The Assassination of Luke Skywalker's Character by the coward Kathleen Kennedy

He used to stand for something. He represented virtue. Growth. He was the idealization of a hero. A monolith. A monument.
But we can't have that in the modern world. So they deconstructed him. He is not allowed to be your hero anymore. He's a failure now. A cranky old man who became nothing, who abandoned his friends. Rey is your hero. The strong independent woman who doesn't need any training from some patriarch male. She can learn and do things on her own damn self. There's no need to grow up. To change. To chase virtue. If you're born with a vagina, you're entitled to the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Isaac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is nuwars post modern

everything made from 1997 onward is fan fiction

I haven't seen nor do I really plan to see TLJ, but I think you really hit on what pissed me off the most in TFA: Luke had to go through so much to really harness the powers he had, but Rey learned to do things and became as powerful as Kylo Ren- who had been trained for years by both Luke and Snoke- all by herself, over the course of like one day. A big part of being the hero in a story is growth. If you just get handed all the power you need and don't have to change at all, what's the point.

HE LOST AGAINST VADER AND CAME FUCKING BACK.
MEANWHILE REY COULD BEAT KYLO ANYTIME SHE WANTS

>the absolute state of the OTniggers

If Lucas had a hand in it, it's canon. Deal with it.
Prequels = Canon
Clone Wars = Canon
Disney Wars = not Canon

In the modern age, you enpower women by telling them that they're born being awesome. Tthat's why Rey kicks everyone's ass in TFA, that's why she saves herself instead of being rescued by Han and Finn. That's why she doesn't even need Luke Skywalker to train her, and just steals the books.

Protagonists are
>stronk independent woman
>latino starlord
>black dude
>asian chick that you woumd expect as illustration of the typical tumbl user

Main villains:
Two white dudes
Also wtf is up with the 9gag tier "jokes"? General Hugs? Why?

Star Wars was always a collaborative effort, not Lucas' singular vision. He didn't bring in any collaborators for the PT who had serious input to the story.

Stop with that bullshit retard, and apologize to him

And yet his collaborators like Kasdan and Spielberg were also behind some of the most retarded ideas like midichlorians and yoda using a lightsaber.

Stop listening to the revisionist history of RLM. Lucas had more input in the OT that people believe.

Fuck that, ESB was better for him not directing it, and RotJ would've been better if he'd kept his hands off and quit trying to co-direct it. He is great as part of a team but is a bad team player.

>This man who looked off into the sunset hoping for adventure
>This man who risked his life for his friends, never abandoning them
>This man who saw the good in Vader when Yoda and Obi-Wan did not
>This man is dead

It's simply not fair.

>Yoda and Obi Wan told him to fucking kill Vader
>He refused and managed to bring his back into the light
>30 years later
>Tries to murder his own nephew

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian
Midichlorians were Lucas' idea.
Spielberg's most hands-on input in the prequels was assistant director for the Mustafar duel, the most well-done part of the PT. Kasdan wasn't directly involved with the prequels as far as I know.
Of course Lucas had input in the OT, but he had people around to rein him in and focus on working through his good ideas.

ESB is the most overrated in the series

It's appropriately rated. The prevalence of the "III > VI" meme means that III is the most overrated.

>My dad fucking murdered the Jedi and a lot more people
>But its ok their is still good in him
>My nephew was dreaming about the dark side
>Time to kill him in his sleep

>old man yoda A CUTE!

The swamp was maximum comfy.

Luke couldn't even defeat the Emperor, his father had to do it because he was much stronger than him

I haven't watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

is it good? might give it a watch

Stop it
Just stop it, I can't take it anymore

Great writing. Permission to use your text plz?

On the bright side, they haven't gotten to ruining Anakin or Obi-wan yet.

Go ahead.

He redeemed a man who had become a monster due to his incorruptible integrity. That was his real strength.

It's pretty good yeah.

Aloha

>Latino starlord
Isn't Oscar Isaac white? You people pull any bs to justify crying about sjws, etc etc.
It was just a shit movie, it doesn't have to do with their fucking race. So pathetic that you'd even need to lie about this shit.

Just wait for his movie.

Just know you're your father and you'll see how you took after him.

Americans have weird standards on what contributes a white man and what doesn't.

Shut up shut up for fucks sake this is too much.

daily reminder he never tried to murder kylo and felt that he failed him for considering it in a brief impulse

make no mistake Rey and the mary sue girl power chars are Womansplotation

It's all part of deconstructing heroes.

