Take a "minority" teen, preferably a girl

>take a "minority" teen, preferably a girl
>give them super powers and non-hetero sexuality
>overhype them to hell as the new messiah
>optional: kill an established hero and have them replace them

How about we make an asexual "white/trailer trash" superhero ? Coming from a poor background and a humble trailer park in the south of US, she is gifted with magical powers that allow her to call upon the skills and weapons of her ancestors: ranging from 19th century soldiers, through medieval knights down to ancient hunters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ilIDkkD0jIg
youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>white

Idea is dead on arrival

I would unironically check it out

Dunno, that's a lot of potential readers as long as you don't make their a stupid stereotype (which I guess you could if it was a superhero parody comic) and quite honestly, do you think they're less likely to buy a comic compared to all those tumbrlinas that just download single frames or pages from the internet for their rants ?

Going to a more generic level. Isn't this basically what that fat blue collar kid from the avengers initiative was?

For your specific attempt, you seem to be missing that most of the kid heroes are poor minorities whose friends or enemies are trash.

>fights crime
>doesn't only adopt the skills and weapons, but also the personality
>her family is a long history of righteous warriors
>gathers a reputation and popularity
>other characters come to meet her
>becomes friends with other teen characters
>helps out the Champions for a mission
>everything is going well until she calls upon her ancestors
>This time it's a Crusader
>she sees Kamala
>"Deus Vult"

You need to go back to Sup Forums.

>White thrash character
DC already have Harley Quinn.

Butterball was great. Kiden Nixon was also basically urban white trash.

Thats just Carnage-Man

While not asexual, we did have a Marvel based Rural Poor hero.

His name was Juston Seyfert, and a Hopeless idiot offed him just as interest was building in him again.

Man Mettle was bad enough, I cannot imagine the levels of "fuck you readers" you have to have to off Juston. Juston and Sentinel were great and really earnest, that felt so shitty in AA.

>a Confederate flag and a Renault in the same picture

What did they mean by this?

The problem with this is the idea of doing it to counter some message still loses out to just actually making a decent comic.

You *could* write something decent with this if an agenda wasn't primarily in the driver's seat. So, give it a shot if you think you can do that.

Oh I wasn't like "counter a message"
I just thought it would be cool to have a hero attempting to stop themselves from attacking a hero out of a sense of righteous anger they KNOW is misplaced.

>"Smite her, Betty-Sue. You must be the right hand of the Lord in this"
>"Sometimes y'all so backwards ah can hardly believe mahself"

Man, just give me a young hero who doesn't act like a stereotypical middle class teenage/college age millenial.

Introduce a redneck Thor
Start off with that scene from Thor with all the redneck trying to take Thor's hammer.
Focus on a guy with one leg (got blown up in Iraq) Gets black out drunk, and wakes up with Thor's hammer and two legs. Slowly work up to being a Hero. Battles meth labs, biker gangs, and Tornadoes.

Why would she ? Barring some incidents like the completely insane initial massacre at Jerusalem, the Crusaders ruled the holy lands rather fair. Heck, wasn't there some mulsim story about some asshole trying to force a guy to pray in a different direction than his mecca and Templars intervening and apologizing for the "uncultured man" ?

>Man, just give me a young hero who doesn't act like a stereotypical middle class teenage/college age millenial.
No. Every single hero must be a middle class teenage American social liberal from New York. Those are the only people who exist. The only diversity is in their skin tone.

So essentially you want to make a degenerate hillbilly hero for the sole purpose of countering all those darkies in modern comics

>skills and weapons of her ancestors

Losing wars and fucking your brother are not skills.

>white/trailer trash" superhero
Animal Man?

>fucking your brother
>not a skill

>90% of African history

>white/trailer trash
>living in the 'burbs

You need to fuck off.

>implying Cletus can be a hero
>ever
Haven you ever read a Captain America comic?

That would be too cool for Marvel to indulge in.

I actually kinda like this. Not like a full run and a new status quo but a short miniseries of him doing these things and having small flashbacks to the night on which he was at his lowest but picked up the hammer.

>racebait out of nowhere

The pitch is basically Robbie Reyes but white and country though.

>But it's proven History tho?

>anything bearing the confederate flag
Why don't we make a hero out of an Isis soldier while we're at it

So Dukes of Hazzard but with ghost Rider?

Something something Captain Britain...

Rogue is as close as you'll get and they've tried to "class" her up a bit for a while now

His name is Buddy, his son has a mullet, and his family is for all purposes very redneck. That's as far as you'll get.

