Star wars completely ruined

>star wars completely ruined
you just KNOW lotr is next

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJXJQfR0oOw
maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lotr/images/b/b1/2014-10-10_00015.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141011051426
i.ytimg.com/vi/h2tRJSBUXfk/maxresdefault.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lotr was already ruined.

Middle Earth was ruined by The Hobbit films

This.

The hobbit films came no where close to butchering lotr like TLJ did star wars.

just flip the switch already

youtube.com/watch?v=wJXJQfR0oOw

LotR was butchered by Peter Jackson's LotR adaptations, not his Hobbit movies.

Those films are so overwhelmingly overrated by you illiterate plebians it makes my head spin. Jackson was no less adept at fucking up the first time around, it was just more subdued because, for the most part, he was bound to what Tolkien had actually written.

Hobbit Trilogy is god tier compared to nuWars.

get a load of this guy. Just like the first 3 seasons of GoT were shit because muh book changes.

The first two hobbit movies are actually ok. Bofa was literal cancer

The GOT books were pulp trash to begin with so no harm done, really.

Cry more, Sup Forumstard manchild

t. soiboi

Hobbit is salvagable. The problem with the Hobbit is that it went too long and filled the Hobbit story with fucktonnes of filler, but the scenes to make a good movie are still there and look, fans have actually made a good movie out of it.

maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit

For a Fan edit it's pretty good and there are only like 3 egregious cuts. (Them suddenly arriving at Rivendell after the trolls, leaving rivendell without Gandalf without explaining where Gandalf is, the keyhole scene was cut down too much ruining the pacing of the scene)

LOTR was ruined because they never made Kubrick's version starring The Beatles.

What do you think the flaws are to the LOTR books?

HAHAHAHA BETTER GET READY FOR GAME OF THRONES """"REALISM"""" BEING HAMFISTED INTO A PRACTICALLY DEVOID-OF-LORE LOTR TIMELINE

The Hobbit movies already exist.

PJ couldn't into Tolkien's euphemisms at all
>"guys what does the eye of sauron mean???"
>"nevermind if it means sauron's all seeingness as a divine being, its a real eye now bros"

Off the top of my head I wouldn't be able to list them all but here goes:

>Sauron losing his ring in the most retarded way possible

>Elrond taking Isildur into the forge and not succumbing to the ring too, somehow

>Sauron the evil lighthouse

>Arwen the stonk womyn

>Eowyn the doe-eyed damsel

>Boromir being set up as an untrustworthy, shady type

>Denethor also being made out as a bad guy

>all of the undue emphasis and baseless internal conflict pushed onto Aragorn

>Galadriel going super-saiyan

>Treebeard not already knowing that Sauruman was leveling Fangorn, having to be tricked into finding out

>Frodo telling Sam to go home

>ghosts at the Pelennor Fields

>the ring sending out a magical GPS signal to the ringwraiths in the first movie, and then conveniently not doing so when Sam wore it in Cirith Ungol

>Frodo pushing Gollum into the lava when he just wanted the ring for himself at that point

uhhh what else

>Sauruman

Er, Saruman.

I know you're talking about LOTR but can we just mention that Gandalf had an elven ring while being non-canon captured by Sauron in The Hobbit, even though Sauron was looking for the elven rings too?
TOP FUCKING KEK

Hey at least the peter jackson movies established set/costume designs that makes everyone look like D&D larpers so it will look distinct in that regard

By the same token, there's plenty of scenes in LotR that are straight up better than their book counterpart; The council of the Wise, Gandalf being the one to push to go to Moria, the "We can't get out" stuff, Gandalf talking to Frodo about Gollum, The Elves arriving to help at Helms Deep, etc.

There's plenty the books did better, pretty much everything with Gimli was better in the books, Galadrial was far better in the books, and such. But overall, the movies were still pretty damn good and pretty damn faithful.

I know people get their knickers in a twist about Tom Bombadil, but his section adds nothing to the story except giving them swords they don't need. I've always found it an absolute slog to get though. Losing the battle for the Shire was a shame though.

I don't even blame Jackson for the Hobbit films, he was left holding the bag of shit that Guillermo created, wasn't much he could do with that.

It will be with the Amazon series.
>mfw I become a radical Eru-ist

>The Elves arriving to help at Helms Deep

That has no book counterpart you drooling mongoloid. Opinion discarded as you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

>but his section adds nothing to the story except giving them swords they don't need.

