Muh Nihilism

If Rick and Morty fans are obsessed with nihilism and suicide, why haven't they killed themselves yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E_qvy82U4RE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because watching others do it is hilarious.

Nihilism doesn't point to suicide. Life having no meaning means you decide your own reasons for living.

Because it doesn't matter whether they do or not.

Samurai jack has more to do with suicide and nihilism. Why haven't you offed your self?

Is this going to be a thing now? Jack threads and RnM threads popping up to piss each other off for when Saturday's Jack airs?

Because they can't spout more emo memes once they're gone.

Because they watch the show for entertainment, they don't watch the show because they unironically believe it to be gospel, they aren't you.

if Rick and Morty fans haven't killed themselves yet then why do you assume they are obsessed with nihilism and suicide? seems like you started from a faulty premise there anonymous

One is not directly correlated with the other.

Nihilism is basically Sup Forums's governing philosophy, so unless everyone on Sup Forums is suicidal (which I doubt), you maybe need to revise your mindset, OP.

Anyone read the rick and morty comic? I'm like 5 or 6 pages in of the first issue and it seems shitty, like it was written by somebody other than the dialogue people for the show.

Because it's too fun to point and laugh at pople who take life too seriously, I wouldn't want to miss a minute of it

Because we're not all obsessed with nihilism and suicide?

I actually really liked it.

Because they're actually existentialists, not nihilists.

How, though? These seem like they're different characters, but look and dress like Rick, Morty, and the others.

I've read a lot of fanfiction with problems like this.

Because there wouldn't be a show otherwise.

Also this:I like to think there's two forms of nihilism: positive and negative.

The negative is your standard 'my life is empty so I shitpost day and night while listening to vaporwave and never leave the house' kinda deal.

And the positive is 'I'll fuck the daughter of a murderous emperor while snorting space coke off the dick of a space platypus'. Obviously it doesn't have to be that extreme but basically, if nothing matters, and life never had a higher meaning and never will, and none of your actions have any significance in relation to anything whatsoever... then it gives you limitless freedom. That is only of course if you forgo EVERYTHING in your life and sever any ties that may bind you to anything in any capacity.

Rick still cares about Morty so he's not a perfect example.

You don't understand nihilism.

My personal favorite is optimistic nihilism.

There is no inherent meaning to the universe. Life doesn't have a set purpose. On the one hand, that makes things seem empty at first because there is no grand plan and you have no special destiny.

But its also kind of hopeful, too. We get to establish our own purpose, make our own destiny. Life only has the meaning we give it, so lets make it mean something good. Besides, even if life HAD a meaning, what are the odds you would have been happy with the answer anyway? You really want to find out that the universe exists because thermodynamic entropy is the fetish of some hyperdimensional being living in his dislineral antescendants subplane? That the inevitable heat death of the universe is the 'big payoff'? Would knowing that have magically made you happy?

Probably not! So fuck it. Lets enjoy the ride and try to leave the place better than how we found it. We're all in this together, and if there is no higher power then all we have is each other.

I'm an absurdist. the universe has no meaning but it sure is silly and fun

>why haven't they killed themselves yet?

Because Earth have 7 billions of humans, if R&M fans died, are replaced with others

Beceuse a cartoon isn't the only thing that they have in life unlike people in this board, this i why there is more suicide and depression fags in Tiny Toons threads

Because death is inevitable, there's no need to rush it. Going on the constant adventures they do is a form of suicide anyways, they're asking for death.

The best part about Rick and Morty's fanbase and Rick and Morty's haters is that they all appear to take Rick's character at face value without realising he's not meant to be liked or agreed with.

>Lets enjoy the ride and try to leave the place better than how we found it. We're all in this together, and if there is no higher power then all we have is each other.

Rarely but sometimes, instead cuck namecalling and shitty tired memes user posts something really hopeful. And it makes me smile even for just a moment.

>he thinks nihilism is all about "abloo bloo bloo, nothing matters I wanna dieeeeeee"

You know he doesn't mean that shit, right?

This is Sup Forums. Nothing matters and everything is a joke. Optimism comes here to get curbstomped.

youtu.be/E_qvy82U4RE

did you not see this?

Well, they actually did say that's it's not the same Rick and Morty from the show, so, I guess that's their way out of that one.

because the fans are mortys

Says you.

If you insist on living your life in the unhappiest way possible... I guess I can't stop you. But I just come here to talk about cartoons and stuff.

Why come here if not to find other people who like the same things you like?

Yeah I know. Don't ruin my small glimpse of happiness thank you.

>Why come here if not to find other people who like the same things you like?

To watch your optimism die. Please, go to Sup Forums and expedite the process.

It's especially jarring since the season 1 finale all but said Rick is more of a cautionary tale against his brand of nihilism.

>one episode mentions suicide
>has more to do with suicide

you arent very bright are you?

I did see this. It was actually the scene that made me want to start this thread

>Sup Forums
>nihilistic

Its already a thing
Unfortunately

That's stupid, find the inherent pattern of what makes you feel good towards other and cultivate it instead of throwing away everything that you learn because it means nothing to keep chasing the happy.