The idea that there are good and wise men is problematic to the narrative of moral relativism, "gray Jedi", YinYang Fore they're trying to push. Luke Skywalker in popular culture was the foremost example of the archetypal hero and monomyth. By the end of Return of the Jedi he learned to reject the dark path and instead became a wise, virtuous hero. Luke was a rolemodel for kids, and you can tell Mark Hamill in particular knew and cherished this as part of the character.

In Kathleen Kennedy Mouse Wars Rey can be the only Good. She is the paragon of virtue. The old heroes have been dragged through the mud, deconstructed, and killed off for her instead. Yoda says directly in this movie to forget the past. Forget about old narratives that posited things like moral goods, central truths, and human personal development from innocence to experience. You don't want to buy an action figure of Luke "Kill My Nephew In His Sleep" Skywalker right? He could never truly be good, because no-one can truly be good (other than Rey). What you thought about Luke was wrong. The Luke who cared so much about his friends that he left Dagobah to help them against Yoda's wishes and even redeemed his monstrous evil father is now also the Luke who abandoned his friends to fight the First Order alone and considered assassinating his nephew for being too strong.

Everything Yoda told you about the Force in ESB? Forget that as well. The Dark Side is just a natural balance in the Force. Forget about how life creates it, makes it grow. Forget about how the light is using the Force to foster life, and the dark is using the Force to destroy it, thus using the Force against itself. Good and evil are relative, there is only gray area.

He thought it for a very short while and that's already enough

>Writing. Like. This. For. Exaggerated. Effect.
>great writing

>But we can't have that in the modern world. So they deconstructed him.
Not in my world, they didn't. Never seen anything but OT, they can talk shit about him all they want but they can never taint him for me.

Like I care what's canon or not. I just turn my back on everything that isn't OT and only come here to witness vindication.

Thought Mark had just been exaggerating these last few months on just how bad they fucked Luke, because of his attachment to the character, but fuck me they destroyed him.

>guatemalan

That's probably the least white country of central america

>good and evil dont exist only grey area
>walk out of theatre and take a load in my ass
>hey im not a fag its all grey bro relax past aint the issue its about now yolo bro
>also asian gets blacked so teach my wife's son that

They shat on the character's entire legacy. It's actually quite incredible how far they went just to establish Rey as the true heroine of the entire franchise.

No user. Please.

That keeps the special editions as canon dummy

OTniggers BTFO! How will they ever recover?

>>This man is dead
Not in my world, he ain't, buster.
Seriously, who of you ever stopped for a second to wonder if it was a good idea to produce a prequel and a sequel to a space fairy tale with a set beginning and end? In particular, the sequels which were always bound to destroy the "And they lived happily ever after..."
Stop crying, you pussies. You're to blame because you didn't shoot down any notion of producing more Star Wars movies right out of the gate.

You've got no one to blame but yourself.

>Oscar Isaac
>White
Do you even have eyes you fucking melt?

lmao Sup Forums but can't handle the existence of competent women even in a movie

Nope

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Isaac

Just stated the facts no need to be triggered about it.

According to Lucas, the Ewoks represent the Vietnamese, a more primative group who managed to successfully fend off the superior forces of the Empire/America.

Disney isn't canon
Hahahahaha I have to deal with special editions and prequels and in 15 years you're going to deal with sequel fags telling you how good these are

So Kathleen Kennedy made Luke her version of George Lucas and made herself Rey?

I think the Dagobah sequence was the best in the whole series

The OG Star Wars trilogy was always a straight example of the Hero's Journey. Now with these sequels Luke has become a shit, it kinda shat over all that. I don't remember the Hero's Journey having a part where after the long journey to become a hero the hero becomes a faggot.

They literally turned my childhood hero who taught me to face all odds into a loser.

>The OG Star Wars trilogy was always a straight example of the Hero's Journey.
It's more than that. It's a fairy tale.

This better be bait faggot

>literally locks and loads his saber
>just an impulse

That'd land you in jail in the real world.

my brother wants to go watch it but i dont think ill be able to handle this

Anything outside of the OT, PT and George's collaboration with Tartakovsky is noncanon

>You now remember "I won't abandon my friends!"
>You now remember "I'm a Jedi, like my father before me!"
>You now remember "Pass on what you've learned"
They turned Luke into a failure.

Luke was the embodiment of America - youthful, energetic, tough, vital, beautiful. A hideous crone like Kathleen *diversity* Kennedy cannot have that. I think the purge of liberals (I don't use that term for them, it is a hijacked word) should start soon, they are not just destroying art, they are destroying our nations.

They want to eliminate anything that embodies even a single virtuous element if it holds origins in the heart of a white male, even as a character in a fictional universe.

Nothing after 1995 is canon

When will people wake up to the jew?

With every (((holywood))) release we stray further from god.

