Episode I, thats how

Expanded Universe > V >IV > VI > I >III > II > Christmas Special > TFA/RO/TLJ

Sounds about right.

>I do wonder how much story they copied from Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi this time
A lot. They took many scenes out of context and put them in line by line. And some other were given a Shyamalan-level TWIST.

The only right answer.
V-IV deserve to be on EU-level though.

stop rating R1 in these threads you drooling retards, it's not a part of the saga.
if you put it in the list logically you also have to put Clone Wars animated movie and fucking christmas special there as well