Trollbait or not, it has a point

Trollbait or not, it has a point.

Gumball is the exception it was made by a frenchman who had been in the industry far longer, and went to a different school of art.

>comparing cartoons spanning at least 9 different decades to cartoons from a single 5-year period
There's a point to be had, but this image does not have it.

>having cartoons from the 50's and 60's intermingled with newer stuff.

if you're serious have some rocko's modern life, ed, edd, and eddy, and MLAATR in there,

I too wish for a time where Hannah Barbera ruled all and there was at least 5 Scobby Doo knock-offs airing at any given moment.

Star, Steven, Gumball, Clarence, Dipper, Steven After Not Surviving.

it still has a shitty art style made out of bean shapes???

>cartoons are only good if they're repulsively ugly for no reason!

Go to bed, John K.

Lol, I can cherrypick too!

CALARTS
A
L
A
R
T
S

>Cartoons then.
>Hand drawn, frame by frame.

>Cartoons now.
>Export flash and tween.

fuck off.

John K was a fucking mistake

tweening can be funny

>Sinister Six

>Thinking Sam Jack is a good example.
OneyG makes better shit then that, you have just been tricked by good art direction.

It is still CalArts shit

gennedy worked on the PPG. you are basically comparing two shows by the same artist.

The top panel are images compiled with over 6 decades worth of contents while the bottom feature series not even 5 years apart, and is forgetting the amount visual diversity, especially in Gumball, delivered though other characters in the series. No, it doesn't have a point at all.

i saved an oldie

maybe, it represent of modern cartoons for this day, as in this today or this decade just sayin.

I mean aside the Watterson Family, unless TAWOG characters has own different varieties of art styles. So it's not lazy designs.

>cartoons then
90% furfaggotry
>cartoons now
25% furfaggotry

I'd say they've improved.

How do you balance your cartoon to not be too CALARTS or John K?

People still post this even though gumball has never made that face.

It's not even bait it's just shitposting.

inb4 someone posts Hanna-Barbera to try and prove a point

I think they realized that which is why season 5 Jack looks drastically different.

Yes he has? Are you retarded?

i cannot separate a "artistic choice" from a cancerous lifestyle/fanbase

that like saying i hate sofas because i saw a guy fucking one once

No they did not.

Also this.

>Hamtaro and Little fucking Nemo on the right
You're really lacking in the subtlety dept. you know that Famicom?

>Avatar
>Jack
>Bad color

W hat

This trollbait is so lame. Anyone who has watched any of the below shows knows that not a single one of the below images is actually taken from any official screencap or promo art from the shows. That they needed to contort new drawings of the recent shows to make the point shows there was never a point at all. (aside from rustling jimmies)

That is a very distinctly different drawing from the one in the post

Avatar did have some fucking awful coloring. It was just horribly bland to look at half the time.

Sup Forums 2010-2013- I FUCKING HATE NOODLES!
Sup Forums present day - I FUCKING HATE BEANS!

Very sophisticated design tastes

Brown, gray, pink and purple are terrible colors to put in a cartoon.

Remember what Miyazaki said.

>"Illustration from the late 1800s up through the middle of the 20th century was absolutely amazing. In general, American culture was at its highest skill wise in every aspect of human life in the 1940s. It’s all been downhill since then. You just open an old magazine from the 1930s and ’40s and look at the illustrations in it. There’s nobody alive that could touch the way they could draw back then. In old movies, the cinematography is a thousand times better than anything today. Writing, a thousand times better. You buy any book on color theory today and it’s just complete poppycock. Everybody comes out of school painting pink, purple, and green. The whole damn cartoon industry has pink, purple, and green on their mind."

>"Those are the colors of Cutie Honey. Most cartoons are those colors. They have been for many years. Until Cagliostro made that change. Cagliostro changed it, Toshihiko Masuda perfected it. And then there’s been some shows that have followed Masuda’s lead, like Tiny Toon Adventures which has absolutely beautiful color."

>"If you’re a kid wanting to be a cartoonist today, and you’re looking at The Legend of Korra, you don’t have to aim very high. You can draw Korra when you’re 10 years old. You don’t have to get any better than that to become a professional cartoonist. The standards are extremely low. Same as in illustration. Not very many people can draw who are illustrators today, compared to the early 20th century."

Both had excellent coloring.

And yet the post considers Hamtaro an example of "good" coloring when it's barely much better.

Well it is though.

Hamtaro had a very wide use of color, just look at Laura's room and see that it has excellent coloring.

