Call movie Justice League

>Call movie Justice League
>Non of the characters act like the characters from the Justice League comics
What's the point of calling it Justice League or Man or Steel Or Batman when I don't actually get to see Clark or Barry or Bruce?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=14dOICbwSIs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Snyder is elevating the characters and genre as a whole by making them more complex

I implore you: please, just stop it. Stop posting shitty threads about movies you don't like, just to keep going around and around and around with the exact same circular arguments over and over. Half of you don't even believe what you're posting, so why are you bothering? Is your life that empty? It doesn't have to be.

Look, this is the comics board. Why don't you just go read some? We even post them right here on the board for you. You can go read and be happy, and discuss with us things you actually enjoy. Or you can go watch a movie you may actually like, or you can go play a video game. Just do something that makes you happy, instead of this.

Maybe you really do enjoy this, in which case, maybe there's just no helping you. But I guarantee you there's something better than this. Surely there's something you can do that will stimulate your mind more, or something you can create to enrich your life. You could be learning to speak another language, or to play an instrument, or to draw and create your own comics and cartoons. If you have friends you could be out with them having a good time and making memories, and if you don't, you could be out making them. These people here are not your friends, they're your enemies, and you're the ones making them into enemies.

>More complex
Edgy doesn't mean more complex user.

Kek.

youtube.com/watch?v=14dOICbwSIs

Not agreeing with him, and that was clearly a shitpost, but Sup Forums calls fucking Gods and Monsters, Batman Begins etc edgy.

Sup Forums has a REALLY fucked up Overton Window as far as what is edgy.
I personally think it's because of all the little children's cartoons you guys consume.

>Superman is a heroic and kind man who does what's right despite scrutiny, and sacrificed his life for mankind
>Batman is a cynical and paranoid crimefighter with psychological issues
>Flash is a light spirited and somewhat dorky guy
>Aquaman is the serious and non-nonsense King of Atlantis

We haven't seen enough of Wonder Woman or Cyborg to get a feel for them, but seriously. What said.

Gods and Monsters killed off all the cool DC scientists for no reason. Fuck that shit.

Good man.

See what I mean?

Why aren't these Bullshit bait threads deleted?

Because these movies arent made for people who read comics user

>if I am an idiot and and stretch and make the most basic parts seem almost similar than it's true!
By your stupidinity Hitler and Steve Irwin are totally the same because they both liked animals!
No you dummy. Superman wasn't a nice guy, he didn't go and help the little man while trying to motivate the average person to be better, he didn't care about the people around him, he wasn't a loving and understanding person.

>MOM HE KEEPS INSULTING SNYDER
>STOP INSULTING SNYDER HIS MOVIES ARE GOOD!

>Catalog
I don't agree with him about aquaman, but the amount of asspain about Snyder Supes is unreal.
He's a very similar character, just more insecure. And that has been changing movie to movie.

>MomoAquaman
>Serious and no-nonsense
Have you... watched the Justice league trailer? What you're describing as 'no-nonsense', is just bitter, violent, and surly.

>EzraFlash
I don't recall Barry being a spergy NEET who desperately 'needs... friends' and looks like a fucking tween when he gets his powers. That bears no resemblance to any Barry, ever - you could make a case for it being Wally, but he was always outgoing/confident quippy yet surprisingly smart kid as opposed to reclusive dork.

>Batman is a cynical and paranoid crimefighter with psychological issues
I love Batfleck, but you have to realise that that's such an open-ended statement that you just described about 40% of cape characters.

Why does Sup Forums defend their favorite properties being raped on screen? Sure not all of Sup Forums but a decent portion of Sup Forums. If you idiots didn't defend shit we wouldn't be served shit all the time.

I can only speak for me, and i'm this guy.
I'm just not "with" Sup Forums or Mark Waid on this issue.
I love ASS, I love Secret Identity, I love Up, Up and Away, and I love Snyder Supes.

>man of steel
>BvS
>JL
WHY DOES HE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS?

>Do you bleed?
How do you like this edgy fuck?

>Complex
>Snyder
>Goyer

R u srs?

>What's the point of calling it Justice League or Man or Steel Or Batman when I don't actually get to see Clark or Barry or Bruce?
It's about superheroes regaining hope and slowly returning back to their roots, why is that so hard to understand for Sup Forums and Sup Forums?

