Just back from the movie

This is how they destroy Snoke's ship
>this giant ass piece of shit is shooting at the rebel transport ships escaping their capital ship for a planet
the admiral on the capital ship sees this and turns it around to face snoke's ship
she goes to lightspeed towards it and cuts snoke's ship in half (and some star destroyers close by i think)

My favourite scene from the movie
also ask me anything but be warned i will not make up shit and i will not black text my replies

>does luke drink the milk from a sea elephant
yes and it drips down his beard while he looks at Rey

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/kunpg
youtube.com/watch?v=LVczx7GIWXc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

streamable.com/kunpg
don't forget the best part

yes but just to clarify he doesn't drink it directly
he squirts it into a bottle then drinks the bottle

Who all dies?

>you can just destroy everything by hyperspace ramming it
why isnt everyone using misiles with hyperspace drives and shit?

it only works if a stronk wimmin is doing it

>snoke from lightsaber by kylo
>luke from the force calling him or some shit
>phasma falls into a pit of fire after her helmet gets broken and we get a glimpse at her eye (probably will come back as a cyborg)
i think that's it

I'm pretty sure Rose is dead by the end. I think Finn was only dragging her corpse. Face was covered.

Also movie is like 3/10. Absolute mess with few good scenes.

phasma
laura dern
snoke
luke
admiral ackbar

Oh, and Ackbar dies.

at the end she is lying down in the Falcon and Finn is caring for her and sets a blanket on her so i'm sure she lives

i'm sorry man but the fat asian tranny is alive

Literally how could she survive that? Whatever, this is a kids movie now.

>now

They've always been kids movies retard. The bottomline has been merchandise since RotJ

the fact that she barely does anything and we see her eye makes me think we'll see her eye again but with a rebuilt body à la Robocop

The enemy ship immediately detects that the ship is preparing for hyper space, but the general decides to ignore it and instead keeps firing at the transporters.
To me it's super funny that it's all a tactical mistake by Hux. Probably every general ever knows you have to prevent ships from going hyper space on you, but Hux is just THAT bad of a general.
Vice Admiral Holdo probably thought "I'm going to redirect some of their fire, by forcing them to shoot me. This is the least I can do. ... Wait, are they ignoring me? This is too easy. What a bunch of idiots."

Does Rey drink the milk?

she wouldn't have prepared for hyper space if she just planned on drawing fire though

no

>the Starkiller base gets blown up by a few X wings shooting the right places
>Snoke's super super super star destroyer gets blown up in its first movie unlike the SSD from The Empire Strikes Back

I'm sure whatever giant space thing the First Order has in episode 9 will be intimidating and create a lot of suspense.

Literally why didn't they use the other 2 large support ships to do exactly this and destroy Snoke's ship from the start? Oh wait.. it's a Disney movie.

>FTL Artillery
See this is where you can tell the people who are writing the new movies don't understand the old ones.
Star Wars was made to be a medieval fairy tale World War 2 samurai Flash Gordon western.

Everyone who spends a while critically analyzing Star Wars can see the Death Star is a big impractical liability, but the Evil Lord has to have a big impenetrable castle. Everyone can work out that X-Wings and TIE Fighters should be piloted by Droids instead of being repaired by them, and everyone can see that there's no point in having a fleet or a Death Star or performing the trench run when you can just kamikaze a medium-sized freighter into a planet or a base at lightspeed.

The point is that you shouldn't be critically analysing the technical accuracy of the film, you should be watching breathlessly to see whether or not the farm boy's friends can help him survive the dark lord samurai German fighter ace on his tail.
Disney's dumbass writers bringing modern military sense into a film series where we had trench warfare in the age of robots and space battleships think they're being clever but they're actually shattering the illusion, because the second you start thinking in those terms you realise that none of it makes sense anyway and you start thinking of your movie in terms of a documentary like a fucking retard

no
she shares the reaction of the audience
which is 'what in th flying fuck'

If she had just turned she wouldn't have posed a threat. She had to engage hyper space to force them to attack her, or else what happened happens.

>she shares the reaction of the audience
But I never had a reaction when I seen that part.

I said the general audience not sick degenerates like you

can we talk about the gremlin from GoT being on the bridge of the rebel cruiser?

I just realized
>pink haired stronk women takes down the supremacy
this movie is mindblowing

Your truth makes me sad.

oh yeah there's so much "diversity" rammed all the way through
>except for the first order where literally everyone except finn is white
really made me think

Yeah, Revenge of the Sith was so childish. I'm sure little boys loved it when Anakin burned in lava.

Because the technology to detect objects in hyperspace, prevent objects from entering hyperspace, and forcibly remove objects from hyperspace exists and is used in space combat extensively to prevent literally this exact thing from happening.

But Disney decided ebin action climaxes were more important than having a universe that makes sense so you can just fucking kamikaze a star destroyer like nothing now.

LOOK AT THOSE BIG DIRTY MILKERS

And what would attacking her even do? Hyperspace jump takes a second. And Raddus had powerful shields up.

That's the goddamn Peacemillion.