Except when one was used to kill the Witch King? Again, what the hell are you saying?

Isn't that pretty true to the books?

>Sauron the evil lighthouse

He's literally known as the Great Eye, it's kinda hard to show him without some kinda eye reference, I'm not sure if he even has a body at this point or if he's practically a wraith.

Also, sidenote, Gandalf is FAR more pleasant/friendly in the movies. He's far more commanding and rude in the books, to the point of being a dick to his friends at times.

r8 my cast for Amazon's remake where they adapt one season per book.

>but his section adds nothing to the story
pleb detected. if you didn't get the point of bombadil, you're a failure as a human being

>Isn't that pretty true to the books?

It absolutely fucking isn't. Isildur lifted the ring from his stone dead ass.

>He's literally known as the Great Eye

It's his emblem, he's not actually a giant eyeball.

Like the prequels, nulotr will probably be so shit people start jerking it to the Hobbit films

>That has no book counterpart you drooling mongoloid. Opinion discarded as you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes there is, the Elves fighting the second army near Laketown, which isn't shown in the movies. Regardless, it's a great moment and really well done.

>Except when one was used to kill the Witch King? Again, what the hell are you saying?

They're part of the army at that point and that's after they've left both Rivendell, Moria and Lorien, there's no reason they couldn't have gotten swords from any of those places.

Regardless, I'm pretty certain they lose the swords from Tom when captured by the Orcs anyway.

>Isn't that pretty true to the books?
Sauron gets killed in 6v1 battle royale. Isildur takes the ring from saurons soulless corpse

>He's literally known as the Great Eye
no he isnt

>Yes there is, the Elves fighting the second army near Laketown, which isn't shown in the movies.

How the fuck is that the counterpart to Elves fighting at Helm's Deep?

>there's no reason they couldn't have gotten swords from any of those places.

None of those swords would have been magic swords from ARNOR you idiot. Arnor, the sister kingdom of Gondor which was destroyed by ANGMAR. Those weapons were enchanted AGAINST THE WITCH KING'S MAGICS. Nothing else would have popped the Witch King's invincibility bubble, allowing Eowyn to kill him.

Look you're clearly a wiki scholar so why don't you go answer your own questions by reading the book at this point?

Gil-Galad and Elendil managed to knock him down, there's no indication he was killed. Isildur just cut the ring off him.

What point? He was literally a bedside tale for Tolkein's kids that got put into the books. He has no relevance or meaning to the rest of the story and his section is just a meandering sideplot.

They get attacked by an evil tree. Hippy guy saves them. They spend the night. They get attacked by ghosts. Hippy saves them again, and gives them swords.

The only interesting part was Frodo choosing not to abandon his friends despite his fear in the moment of conflict.

I'm more offended they left out Frodo's habit of yelling out random Elven catchphrases when he fights.

His Orcs do refer to him as "the eye" IIRC.

>Sauron gets killed in 6v1 battle royale. Isildur takes the ring from saurons soulless corpse

Link that section, because I absolutely don't remember it being stated that he was killed, just that Isildur cut off the ring after the others died.

>no he isnt

Is that why the Orcs from his side literally refer to him as the Great Eye in TT?

But that's more of a nod to his all-seeing nigh-divine nature rather than a literal eye.

Yes, correct.

If in Amazon series Sauron is not sexy enough, we riot.

You have my axe.

>cast square faced bloke instead similar to how rape of mordor made him look instead

His beautiful body drowned with Numenor. From that point on he couldn't even manifest a new form that didn't look as horrifying as he really was.

>How the fuck is that the counterpart to Elves fighting at Helm's Deep?

It's the Elves, who've practicality given up on Middle Earth, still coming to the aid of their one time allies (kinda, since these aren't "Great" men) and pushing back the forces of Darkness one final time.

The Helms Deep section was fantastic and I can't think of any reason to dislike it beyond it not being in the books... But not having it would mean you'd have to cut away near the end to show the Elves fighting a completely different battle for the same meaning.

>Look you're clearly a wiki scholar so why don't you go answer your own questions by reading the book at this point?

Actually just checked the Wiki and apparently Aragorn gives them their swords back, literally didn't remember that, intetesting.

