BBC NEWS BREAKING: DISNEY BUYS 21ST CENTURY FOX

bbc.co.uk/news/business-42353545

>Walt Disney says it is to buy 21st Century Fox's entertainment assets for $52.4bn (£39bn).

>The deal includes Fox's 39% stake in satellite broadcaster Sky, and the 20th Century Fox film studio, Disney announced.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/fantastic-four-rights-disney-20th-century-fox/
thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-disney-company-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-inc-spinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>theyve bought Sky
well at least this may mean Sky will keep the disney movies for on demand, which is pretty much a shit load of their content

What kind of effects will this have?

How do you we stop the mouse?

fuck monopolies

>Fantastic 4 and Xmen in MCU

>People are unironically celebrating this

oh no

where is your god now

What are we going to do anons? Its fucked.

Convert to Islam

Walt Disney Pictures present James Cameron's Avatar 2

Trump blocked AT&T, will they block this? What's the difference in the two if not?

Monopolies are good, keep government out of the free market

I AM GROWING STRONGER

Finally. X-Men and Fantastic 4 are now part of MCU. Finally.

I'll worry when they start buying up AI companies.

>That shitposter from yesterday was right
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HOLY SHIT, WE ARE ONE STEP CLOSER INTO A DYSTOPIAN SOCIETY

Cameo in the next Avengers guaranteed.

What's that?
I can't hear you with all the dick in your mouth.

>its real

HOLY SHIT

show me where it says "free market" in the Constitution

GIMME THAT SCRIPT NOW, JIM!
HOPE THERE ARE LOTSA QUIPS!!

Why are libertarians not drowned in the bath? Surely it would be the humane thing to do?

good

whoa, disney is like the empire and stuff

We don't. Avengers vs X-Men will be kino.

Thousands and thousands of hours of Star Wars, each more climactic than the last! Constant, dizzying, twenty-four hour, yearlong, endless Star Wars! Every scene of it massively mattering to someone, presumably. Watch it all, all here, all the time, forever, it willneverstop, Star Wars is officially going on forever! It will never be finally decided who has won the battle between good and evil! There is still everything to fight for, andforeverto fight it in! So that's Star Wars! Coming up! Watch it! Watch Star Wars Watch it! Watch it! Don't miss it... Watch Star Wars! It's Star Wars!

> Hur dur it was not real free market

Dr doom vs Avengers when?

Murdoch will rule Disney in two years replacing Iger

Disney hasnt bought shit. It's Murdoch who is covertly taking over

@91523415
Not getting my (You), bitch.

Upsides
>Marvel Capeshit gets expanded
Downsides
>M O N O P O L I E S
>O
>N
>O
>P
>O
>L
>I
>E
>S
>More Marvel capeshit

>Finally. Magneto can be reduced to a poorly written background character who gets killed off after one movie and Fox can stop making movies like Logan. Finally.

>my ISP will soon be 39% owned by Disney
What the fuck, i'm almost tempted to switch now.

the fan4stic might not be part of the deal....

So when Disney reboots Alien, is Sup Forums going to be so high on memes and ideology that it'll consider it an improvement?

So who is going to start microchipping and policing actual human behavior first, Disney or Google?

>By the time I die everything on television will be a minority filled political agenda preaching about globalism and white guilt when I'm just a Slav who wants to watch good movies.
This really grinds my gears.

This isn't a merger, Disney are just buying some of Fox's assets.

>Yippiee my wife is getting fucked by a superior man, thank god for the free market.

>HELLO... I LIKE MONEY!
>OY GEYVALT
>MONEY!

I hope they allow Ridley to finish his David story desu.
Ruin the films after that

RIP DC and WB

This has been in the news for a couple weeks now.

both

according to the article in op, only Fox News and Sports were left under Fox's control

We're so fucked

doesn't have to be a merger, they bought all the entertainment divisions

They're probably next in all honesty.

The final death blow to the alien franchise.
Goodnight, sweet prince.

>Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.

Monopolies can't exist in a free market.
Monopolies only form under government interference.

