ESSAY

So Sup Forums did you write any essay on a a comic or cartoon in college?

I need Sup Forums material to write a analytical paper, any suggestions? "

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GG19g9oiF-w
globegander.tumblr.com/post/102962248481/wirts-infernodantes-unknown-allusions-to-the
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wrote an ethics paper on how Spock was Superior to Peter.

I suggest evaluation of Omega Men or The Vision, as they have handy literary references that relate to their books' themes.

I wrote a paper on the themes, both written and visual, in Mause by Art Spiegelman.

Circles, memory, death, the relationship of children to their parents, racism, etc.

your college sounds retarded.

I wrote a paper on how words have different meanings to different cultures and ethnicity citing the spongebob Fun Song. I ended up getting an A

Back in highschool I wrote a paper on the effect Spider-Man has had on the person I grew up to be. This ended up being the thing I sent in to a bunch of colleges with my application.
I got accepted.

What is the prompt?

youtube.com/watch?v=GG19g9oiF-w
Not an essay, but I had to write a poem for an assignment (it was like 4th grade or something) and I used the poem from this episode of spongebob

That's probably true, but I am going for my Gen Ed.

I have it here.

Also, looking at theses suggestions have been helpful.

Write about superhero comics and the lack of creativity going forward in them due to interchangeable archetypes and unwillingness to explore non-traditional, non-genre narratives and structures.

My aice composition final was on Over The Garden Wall. I got a solid 95 on it

Write an essay on everything created by women being terrible because of them being intellectually inferior and inherently uncreative

Have anything in mind yet?

Wrote an essay about post-9/11 superhero movies for a film class. With screencaps and quotes, it came out to around 40 pages. Got a 100 on it.

this motherfucker was a good read
it does most of the analysis for you
pyongyang, a voyage to north korea

I wrote one on Zootopia for Psychology class last summer because it was all the rage here and I figured Sup Forums wouldn't mind helping me.

They didn't, and I was forced to do it alone with the added frustration of being brushed off.

>that much wiggle room in subject
>only five pages minnimum

Just pick something you personally enjoy and go to town OP. Open up the Wikipedia article on your subject and use their sources to put in your paper. Boom, you just bullshitted an easy A.

How'd it go?

A few, I was thinking if I'm cutting on time then I could reuse a Alice in wonderland paper I wrote earlier.

I was considering Avatar the last Airbender, and looking at some the mythology behind it or inspiration.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame was also one, about society and beauty, or the power or religion.

A monster in Paris maybe? Maybe as a last resort, I'm sure I could write about society or something.

One idea I had was to write about sexualization of cartoons and comics, since my teacher seems to dig into those type of topics.

>Open up the Wikipedia article on your subject and use their sources to put in your paper.

This right here. I never got why I seemed to be the only one to realize this incredibly easy method. It makes papers a breeze.

watchmen
It's such a beautiful day
jimmy corrigan: the smartest boy on earth
American pop
Fritz the cat
Bojack horseman
the prince of egypt
Maus
The killing joke
last day of freedom
Persepolis
the other side
I think you could make a decent analytical essay with any of these, though some would lend themselves ti the prompt better than others. Get cracking

>"analyzing" cartoons is qualifies as education in America
Might as well just write the word "nigger" 8000 times. Would be just as valuable.

No. And I find the concept of elevating ones casual hobbies and taste in entertainment to the subject of academic study to be rather... distasteful. Closed-minded even.

I'm sure your new-wave education has taught you to glorify your personalized background, but to be quite frank, you just haven't earned it yet. In order to give an enlightened perspective on an unorthodox subject, you must first be enlightened. Enlightened by history, by classical literature, by analytic thought, by all the things that you're expected to be writing topics on rather than whatever you most recently watched in your spare time.

I did alright, but it would've been so much easier with the help of the overly fanatic people here, especially since it was somewhere around five pages long. I repeated and reworded a lot of things to help make the limit. Yknow, the usual.

I'm in complete agreement, however I wonder, would it be different if OP has the intent of analyzing something that was intended to elevate the medium of comics and cartoons into something with artistic merit in mind. Kind of like how film can be differentiated as art and entertainment. That way it wouldn't just be a commentary on a favorite series, but rather an analysis of a piece of art? (ex. I wouldn't think it appropriate to assign an essay on the latest marvel movie, but would think an essay on Das boot would be worthwhile)

Nobody thinks you're educated, Sup Forums

I did a research essay last semester on Racial Diversity in cartoons, basically a history of how cartoons went from shitting on niggers and nips to recent stuff made by or for other cultures.

It got me an A and since I turned it for the early due date, I got to spend the rest of the semester out of English class.

I am just wondering what careers people in this thread took. I feel sorry for your parents.

No.

If you actually choose something, make it a short/one-shot.

It'll make things much easier.

I was going to make one about portrayal of homeless people in comics, but I was lacking some academic sources for that.

There's a bunch of online college journals regarding Sup Forums material. Go check your own
campus library for some inspiration.

I wrote this:

globegander.tumblr.com/post/102962248481/wirts-infernodantes-unknown-allusions-to-the

No

>I feel sorry for your parents.
You really should