Only critics like this, they were paid by Disney

>Only critics like this, they were paid by Disney
>critizised on /r/movies, Sup Forums and imdb
>Looks at letterboxd, everyone is praising the movies.

Why are normies hating this movie and /films/ fans loving it?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/7jc6mu/review_megathread_star_wars_the_last_jedi/?sort=new
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>/films/ fans

Yeah. You are right, people who like film understand this movie.

Wow that's what you rated it and that's who you follow? Awful. """Film""" fans in fact have no taste in film at all, heralding Nolan and Villeneuve as the best living directors and at best thinking Tarkovsky is the peak of the medium, and I would think most people with respect for the medium as an art form don't even plan on seeing the movie at all

Back to your containment thread.

>most people with respect for the medium as an art form don't even plan on seeing the movie at all
Really, it's this. If you are excited about this movie even slightly you can't call yourself a "fan" of film.

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/7jc6mu/review_megathread_star_wars_the_last_jedi/?sort=new

/r/movies is the plebest place ever. If you want good film discussion go to /r/trufilm or /r/flicks

oh no no no no

just trying to point out that even reddit plebs dont like it

How? I like art films and this time of films lol. You must be a dumb elitist fuck to think that way.

>bad reactions just from early goers, the people who love the series the most

Disney is fucked.

So what’s better? George Lucas prequels films?

The reaction at /r/starwars are much more positive.

what kind of art films did you like this year?

I might as well have taken positive reactions from r/DC_Cinematic as proof Justice League would succeed.

Logan
Get Out
GotG2

These are not art films you fucking pleb.

He said that Star Wras fans were hating it.

>The Killing of a Sacred Deer
>Good Times
>Call Me by Your Name
>The Square
>Aquarious

>Lettercuckd

Yes
Okay yes that's entry level art interest like everyone else on letterboxd praising this movie

Normies are stupid, did you not know this?

>Okay yes that's entry level art interest like everyone else on letterboxd praising this movie

You ask me for 2017 films dude. I haven’t seen many more great ones.

Then watch more 2017 movies friend. Caniba, All the Cities of the North, Dead Slow Ahead, By The Time it Gets Dark, The Woman Who Left. There are more interesting films out there

>critizised on /r/movies, Sup Forums and imdb

>plebs don't like it

Looks like we're in for kino boys

Letterboxd is full of tasteless lefty faggots

>Praised on letterbox and Sup Forums
>>Plebs don't like it

HAHAHAHAHAH

>calls somebody entry level
>posts slightly less entry level shit as good film and calls it obscure

I wouldn't even call those movies "arthouse". They are all very mainstream, they just happen to be well-made and have real thought behind them besides selling toys.

Of course Logan is an art film, it was even re-released in black and white

>Slightly less entry level than American block busters and a few silly foreign flicks
I don't think you know what you're talking about, what are your favorites of the year?

2 is better than 1

I should but I’ve to busy finishing University, I will take them in consideration

Nice edgy entry level flicks, pseud.

Logan is overrated as fuck.

>Edgy
Oh so you haven't seen them. Nice insecurity there, buzzword-spewing brainlet

It's K I N O

>A sci-fi doc for people too stupid to watch a real doc
>budget Weerasethakul
Yeah okay, pseud.

>Budget weerasethakul
HAHAHA
What else is there this year? El mar la mar, Araby, La última tierra, I'd like to see what you liked

I'm surprised Dreddit didn't get the faggot black and white treatment that all these shit Sup Forums-core films have been getting.

Not him, but I looked up one of your picks. You mentioned a documentary on a cannibal. Hard to get edgier than that.

>El mar la mar
YES, this is what we NEED for the Trump administration!

>YES, this is what we NEED for the Trump administration!
more shitty Star Wars films?