Okay, Tom still adds nothing then. Just have them get those swords in Rivendel or Lorien, each of which could logically have swords empowered enough to damage Nazgul. Not worth 45mins+ of screentime to give them 3 macguffins (Frodo replaces his with Sting obviously)

One thing I liked about the PJ films is that PJ clearly intended for Sauron's form in the prologue to be his 'actual' body.

Of course there's not really a way to subtly convey that and it kinda slipped past people. "HES JUST A COOL DUDE IN ARMOUR"

>his face is literally a hollow-eyed horse skull

If he is Sexy, we riot. The literal God of that world removed his ability to take fair
It's fucking dumb that they had him look fair in Shadow of War.

They tried but he looked way too chad imo

>I was the herald of Gil-galad and marched with his host. I was at the Battle of Dagorlad before the Black Gate of Mordor, where we had the mastery: for the Spear of Gil-galad and the Sword of Elendil, Aiglos and Narsil, none could withstand. I beheld the last combat on the slopes of Orodruin, where Gil-galad died, and Elendil fell, and Narsil broke beneath him; but Sauron himself was overthrown, and Isildur cut the Ring from his hand with the hilt-shard of his father’s sword, and took it for his own.’
cirdan was also there

>It's the Elves, who've practicality given up on Middle Earth, still coming to the aid of their one time allies

The War in the North was being fought by Lothlorien in defense of Lothlorien.

>Actually just checked the Wiki

Of course you did. Read the fucking book.

>each of which could logically have swords empowered enough to damage Nazgul

Not the Nazgul, the Witch King of Angmar specifically. He didn't start out as a Nazgul, didn't your wiki articles mention that?

Theoden being possessed by Saruman was better in the movie than him just magically deciding to be alright with Rohan falling apart and then not being later.

>Actually just checked the Wiki and apparently Aragorn gives them their swords back, literally didn't remember that, intetesting.

Fan-edited wikias by movie fans and game fans. Half the fucking people editing those shit wikias don't even know Shadow of War isn't canon.

All wikias are mediocre, but if you really must, Tolkien gateway is your go-to since it exclusively uses source material.

>Bombadil pointless
>he doesn’t realize the significance of showing Bombadil’s immunity to the Ring
>he doesn’t realize the symbolism of the hobbits being “baptized” in the barrow
>he doesn’t realize the Cardolan blades are literally what brings down the Witch King

I've never read him being overthrow as being killed, just defeated, knocked down. Basically setup for Isildur to kill.

The hobbit was worse than any prequel or Disney SW film

>Galadrial was far better in the books
She got an incredibly embarrassing temptation scene and did nothing but look pretty besides that. How was she better in the film?

>Isildur cut the Ring from his hand with the hilt-shard of his father’s sword

Does that say "Isildur killed him" or just "Isildur looted the ring from him" (since he was obviously dead at that point)?

wait was this going to be a real thing?

Who cares? If Legolas can skateboard and make animu physics real and Galadriel can lift Gandalf then Sauron can be sexy. When Tolkien is already achieving FTL speeds of rotation in his grave, why not go all out and at least make some of this enjoyable for at least someone?

Are you dumb? The eye was in the book and also in the old animated film. Tons of ancient concept art with it as well.

>She got an incredibly embarrassing temptation scene and did nothing but look pretty besides that.

Embarrassing in the movie, yeah. In the book she has a long conversation with Frodo without turning bright green and shit.

>Alas! yes,’ said Elrond. 'Isildur took it, as should not have been. It should have been cast then into Orodruin’s fire nigh at hand where it was made. But few marked what Isildur did. He alone stood by his father in that last mortal contest; and by Gil-galad only Círdan stood, and I. But Isildur would not listen to our counsel
they had a debate about the ring once the battle was over, it would be hard to accomplish if sauron was still alive

So much of Sauron's power was laced into the ring that he depended solely on it in order to survive, especially after Numenor when it became almost his sole source of power. Seperate him from the ring and you're left with a malicious spirit of a slightly greature stature than a man, but nothing impressive.

Whether toppled literally or slain, seperating him from his ring would do the job regardless.

>The eye was in the book

Either in reference to his emblem or the one time Frodo was tripping out and had a vision of it.

>also in the old animated film

Did Tolkien make that?

>Tons of ancient concept art with it as well.

