What does Sup Forums think of Tom and Jerry?

What does Sup Forums think of Tom and Jerry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mqwY11cKWU
imdb.com/title/tt0105616/
youtube.com/watch?v=2C0E6LFAlqo
youtube.com/watch?v=8vlIVvC-HjM
youtu.be/6I1FPe15BNU?t=48
youtube.com/watch?v=oAuLONmIof0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A classic in animation, slapstick so good it transcends borders, beautiful art, and timeless stories. An american treasure.

a very intricate and mind provoking representation of racial, political and work related struggles of the ordinary men on the American society post war world.

You know what always got me hard about Tom and Jerry? The overall design of everything. The Art Deco architecture and designs of all the daily objects and furniture, and don't fucking get me started on the food. I wanted to jump in there and just fucking eat that shit. The only cartoons that do this so perfectly are Tex Avery's and Roger Rabbit

>snowbody loves me, esp. the scene where jerry's wandering around inside the wheel of cheese

>the one where they freeze water on the kitchen floor and ice skate on it

>the one where jerry runs away to the city

also the ones made by gene deitch were weird and kind of crappy, but I actually love them and I'm not sure why.

Absolutely god-tier. Was on a flight back home a week ago and they had Tom and Jerry on during the entirety of the flight for the kids. I was seriously having a hard time not bursting out laughing at it. I tried my hardest not to because it's kinda weird for a grown ass man to do it on a plane.

seconded.
the remakes of the 90's and 2000's were absolute garbage in comparison

>the one where jerry runs away to the city

fuuuuuug that one was one of my favorites as a kid. Now I want to go back and rewatch all of the shorts.

one of the few good things we all can have and enjoy like civilized people in this asshat of a world we live in.
also, today OP wasn't a faggot.

Post some god-tier episodes.
youtube.com/watch?v=9mqwY11cKWU
This entire part was just hilarious from beginning to end

Delete, they're supposed to hate eachother!

Fuck that mouse. I always felt for Tom, because he was usually just doing his job. Meanwhile that little shit, Jerry, is running around getting him into trouble just for the fuck of it. That show really grinds my autism into gear.

Fucking hate it. I grew up as a cat person so it didn't like seeing the cat lose every single damn episode. Even ignoring my bias, I think it would have been much more interesting if there was a 50/50 win/lost ratio for both Tom and Jerry.

When are we getting a Tom and Jerry movie anyway? You'd think by now they'd make one.

they... they did one but trust me, you dont want to google it.

I don't get what you mean. They never released one. No siree... Sure hope they do soon.

Why couldn't Tom ever win

>Tom and Jerry.
I was trying to shield you from this evil but you keep pushing...
imdb.com/title/tt0105616/

Because Jews.
youtube.com/watch?v=2C0E6LFAlqo

looney tunes was better

>That episode with the uncle from Texas
>Is you is,or is you ain't my baby?
>ANY episode with Spike or Jr.
>En'Garde Pussycat!
>All dat slapstick
>Dat classic soundtrack
>gorgeous and timeless animation

It's bretty gud OP

THEY NEVER RELEASED A MOVIE. THIS ISN'T REAL.

He won sometimes

because he represented the struggles of the common men.
he never win, but never gave up too
he was our modern Sisyphus, but actually fun so you lose that too, ancient greek

IT IS REAL AND IT IS AWFUL, NOW ACCEPT IT AND BE TRAUMATIZED LIKE THE REST OF US

GOD DAMN IT user IT ISN'T REAL...Who in their right mind would cast such an evil upon the world, user?

Pretty good, although I feel a bit bad for Tom now that I'm older.

Go on...

The Tom and Jerry movie was a masterpiece of both cinematography and animation.

You take that back you son of a bitch

>Who in their right mind would cast such an evil upon the world, user?
oh, its a long list, but to make it short:
Turner Pictures (I)
Turner Entertainment
Film Roman Productions
WMG Film (in association with) (as WMG)
Turner Feature Animation (uncredited)

the plot was amazing and it shouldn't have been the end of the career to the poor screenplay writer guy

THICC

no dude don't do it it is my childhood you're taking about frinking furries they need to ruin everthing

Who's great idea was it to have Tom and Jerry not only be friends and live together, but also be talking on a regular basis?

i don't understand one thing why every video with tom and jerry get so many dislikes it doesn't make any sense

FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan theorized that the two exist in a interdependent abusive relationship where Tom asks his "partner" Jerry to do awful things to him

by far the best look of tom
fucking adorable

They made them both so ugly though, RIP

tom got better though
jerry didn't

Meh, Jerry got what was coming to him in plenty of episodes.

The idea that Tom never wins is completely misremembered. He wins plenty.

