America #1 - 43,592

>America #1 - 43,592
Can't wait until the April sales figures come in because that drop is going to be hard and fast. As a comparison, Unstoppable Wasp debuted with around 37,000 in sales and was down to 16,000 by the next issue.

For another comparison, Hawkeye debuted at 70,000 in December, dropped like a rock to 27,000 in January (don't know what variants/overshipping shit they did with that book in December) and as of issue 4 last month is at 17,000.

America's likely going to be in the 22,000-26,0000 range for issue 2 and will drop probably drop below 20,000 with issue 3. It'll probably be down to 15,000 by issue 4 and may even be down to that number by issue 3 depending on the drop for issue 2. So when does America get cancelled or does it limp along selling nothing for reasons like Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl and Lethcat did for a while?

On the bright side, after dipping down to 31,000 in February, Renew Your Vows is up to 37,000 in March so it's probably going to settle into the mid-30,000s with some variation here and there of a few thousand so it's pretty healthy.

They claim the book sold out enough for reprints. I'm scared guys.

Thanks OP, we really needed another America thread. I've been trying to get one off the ground for the longest time, but it just seems like nobody on this board is interested in discussing the comic.

Its mostly shit, too bad, I like her design, but I can't stand her personality.

Kek. At least OP did some research for this one.

Read Ultimates2, then.

In all honesty America is such a trainwreck of a comic and a really good example of something to hold up as everything wrong with current Marvel along with Unstoppable Wasp. It's something that should have a permanent place on this board that people can point to.

Samefagging but those two and Thunderbolts really.

>being angry at things you shouldn't read

Every day, on Sup Forums!

comic books

>being angry at things you don't read

ftfy

I just want to give OML a tube of lip moisturizer.

Can someone storytime this? I want to read it again.

seconded

What's with the people complaining about about threads making fun of this comic? It's like they don't want us to enjoy ourselves

awesome, lets make a pact to never have an America thread ever again afterwards

>Holy menstruation!

Weren't they giving issues away for free online? I remember some user posting a link.

Comixology had the first issue free for digital download.

Comixology had it for free for a while, yeah.

How did you get that from this thread?

Everyone over orders on #1. The story is what keeps the people coming. Too bad a lot of the stories are sh%^

>They claim the book sold out enough for reprints

So did Faith. All that means is that they initially printed fuck all.

Marvel was also giving this away for free in digital sales. The orders for #2 must have been terrible. They will probably overship it

>kekwing
Nah, fuck off

>Shit taste detected
Yeah, fuck off.

America, Unstoppable Wasp, Thunderbolts, Champions and Ghost Rider are each a good example for what is wrong with Marvel right now, each for different reasons.

what's wrong with wasp, tbolts, and ghost rider?

YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN YAAAAAAS

Marvel does not seem to know who the target audience if Wasp/TBolts/Ghost Rider is or only has a half-assed understanding of the target audience at best.

Both TBolts and Ghost Rider were heavily marketed to oldschool TBolts and Robbie fans, yet the actual books marginalized the title characters which understandably pissed of the people it was initially marketed to.
Wasp meanwhile seems to be aimed at kids on the surface but the language is way too complex for young children and the writing puts it more into a neither fish or fowl category similiar to Hellcat, missing the mark where it only really appeals to a certain kind of wo/manchild.

The art on Wasp is...okay, while the art on TBolts and Ghost Rider are clusterfucks, and neither of those books ever developed a clear direction or hook. Basically you are left wondering who this is even for.

The art on wasp has featureless paintbucket backgrounds. That's web comic tier art.

>They will probably overship it
No probably about it, they announced they were not overshipping #2 not long after #1 came out.

There is a lot of web comic tier art right now at Marvel. A lot of them can't even do competent layouts or panel compositions.

>On the bright side, after dipping down to 31,000 in February, Renew Your Vows is up to 37,000 in March
>Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #4 31,750
>Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #5 37,508
What caused the bump? X-Men weren't in it until this weeks #6 so it couldn't have been them. So I assume it was just free overships and not stores actually ordering more which is a shame.

>a trainwreck of a comic
>a trainwreck of a company
Well, duh.

#2 had free copies go to retailers if they ordered X% of #1. I know my retailer got a bunch of free copies. So those numbers will be higher.

And yes, it's gone 2nd printing, but that is not a surprise as most stores order conservatively nowadays and Diamond runs out of stuff for re-orders, so Marvel prints another thousand copies or so for 2nd print.

You really can't judge a comic's numbers until issue #3 (if there are no shenanigans with overships).

I suspect it will get at least one arc (#6) possibly 2 (#10 or #12) but hopefully not as it's been terrible.

Holy Menstruation, it's like fat necbeards can't have enough of diversity!

Why are you triggered so much by this comics.
Most of you hate America Chavez anyway, you should be happy that she is used as a containment comics for a terrible creative team.

That cover art makes it look like she is damn near 40. Terrible.

fucking land

Marvel has already learned that diversity doesn't sell. Don't worry, within a year we'll be back so nothing but white males, tokens, and women who only exist to serve as cheesecake, just like the good old days.

>I suspect it will get at least one arc (#6) possibly 2 (#10 or #12) but hopefully not as it's been terrible.

I'm expecting either this or Iceman will get dragged for 2 arcs purely so they can enter them in LGBT awards.

I think America is the last remnant of their "diversity push" they were trying, after seeing everything do poorly, but it was still in the pipeline.

Iceman, not as sure about that one. I'm not happy about Iceman being gay now either, but do like that he's getting a solo book. I suspect it will mostly be about him being gay though.

Was this book sitting on a shelf for 10 years? References to my chemical romance and 5th element? What the fuck were they thinking? Somehow a woman nominated to the Supreme Court just a couple years ago has her name attached to a university? Not even as Chief Justice. Breaking up with her girlfriend who doesn't want to move across the country then leaving through her teleportation power. That might be one of the dumbest things ever written.

What i saw here on Sup Forums was baffling.

Sure why not.

truly you are a gxd among mxn

>storytiming it again

This

The end

I keep thinking that baby leash is just an edit

so did Unstoppable Wasp.

>On the bright side, after dipping down to 31,000 in February, Renew Your Vows is up to 37,000 in March so it's probably going to settle into the mid-30,000s with some variation here and there of a few thousand so it's pretty healthy.

Almost every title had bumps, Marvel overshipped again. You can see on double shipping books how the next issue goes back to the numbers from the month before.

Holy fuck. One page in and I can already tell this is going to be shit.

And this isn't helping.

oh it's gonna get SO MUCH BETTER

it such a shame this is only monthly

America is such a terrible character, I'd honestly speculate Ultimates2 would be doing better in sales if she wasn't in it.

So this is photoshopped right?
Please tell me this is photoshopped.
Because this reads like a Tumblr OC's backstory.

If Marvel sinks any lower they'll need to rename the company Titanic.