>inb4 they are rushing they should have done unnecesary standalone movies about the characters
You wanted four more movies with the same dark tone instead of resolving the plot? You fail to understand that DCEU's base is different from Marvel's.

In the MCU, superheroes only started to appear after Iron Man revealed himself as Tony Stark (even Vision says this) which is why stand-alone/origin stories were needed.

Meanwhile, in the DCEU, super-powered people were already there even before Superman came, but they became disillusioned after years from fighting so they decided to hide. Superman's sacrifice is what inspires them to come back again, which is what the Snyder films are about, stand-alone movies are not needed now but later.

MCU is also about an espionage agency making a task-force whereas the DCEU is about how the world would react if a man revealed himself to be an alien.

Idk go ask James Gunn and his characters who don't act like Guardians of the Galaxy.

What roots?

>hich is why stand-alone/origin stories were needed.
>Meanwhile, in the DCEU, super-powered people were already there even before Superman came, but they became disillusioned after years from fighting so they decided to hide.
That's a lot of supposition on your part. Batman was always hiding in this universe; that's why he's still an urban legend. We don't know why Wonder Woman quit for a hundred years (and the rumors are that the movies aren't gonna actually explain why). Everyone else is new.

You gave it your best user, but I think it's too late for him.
Too late for most of us ...

>BAAAWWWWWWW
>IM BITCHING ABOUT A MOVIE I HAVENT EVEN WATCHED
>BAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW

It's funny, they're judging all this by the trailers alone, while ironically Man of Steel would be great if we judged it from its trailer.

>implying that Batman isn't edgy
I didn't really have a problem with that line, idk. It felt theatrical in that way Batman is supposed to be. The 'You will' was a little unnecessary, but i digress.

I like Batfleck because i feel like he was one of the few actors in BvS to actually portray what they were intending to. When i see that film, i see missed potential. Its themes, its ideas, the beautiful shots - they're all interesting individually. However, when mashed together and covered with Snyder's heavy handed, pretentious, and 15-year-old-tier nihilistic Randian bullshit/religious symbolism, it becomes a pile of shit.

Batfleck nailed the intensity of Bruce, his martha-rescuing fight scene (though the choreographer's decisions really) was the best Bat-fight we've ever had, and his scenes with Alfred in the cave were mainly bretty gud. You got a real sense that he'd seen some shit.
The fact that his actions didn't make sense and that he sperged out over muh Martha, and of course, the killing thing, were Goyer/Snyder's fault. He deserved to be Batman in a much better movie.

I'm okay with Henry, too - in the moments where his only direction isn't to *stare off slightly to the left of the camera with a vaguely constipated expression" i can see him being a great Superman. The reason i actually liked MoS was because of some of his more chill moments, and because I thought he'd actually address and grow from the trauma of the Battle of Metropolis/Zod killing. I don't know why, but i feel like Henry could have grown into a great Superman - but he hasn't. And I don't think he will.

You're right about that, i give you that. What i wanted to say is that there's no need for stand-alone movies in the DCEU right now, because it's not about "introducing characters just for the sake of putting more people in our superhero team", it's just that people think everything has to be done the Marvel way.
You can have your Flash and Aquaman movie later without being distracted with references to "the big event".

>I don't recall Barry being a spergy NEET who desperately 'needs... friends' and looks like a fucking tween when he gets his powers. That bears no resemblance to any Barry, ever - you could make a case for it being Wally, but he was always outgoing/confident quippy yet surprisingly smart kid as opposed to reclusive dork.
I'll bite: What is Barry's personalty?
The comic version so far is plain as stale bread that has honey on top.

NOLAN
O
L
A
N

I think that's a little disingenous. It's not so much "The Marvel Way(tm)" as it's a greater feeling of disconnect between audience and character that people are theorizing solos would help mitigate.

For my part, rather than having to constantly being told to come back and they'll have the Superman I want to see next time (for three movies now) I'd have liked to have gotten one solid one without complication before the big crossover, because as it stands I didn't really feel the ideological conflict or contrasting tones in BvS at all.

Yet at the same time, I don't feel any hype for Justice League because, let's face it, the big crossover already happened. Now it's just a macguffin fight with some extra C listers, one of which I've already had my fill of via the TV show.

Whitebread *is* a personality. Just because it's not a particularly big dynamic one or one you like doesn't mean it's not one.