Monopolies like this destroy competition. When there's no competition, there's no need to strive for quality. Journalistic integrity will go out the window, if it hasn't already. Hollywood will become a Disney cabal with an army of lawyers, ready to destroy anyone or anything that takes them on or resists absorption from the house of mouse. All those long standing IPs are going to be rebooted and mousefied.

They bought the film makers, not the IP. They'd be stupid to kick the staff and replace when they likely bought the fucking company because of Logan and shit doing well. This just means they can have cameos and a Wolverine vs Deadpool film.

slashfilm.com/fantastic-four-rights-disney-20th-century-fox/

>R rating on your Deadpool sequel? NOT A CHANCE. YOURE ALL SACKED AND WERE RESHOOTING IT WITH THE RUSSOS

The final outpost of freedom from kikery... GONE.

thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-disney-company-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-inc-spinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock/

here's disney's official statement

yeah they bought it because of some Wolverine movie lol, get a clue

i'm not trying to argue with you kid, i'm just presenting info

Watch it! It's gonna move!

Do you hate how everything Disney makes is a blatantly pushed agenda that only pictures whites as bad guys? Well expect the same from every IP and production that belonged to Fox.

>what is touchstone pictures

>America isn't an Oligarchy

>The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.

What exactly do you think a state is?

They bought that part of FOX because it made money. Why else would they have bought it? Therefore, don't fix what ain't broken.

>Disney or Google
Better question is, eventually, who's gonna buy who?

What will happen to the alien series?

The extinction of free will. We will be wrung out so badly. In creativity, free ideas, in innovation
This event just took a giant step towards a society with monopolies everywhere. In america atleast.

>the capeshit manchildren only view this in the context in muh superheroes joining le superhero universe

Disney must be laughing all the way to the bank. They don't even have to be subtle. People will just accept this because it means more quippy picture book movies.

Fuck disney own everything

anyone got the pic of Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet photoshopped into Mickey?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Deadpool 3 will likely be canned & Deadpool will be rebooted into PG-13 MCU, i guarantee it

Retarded Marvel fans will applaud it

>implying disney are worse for this shit than fox

How do you think this guy is going to accept it? He's now owned by Disney. Will the new avatar movies smell of Mouse?

So X-Men are gone too...they will get thrown in the MCU quipfest? Well at least we can have one last movie (Dark Phoenix) and the story arc has an ending (Logan)

RIP

>they'll allow capeshit to have a handicap with a higher age rating
lol

not rly m8. Stop nitpicking Wealth of Nations, pleb

>jesus
the (((american oligarchy))) doesn't give a shit about jebus

It makes a huge ass difference because the stuff they didn't buy would have made it an anti trust issue, there are plenty of studios they don't own but having two of the major news and sports outlets would have drawn the DOJ's attention

BEST

FR*CKING

DAY

EVER

Disney did R ratings, it was called Touchstone Pictures. And the netflix marvel stuff is still Disney.

>Logan was kino
>now every X-Men movie will be the same bland MCU style

Thanks Mickey

How is it not in the spirit of the free market for private individuals to be able to sell, buy or merge their companies?

Something that breaks the NAP to run a society

>massive concern about this media monopoly
>MY EXMEN AND FANTASIC 4 :DD

Comic book nerds are the real brainlets.

Fox was unironically the last goyim-controlled major entertainment producer. It no longer will be.

When?

Dark Phoenix is looking up to be garbage, fuck off.

The movie industry is getting even more diverse!
You can pick between watching a Disney™ Superhero™ Movie™ or a Disney™ Superheroine™ Movie™

Came here from Sup Forums, everyone over there is celebrating because it means the X-Men can be in the MCU.

I don't understand why people care more about comic book films than the fact that Disney is fast approaching monopoly status on childhood. It's terrifying, it's terrifying how accepting people are of this shit.

So this... is the power... of unhinged corporatism....
Whoah

Why would Disney sabotage something thats cheap and makes a truckload of money in its niche? Deadpool will be fine, of all the R rated properties its the one I'd put money on being largely untouched.

>Dark Phoenix

Oh yes, with such a talented actress as Sophie Turner I'm sure it's going to be absolute KINO.