Where the fuck did the New Republic go? The First Order blew up five planets and a single fleet...

Where the fuck did the New Republic go? The First Order blew up five planets and a single fleet. Where is everything else? Why is the First Order seemingly in control of the galaxy, and only opposed by literally a dozen people at the end of the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Disarmament_Act
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The New Republic decided to disband 99% of it's fleet anyway, so it wouldn't be any help (yes this is real)

Why was the Galactic Empire fucked into surrender after Jakku? It's as if nuWars is even more minimalist than the worst of Legends!

Why in the absolute FUCK would they disband their fleet? When they KNOW there are fanatical remnants of the Empire out there actively scheming, planning, and waiting for the opportunity to take back the galaxy? What a bunch of retards. They deserved it

So there was a reason to make a new Rebellion so the writers didn't have to do as much work is literally the only reason

so we can have rebels vs empire again

I'm just about done

Because JJ has no idea about galactic scale

LMAO WORLDBUILDING IS CONFUSING

"Ah yes, the First Order. The remnants of the Empire allegedly massing forces in the unknown regions of the galaxy. We have dismissed that claim."

>no hoverhand

Those were the fucking days, I bet you cant even pose with cosplayers at comic-con now.

lol

Guy in the pic is alpha as fuck.

What did you expect? Star Wars has no timetravel but they had to make it a reboot somehow.

It was 90%

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Disarmament_Act

Mon Mothma's first act as Chancellor was to get rid of the military so there could never be another war

Let's all thank her!

brilliant

So she's now canonically retarded?

>VIRGIN BAD
>CHAD GOOD
Holy shit, kill yourself

>get rid of the military so there could never be another war
*inhales* has never been more appropriate

because Snek kickstarted a goyfundme and the progressive #notallimperials hashtag

There's a lot of stupid shit in the EU tho

>If we disband our entire army, there won't be another war

I suppose she's right. There wouldn't be a war. There'd be a fucking slaughter. How on earth did anyone think this was a good idea? Even if you've disbanded your own army, all you've done is left yourself defenseless so that fanatical imperials could simply walk in an take it over again. This makes the entire OT for absolutely nothing

I was gonna say no politician is stupid enough to believe that...

this is an idea that they keep pushing in the series "the clone wars".

It was as retarded then as it is now.

This. The only possible way you can do Star Wars is to copy the fuck out of the OT, especially if your writing's being done by a committee of braindead libtards more concerned with inserting purple-haired lesbian Allahu Akbars into the plot than writing a good story.

Just copypasta the fuck out of the OT, reverse or otherwise destroy the character development on the OT characters, and come hell or high water, make damn sure the "Resistance" are the underdogs, because that's the only way a libtard can relate to them. Fuck creativity or imagination or anything that smacks of originality.

They could have given us something cool, something that actually expandz the universe, like introducing an outside threat that the Republic and the Imperial Remnant had to join forces to fight, but I guess that sounds too much like a brand new space epic. Fuck that. Just recycle the OT in the most nonsensical and unimaginitive way possible. It's the Disney thing to do.

As someone who never read much of the EU, the external threat from another galaxy (Yuzang Vohn or something?) is the only way forward I can think of which isn't just rehashing jedi vs sith again from the OT and PT.

I've never read any of it. That was just off the top of my head, which just goes to show that a random asshole on thd internet like me has better, more original ideas than the fucktards writing Nu Wars.

Disney hires hacks (or what is more likely meddles so much so that the execs are in full creative control) who throw away any semblance of worldbuilding in favour of action. Their new planets have zero personality and character, they don't feel like planets at all, rather isolated decorations to host action scenes. They are fine with leaving major events or character development off screen or offload them to second rate comics and novelizations. What Disney wants in the new trilogy is pure action with a Star Wars feel to it, not a massive and intriguing universe that constantly expands, like Lucas envisioned. Forgive us, George.

without defending Disney, the OT planets were boring as fuck too
Agree with the rest though

I recently rewatched OT and this is not the case. Every planet is more fleshed out that anything Disney has presented. In case of Tatooine, we learn about local trades like moisture farming, indigenous population (sand people, jawas), Mos Eisley was a cool location with a specific feel to it. And it's just one planet in ANH, most of them have A LOT more than the new trilogy gives us about their new planets. Some of it is just insulting, like introducing the capital of the Republic and immediately blowing it up.

Was it rape?

I love how they just dismiss the biggest political entity if the galaxy in the opening crawl and 40 sec footage in TFA

With all the nonsense that is going on they might as well add timetravel, call it ForceTravel which only very evil big bad siths can use. Stupid enough for the nu-wars

New Republic = European Union
First Order = ISIS

Well compared to the prequel planets, but we know that's just Lucas-teir autism. To the guy's credit he makes this shit pop-out but its not what normies and most star wars fans wanted.

> reading Legacy with Chad Skywalker right now

I am surprised by how good it works as a substitute to the new trilogy.

The settings were probably the best part of the PT (aside from the soundtrack but I guess that wasn't really anything to do with George)
The underwater Gungan city, the Jedi Temple and Senate building, that water planet where they found the clones were all pretty awesome looking.

In any other non-Disney fictional (or real for that matter) world, she would have been removed in a military coup simply for entertaining such an idea in her mind

Mon Mothma is a canonical autist now I guess

>implying this isn't how women think
If we pass laws against guns, drugs, and prostitution, surely those things will all cease to exist!

That was probably the worst part of TFA, and TFA had no shortage of shit moments.

"Oh look, this thing you have no reason to care about was wiped out in a single shot from a weapon no one could secretly build, let alone afford, better freak out!"

Like what the fuck.

It is time.