If he'd actually been handled properly after the show ended would he have had the potential to get to the same level as...

If he'd actually been handled properly after the show ended would he have had the potential to get to the same level as Superman, Batman and Spider-Man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=58H1VmVci8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

yes

I wish, I enjoyed the cartoon a lot.

If they had gave him a new series after or during his cartoon he would probably be popular but not as popular Batman.

The whole bang babies thing is a solid excuse to manufacture villains.

Then have him deal with bigger issues

He definitely would be more used in hip hop right now

DC was doing ok with him unlit New 52. They really drop the ball with Static in the New 52.

He could have been big, certainly, but not "big 3". As much as people like to blow it out of proportion, black characters do have a disadvantage when it comes to popularity.

Black characters have as much of a disadvantage as female characters IMO. They need to be consistently better written and more interesting than their white male counterparts to make up for it.

Unfortunately that's hard work, so instead we get shit where the dialogue is just all about racism and sexism etc

Even having race and sex brought up isn't bad, it's just bad when it dominates the characters identity

If they made a new Static series right now and have it be similar to the cartoon, the people who grow with the cartoon would read his comic. It would some what popular or big.

Remember tell DC you want Static back.

Maybe not as big as Superman, Spider-man, and Batman but big as Deadpool and Harley Quinn.

Best case if you pray to the 12 elder gods would have been Harley/Lobo/Deadpool levels.

No one is hitting cultural icon status again. At least by comic/animation alone.

I'm always seeing people demand they want a Static TV show or movie on Tumblr. Maybe they to demand on bigger sites like Twitter or Facebook to DC.

Tell the higher ups on Twitter. Show how much you love and miss Static.

>tfw it's been 2 years since this picture and we still haven't heard a thing about the live action show

It's also been 2 years since they announce Milestone coming back.

That goalpost is way too high. Captain Marvel levels, maybe, but that's a big maybe

But Captain Marvel used to be more popular than Superman

Ok, but you realize it probably would've starred Jaden Smith right?

>They still won't put this nigga in Injustice, properly.
Fuck the mobile game you fucking franken-dip. Put him in Injustice 2 as DLC you fucking son of medusa ass, bongo child.

He was pretty good in The Karate Kid and more recently in The Get Down. Though I would've preferred Shameik Moore except like 5 years younger.

Leon Thomas III would maybe make a good Static.

I'm talking about the other Captain Marvel

I agree with the Karate Kid, but that was before After Earth. Haven't seen or heard of The Get Down

You can't just rise to the level of the big three. But he easily could have been a modern run-away hit like, say, Deadpool.

You want way too high a level, but even lowering the expectations a bit, there's always the issue that he wasn't owned by DC, so they really don't have any reason to invest heavily on him.

He'd only have a chance at a becoming really big if DC actually owned him.

idk how popular Marvel's Captain Marvel used to be but if I'm not mistaken recently no one's cared about any of them but Marvel's trying to convince everyone that Carol Danvers is/should be the company's most iconic hero so they shove her down everyone's throats.

The Get Down's an awesome show that doesn't get the attention it deserves. It's a fictionalized/dramatized musical series about characters getting in on the ground floor of hip hop in 1977. Jaden plays Dizzee, this graffiti artist who's basically Jaden playing himself (just like his dad used to do) yet he's one of the best characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=58H1VmVci8o

He just needs a live-action movie.

He certainly could've been a solid A/B-lister had they actually capitalized on the TV show's success and kept the momentum going. But instead they do fuck all with him for years, only to give him an absolutely atrocious Nu52 comic and then nothing else. The only way he can come back now is a heavy media push. Another show, movie, appearances in games, etc. Basically, the push Cyborg is currently getting right now.

Black bolt is getting a show now instead

That and he's the stereotypical black super with electricity-based powers.

I miss reading and watching Static.

No. Superman and Batman had decades and decades of comics and other media adaptions like tv shows, movies, and radio plays to nestle themselves into the societal conscience. No comic character will ever be more popular than the already most popular characters.