>muh Sup Forums bogeyman
Even competent people can make mistakes, my /leftypol/ friend.
And the TLJ was one of them.

more like post mortem

You're so desperate for female heroes you're reduced to lapping up Kathleen Kennedy's shit? I wouldn't "lmao" too long or loudly.

Original EU Luke:
>Luke realizes the folly of the old Jedi Order and let's his students fall in love, marry and start families
>Tells them to carry blasters and other weapons for protection
>Successfully rebuilds the Jedi Order
>Marries to a smoking hot redhead and has children
>Sticks by his friends until the end of his life

Disney Luke
>Learns nothing from the mistakes of past Jedi
>Tries to kill his own nephew
>Gets every single padawan killed
>Runs and goes into hiding while his friends are fighting a war
>Disappoints Yoda
>Dies a virgin

Just boycott Disney Wars and be done with it. The EU is the true canon. At least Lucas had to approve that shit before it was released.

This is all true. Not a joke, not exaggerated. All of this is true.

Despite all you guys have been complaining about, I thought they wouldn't do this. They couldn't, right? That's Luke Skywalker, the soul of SW. They can't ruin him just to elevate Rey.
I was wrong.

Well, uh, yeah he was a WHITE MALE.

Get fucked, intern. You don't need to be Sup Forums to hate this movie. I bet you think like Dan Harmon and actually believe one third of America is made up of Neo-Nazis.

The EU Chad vs the Disney Virgin.

Some make it please.

>everything made from 1997 onward is souless money grab
fan fiction gives it too much credit, like they were actually trying to make a cogent story

This. Disney's SW is literally fanfiction

young mark hamill is really fucking sexy

competent womyn don't exist outside movies

I'll get to work now.

luke was always the "nice guy" character, that's why he never got laid.

han was the sexy alpha

I saw one yesterday in a thread that got pruned. Did someone save it?

>The Assassination of King David's Character by the Coward Samuel
DAVID WAS A GOOD BOY HE WAS A HERO WHY WOULD HE MURDER A MAN AND STEAL HIS WIFE

>The Assassination of Beowulf's Character by the Coward Anglo-Saxon Shit
Beowulf was a GOOD BOY! HE grew and became King! How could he ever be an egomaniac and fail to protect his people!!???

>The Assassination of Odysseus' Character by the Coward Homer

The list goes on and on. You fuckers know nothing about the mythopoetry of the literary epic.The struggle of the hero between his great virtues and his human ethos is the cornerstone of the structure. And, what do you know, that very struggle often leads to the taking-up of the torch of virtue by the Next Generation's hero.

What "struggle" did Rey have to endure in order to become a great hero?

>recognize that Star Wars is a fictional story that ends where you want it to end
>suddenly this doesn't matter to you personally

It's like Dracula. Lots of retarded shit has been gangfucked onto Dracula since the original novel, but the novel is still itself. You don't have to consider Hellsing, Blade, Dracula 3000, Count Chocula, Dracula 2000, etc when reading the book or thinking of Dracula.

Neither do you have to think of Mouse Wars or even the prequels if you want to when thinking of Star Wars. It makes things much simpler.

Although it says nothing about the deliberate destruction of a culturally significant heroic icon which is a different matter.

>by the Next Generation's hero

Who is a Mary Sue self-insert from the writers.

Bravo.

She's still young, like Luke was. Like Luke, her greatest struggle is in her humble beginnings, but also like Luke she is fundamentally a Nice Guy whose idealism leads her well in the current period. In her age she will fail as all heroes do.

Oh without a doubt, it's a true product of its time.

Dude there's even a purple haired feminist castrating Poe Dameron for being a wannabe white male hotshot.

>You don't have to consider Hellsing and Count Chocula
holy shit the pleb

You mean EXACTLY like Wiglaf?

>can build up whole new stuff for getting rid of the NO and rebels
>or do the said and swap two force users
>go for the most boring scenario instead

Nigger. It's not like we had a hand in them not only destroying the books, but also rebooting everything to be shit. I haven't bought a single Star Wars based product since KOTOR 2, don't blame me for this horseshit.

Realizing his master is a shithead becuase he's a White Male and realizing Kylo is a shithead because he's a White Male

I defended Rey in TFA, i tought she could be redeemed in TLJ, but i was wrong, they made her so much of a Marie Sue that it's fucking unreal, SW feels so corporate now, like everything that happens is just there to appeal to a demographic of either kids who want to self insert as the characters or people who never gave a single shit about star wars before it appealed to their standarts of the modern world

Stay salty, millenial

Fuck off. I'm pol as fuck and one of my favorite historical characters is Joan of Arc. This shit on assassinating Luke, however, is pure kike horseshit.