Do you guys honestly believe that Disney paid off every critic? Seriously?

Do you guys honestly believe that Disney paid off every critic? Seriously?

Oh wait apparently every critic is scared of some mythical SJW army that will attack them if they give a bad review.

No, that's just Sup Forums being Sup Forums.
There is no such thing as a well-received popular film on this board.
I thought it was a great movie let down by a few silly moments.
Of course I'm a Disney shill sucking the mouse's cock now that I've said that.

Disney probably invited them to some fancy event with nice giftbags

Yes. Just go on any normie site, most of them fucking hate it.

Critics are so needy they would shill for a nice email from disney. Makes them feel important.

All "every critic" said is that it's a 6/10

You can make fun of 6/10s

>film """"""""""""critics""""""""""

how does that big, juicy rat cock taste, you fucking sellout shill?

link?

Blade Runner 2049 for the first 2 weeks? TLJ is genuinely awful though. I don't usually take part in these discussions, but this is truly a shitshow.

And yet its certified fresh. Makes you think.

It has a female and black lead. They don't need to. Those two things will get you at least 80%.

Probably not but if any company would for any movie it would this company for this movie

The only two options are good and bad. That's what you get.

There should be a third ranking. Rotten, Ripe and Fresh or something.

A lot of these "critics" are youtubers and bloggers and other clickbait websites. If they hate Star Wars, fan boys will downvote their videos, cancel their subscriptions, refuse to.ever visit their site again. All lead to lower revenue. You are forced to give Star Wars a positice review to keep your viewership clicks and therefore profit.

You could say the same thing about DC and they destroyed JL

I mean we know it for a fact, the superman Leia scene has leaked

No, you are just a nostalgic nerd afraid that his beloved movie takes a nosedive and your investment was destroyed.

D.C. IS owned by warner bros not Disney

no, because the bulk of them rave about it for political reasons

also, this is the quality guaranteed by a 93%

No, but a lot of critics are big star wars fanboys since they grew up with it, and are desperate to overlook any faults with the new star wars because they don't want to relive the disappoint that the prequels brought them, so they're in denial basically.

No, critics are just being nostalgia fags.

lolno, grow up you tasteless manchild. disney's new episodes are literal trash

Well they employ hundreds of people like Angry Joe through makers studios. Why didn't you know that?

90% of Sup Forums hasn't even seen it. They decided it was shit about a year before it even came out.

7% of them clearly didn't get a cheque.

Ngl I went in thinking all the bitching was typical "hate it cus it's popular" and nostalgia faggotry but this film actually fucking sucked so damn hard.

>Those two things will get you at least 80%.
Wrong.

The Disney bonus is about 20%

Every critic IS a Soyboy.

i decided it was shit when i saw TFA and that movie was shit. TLJ is continuation of the shit plot and garbage characters and horrid dialogue and tension-less CGI action scenes. and as a continuation of shit, it also is shit.

Yeah

They're about to spend 51b on warner bros or some shit like that

Critics are paid off. It's just that they're paid with early screenings and other merch shit rather than straight-up money.

I liked it.

they dont have to pay
critics know if they dont give the movie glowing reviews, they dont get invited to press screenings, so they wont have content for their site

This isn't hard science. You can disagree with the majority of critics. Stop being a massive faggot.

No, only 228 of them.

They received thousands of dollar worth of merchandise and they get invited to screenings. Disney literally banned a major newspaper from their screenings when they ran an article about some fuckery going on on some park, it's what they do

>reviews
>in the sperg orgiastic Internet Age

impotent rage and sexual dysfunction in that image. he must be jewish.

Yeah, they do.
Remember, this is pol's vacation board

After seeing it, oh yes. ROTJ gets 80% but this gets 94? Fuck off.

>Give episode 8 poor review
>Not allowed to see the premier of episode 9
I'm sure there's a specific word for this

Before this no, now I have serious questions

>Believing a Jewish owned company notorious for utterly destroying competition and obsesses about acquiring a mega monopoly on all entertainment wouldn't pay off critics
Watch the movie, you fucking watch it.
If you seriously believe it is good, i'll apologize and change my opinion just for you.
However if for a single moment you don't believe this is even an 8/10 movie. I want you to come on this website and flat out apologize to Sup Forums and Sup Forums.
Because Sup Forums was right, Sup Forums is always right.

Jew?

No. Those critics don't give a shit. They were probably tweeting while watching this movie thinking it's crap for kids like all other SW movies.

That's anti-Semitic, you'll never work in this town again. The word I was looking for was (((Disney)))

Have you been to Sup Forums recently? It's not overrun with retards like it used to be, it's actually a lot more liberal now.

Not /ourguy/

Those are Shareblue shills.

You don't get it man.

Hollywood is dying.

There have been SO FEW good movies coming out lately. No one even wants to go to the movies anymore.

The bar has been lowered so much.

And you know what? Many of these movie reviewers do this as their day job. They need this money. They can't simply say "Dude. Hollywood has run out of ideas. Just stop going to the movies."

So what do they do? They shill. They invent in their mind a rationale for it. They compare this movie to a horrendous 5% Adam Sandler movie and go, look. It has its problems. But they put a lot of effort into this. It will appeal to the children. It's visually intricate. They did what they had to do. 99%.

