Just marathoned this bad boy

Just marathoned this bad boy.

Overall, breddy good movie. Left me feeling a little spooked. I like all of the attention paid to specific body parts, puberty, and anatomy. What message it was trying to convey is still buried in my head and I'll probably be thinking about this movie for a few days.

I want to talk about the very ending and the look two characters flash each other. Thoughts? Was it all a ruse?

I'll bump because I actually like this movie and I'm sick of Star Wars threads.

It's terrible shit, like everything its meme director does. No meaning, no stakes, nothing.

I found it entertaining and refreshing in a world full of movies about grown men running around in tights and capes trying to stop a giant blue beam blasting into the sky from destroying a random town.

Not every movie has to have such an in-your-face "meaning" or message for it to be compelling.

I thought this was pretty entertaining after I stopped taking it so seriously. It just felt like a black comedy. Emotionless characters "reacting" to these fucked up situation made for an interesting watch. I haven't watched any of the directors other movies, but are they all really like this?

>I haven't watched any of the directors other movies, but are they all really like this?
Yes he's: DUDE autistic people LMAO the director. I used to hate him specially after watching the lobster (dog tooth wasn't as awful but still) But the killing of a sacred deer was pretty good and fucking hilarious

The very robotic delivery of the dialogue and the way the characters speak with each other was jarring at first. It eventually feels fitting. It takes place in a world where supernatural shit can fuck with people and tip the balances of justice. I wouldn't expect it to feel like a conventional movie given its main themes or else it'd feel like horrible Blumhouse-tier jumpscare shlock.

It is hilarious. Some macho fucking doctor dude's life gets completely fucked because of some autistic ass kid who can barely function.

But the world isn't full of that unless you choose to give that stuff your attention.

No, but it has to be artistically valid. If the people in it have no meaning, you're not much better off than you would be watching those movies. Yorgos's characters have no more chance to be fully human than franchise movie characters do.

Yes, he's garbage.

It made me angry that the only one who died
bob was the one who deserved to die least.

Wife was a cheating whore,

Daughter was an ungrateful bitch who was still in love with the very person who lead to her brother being killed in the end of the film.

By leaving the choice to chance he only fucked himself over.

Made me laugh and simeltaniously feel bad when the kid obviously cuts his hair and wants to do household chores because he knows his dad will kill him because he loves him least and then cuts to farrell's character breaking down crying because he can see straight through it and obviously doesnt want to kill his son because he does love him.

The donut scene, the walking scene, the scene where farrell goes to martin's house and shouts abuse at him all made me laugh quite hard.

I'd probably give it a 7.5/10

it was better than both the lobster and dogtooth.

I feel like it didnt have the artistic depth of those two films in the way it went about it's themes, but it was structured much better and actually had a solid story to grasp on to instead of just being obvious allegorys for society like in the other two films.

Forgot about the walking scene. And the strange story about fapping and shit.

I was hoping he would kill the daughter or even himself. That final scene in the diner where she turns around and flashes Martin a little smirk on her way out the door. Rage inducing.

>The very robotic delivery of the dialogue and the way the characters speak with each other was jarring at first. It eventually feels fitting.
I didn't catch it until the scene where Martin tells Steve his family is poisoned and he doesn't even react. Then I realized, this wasn't just a conventional movie, like you said and that's what eased a lot of tension and made this a pretty funny movie with a fucked up ending.

I didn't like that either. Everyone was weird and robotic, but I couldn't help but feel for Bob because he was the first to get ill and the only innocent one.

>That final scene in the diner where she turns around and flashes Martin a little smirk on her way out the door. Rage inducing.
Someone posted in a thread that that was showing that Martin no longer has control over her. Notice in the beginning, Martin says he eats his fries last. The first thing she did was eat her fries and it seemed to trigger Martin. I don't know if that's true, because how would she know how he eats his fries, but it's better than thinking she still likes him.

I noticed it, too. Maybe she's picking up where he left off? I don't know. It's definitely in there for a reason.

It was grim at times and pretty emotional. But the crippling autism on display throughout the movie lightens shit up a bit. He also slurped a soda in the opening bits and didn't use a straw. In the end, he's sipping water from a straw. They zoomed in hard on that soda slurp in the beginning so... who knows?

I was watching it as some kinda drama/thriller at first. Thinking its some dark pedo shit going on between Martin and Steve and that's why he didn't call the police at first.

the movie was about mythology
i cant remember the names tho, but there is a myth about a deity who has to kill a family member or something because he angers another deity

Iphigenia. It's referenced in the movie when they're talking about the daughter's school work and she wrote an essay or some shit on this story.

Ew, the guy who did The Lobster? I'll pass.

There was no "message" in the sense you're using, UNCOUPLE your fucking mind from the training advertising has made you undergo jesus christ

It's not a deity, its Agammemnon who boasted about KILLING A SACRED DEER and then Athena or Artemis got super fucking assmad and fucked him over until he sacrificed his daughter

THE FIRST DIRECTION HE SHOT IN WAS THE ONE CHANCE INTENDED, HE SHOULDA KILLED HIS WIFE

The first shot was closest to the daughter though.

I think he put the mask on to actually shield himself from his inhumane decision. He had decided to kill bobby after the second stray shot but wanted to lie to himself and pretend it was fate rather than admitting to himself that he made the decision and that he loved his son less than the others.

Look how he turned straight towards bobby and shot, he knew exactly where everyone in the room was in relation to him. he put the mask on and span around to pretend it was just a random act of god when he killed his son but it was inedeed his doing, similarly to when he killed martin's dad. His choices lead to the death and he avoids responsibility throughout the whole film.

No one in the movie was all that functional.

>hello I have been on this earth at least two decades and I have never spun around in the middle of a room

yeah note that he lifts his mask twice in between and obviously has a baring on where he is in the room.

It fits in to the director's style and themes of the film perfectly.

I would love to gouge your eyes out.

People found this film funny?

I was just filled with a sense of unease throughout the film.

see after ten or so rotations its impossible to have your bearing.