More like why aren't there large drone ships that can destroy anything by jumping into hyperspace?

Oh wait, that's before previously there were gravity wells and shields could stop warping ships. Remember fucking Vader in R1?

Snoke's ship isn't cut in half and destroyed. It gets like a gash torn in one of it's 'wings'

Debris from the Rebel capital ship disintegrating hits it's support Star Destroyers and blows them up though.

We can only assume it's easy to prevent, because it's not done every time. We are theorizing here, just think of a reason. Like, fire at the ship constantly, if it hyper jumps, the first thing it does is ramming the fire at the speed of light. Surely that'll disintegrate it instantly. Or something.

Like 1/3 of the ship is completely fucked.

>Remember fucking Vader in R1?
Holy shit.. you're right. I actually thought R1 was shit, but I've changed my mind after watching TLJ, I take it back.

Why couldn't they just do this to the death star?

Here is my theory: writers of this movie are fucking retards who don't give a fuck about SW and SW lore.

here's my theory: writers of this movie HATE SW and SW lore

probably would have looked dumb with the tech they had at the time
the CGI in TLJ made it look pretty good, think anime time freeze, the whole time there is no sound and it's at the climax of the action scene, with kylo and rey fighting while finn and rose are about to get killed

>they kill Mark Hamill
>when the IRL Leia is dead but her character survives

Rebellion didn't have the ships to do it to Death Star 1

Death Star 2 had an impenetrable fuck off force field around it and a huge support fleet blocking the way

Didn't they do that in the rebels cartoon?
Bitch stole that shit from Hera.

its not even subtle. but look deeper, the pink haired stronk woman dies while doing it. its a metaphor for the destruction of our society.

the liberal feminazis suicidal tirade against white man destroys both in the end, and all thats left is the diversity brigade on the millenial falcon. like the kikes running disney intend

*Blocks your asspull*

>religiously ate up SW shit for 30 odd years, beginning when he was a kid and saw ANH or was a kid and saw TPM
>TLJ is fucking awful
>"whatever this is a kids movie now"

PTPM was undeniably a kids movie. Same with AotC. Way to pick the darkest SW since Empire tho you really proved me wrong. Forget about the Clone Wars cartoons or the movie. But even still RotS was primarily targeted at the teens who grew up with TPM and AotC and bought all those toys and played all those video games. So you're still wrong faggot.

At the end of the movie I had only one question:
Who the Fuck was Snoke?

>prequels
who cares? Lucas was coked out of his mind when he made them
Star Wars ended in 83'

Does that mean that Snoke is really Zechs?

Supreme Leader (former) of the First Order

Anyone talked about Maz spoilers yet?

The Good
>The framing of Luke's death, even if everything else about it was an abomination
>Kylo and Rey exhibiting varying degrees of character development
>Salt planet battle was visually quite striking
>Most scenes with Dameron as the central focus

The Could have been better but still just about acceptable
>Not-Monte Carlo if that subplot had any point at all besides serving as containment for the minorities (and Del Toro's character was pretty good)
>Throne Room scene (excluding the baffling choice to kill Snoke)
>opening space battle excluding flying Leia and destruction of the Dreadnought

The What the fuck
>Superman Leia
>Final scene with broom boy
>Destruction of Luke's character
>Chewbacca existing solely so the Porgs could interact with him (and R2 and C3PO serving no purpose again)
>seal-sloth titty milk
>the fact that the Galactic Conflict which frames all of this still makes absolutely no sense.
>Phasma's pointless appearance and death
>Purple haired woman who is portrayed as an utter bitch is actually a selfless hero. She wasn't able to tell Poe her actually plan because...? Also had to stay behind on the cruiser to pilot it when all it had to do was maintain course and this could easily be done using a droid or some sort of autopilot.

A literally who, just like Rey's parents

We learn nothing about him.

Did you not notice the large amount of asian people in the first order?

what'd you think about yoda
i loved that he was exactly like when Luke meets and train him, it really made it feel like Star Wars

yeah nevermind i forgot about those
still mostly white and zero darkies though

he's a perpetual

Well I can tell you, I watched RotS when I was 7 or 8 for the first time with my dad. It scared the living shit out of me and disturbed me for quite some time. It's really not a kids movie.

>you can destroy entire fleets by ramming it at hyperspeed

so why did the rebels never do this against the death star

She's in it for 90 seconds as a hologram, fighting some monsters or whatever that are outside of the projection.She sents Finn and his chink on their way to find a code breaker on Canto. That's it. Good choice by Rian, she's worse than Jar Jar.

because the lore wasn't ruined yet

i remember in the EU they used to have interdictors and shit to prevent FTL and i think the death star had one?

It was weird having him a CGI version of a puppet, but it made some sense I suppose. Apart from the fact that the message linked back to the butchering of Luke's character, it wasn't too bad. It probably goes into the second category

>She wasn't able to tell Poe her actually plan because...?