They're grading on a curve because they know virtually all modern film making is throwaway garbage. They need to believe in the "great hollywood blockbuster". They need to live in a world where it still exists, so they make it exist, in their own minds, and in the minds of the masses, with a never ending deluge of shill reviews.

>i decided it was shit when i saw TFA and that movie was shit. TLJ is continuation of the shit plot and garbage characters and horrid dialogue and tension-less CGI action scenes. and as a continuation of shit, it also is shit.
this

wow i cant believe people that saw a popular movie before it come out for free and would like to continue to do say gave it a great review

Sort of like the Holocaust.

You're not a shill, you're just fucking stupid.

The Holocaust wasn't so bad, look at all the effort those Germans put into it

This is one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen. No plot at all and just random scenes after another with MUH MARY SUE who's parents were alcoholics and the most interesting villain that we wanted to learn more about was sliced in half.

You are not a Star Wars fan if you defend this.

I think there is two major components:

Disney have created a formula that ticks the boxes for what Reviewers and dumbass general audiences will look for. Even if the film isn't actually good and is just mediocre/bleh, because the film has been DESIGNED to tick boxes, Reviewers find it hard to not recommend it. Do you honestly believe that most Marvel films would get the pass they do if they had nothing to do with Disney? Hell just this year they're way harsher on films like Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, Valerian etc

Reviewers self-interest. They shit on Star Wars and tell the truth and watch how they get hit by Fanboy retards and stop getting invited to advanced screenings. Its in their self interest to be very lax when it comes to reviewing these big budget Disney movies and Disney has a history of being vindictive towards reviewers that shit on their films.

I'm also left wing and I actually agree there is a political component involved in SOME movies. Wonder Woman is a great example of actually a completely bleh mediocre movie that is raved and ranted about because of the political importance of a female super hero film. (Even though the film has a very right wing Neocon message itself)

Nice meme

Did you not see the news where they bought 21st Century Fox for FIFTY TWO BILLION DOLLARS?

THEY HAVE LITERAL FUCK YOU MONEY

Have you ever heard the tragedy of The Emperor's New Clothes?

>Neocons
>Right wing

>spends $52 billion on buying Fox
>can't buy 213 "critics" a sandwich

I don't believe that Disney actually paid off critics.

I do believe that Disney allows critics access to perks like early showings with nice gift bags, dinners, interviews with cast members, and other perks they or their company will enjoy.

I also believe that Disney's position as the largest of the Big Six, soon to be the Big Five, presents an intimidating name for a critic to insult or even treat evenly. That critics will be more favored to treat Disney tentpole releases with kid gloves.

That a smaller budget film from Disney using one of their subsidiaries will be reviewed much more accurately, but a AAA blockbuster will be judged on spectacle.

When you give people things for free, with nothing asked in return, you create a vacuum where the person feels obliged to give back.

I hate to say this, but in this case Sup Forums was right on the nose.

Luke deserve so much more. I'll never forgive them.

When Phantom Menace cane out critics praised the film. And now TFA is even seen as a bad Star Wars movie, critics will soon turn against TLJ

Not only do they believe that, but they believe Disney is the only studio that does it.

I can only speak for myself, but some of my favorite films are mainstream Oscar winners.

No, I think disney just knows how to effectively pander to critics better than other studios.

remember it drops off after all the SHILLs that are invited to the pre screening vote 100 but then other critics are able to rate as well

bingo

yes I do. It was well documented that Shakespear in Love's entire movie launch was bribed and paid for by Weinstein. Multiple studios sued Weinstein but the case was thrown out when Harvey threatened to counter-claim and prove those studios also buy journalist stories and reviews, esp.during film season.

It was also proved when the third matrix came out, the last Ninja Turtles Movie and " Batman v Superman" that if enough money is on the line, bad reviews can be "suspended" until after 1st weekend opening and reviews can be manipulated by the studio if they will hurt sales. Siskel & Egbert had a whole op-ed about "for hire" reviewers back in 1998 after "Titanic" swept the Oscars.

If you think all that was bullshit, google gamersgate. All media reviewers are the same.

>b-but pol
What the FUCK?

The Good
>The framing of Luke's death, even if everything else about it was an abomination
>Kylo and Rey exhibiting varying degrees of character development
>Salt planet battle was visually quite striking
>Most scenes with Dameron as the central focus

The Could have been better but still just about acceptable
>Not-Monte Carlo if that subplot had any point at all besides serving as containment for the minorities (and Del Toro's character was pretty good)
>Throne Room scene (excluding the baffling choice to kill Snoke)
>opening space battle excluding flying Leia and destruction of the Dreadnought

The What the fuck
>Superman Leia
>Final scene with broom boy
>Destruction of Luke's character
>Chewbacca existing solely so the Porgs could interact with him (and R2 and C3PO serving no purpose again)
>seal-sloth titty milk
>the fact that the Galactic Conflict which frames all of this still makes absolutely no sense.
>Phasma's pointless appearance and death
>Purple haired woman who is portrayed as an utter bitch is actually a selfless hero. She wasn't able to tell Poe her actually plan because...? Also had to stay behind on the cruiser to pilot it when all it had to do was maintain course and this could easily be done using a droid or some sort of autopilot.