I don't actually like it, but I'm also not a fan of slapstick.

1950 Tom had the best design. Prove me wrong.

'90-'94 was the sexiest incarnation, though.
Kind of surprised Tom & Jerry kids lasted that long, though.

>sexiest
how

>Sexiest
It's a fucking kid

You know what, this. I don't anyone could have said it better.

freaking kek i remember when i was little i was quarrel with my kindergarten teacher about what color is tom
it seems that i was right it really is blue in some shots

It was a staple of my after-school cartoons.
Maximum comfy.

fpbp

it probably is from Sup Forums ignore him

This guy seems to really like it.

that's a girl artist who drew that tho

Girls are such fags.

Fuck you just reminded me of the terrible new show.
youtube.com/watch?v=8vlIVvC-HjM
Yes, it is Flash animated.

I think everyone that actually watched Tom and Jerry agrees with that. The episodes where Tom and Jerry were drawn like that were by far the most memorable and hilarious compared to the older derpier forms and the later, less violent and funny forms

This, the best cartoon ever made

Ah, so a fujo, should've known.

Christ, even Wabbit looks better than this.

My favorite cartoon as a kid. I couldnt stand the episodes made past 1955 though. They were all weirdly depressing, dark-looking, and I didn't like how the characters looked. I think that was the Deitch + Chuck Jones eras.

They usually contain something that people today will find offensive.

Even The Movie is better than this.

>dat one episode in the 1940s where Jerry stops Tom's game and scores a cat
>dat one episode in the 1950s where Jerry runs back home from the city and kisses Tom in the lips
>dat one episode in the 2007 version where Jerry gets jealous of Tom giving a girl affections instead of him
>dat one episode in the 2014 version where Jerry falls in love with Tom and tries to court him
Huh, makes you think.

>That one episode in the 2007
Stop
>That one episode in the 2014
I SAID STOP

>2007
>2014
why even bring those up

>>dat one episode in the 2014 version where Jerry falls in love with Tom and tries to court him
I need to see this.
For science.

>dat Dancing bear episode
>Tom playing the fucking Hungarian Rhapsody in Cat Concerto

did anyone know the name of the episode when tom and jerry fight with different types of arms/armament ?

it's gay don't watch it

>dat one movie in 1992 where Tom just leaves and Jerry still follows Tom and stays near him even after Tom told him to fuck off

>Tom and Jerry Kids

What was it with the Late 80's/Early 90's and making Kids versions of every franchise?

Share some memorable scenes that made you laugh like a madman.
youtu.be/6I1FPe15BNU?t=48
The whole saluting thing while sliding off the ship just gets me every time.

>it's gay
explain why

Too many to name, just gonna pick this one out
youtube.com/watch?v=oAuLONmIof0
It's hilarious how Tom has like 10 voice actors

Kind of funny you said that, considering the nature of the episode. It's called Bottled Up Emotions.

The 2014 version is pretty good, just the earlier animation takes getting use to but it gets passible.

Wow, 2014 Jerry was actually perfect.

>>the one where jerry runs away to the city

Oh my god yes, A Mouse in Manhattan is my favourite T&J short too, alongside Heavenly Puss. And those others you've listed, desu.

Tom and Jerry is so surprisingly emotional and sentimental at times, but that just works in its favour.

What's the most emotional episode of T&J?

63-67, isn't that during Chuck Jones directing the series?

For me it was Heavenly Puss.

yup

I think this is the one you're thinking about, the fact that it won an Oscar tells you something, truly a cartoon of comedy & high class
>original shorts of course

>sees kittens in bag
>did not realise since children don't usually understand
>training you understand now as you're older
The feels were real

tfw, not training. Damn autocorrect

I'm not really a fan of shows like this in general, but Looney Tunes was much better. It had interesting little stories at least. This was the same thing over and over again for the most part.

To be fair, I think they're both vastly different shows in terms of their philosophy, but imo T&J had better stories that at times evolved into very meaningful subject matter. Looney Tunes made master sketches, social commentary, and a vivid cast, on the other hand.

Tom and Jerry never evolved, it only got worse. Once it left H&B's hands, it never got any better.

A lot of those cartoons were made at the end of the depression and wartime. Food was rationed. There was a Tex Avery cartoon where they showed a real steak and they said "Just because we like you we will show the steak again" and they did.

40s Tom and Jerry will always be my favorite. The same goes for the Superman cartoon. Cartoons from then had a certain charm to them.

I fucking love Tex Avery. Those shorts about the future are amazing.

Tom is pretty much a dumbass.

tex avery is shit

Fuck you.

Name one thing he did that actually had a lasting impact.

Introducing Daffy Duck.