The Admiral didn't owe an explanation to the recently demoted rule breaking maverick pilot whose disobeying of orders cost the Rebels a ton of irreplaceable assets and lives

Like she tells him to fuck off and go do his job. He then proceeds to launch another rogue plan that ultimately results in deaths of most of the remaining Rebels.

His literal character development is he finally backs off from one of his schemes at the end instead of burning more lives on a daring plan.

yeah, I remember that from the game Empire at War. But that kind of clashes with the whole hyperdrive through hanger doors, into atmosphere and into ships so whatever

she is literally a traitor though, the camo technology plot device is nonsense

wait is the deflector shield doing that or Vader?

It looked shit when it first appeared, but weirdly once it got closer and you saw more detail it looked really good.

jarjar abraham doesn't understand space or time, so the laws of reality in his movies aren't canon

remember the falcon had to calculate FTL jumps so they didn't jump into a black hole etc etc

no problem here, jump in and jump out in seconds

The guy blew up Starkiller few hours ago for fuck's sake. He deserved explanation. So did other pilots.

it really annoys me that the new republic just died with no explanation, we just get a line in the opening crawl. thats it.

where is the new republic fleet? it isn't one fucking system.

>jarjar abraham doesn't understand space or time
Most sci-fi movies are not made by scientists
Unfortunately

>medieval fairy tale ww2 samurai flash gordon western
finally someone else gets this. The entire series is beyond redemption at this point. All of GL's stuff is canon as far as I am concerned, even "sand is coarse." Everything from Disney is nu-Star Wars and I will never give them another cent. In fact, I will never give anything owned by Disney money.

Yeah I appreciate that that was the overall arc but it's not like they thought there were any spies on board or some way the bad guys would get wind of the plan. All she had to say was "We're going to set up a decoy, then set up on that planet over there with what we have left." Poe's not an idiot, he just wants to get things done: her telling him that plan would have solved lots of problems for no risk whatsoever.

The best post I've read on Sup Forums all night.

>implying this makes it better

interstellar at least made an attempt. jarjar on the other hand thinks you can see other planets in a solar system from the ground like they were the moon. he's done it since trek '09. he's clinically retarded when it comes to the laws of reality.

>Star Wars was made to be a medieval fairy tale World War 2 samurai Flash Gordon western.
this, you're meant to be looking at the bigger more emotional romantic picture. The reason why nu-wars is shit is because they dont have souls. despite all the problems with the prequels they were still star wars at their core

We're talking about Rose, you nitwit. Not Phasma

>that scene where Luke reveals he was the "giv milkies" poster all along
didn't really add anything to the film, did it Disney?

>implying
it doesn't make it better, but i wouldn't believe Sup Forums either if it told me that luke sucked milk out of a double pair of big humanoid titties slapped on a seal-sloth alien that looks at rey while he does it

This is what doesn't make any sense. They should have countless races helping fight the First Order. Wtf?

>despite all the problems with the prequels they were still star wars at their core
Again, it's nice to see other people who get it.

Why Leia did not just fly to Snookie's shit and used her force powers to destroy it from the inside?

This could have been cool if it was outside of an otherwise horribly shitty movie.

Though the idea of after all these millennia of hyperspace and starships, ships not having a defense against kamikaze is a bit bizarre

Poe is Leia's pet project. Another Admiral who doesn't have that personal relationship with him doesn't need to giv ehim the same latitude since what they know of him is not so good

Maz's scene felt like an "old grandma is actually an action hero" joke

I felt like being run over by a train in slow motion.

>Saw the animal
>Though "ah, mfw we meme'd about him actually milking dem tiddies, they would never do that"
>He starts milking
>dripdrip.gif
>It all happened so fast, officer
They only went and fucking did it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LVczx7GIWXc
Why do we love 'schlock' too? whether a film is masterful in every respect or poor and ridiculous in every respect we still enjoy films because we find them fundamentally relatable and honest. The films have souls, you can feel the directors and writers coming through. We dont have that with much of the corporate produced cookie cutter shit. its all 'pew pew yas queen slay'. theyre film corpses. The Prequels came from a better time.

It comes up. Leia and the surviving Resistance send out a call to their assets outside the core worlds to come help them.

They don't answer the call.

Like the end of the movie is them talking about how the dozen or so Resistance survivors now have to start a new Rebel Alliance.

>millennial falcon
underrated

why won't the republic just stop the first order now that everyone knows about them

iirc that's not how lightspeed works in the SW universe.

>A few hours ago
What exactly is the time frame for this movie? Is it seriously only a few hours after TFA?

Why the fuck did they give a purple haired literal who the kamikaze death? This pisses me off so much. Who the fuck is Holdo? If you are going to kill Ackbar, why not have him be the one to suicide ram in the end?

Oh right. Cause shit writing. They had to have someone with gurl power and incompetent enough that she constantly stares at the transports being destroyed before whipping the ship around to crash it when Ackbar would have turned it the moment they got discovered and rammed it.

Fuck this shit movie.
Filled with fucking plot nonsense and nonsense writing.
>Rose comes in at an angle to intercept Finn when Finn was flying head on a straight course when Rose had already turned around

Enough people have been sacrifised today.