Wonder Woman - Athena
Batman - Ares
Flash - Hermes
Cyborg - Haphaestus
Aquaman - Poseidon
Green Lantern - Apollo

How accurate is this?

>implying batman wouldn't be Hades

Superman has no association with thunder and lightning, and Batman definitely doesn't suit Ares, who was a bloodthirsty idiot and didn't do planning or subterfuge.

Superman is the Ruler of the Gods and most certainly is identified with the Sky, Zeus' domain.

It's something of a stretch but I can see how it kinda fits if you need to force a square peg into a round hole.

Superman - father of superheroes : Zeus
Wonder Woman - mother of superheroines : Hera
Batman - lord of the underworld : Hades

Grant Morrison based his league off of the Greek Pantheon.

Superman/Zeus
Wonder Woman/Hera
Batman/Hades
Flash/Hermes
Green Lantern/Apollo
Aquaman/Poseidon
Plastic Man/Dionysus
Steel/Hephaestus
Huntress/Artemis
Orion/Ares
Big Barda/Demeter
Zauriel/Eros

I forgot the others. I had a Wizard magazine with an interview with Morrison that had the complete list.

Fuck, here, I found it.

Doesn't Cyborg not even build his own tech in the most recent iterations?

So who wins in a fight between Morrisons justice league and the Greek Pantheon in DC?

>Morrisons based his Justice League roster on the greek pantheon
>Superman happens to have electric powers at that time

MULTIVERSITY

Morrison, and all good writers (aka not Johns), knows Hal is a little bitch cry baby faggot and Kyle is a god, in fact, the godliest of gods, even Batman fears him

Don't think of Hades as some big bad evil person locked away in the underworld. Hades is brother of Zeus and one of only two of his equals (the other being Poseidon). Each the Lord of their respective dominions (the surface, the sea, and the underworld). Though Zeus won the sweetest plum by killing their father and freeing the rest from his stomach, each brother answers to no one within their own domain.

>Batman - Ares
>Not Ares - Ares

If Batman is Hades then is Dick Grayson Persephone?

>inb4 someone posts Injustice

If I were to put Batman as a character from Greek mythology it would be Odysseus, now I know he's not a god but I think that's kinda the point. Odysseus had to rely mostly on his wits to defeat foes and come up with tactics like the Trojan horse or Tricking Polyphemus.

He's Zeus because he's the "king of gods" and in a way the father/progenitor of all the others.

Weird thing is that even though Morrison associated Batman with Pluto in his JLA, he associated him with Orion in Final Crisis. Going by JLA Martian Manhunter should be Ares, being associated with Mars, but he doesn't really have any association with war.

Batman makes most sense as Hades/death IMO considering his life revolves around death, he pursues without quarter like the Black Racer, and he's more of a brother to Superman than a descendant.

Well actually he didn't have those powers until a couple arcs in.

The Trinity is best represented as Zeus's children.

Superman is Apollo. Really no explanation needed, given that he's powered by the damn sun.

Wonder Woman is Athena. Also obvious, although WW has historically been less a mentor/teacher figure than Athena was.

Batman is Artemis. Twin of Apollo, Goddess of the hunt -- which Batman excels at as DC's greatest detective. The womanly aspects of Artemis also work for the comparison: Batman has the most "offspring" of heroes by far, with Robins, Batgirls, and any number of vigilantes inspired and nurtured by him.

In Wonder Woman, even an extremely power-drained Hermes can still move as fast as the Flash normally goes, fly, and dole out minor blessings. At full power he had the power to do basically anything.

Thing is, the more time a god spends on Earth, the weaker they become. So if the JLA could stall long enough, the Olympians would eventually be about as powerful as Superman and Wonder Woman at their peak, thus making them beatable.

In additionally, having holy items like Diana's lasso of Hestia, Gaea's girdle, Hermes' Caduceus, various shit made by Hephaestus, etc. they can be effective against all the gods except the ones who made/control them, for example the Caduceus would be worthless against Hermes.

This is such a dumb thread.

Athena is often associated with Athena, but by the same people who say stuff like "she kills when necessary".

In her definitive depictions in the Golden Age and in the George Perez run, she is more closely associated with literally every other female Olympian than Athena, who's a goddess of war and justice.

Wonder Woman has much more in common with Hera (her femininity and royal blood), Demeter (sacred law and sisterhood with the Earth), Hestia (political and familial understanding), Aphrodite (sexuality), and the Amazons' most sacred deities the Titans Rhea and Gaea.

>you can associate the leads with mythological gods

The very first sign that something belongs in the trash.

>Athena is often associated with Athena

>Well actually he didn't have those powers until a couple arcs in.

Well ACTUALLY he had those powers after the first arc.

Its true tho

Wonder woman is ares
Batman is either Hades or Hephaestus (assuming we don't count cyborg, but we don't, because who cares for cyborg anyway)

>Wonder woman is ares
>I have never read a single issue of Wonder Woman

Good, but GL Apollo? This us the one that doesn't fit, nothing about Apollo, sun god and a youth, fits neither Hal and specially nor the rest.

Apollo radiates light, GLs use light energy. Its kind of a stretch.

I don't know.
If i would have to choose one for Apollo i would choose someone like Nightwing or even Cyborg, not GL

>Superman is the Ruler
No he is not.

Why the black man always gotta be Hephaestus?
Not as attractive as the other gods, always doing work for them, wife cheats on him.

>god of light
>how bout some circus kid who beats up criminals in dark alleys with sticks
>or dat robot-guy who can create machinery

yea, both choices seems way more fitting

The main thing about Apollo is his youth, he's the youngest of the gods.
Nightwing has always being the epitome of young heroes in the DC universe.

It's as fitting as Superman as Zeus.

Im pretty sure most people think of Apollo as the god of light and not as the god that happens to be the youngest.

>The ideal of the kouros (a beardless, athletic youth), Apollo has been variously recognized as a god of music, truth and prophecy, healing, the sun and light, plague, poetry, and more.

>The Greeks created the legalism, the supervision of the orders of the gods, and the demand for moderation and harmony. Apollo became the god of shining youth, the protector of music, spiritual-life, moderation and perceptible order.

Not to be a contrarian, but for what i know, he's the god of youth is as much as he's the god of light, if not more.
It is literally his thing.

I hate this bulshit.

The Jews just wanted to written about a strong guy that punches wife beaters.

Superman's been compared to both Zeus and Apollo. They both work, it's ultimately just a question of whether you want to put more emphasis on his connection to the Sun, or if you want to put more emphasis on his position as the leader of the League.

The Jews wanted a kid friendly superhero Moses. Because that's what Superman is.

dubs of truth
fucking Greeks are dumb anyways