Well, his flag has the Union in its name already.
Ain't none of mah heroes flyan no traitor's banner!

It's freebies lapping as americans

>asexual "white/trailer trash"
they're breeding livestock, not snowflakes

>call upon the skills and weapons of her ancestors
Why are we assuming that her ancestor's skills and weapons are of any use? You'd guess the average trailer trash's ancestors were also poor so unless the crisis calls for cheap farmhands, factory workers and poverty, calling on her ancestors shouldn't really help too much.

Isnt it believing that every white person has some great noble bloodline filled with great people more or less the same as black people who believe "we were kings and shit"?

Cletus was a hero during Axis and it was beautiful.

>if I destroy it, it cannot harm
Definitely American.

ITT

I love you Cletus
Carnage-Man was a true hero

After reading the America comic this brings some joy back into my life.

I was excited for about five minutes that Southern Bastards might actually deal with some of this.......NOPE

Exactly! Everyone knows that there are no White superheroes

>Magical Trailer Trash Girl

>Comes from an ancient lineage of hunters.
>Family nowadays is broke because "hunting" isn't a thing that's valued by modern society, everyone gets meat from grocery stores.
>Still has the inborn power of being the world's greatest tracker.
>Has enhanced senses, reflexes, endurance.
>Instinctively knows how to use any weapon/improvise weapons.

Sounds like a cool idea.

I just tell em what my daddy told me, with great nothing, comes amounting to nothing

youtu.be/ilIDkkD0jIg

And European Royalty, gotta make them pure breds. Hell, that's probably royalty in general.

Magical Bounty Hunter Girl?

>How about we make an asexual "white/trailer trash" superhero ?

Marvel did this years ago with Cannonball. They tried to hype him so hard he even joined the Avengers.

But it didn't work because you can't expect to increase sales while pandering to people who can't read.

> the weapons and skills of her ancestors, from soldiers to knights to hunters

this sounds really boring.

>But it didn't work because you can't expect to increase sales while pandering to people who can't read.
I'm sure that was it, and not that no one outside of a specific subset of X-Men fans gives a flying fuck about the Guthries.

t. southerner who washes dishes and farms for a living and MUST HAVE had to dictate this message since I'm an illiterate fuck.

There was a Sup Forums OC at one time named 'Rebel Son'. He was a pro wrestling fan who lived in a shack in the woods and waged a vigilante war against methamphetamine while wearing a rebel flag mask. Also he was depressed as fuck.

>everybody has knights for ancestors
This meme is the original kangz.

Also, Haunted Tank already exists.

Well, there's always Tabby Smith.

>why didn't they pander harder with this already niche character appealing to a small demographic who got a huge marketing push
Are you black?

Hey now, there are talk to text programs for you people too.

Exactly. They keep getting replaced.

This is Cecil. He was a tech guy from a trailer park in West Virginia, but he was killed by MODOK. Now he's a ghost who can possess computers to ghost hack them.

Exactly. How can whites compete??

Given the number of crusaders through the centuries, it's not an outrageous claim after this much time.
A full quarter of Europe can trace their lineage back to Charlemagne.
youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY

literally kill yourself

Lets just go crazy. Bring back the what if line. Have an earth red neck. For some unidentifiable reason the super hero gene/spark always seems to spark in trash/urban/poor areas of society across the globe.

Alternative orgin: US trucker got a hold of the infinity gauntlet in this universe and fucked up big time with nobody to correct it.

>ic level. Isn't this basically what that fat blue collar kid from
Orphan Billy Batson?

>And a Wyoming plate.
Wyoming, as we all know, was where most of the American Civil War took place.

Butterball.

Billy was just poor.

>has a Renault and a European license plate
Why do they have a confederate flag?

So, Tank Girl?

Sorry guys but none of your shitty ideas are going to be put in a comic

I'm giving speech-to-text a few years before I give it another shot. My accent is ridiculous.

I know I'm supposed to be the illiterate one, so maybe it's just me, but what the fuck is your greentext even about? Is that what you thought my argument was? I'm a white college graduate that moved back home to take care of ailing family members and haven't been able/willing to leave since. I know this is groundbreaking, but I actually meant exactly what I expressed. There was no "super secret" innuendo going on there.

Cannonball will never rise above his status as a backup B-Lister. Where are you seeing "PANDER HARDER!" or "I'M BLACK!" in that statement?

This

And you need to choke on a niggerdick cuck!

