Why do people say this moment was "cringey"?

Why do people say this moment was "cringey"?

I didn't feel cringe at all. It was a very Steven thing to do, and made complete sense in the episode.

Does it bother you when a girl acts boyish and wears boy clothes? If not then what is it about a boy acting feminine that threatens you?

I just cringed

because it's Steven Universe

The entire show is cringey.

It was cringey because it hammers home what a fag this kid is.

I for one thought it was cute and funny

(U+0055)

>it's a townie episode
PURE FUCKING CRINGE

>cringe
>cringey

How to spot an underagedb&

Steven was completely in the wrong in this episode, being just like Sadie's mother and pushing their interests onto her without little regard for her opinion on the matter.

So when Sadie finally forces open communication and Steven looks to resolve the matter, I felt this scene should have gone full on parodic embarassment for Steven. The whole crowd should have laughed and jeered before finally just cheering for Steven and his confidence. I think there must have been some issues that caused them to hold back on this mean-spirited direction and the final result was just a bland borderline-parody moment for Steven with no consequences except for us, the audience, having to watch this drivel.

Of course some people loved this scene anyway because Steven was crossdressing, even though it shouldn't have been portrayed in a good light for Steven after what he did to Sadie before.

>the audience didn't laugh at the sight
my family would've either laughed at that clown or be disgusted and leave

Cringe=threatening.

Right.

That's why people feel so scared of CWC.

Your family would laugh at an 8 year old boy in a talent show?

That's a bit fucked up yo

>Steven realizes he fucked up by pushing Sadie
>Does the thing we was pushing her to do to humiliate himelf as compensation
Why does everyone act like this was some trans thing instead of Steven doing a crossdressing joke at his own expense and the town people not really giving him shit because they know him well

well he didn't seem very humiliated by it

which makes sense for Steven. He's never been overly concerned with appearing masculine, which means he's a lot healthier mentally than most of Sup Forums

The Beachapalooza two years ago had Steven perform naked. If anything that was a step up.

You're a fucking degenerate. Quit fucking posting on my board.

>annoying protagonist cross dresses

I mean he's also fat. The outfit just highlights how disgusting he is

He's like the lowest qualification for fat.

>cartoon fat guy crossdresses
Nothing new there either.

Stop thinking of American as the norm for body weight. It's the land of obese.

>This is what beaners actually think about their children

>It's an American cartoon set in America.
I'd say it's fitting desu.

>Steven is the lowest qualification for fat.
You mean Lars.

Every time someone tries to sing its "cringey"

/thread

It's terrible, nothing more and nothing less. I don't endorse propaganda

He's not fat at all. Just has a sort of chubby belly compared to his mostly skinny body.

stupid ass episode about a mom caring too much and she being the bad guy just because her stupid ass daughter doesn't know how to speak up

and, again, the problem is that her mom loves her waaaay too much, fuck Sadie!

She is also a fucking rapist and a psycho, Sadie is the WORST character by far

This

>He's never been overly concerned with appearing masculine, which means he's a lot healthier mentally than most of Sup Forums

most of Sup Forums is not masculine either.

You sound like that people that think that the original Ghostbusters somehow was a testosterone fueled movie and that needed a feminist version to compensate

If Steven wasn't such a beefcake, this scene would have immediately gone into Sup Forums's pedo trap spank bank. It'd share a space with Gumball, Shezow, Marco, Tim Drake, Secret Squirrel, etc.

You're right, I should be fair and judge this more intricately.

My mother and father would have looked at this child, this hideous fat child dressed in girl's clothes and mascara, screeching some vapid banal pop song on stage, and smiled politely. An uncomfortable smile, sure, but a courteous one as even the most misguided children deserve the chance to express themselves sometimes. They would have scanned the area for the sad thing's parents and found their biases completely, utterly affirmed as they noted the jiggling little autist was "parented" by none other than three women, all of whom look exactly like the most radical liberal's idea of what "breaks conventional attractiveness" and other meaningless nonsense. They wouldn't look very long however (they know how clinically insane those sorts of people are) and would applaud lardo's homosexual ode to the gradual decay of society and the cancerous culture that birthed both him and his guardians, as that is the appropriate thing to do until it becomes legal to gas such people. Then they would have gone home to their pleasant house and satisfying jobs, where they have money stored away and modest entertainment and a child with a similar life because he does not watch subversive childrens' cartoons made by the people so ugly even homosexuality isn't an option for them.

I thought it was cute and really nice of Steven.

you mean niggers right, because either you don't live near them in the city or you're one yourself.

That belly is made of fat. That's the lowest qualifier for being fat.

>My parents would be tolerant and supportive of gender expressions that differ from their aesthetic preferences.

They sound like degenerates.

Having fat is not the same as being fat. By that logic, everyone's fat.

I tried watching this show but I cringe all the time. the singing annoys me a lot, and so does some of the dialogue.
I cringe a little at Adventure Time's singing, but never as much as with this.

Are you 13?

This show is literally gay as fuck and I will never let my kids or little siblings watch it

Having enough fat that it accumulates into a noticeable belly is fat.

>never let my kids or little siblings watch it

I don't think you have to worry too much about that. From what I've seen, a lot of kids voluntarily won't watch Steven Universe because they find it to be boring as balls.

Not so much when the rest of your body is incredibly scrawny.

That's skinny fat. It affects tons of people in the US.

So it's normal.

I bet you thought you could just slip in quietly and poison this thread with your inflammatory opinions, didn't you?

Yeah in America, but it's still fat. Fat people should strive to be healthier and lose the extra weight.

i know dude conservatism is so hip right now

How's your tin foil hat fitting these days, user?

Didn't read, calm your autism, jesus christ.