Yeah, like which Tolkien drew. Of his emblem. Not of his actual body being a giant eyeball.

He looted the Ring after Sauron was “dead” ...Sauron is said to have “four fingers” on one hand by Gollum, there’s no way he snipes one finger that happened to have the Ring mid battle. Sauron was lifeless and he walked over and cut off the finger that had it. PJ’s fan fiction about Sauron losing because he got half his hand cut off is stupid.

When was the eye in the book except for a pleb's interpretation? The passage left a lot open to the viewer's interpretation, to many people it wasn't a much a literal 'eye' Frodo saw as much as it was the malicous, all-seeing gaze of a fallen angel that was Sauron himself setting on him - shaking him to his very core.

Lord of the rings is going to be like Junior Sean's brain by the time this is through.

flaws to the BOOKS lad, what are the flaws to the BOOKS?

Pic? Haven't played this game, but from the screens I've seen he's an armored dude, just like in the movies.

He’s a blond Elf in a white robe basically nothing fancy

Shadow of Mordor version: vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lotr/images/b/b1/2014-10-10_00015.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141011051426

Way too wide temples in my opinion, and looks way too chad.

Shadow of War version: i.ytimg.com/vi/h2tRJSBUXfk/maxresdefault.jpg

>The War in the North was being fought by Lothlorien in defense of Lothlorien.

The Elves defended the Humans too, but either way, what exactly is your complaint about Helms Deep? It was a great moment that showed the races fighting together against the forces of Darkness, just like they do in the books.

>Of course you did. Read the fucking book

Great response. I have, I've read all three of them, read them again earlier this year even.

>Not the Nazgul, the Witch King of Angmar specifically. He didn't start out as a Nazgul, didn't your wiki articles mention that?

Yes, yes, yes, you know what I meant. And why exactly couldn't they have weapons enchanted like that? It's not like they weren't involved in those affairs, if nothing else they could have been passed down from the battles. That's a lot more plausible than finding those specific blades in those specific barrows. Well, unless all their blades were enchanted against him, but that seems unlikely.

>he doesn’t realize the significance of showing Bombadil’s immunity to the Ring

What exactly was the point? It's not to show that higher powers aren't affected by it since we know that both Gandalf and Galadrial are, as far as LotR shows only he is immune to it and that immunity plays zero part in any plot.

>he doesn’t realize the symbolism of the hobbits being “baptized” in the barrow

No, I don't. Unless there's something they learned or gained there that they didn't in the flight to Rivendell or in Moria.

>he doesn’t realize the Cardolan blades are literally what brings down the Witch King

That actually did go over my head, or I'd completely forgotten it. But that still doesn't justify giving him screentime just to give them those swords. Have Elrond do so in Rivendell with an explanation about them.

Why didn't the ghost army fight at the battle of the black gate?

>gollum

>The Elves defended the Humans too, but either way, what exactly is your complaint about Helms Deep? It was a great moment that showed the races fighting together against the forces of Darkness, just like they do in the books.

While beautifully cinematic, I feel as if it forgot the point. This is the era of men, the elves have long since set their sights westwards, and left the peoples of middle earth to their fates. It was actually kinda sad, and I feel like the movie did that something of an injustice.

>What exactly was the point? It's not to show that higher powers aren't affected by it since we know that both Gandalf and Galadrial are, as far as LotR shows only he is immune to it and that immunity plays zero part in any plot.

It's highly implied that he's literally Eru lol

>If Legolas can skateboard and make animu physics real

Honestly, given how Elves work, nothing Legolass did in the movies was out of place. The dude can run atop powdered snow.

>It was a great moment that showed the races fighting together against the forces of Darkness, just like they do in the books.

>just like they do in the books.

Because that does NOT fucking happen in the book. Elrond's twins and Glorfindel showing up to help at the Black Gate at the end ≠ another alliance.

>And why exactly couldn't they have weapons enchanted like that? It's not like they weren't involved in those affairs

No, they weren't. So there would have been no point to creating anti-Angmar magic as the Arnorians did.

I said she was better in the books.

There's no indication he was dead when Isildur cut the ring off, just that he'd been "overthrown". When Isildur cut the ring, he was destroyed, that's when Elrond talked to him.

The Orcs literally call him the Great Eye. There's litetally no depiction of him in thr books, that's all there is of him.