>For some unidentifiable reason the super hero gene/spark always seems to spark in trash/urban/poor areas of society across the globe.
That would actually work really well for something with an early 2000's feel. You could make the powers caused by chemicals companies dumped in poor areas.

>Die Moslem dog- cough, sorry Kamala. love what you done with your hair.

The photographers are from the Netherlands, apparently.

Because your post didn't include any criticism of Cannonball as a character or why he failed beyond saying he was was another face in a larger, established property (as though having a built-in setting is somehow necessarily bad). So it doesn't sound like you thought he was handled poorly. Only that Marvel didn't shove him into more books. And when people start social media campaigns about how comic companies don't care about [x], or that [y] should be a specific minority, they always want a linewide revamp with their OC all over the place.

You didn't sound like someone who wants a well-written character, just a synthetic A-lister so you can feel appeased.

>tfw Cecil and TTE can never get it on

He'll be able to touch things again as long as he doesn't kill Gwen before she's able to do some magic stuff for him. And Gwen doesn't have to kill him again. And he doesn't stay trapped in the gem. Or get otherwise fucked up by the gem. Okay, it's pretty unlikely that anything will go as planned and he's probably going to end up in some sort of afterlife at the end of the arc.

The Crusades were a complete clusterfuck. My favorite story that sums up the entire period is a cavalry engagement that occurred outside of a strategic Muslim city. The English were riding stallions because they were the best horse for the charge and the Turks were riding mares because they were stable mounts for horse archers. Now, the timing of the battle was a key decider of the outcome. Had they fought months earlier no doubt there'd have been blood on both sides. But on this occasion the battle was ended before fighting could begin due to mutual exasperation. For you see, the Turks mounts were very much in heat... and the stallions, had a different sort of charge in mind. So while the men were concerned with making war, their mounts were making love.

Why is there a European Renault with multiple European license plates in the background?

White trash super hero was basically the plot of The Pro and I'd be down with more of that.

There should be a whole genre of simple people getting powers and doing petty shit with it. The most memorable episode of Dexter's lab to me for some reason is Mom shopping and having Matrix fights with some woman that wanted the last can of peanut butter.

Did he drink with a blond haired Asguardian? Were bets made?

thank god

My great great... etc. was a duke. He was like the 5th son or something. They sent him off to the new world with some money. Most of my family are either mechanics or Millwrights.

The same reason why Pennsylvania has an active neo-Confederate movement, I'd wager.

This thread is what I was waiting for, I have had this idea running through my head for some time.
World I present to you:
>ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT CAPTAIN CHAV
>Captain Britain finds himself powerless
>In the search to discover why his powers vanished Braddock meets someone with similar powers to the ones he had as Captain Britain
>and he is a fucking chav
>a foul-mouthed, hard drinking, authority disrespecting, propriety vandalizing, non-working chav
>Braddock informs this to MI-13/the British Government who pretty much flip their shit and drop their monocles realizing "Shit, this is the guy who is going to represent Britain to the superhero international community and the rest of the world"
>Braddock gets charged with training the new "Captain Britain" and discovering how he got his powers and the relationship with his lost ones
>easier said than done as Captain Chav has no idea how he got his powers and has absolute zero interest in being a superhero prefering to use his powers to impress slags and intimidate other chavs
>comic would follow the attempts of Brian Bradock to try not only teach Captain Chav how be a real superhero and use his powers to protect Britain from supermenaces, but also how to uphold the British's values and become a gentleman so he won't tarnish Britain's image
It would be kinda like Kingsman with superheroes.

Or The Invisibles.

>I'm hyper-sensitive about things that I don't like not being visably attacked in posts that I think people that don't do it are for it and are therefore black

This entire mini was the best thing to come out of Axis.

Crusaders barely count as knights unless your only criteria is they put a helmet on one time and had a sword, they might as well have been a back-alley nigger gang, they showed up, got some gear slapped on them, then the most of them did nothing other than rob, brutalize and kill other christians that were in their path.

Exaggerated and apocryphal detail from the Siege of Nicaea IIRC. The Crusades were a complete clusterfuck but they were still a lot more interesting than that.

I liked Sam before they started making all of the Guthries mutants with a dumbfuck retcon history.

>Not mentioning the time a Crusade was fought against Greece to make enough money to fight ANOTHER Crusade to take the Holy Land.

>Those Rider boys sure are in trouble now.

PRINT THAT MOTHER!

Honestly, I'd be more interested in Captain Chav and Pete Wisdom dealing with each other, with Braddock along for the ride. They'd either get on really well or fucking hate each other.

>against Greece
>Greece