Like Rogue one? Or the prequels?

no more shitty docs exploring the plight of our migrant workers :((((((

>My first reaction after coming out of TLJ was, "OK, that was a lot of movie, I need some time to think about this." Which is usually a good sign in my book, ESB wasn't initially liked by audiences either. A day later, I know I liked it, but yeah, it's overstuffed. Thanks to Rian Johnson's writing and direction, in my eyes this is probably the most competently made and visually stunning of all Star Wars movies. I liked its social commentary as well, even though it was delivered through the clunkiest subplot in the film, one that never justified its existence. My biggest issue with the film is the combination of some characters having plot armor, while the sacrifices that do happen aren't necessarily earned (unlike Rogue One). Poe Dameron's entire subplot following the opening scene was also a miscalculation. That said, nearly everything involving Luke, Rey and the First Order was gold. And when it's firing on all cylinders, it is the best Star Wars film. When it's not, it's everything you feared Disney would do with the property. Thankfully the former far outweighs the latter. I'd give it a solid 7/10, likely to improve upon rewatches. I think initial audience reactions will be polarising, but it will age better than TFA did.
Now I remember why I fucking hate plebbit and everyone who writes there

the guy pimping his patreon at the end completely ruined it. in fact, I think you are that guy. fuck you loser. get a real job.

Plebbit sucks, but he is right

Like all of them. Fuck Star Wars.

hey I'm with you man. Bela Tarr came out of retirement to direct a short film about how horribly Hungarians treat refugees. It's disgusting that this is the alternative to capeshit (and starshit), but I can't support capeshit. I just can't.

He's wrong on entirely everything he wrote.

>Bela Tarr
>I can't support capeshit
Here's an alternative. Get a fucking education. Stop indulging in visual entertainment.

You are wrong fsggot.

Griffithfag you've been blown the fuck out so many times I can't take you as seriously as you take yourself. I'm sorry.

>blown the fuck out
Name one.

How does Griffith create the illusion of lack of narrative momentum when he implements numerous cuts

>Name one.
In my response, I'll quote you:
>Ch-check the archive

You can't handle silents. Just admit it and save everyone the whining.

t. redditor

You crave entertainment.

So edgy faggot

Samefagging and replying over and over to me is not impressive. Neither is the fact that you paid for a Sup Forums pass.

>letterboxd

is that site supposed to be relevant

I checked the archive already. This is what I found.

I submit that you posted both of those things.

Yes. It’s the RYM of movies.

>going to a place called flicks to discuss good film discussion

RYM has movies.

>social commentary
>in fucking star wars
why must everything be political now?

UAUAGHAGHAGH THIS ISNTN A FUCKING REVIEW AGGJAHA

These. Fuck Griffithfag. Downvote Griffith! Downvote Griffith! Downvote Griffith!

I submit that you basing your entire identity on liking Griffith has nothing to do with his talents.

Because "film fans" or "film buffs" are a bunch of 20 year old loser faggots who are unable to comprehend that skilled directors (not saying RJ is actually one but that's what they think) sometimes make shitty movies. They constantly need to twist reality into fitting their own established world view, because unlike a normal person they are unable to change or adjust their opinions (or anything else about their personality) over time and improve as a person. This is why the major soyboy-core directors like Refn, LVT, PTA or Malick get praised even when making embarassing gutter trash like Neon Demon and any criticism, however valid, of their work is dismissed with the given buzzword of the time (pleb, capeshitter, cuck, etc.).

Gr*ffith = Imitatator
Imitation = Dishonesty
Dishonesty = Fraudulence
Fraudulence = Lies

Go back to Sup Forums

t. soyboy

Talk like a normal male, you effeminate fluff.

>implying soyboys can understand Malick
you dumb fucking nigger, take a thousand pills and die.

shut the fuck up cunt

Who did Griffith imitate

Obviously you respond like that because I'm saying something you don't agree with. If I talked the exact same way, but praised Griffith unabashed, you would not try to attack me with something you clearly value the most (masculinity).

God, when he tried to reproduce life.

>Knight of Cups
>giving a fuck what hollyjew elite feel and think
You have to go back.