Agents Of Shield, iZombie, Powerless and Gotham - Deadline Bubble Watch

deadline.com/2017/04/bubble-watch-elementary-2-broke-girls-quantico-exorcist-timeless-oncwe-upon-a-time-blindspotseries-renewal-status-1202068661/

>Even Quantico, which has been struggling this season after a solid first year, appears likely to continue as it makes money for ABC Studios via international and SVOD (Netflix) deals. (It also features a global star in Priyanka Chopra.) Ditto for Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., which serves as a marketing platform for the Disney-owned Marvel.

>Expectation is that the Batman drama Gotham would make it back eventually.

>On the comedy side, NBC already has renewed Superstore and The Good Place. The two midseason entries, the true crime spoof Trial & Error and DC-themed Powerless, have been ratings-challenged, though Trial & Error has been well received, and I hear there are conversations about a second installment of the anthology comedy. Powerless appears a long shot. The network is yet to premiere two new comedies, Great News and Marlon.

>The CW has renewed almost all of its current scripted series — 9 in total — only leaving midseason entries The Originals and iZombie for a May decision. I hear Rob Thomas’ iZombie is the hotter of the two as there are questions about the future of The Vampire Diaries spinoff The Originals with the mothership series gone, though I hear limited runs for both series are very much on the table. A second season for new fall series No Tomorrow and Frequency is highly unlikely.

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/tv/2017/03/11/gifted-fox-x-men-series-photo/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All I care about are Gotham and iZombie coming back.

Other shows aren't Sup Forums related but snipped out the relevant Sup Forums parts.

More iZombie makes me happy.

Also more AOS really? They may as well push Inhumans as their new marketing platform on ABC.

Enjoy Powerless while it lasts people.

iZombie will definitely be renewed. CW has other shows by Rob Thomas in the pipeline and want to keep him happy. Plus, they genuinely love having the best zombie TV show on the air. LOL

Gotham will last close to 100 episodes. It's part of the contract with WB Television Studios. Unless it falls below a certain threshold (which it hasn't) it will last long enough for a cable syndication package. That's between 88 and 100 episodes. Next season, season four, will be exactly 88 episodes. A short 5th season would get them to 100. Don't expect it to last beyond that, unless Fox is willing to pay more.

WB Television wants to shift the characters to the CW where they'll have more direct control. DC Entertainment has been working on a few plans for that day. Everything from a full blown series to a guest appearance of Adam West on one of our shows as a retired BW with a new young ward. (Beyond.) Everything is on the table, but we need Gotham to be finished and the TV rights back at WB. Just not at the cost of a Gotham syndication package.

Powerless was DOA. Won't be back.

I don't work at Disney or ABC, nor do I have any close friends who work there, so I have no idea what they're doing with AOS. I only watch the Marvel stuff on Netflix anyway.

AOS is probably my guilty pleasure these days. I'm liking hydra world.

I'm ok with Frequency only getting a single season as long as they finish the story

Gotham is the best cape show DC has at the moment. They'd be fools to cancel it.

it's pretty fun if you don't take it too seriously

AoS is one of the best shows on television, if any series deserves a renew it's that

I'd be happy if iZombie makes it through. It's not my thing but it has such a solid fanbase and it's a good niche show.

My niggas. Absolutley love the hydra world. I know that it is shit but it is just so fun.
rip Radcliffe best boy
how did Aida even allow him to die in the simulation if she has programming that has her protecting his life as a priority?

>Also more AOS really? They may as well push Inhumans as their new marketing platform on ABC.
Inhumans is only 8 episodes scheduled for the fall. They need something for the spring (ESPECIALLY in the build-up to Infinity War), and giving Agents of Shield a shortened season would bring it up to 100 episodes. So it'd be a win-win.

Im ok with it being cancelled if it means Cisco gets back together with Golden Glider

>Powerless appears a long shot.

I blame executive meddling, if only because we know they completely retooled the show.

I like most of the cast, and the premise has promise, but I kind feel like the execution has generally been like a C+

>Frequency is highly unlikely.

Well, at least that'd free up more chances for Golden Glider.

Satan: The Unauthorized, Unauthored Bilography and Cookbook probably helped with that problem.

I want my Son of Zorn god damn it.

why won't the save No Tomorrow?
fuck all these comic book shows besides iZombie and AoS

He didn't die, he's being tortured

Radcliffe has no mouth and he must scream.

daily reminder that Lucifer has already been renewed for a 3rd season

Outcast is the best comic book show

I feel AoS can't catch a break because people just compare it to the marvel netflix shows which obviously have different requirements and budgets

wich is funny considering how AoS s4 was far better than the latests Marvel Netflix shows

This is just someone's guess, The Originals have a higher set of stats across the board, the real issue the show would have is Joseph morgan doing the second mutant tv show pilot.

This.

Yeah Gotham has been on long enough that they'll keep it to syndication numbers minimum.

Powerless was kind of an odd choice for a show anyway. Seems like the show we got is massively different from the original pitch.

>Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D
This dumpster fire needs to be put out.

And quality. After Legion which has a similar budget, there's NO excuse for AoS being the way it is

>why won't the save No Tomorrow?

The CW only makes dramedies so they can win big industry awards. No Tomorrow isn't winning (or even getting nominated for) any worthwhile awards.

>the real issue the show would have is Joseph morgan doing the second mutant tv show pilot.

He's not doing the show. He was just a fill in for the read-through.

ew.com/tv/2017/03/11/gifted-fox-x-men-series-photo/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

>According to multiple sources, Morgan has not been cast in the series, which also will feature Emma Dumont, Percy Hynes White, Blair Redford, Sean Teale, and Natalie Alyn Lind. It turns out Morgan was merely filling in for the read-through.

it was so cute and inspired me to be healthier
damn it
Jane the Virgin literately jumped the shark this season and has sucked so much since the time jump it should be cancelled, Gina is getting fat and complacent in her acting

>Gotham will last close to 100 episodes. It's part of the contract with WB Television Studios. Unless it falls below a certain threshold (which it hasn't) it will last long enough for a cable syndication package. That's between 88 and 100 episodes. Next season, season four, will be exactly 88 episodes. A short 5th season would get them to 100. Don't expect it to last beyond that, unless Fox is willing to pay more.

Gotham has been at a point where it could end anytime if it wanted, they can just end the current arcs and call it a day, hinting at Bruces future as batman. Bruces training by Ra's will start after the break and we'll see him in action against his evil clone. All loose ends could be done next season. I love this series but it seemed to be heading towards an ending since the season 3 mid season finale.

Gordon doesn't even have a mustache yet

I think Marvel announcing Damage Control hurt Powerless's development.

(Which is a pity because I love the show. It's like a mug of hot cocoa.)

Gotham is dead. Good.

>how to spot a retard

>AoS renewed
And all is right in the world.

Wasn't Powerless announced after Damage Control?

Powerless was in development, at least as a pitch idea since... almost two years ago I think. I read it here a really long time ago.

But the pitch was really different.

>Agents Of NON-CANON
Lol.

who cares about canon as long as it is __fun__

well what was the pitch? fuck

>who cares about canon
But-but Sup Forums told me ... You can't enjoy non-canon shows.

just try and stop me