They were released before that

Best movie adaptation was Pippin and Merry bringing Treebeard to the devastation of Fangorn Forest to rouse the ents, rather than them just deciding to at the Entmoot.

Because they couldn't physically hurt anyone. Being ghosts, they were immaterial. Their ghost weapons "had no bite." Tolkien also says "their only weapon was terror."

>wide temples
Now that's an autistic critique.
But I agree, he looks way too plain. And old. For me pic related is a better example of a sexy dark angel.
Also why is that ghost molesting him in the second pic?

>While beautifully cinematic, I feel as if it forgot the point. This is the era of men, the elves have long since set their sights westwards, and left the peoples of middle earth to their fates. It was actually kinda sad, and I feel like the movie did that something of an injustice.

But they don't, the Elves participate in the other front of the Last Battle.

>It's highly implied that he's literally Eru lol

Absolutely not. Eru cares about the entire world, Tom only cares about his patch. If Eru didn't care about anything beyond his borders he wouldn't have sent Gandalf back.

And anyway, it's started that even Tom would lose to Sauron. Eru wouldn't.

>I said she was better in the books.
well I'm actually embarrassed now sorry LMAO super late over here excuses yada yada, sorry user

>Implying you can remove uber chadness even with godlike powers.

>There's no indication he was dead when Isildur cut the ring off

Then you're saying that Isildur, with the broken end of a sword, was able to cut off the one ring finger among the other nine in the midst of combat?

>The Orcs literally call him the Great Eye

In reference to his emblem.

>the Elves participate in the other front of the Last Battle.

Three Elves equal "the Elves" now? Go check your wiki articles again.

Tom isn't Eru though, yes.

I suppose you're right it's nitpicky, but I always felt like super close-set eyes in combination with wide-set temples looked kinda dumb/common/plain, and not the kinda appeal Sauron would have.

>Also why is that ghost molesting him in the second pic?

Tries to dominate him or some shit

>Tom isn't Eru though, yes.
Been a while but wasn't this a super popular theory back then? Hence why I might've mistaken it for highly insinuated.

>Because that does NOT fucking happen in the book. Elrond's twins and Glorfindel showing up to help at the Black Gate at the end ≠ another alliance.

There's not another alliance, the Last Alliance of Men and Elves has been and gone. This is only a one ofg assistance, that, again, does happen in the books. The Elves fight with men on the second front of the final battle.

>No, they weren't. So there would have been no point to creating anti-Angmar magic as the Arnorians did.

I mean, they could have gotten them passed down or such. Elrond has plenty of Heirlooms lying around. He literally has Narsil even, I assume looted after that battle.

>Been a while but wasn't this a super popular theory back then?

It was a meme theory shared by people who learned everything they know about the legendarium from wiki articles, Peter Jackson, and video games.

>lotr thread
a beacon of hope in these dark star wars days... this time of the year we used to have comfy lotr threads and now its wall to wall star wars cancer

Yes.

I wish we lived in the timeline where it actually happened.

Alrighty, thanks user for refreshing my memory

You Fool! Do not speak his name around these parts for there are many unseen terrors !

His name is Sauronman, you illiterate millenial.

>There's not another alliance

That's what I'm fucking saying.

>This is only a one ofg assistance, that, again, does happen in the books.

Three Elves coming as a favor to the battle at the black gate is in no way equivalent to a battalion of Elves showing up to help the Men at Helm's Deep.

>I mean, they could have gotten them passed down or such.

And what's wrong with Tom giving them the swords anyway?

cant ruin what is already completed

>cant ruin what is already ruined

FTFY

Not Godlike, litetally God powers.

I'm saying they knocked him down and Isildur gave him the coup de grace, just with his ring.

I mean, if he's literally called The Great Eye, and Frodo talks about the Eye on him... Yeah, it's pretty literal, but it's not that bad. There's no other description of Sauron than as an Eye. I always saw the movie version as being a spell he cast, not literally him, but hey.

Talking about the second front.

Tom being Eru is just ther dumbest idea. If he was Eru why would Gandalf say he'd lose to Sauron? Why would he have zero interest in the world outside his borders? Etc

Tom being Eru is just ther dumbest idea. If he was Eru why would Gandalf say he'd lose to Sauron? Why would he have zero interest in the world outside his borders? Etc

bad memory that required refreshment on my end nothing personnel

Also these captchas are hell