Has there ever been an instance of a superhero fighting someone and just completely overestimating the guy's strength...

Has there ever been an instance of a superhero fighting someone and just completely overestimating the guy's strength and accidentally killing him? Because you'd think that happens all the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/What_If?_Spider-Man_Vs._Wolverine_Vol_1_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The only example that immediately comes to mind for me is when Wonder Woman kills Huntress in the Injustice comics.

It would only happen in a story designed to show the hero as incompetent. Like I'm not sure it happened in Manhunter but it's the kind of shit that would happen to Kate.

It happened plenty of times. Especially in "I thought he had powers like me" type situations.

Of course it happened in Invincible cause that's where all this cool shit happens.

I'm pretty sure Batman accidentally killed a lot of people with all those flying kicks to the face.

Spider-man accidentally killed a women when her armor was powered down.

What about instances when the superhero THINKS this happened, and is horrified at it? Like Robin in the TT movie, for example...

Didn't that happen to Superboy Prime?

Superboy prime

Oh no, the shameless rapist(?) is dead. How tragic.

That happened to Superbro in the New 52

He thought he lost control and murdered Dr. Light during a Standard Good Guy Fight ™ and immediately was like "Oh, God. Everybody, time out! I call time out!"

The fuck? How do you trip on a bush?

>grabs him by the dick

That's pretty gay, desu.

How the helol did he manage to do that

Ultimate Kraven got fucked because of this

There's nothing more tragicomic than when a character dies a pointless death and you can see the "But... why...?" in their face before they keel over

all super powers in the biys universe come from some chemical, he got some better stuff than the guy he pucnhed

I figure that the experienced heroes probably start on the low setting for just that reason and dial it up the bigger the threat is.

Is that a de-aged Superman?

Are you serious? You've never tripped on a bush?

Why are they being such fucking ass holes though?

It's Superboy Prime

He never raped anyone

>tfw you have to go to anime just to get a proper deconstruction of what Superman is actually like

racist.

He tried to kill all the Teen Titans and also he helped end the world. Also he keeps telling everyone they aren't real superheroes and he's a real superhero. Everyone hates Superboy Prime cause he's a massive fuck

Did those things happen before or after that page?

>Has there ever been an instance of a superhero fighting someone and just completely overestimating the guy's strength and accidentally killing him?
SpOck splatters a mugger, and realizes how Peter's been pulling his punches for so long with all the times they've fought

He fit the profile.

OPM is shit and boring.
Mob Psycho 100 is 100 times better.
It's also one of the most intelligent shows out there within it's simplicity, and it's full of positive messages.

I haven't read the comic, and one of the lines was "I'll get your mom." Context made it sound rapey or murdery.

>I haven't read the comic
Then read shit instead of assuming.

there's also that panel where Molly from Runaway's punches the Punisher and nearly kills him because she thought he had superpowers.

What was the news they had to tell superman in this picture?

That he's dying.

he's dying

you should probably read ASS at some point

found the power level faggot.

A personal favorite, the chemistry between Logan and Peter even in the most harrowing scenario is what makes it, not per your exact specifications OP but close enough.

Besides Superboy Prime, is there a case of that happening from a villain to a hero?

Immediately thought of Prime. He's pretty horrified by it too

I'm a sucker for Peter and Logan team-ups. Where's this from and recommend any others?

>Where's this from
What if? Spider-Man vs Wolverine
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/What_If?_Spider-Man_Vs._Wolverine_Vol_1_1

It was explained somewhere, I forget where, that Superman always lets his foes get the first punch to gauge how much he should pull his punches.

i dunno i heard it was pretty crappy

What is this from?

Infinite Crisis, probably the main book since it looks like Jimenez

Spider-Man overestimated Gwen's neck strength once.

Don't superheroes typically hold back? Like, a lot?

Oooooh SNAP!

All-Star Superman.

Oh, whoops, disregard =3

oh come on
dont leave us hanging there
what is the bad news?
what does the next page say?

>Snyderverse Superman is actually just Superboy Prime

Cancer

This is something I hate about comics. I don't want heroes to be total edge lords but the idea they are constantly holding back really saps any tension.

>Superman is dying of shitposting.

You could think of it in a way that perhaps one day they'll snap and just go all out because of a bad day or whatever. Don't think about it as powerlevel and more as emotional stability.

That's nothing, I heard the fucker voted for Trump

I mean, he didn't die, but if she hit him any harder, he probably would have,

Not quite what you're looking for, but Arrow Season 2 had a great scene where Slade, after first getting his powers, is dumbfounded when he punches through a guy's sternum. Astro City has a story that features a story about a superhero accidentally killing someone and it's a major part of the backstory in Common Grounds.

