Hey guys, miss me yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9u14-QBPzSE
youtube.com/watch?v=axHe_BVY_9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> Empire created to save galaxy from Yuuzhan Vong invasion since only strong fascist authority could mobilize the galaxy to fight them properly
> Empire gets destroyed by hipster cucks, Yuuzhan Vong proceed to annihilate 500 trillion people/sentient aliens.

Star Wars was actually red pilled as fuck. What went wrong?

Disney erased the archives.

He's actually being used by Disney on Rebels, whether he makes it into a film is probably more up to the writer/directors because he is old Canon and new.

except in canon and eu, the empire is known to use cheap material for their fighter ships and their land equipment.

>All the EU niggers treating Yuuzahn Vong era like good storytelling
It was fucking terrible

If a bunch of rag tag poorfags can btfo the empire wouldn't the Vong also?

Compared to this shitshow it was Shakespeare.

Two wrongs don't make one right.

I don't remember anyone liking the Vong prior to Disney declaring the EU non-canon.
>"b-but a-atleast i-it's n-not d-disney a-am i-i r-right g-guys???"

Yes.

Who?

True. But choosing the lesser of two evils is still logical.
At least the old continuity had some redeeming qualities: Thrawn, NJO, Legacy. I would be hard pressed to say anything redeeming of 7 and 8 besides the cinematography.

>>"b-but a-atleast i-it's n-not d-disney a-am i-i r-right g-guys???"
The Vong is still shit. What we miss is

Compared to TLJ it's a masterpiece

>Yuuzhan Vong are legitimate galactic-tier threat whose level of power makes sense, "First Order" are just a comically inept nonsensical "not empire" and nobody (even the writers) don't know why it exists.
>Sense of threat and stakes to conflict, as opposed to TFA's bland, harmless atmosphere
>Galaxy seems like a big community instead of a tiny street full of coincidences
>Chewie's death was a heroic sacrifice built up for ages and with meaningful consequences. Han's death in TFA was a shitshow everyone saw coming that was a spit int he face to the audience and just JJ copying Obi-wan in ANH
>Jacen Solo's powerups is somehow much less retarded than Rey being a master-level Jedi with no training
>Did a new thing with the setting (a truly alien outside race invading, republic & empire uniting, etc.) instead of just rehashing Episode 4 near scene-for-scene
>The new alien culture is well-developed and internally logical, as opposed to TFA's throaway gag races built up mostly so JJ could say "LOOK PRACTICAL EFFECTS XDDD"

And I thought I was alone with that mindset. Thanks user.

He's the only good thing about Rebels.

threadly reminder that blue people are now mainstream trash
youtube.com/watch?v=9u14-QBPzSE

Lame villain sue rip off of some animu Nazi, kys

>WE WUZ ADMIRALS N'SHEIT
No thx.

They have been for a while now.
youtube.com/watch?v=axHe_BVY_9c

For millennia, actually.

The thing that really bothers me is that not only did they completely ignore the awesome Thrawn story of the EU and replace it with complete shit, but they also introduced Thrawn and restricted him to fucking Rebels, REBELS, a show which rivals the new trilogy level of garbage.
Why would they do that?

yes thrawn was the only reason to see sequels

This

Because they hate you but they want you to think that they're doing you a favor so you keep supporting them

Their military doctrine was centered around large imposing warships, not small and more nimble fighter craft. So of course they wont use the best for the ships meant for support.

But at least it's not Disney, all right, got it. Fucking moron.

>*inaudible mumbling*

Was expecting for him to show up at the end to either fuck up or help the rebels

They brought him in on Rebels, and he has been owning them in spectacular fashion so far. They also got Based Mads's creepier older brother for the voice

Miss me yet?

The nu-canon Thrawn book makes it pretty obvious that the next big bad will be a threat from outside of known space. Maybe not Vongs but they are going that way.
>Thrawn decides to join the Empire because Chiss have intel on "something" coming from beyond the Outer Rim, and Thrawn sees the Empire as the best chance for Chiss homeworld's protection

I miss this guy. But it's not like Disney or nuBioware will ever give him justice.

>2017
>not joining the Zann consortium
it sure is plebian around here

why does a man need 4 separate pens
does he do that much paperwork?

the guy who does rebels is doing a live action series to launch disney's streaming service, and he has been adding Old Republic things to rebels, like Malachor and The Mandalorian Wars.

Think of the scale of the empire. All those giant spaceships, starbases, planets. Not to mention all those cargo crates. Someone has to sign the paperwork. I mean, they completely forgot about StarKiller Base. Talk about clerical error!

yeah in galactic space warfare only the big space ships are gonna matter
>land engagement
just glass it from space or BLOW THE FUCKING PLANET UP

Honestly, when I first heard they were making a new trilogy I was genuinely looking forward to seeing all of this on the big screen. Fuck me for having any trust in Disney.

The gravest sin of Disney wars is that it makes the Yuuzhan Vong look good. I never thought id see the day.

Christ do I miss you, Thrawn.

The First Order is incredibly easy to justify though.

>shoot down airforce on
>expect the entirety of the US government to fall

at least someone appreciates KOTOR kinema