Would it be fun to see a more light hearted Marvel for a change?

Imagine a Marvel 616 where
>the general public does not hate everything with a passion
>The governments are not all entirely evil
>Heroes fight bad guys and not each other
>People are generally happy to see heroes triumph and save the day

Wouldn't that be fun?

Mc2 did it.

Old marvel never.

No, see Hellcat, Squirrel Girl and Champions.

Those are sjw comics. Diff.

With all the crap DC takes
The MCU is actually as much as dark as they are.
They just quip from time to time
Only gotg, antman are the kiddie movies

Mc2 was great!
Spider-Girl is the best girl.

Sjw boogie men or not, they are still presented as mostly light hearted and fun, why else did we get an issue about the Champions playing paintball and paling around?

I'm not entirely sure Marvel and its writers know how to do that any more without being the shit said... Is it so crazy to want stories that aren't devolved in bullshit event stuff or are so lolsorandum that you don't even give a shit anymore?

They seriously need to rethink their flagship books, having weird tertiary books and whatnot isn't that big a deal if you can make the main titles things people actually want to read, like heroes actually acting like heroes and fighting bad guys.

nobody was talking about movies, go back to Sup Forums faggot.

Lightheart stuff can sell. It's the sjw themes tjat turn off people.

Plus people want marvel characters with flaws and banter.

So less like the real world then?

We actually got a few fun light hearted comics recently, I don't think we need too many more than what we have

Spider-Man and Deadpool
Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
Gwenpool
Howard The Duck
Rocket and Groot
Ms Marvel

The tone of mc2 is the same as earth ones tone.

what the fuck is mc2

I actually wonder if it was the popularity of X-Men that did this

X-Men always had to have evil governments sending giant robots to go kill kids and scientists experimenting on random citizens. While also pushing the general public wants them all dead narrative. As well as the all other heroes hate them and do not trust them thing.

I actually wonder if the X-Men becoming huge in the 90's and being a lot of people's introduction to Marvel was a large part of making the general setting dark as shit compared to their older stuff.

I AM pretty god damn tired of these guys fighting each other.

Marvel was always that way. Heroes vs heroes was common. So was the public hating xmen, hulk, mutants, spiderman.

Hulk vs thing is old. Spiderman would get into fights with daredevil at first. Namor vs Ff.

Fans want marvel to be like old dc from the 60s. Which it never was

I don't ever remember Spider-Man fighting Daredevil back in the day, he fought Punisher but that's only because Frank was supposed to be a heel.

Why take away what made Marvel stand out from the first place? Just read silver age DC.

>Old Marvel never...
C'mon, user.

Wow, Peter is just attacking a blind man, what the fuck Pete? What's the context here?

Yeah, Punisher started off as the Jackal's unwitting tool.

I got over 100 images of fights. Gonna be slow to upload them.

>blind man
It's clearly a ginger, and that makes it okay.

Heroes having disagreements and fights is one thing, and can be done well. But when every single disagreement becomes a year long event that fucks up all other books, it's just annoying. Especially when there is one every fucking year.

no.

marvel is going to support this* worldview.

and there is nothing you can do about it.

*see pic

Boooopp

This page is hilarious

Been done for decades.

Just people crying for crying sakes.

Theres a pretty fucking big difference between two singular heroes having an arc about them fighting/etc.. and events where almost EVERY hero is fighting each other for some idiotic reason for most of the year, every year.

You can tell OP is an idiot who's only watched the movie because they think Marvel was at any point not about any of the things listed.

Used to be montly.

It's a marvel staple. Should I bust out Thor vs Spiderman?

Hulk vs Ironman?

>It's a marvel staple. Should I bust out Thor vs Spiderman?
>Hulk vs Ironman?
Namor vs anyone is always welcome.

70's X-men is way more space adventure and superhero action oriented than anything else; anti-mutant stuff is there, but it isn't all there is. Hell, the X-Men clash with the leafs as much as with the US gov't.

Also the character Scott, Prof X and the Beast have all been character assasinatd beynd recognition.

Cyclops being a dick to wolvie is nothing new. Plus character progression.

I mean, It's still been terrible more lately then ever. people are just trying to pin down why.

I don't actually mind it so much, except when everyone is an unlikable jerk or it goes on too long.
There is way more of it in the latter 70's on than before.

There was not a comic wide event happening every year for decades. there were a lot of crossovers, but those were not affected the entire Marvel line. And an occasional event like Secret War or Infinity Gauntlet, but those were mostly set pretty wide apart. But the yearly event taking over the every book started with House of M in 2005.Then there was Annihilation, Civil War, World War Hulk, Annihilation Conquest, Secret Invasion, Siege, Dark Reign, Fear itself, Schism, Avengers vs X-Men, Infinity, Original Sin, Axis, more Secret Wars, Civil War 2, Inhumans Vs. X-Men.
That's 18 big events in 12 years. And that isn't including all the X-Men mini events that mostly just involve them. This is not something that has always been going on for decades.

Nah it's just people wanting to whine about stuff that was always there. Reminds me of wrestling fans contriducting themselves or not remembering the past right.

Only mcu and mc2 had the tone of what op is suggesting.

Events with heroes been there since early 80s.

I think its the events they complain about but they sell. Makes more sense to reduce tie ins.

Anyway marvel has no new event for 18 months plus.

What a horrifying mess marvel has become. it was better when Jews ran it.

>two quotes, responds to niether.
Goodnight, baitlord.

Except it's not the 70 anymore. Plus the same old fans can't remember it right.

Very bizarre.

>it was better when Jews ran it.
What did he mean by this?

Only baitlord is you. Go back on bleedingcool and whine about things that are the norm.

Why did you quote me? Are you a retard?

(((We're))) Better.

>go back
Sure, kid.

Only retard is you. Buncha retarded babies getting the past wrong.

You getting harvey comics mixed up with Marvel.

No, seriously why did you mean by that because Marvel is ran by Ike Perlmutter (jew) and is owned by Disney whose CEO is Bob Iger (jew). And as far as I know Ike doesn't respond to someone else.

Sure braindead hipster. The marvel you wanted never existed. Only in your faulty brain damaged mind.

>MCU fag
I should have known.

Scathing, user. Scathing.

>Anyway marvel has no new event for 18 months plus.

They have on running right now that won't end for months though. Even if they stick to that promise it'll mean less than one year with an event.

Secret Empire isn't even out yet. and Mutants of Mass Destruction comes out while that's going on.

I just want Shield to Fuck off
it's like police, fbi, and cia don't even exist anymore

Ate you reading Ms. Marvek and Moon Girl, OP? Because it's exactly what you're looking fir.

Hell, the katest arc of Moon GGirlis basically her being tutored by adult heroes.

You are the mcu fan. Describing what op want is mcu.

Im describing actual marvel.

Retard.

Post fall none for 18 months. Only snaller events with less ties in.

Like spiderman family only.

I think it is an issue people are complaining about now because of all the huge events consisting of nothing but heroes kicking other heroes' asses.

Before it was always a few panels in a single issue before they settled it then went on to go fight the bad guy

This is why I think it is a post 90's thing when they really played up the whole sentinels/evil government thing

Are you saying Avengers vs X-Men, X-Men vs Inhumans, Civil War, Civil War II, Dark Reign, and Secret War were not flawless storytelling?!

Enjoy your Squirrel Girl, true belever.

>fun
There's that word again.