It's a good comic. The context is that guy had the ability to portal to other universes and decided to gather a bunch of versions of himself and become a super genius with there combined knowledge. To help build his combiner he used a pair of super villains, a guy who specializes in cloning, to build his machine. The hero of the comic attacks during the boot process and ruined everything.

He comes back and tries to ruin and kill the hero.

Reminder that Nu52 Superman is magnitudes stronger than All-Star overcharged Superman, and that Aquaman was able to rattle his jaw.

Same Aquaman who's menaced by a normie in diving armor.

But that still means that they are never really in any danger. Because at any point they could just stop holding back if they wanted to.

I hate you.

>manta
>normie

Manta is a god spite. He makes AM's hatred look like a childish tantrum.

I would give DC all of my money for that to happen.

Why is it that the only people I've found who love Mob Psycho are people who either hate or misunderstand OPM? Seriously, I don't really get it.

Of course the problem with Superman consistently being strong enough to shove the Moon around is that he ought to be able to catapult launch anyone he punches out of the Solar System.

But it's not like anyone in the DC editorial pool finished High School, let alone the writing staff.

I remember when Larry Niven wrote an issue of Green Lantern, actually came up with an original idea for use of the ring, and of course it was never addressed again. Then later some hack made all the rings work on emotion-monster magic.

How the fuck can someone weight earth? Do DC writers understand how gravity works?

Otto knocked someone's jaw clean off in Superior Spider-Man not knowing how much Peter holds back.

Which is ironic, given that repeated concussions from Pete's fists are part of why he was dying to begin with.

it literally says it's not possible on that page, chill out

With mechanical tension. Not all lifting has to be in opposition to gravity. Other forces can be involved you unimaginative troglodyte.

>Manta is a god spite.
If I read your shitty phone-posting correctly, I'd like to point out that Luthor has been doing it better and longer than Manta, The Monarch is far better at it than Manta.
I don't know where the meme that Manta is a great villain came from, but like 100% of Aquaman's rogues he's complete shit.

A negro with advanced Scuba technology and a Submarine. Aquaman's biggest concern should be not accidentally crippling his gear and the ocean itself killing him.

A joke villain for a joke hero.

No it's actual cancer

I'd advocate reposting that collage of Black Manta's most spiteful moments, but
>A joke villain for a joke hero.
this guy is clearly just baiting.

I like both but Mob resonates with me a lot more. I mean, I get OPM but I'm at the "working out to improve myself" phase of life too.

The bigger issue is that in either case someone has fabricated materials capable of transferring the entire weight of the planet through a man-sized device.

Again, not a real issue when it's written by people just making shit up.

Luthor is easily as spiteful as Manta, and he's actually been in non-shit comics.
Advantage = Luthor.

>OPM is a deconstruction

I want this meme to die.

Is that a Hellcat hat? Why would Hellcat have nerch in universe?

Republican's don't vote when dead.
That's democrats.

Spider-man i guess
He punched Oct so many times it destroyed his body to the point of comatose

Because her old adventures have been retconned into a comic in-universe that her Mom published about her. Her public identity is well known and she's more of a low-tier celebrity than an actual hero.

And this is where everything started kids...

One-Punch Man is a satire of various heroic tropes.
Mob Psycho 100 is just a satire of the specific psychic kid/ghost hunter genre.

OPM has a broader range of material to draw from, and when it's attempting to be serious is actually an entertaining superhero comic.

MP100 draws from shit that's been rehashed and played for humor just too many damn times, and when it tries to be heavy or serious ends up being a substandard entry in the genre.

Wait, Hellcat is now cosplaying after a fake character her mom published? What?

Geez does everytime spidy and wolverine team up Spider-man ends up killing someone?

What are you talking about? This is from way before the current Hellcat series, it's not recent.

>Beat a man to death who was threatening your mother
>Feel bad about it afterwards

Why?

He was still playing hero back then.
Comic heroism taught him that you don't kill the Joker, no matter how many Cub Scouts he kills with poison.

Her mother made a comic about a little girl named Patsy Walker based off the real Patsy Walker in universe.

Hellcat is still her superhero identity but she doesn't have a secret identity...well she did in that old mini where she went to Alaska but some of her new stuff makes it seem like her identity is public same with some older stuff from the 90s.

It's not a meme...it's true.

It just happens to be both a deconstruciton and a good shounen

Rogue accidentally kills a recently resurrected Zombie Grim Reaper in the first Vol of Uncanny Avengers because she overestimated his strength

Because only try-hard hipsters love MP. It's the Fedora's Mask of anime.

It's not a deconstruction. It's a parody at most but sometimes it plays it very straight as a shonen. And it's not even a parody of Superman, there are plenty of overpowered heroes in Japanese media.