Cheked

The Miyakazi that poignantly explained how the death of 2d animation shouldn't be mourned because art styles come and go but art itself remains forever has since become a crochety "THINGS WERE BETTER IN MY DAY, YOU LITTLE FUCKS" old man who dubbed CG mocap as an insulting abomination that mocked his crippled friends.

So, him telling children that they don't have to aim very high smacks more of how far he's fallen as a human being.

TMSfag is a kiddy fiddler, pass it on.

Looks like typical animu bedroom #989248910

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen. Somebody made this.

It must be a hellish existence to constantly worry about something so inconsequential as cartoons with animals, user.

I like adult women you idiot.
No, he is talking about coloring and how badly Mir fucked up the industry more then what Filmation did, and Mir is the only studio outside of Japan that is even trying any more.

This picture doesn't even make sense.
The four on top are from the same company, so of course it's gonna have sameface (not really an excuse but still) whereas the four on the bottom are from different creators.

Pretty much all modern anime look the same too but weebs on Sup Forums defend it.

I'm just talking about coloring, Laura's room stands out as much as the rooms of Bart & Lisa.
It's not stupid, it's intelligent.

Case in point, Only TMS & Toei stand out.

Well which is it? Is it obvious that they're going to have sameface because they're from the same company, or is that not an excuse?

D-did you make it?
Are you the dummy?

>It's not stupid, it's intelligent
Not the guy you're responding to, but aside from being largely subjective, many of the "bad" scenes are either using color for specific effect (realism in the case of both Avatar shots, concert lighting for the Jetsons, or sharp contrast for Jack).

Anime is far superior anyway

No & no.

Anyone who watches digital anime is retarded anyways

>"Anime is superior"
>Posts competently done picture of an underaged girl with a completely inhuman-looking face flaunting her breasts

>Miyazaki
Haha no

It's not supposed to. It's a joke.

>All those Gibhli Samefaces
Weebs will defend this

Furfaggotry didn't exist until the 80's

Debunked, Those are colors you never use in cartoons.

This

Famicom64 loves little girls, pass it on.

>furfaggotry didn't exist until the 80s
then explain the looney tunes faggot

NO! I like adult women.

Show Teodora is better

>Look at pic related
>Look at those bland colors
>Unlike my superior chinese computer colored toons

Please, no.

Not furries, they're funny animals and Laura Haruna is the human version of that.

Fucking Hanna-Barbera

kek

TMSfag has a police record, pass it on.

oh look, another terrible thread on Sup Forums

Just throw yourself into a time portal and leave this world, please?

>cherry picking looney toons
Kek

Gravity Falls and Steven Universe (like most korean animated shows) are hand drawn and inked (only the compositing with the backgrounds and coloring is digital)

same goes for roughly half of the season 2 star vs episodes

Most of the cartoons on the right were colored with cels and most of them were made in Japan (the middle one with Bugs & Taz was made in Taiwan).

Also theres is nothing wrong with digital ink and paint.

>digital ink and paint.
hell most of the time with korean studios it's only the paint that's digital, not the inking

IMO this picture would be correct if the good and bad labels were reversed. The images on the right seem extremely childish, in large part because of the colors used.

Don't you have some lolis to molest, Famicom64?

So there are at least two people who don't think this is the dimmest thing ever. I guess I can live with that.

>gravity falls
>flash and tweening

No I do not.
Ed Benedict & Dick Bickenbach were excellent, it's only when Joe Ruby, Ken Spears and Iwao Takamoto took over the company is when they jumped over the shark, it was so bad that John K had to fix it with his Jetsons reboot because Bill & Joe wanted their studio fixed.

this episode made me feel things, sinful things

You probably think La Fontaine's fables are furfaggotry too, dipshit.

Famicom64 is a compulsive liar and has denied the Holocaust on several known occasions, pass it on.

No.
No.
That is a lie and you know it, the right has a excellent pallet when the left is abysmal.
No both are digital.

while I also disagree with who you're replying to that's a smear frame (a halmark of frame by frame animation which only good-looking tweened shows use)

Famicom64 worships Hitler, pass it on.

NOOOOOOO!!

the first 5 lines look like they all belong to the same generic anime. the other lines are okay, there's samefaces but they belong to the same company/animators so I guess that's the style they were going for on purpose, like hanna barbera levels of sameface.

No I'm not, If there is a compulsive liar it's the folks over at 2Ch and the Holocaust is real, otherwise Fanta would of never exist.

No I do not.

Look at pic related. It's around the same time period and movement, but there's a big difference.

It all depends on what the artist wants o make.

Why can't you just admit that Tiny Tune Adventures isn't anime, that it was only select episodes that were animated in Japan?