Toxic Masculinity in Iron Fist

Why did you give Toxic Masculinity a seat at the table for Iron Fist Sup Forums?

themarysue.com/iron-fist-toxic-masculinity/

>themarysue
Why do you go looking for trouble and then bring it back here?

>"Danny Rand suffers from Toxic White Fragile Masculinity and an explicit White Man’s Burden syndrome, and the combination renders the character painfully unlikeable. It didn’t have to be this way. In addition to making the main character Asian, as many fans called for–which would have addressed some of the cultural appropriation issues, although not all–the writers could simply have given the audience a character to root for with an ounce of self-awareness or an iota of charm. By mid-way through the season, it becomes clear that the writers wanted to give the audience a character they would see themselves reflected in–and that they don’t hold their imaginary audience in particularly high regard."

>"The issue with Convenient Colleen is that like all Manic Pixie girls, she’s an imaginary device that still has real consequences for real women. Danny Rand is every lonely white boy’s wish fulfillment fantasy, but it comes at the direct cost of real women’s security. “You’re just misunderstood. They’ll see that you’re special,” Danny Rand says to lonely white boys, who become enraged when they discover that in real life, their ability to fool around with nunchucks is not impressive to a woman who owns her own nunchucks. “You bought dinner, so she’ll definitely eat with you and listen to what you have to say,” Danny Rand says to lonely white boys, who become enraged when young women tell them firmly that they don’t want that dinner at all and don’t care how they feel about it. “Even though you’re a 25 year old virgin and you feel self-conscious about it, a beautiful Japanese woman who is tough and cool is going to want to sleep with you, and she’ll definitely think you’re good at sex,” Danny Rand says to lonely white boys."

Go back to you fucking faggot.
Get this shit off of my board.

I thought Sup Forums was an ally to theMarySue though.

This is comic-book related. Sorry that every post here can't be about Steven Universe or Star v. or whatever retarded shit you enjoy.

No you didn't, Sup Forums.

>the Iron Flop

>This is comic-book related
It really isn't.

Fuck off.

How people in this world can take this website seriously will always be a mistery to me.

Why would this be on Sup Forums?

He looks so unintimidating.

You know, if he didn't inted to be riped for this they could at least give him a costume to hide the lack of effort, but nooooo, that would have been a smart move and you can't have that with Marvel
Also, itt bait

I hate the word ‘toxic‘ when used in this context. Always makes me cringe. Also, I hate you OP. It’s obvious you just want to shitpost, and are not interested in real discussion.

Who the fuck cares where this should be posted, the fact that there was such rampant toxic masculinity in this shit show is something we should all be concerned with.

>male character show independance and doesn't express feeling
>Femnist : muh Toxic masculinity

>male character doubt and express feeling
>Feminist : women doesn't care about your feeling, muh toxic masculinity

It's Iron Fist?

OP here, fuck you. Elaborate to me on how there wasn't toxic masculinity in this series then instead of saying I just want to shitpost.

I haven’t even seen the series. But it’s obvious, the marysue link, and your shitty post
>Why did you give Toxic Masculinity a seat at the table for Iron Fist Sup Forums?
which doesn’t add anything to the conversation or the article. You don’t express what you think about the article or the series. It just comes off as bait and an intent to rile people up and talk about “SJW” shit. I don’t know if this was really your intent, but that’s definitely how it seems.

>themarysue
Sup Forumsmblr pls

It wasn't my intent. Why can't we have a serious discussion about toxic masculinity in comic media though now that it's started? I think most people don't even understand what it is defined as.

fuck off with your bait shit.

Can you define toxic masculity, so there is no confusion as to what we'd be discussing?

Because the mary sue is shit and you're a faggot who should have been aborted.

Sure:

Toxic masculinity is a critique of the way society has created men to be dominant, aggressive (sexually and otherwise), and unemotional, both collectively and as individuals.[1][2] Many feminist movements seek to address this aspect of masculinity and deconstruct its ideas and principles. Toxic masculinity is closely related to hegemonic masculinity and patriarchy.

One would think that marvel would know better than make a white western male show like this in the modern age.

White is not "in" and male is definetly not "in" right now. This show was so mediaUNsexy.

>“Even though you’re a 25 year old virgin and you feel self-conscious about it, a beautiful Japanese woman who is tough and cool is going to want to sleep with you, and she’ll definitely think you’re good at sex,” Danny Rand says to lonely white boys."

Sounds like feminazi bullshit. Why would I bother with feminazi bullshit?

It's from Wikipedia

Non of this describes Danny Rand as played by Finn Jones. That IF was a dumbass who needed to get his shit together.

Ward might be closer but he was a bad guy so...

>That comment section

Holy fuck, man, talk about overthinking every part of the writing because you don't want to admit that the writer are shit.

tumblr Marvelfags are pain.

Thanks. Now, I dropped Iron Fist (Not because of feminism but because after two episodes it was boring as shit), so I may need some examples of this behaviour.
I mean, in episode 2 I think Danny goes to Colleen's dojo to ask for a job because he's super great at martial arts, and she flat-out turns him down. Only gives him some shoes because she acknowledges he's not a complete piece of shit. I'm not sure why the monks didn't give Danny shoes. They sure must have... But I digress. Examples?

Bitches need to stop femsplaining already.

Society didn't create shit, men may be dominant and aggressive but it's not a negative thing and it's not because of a comic book television show. Grow up.

>themarysue
Saged and reported.

>tfw can't report because of a range ban due to some other user over-reporting

>actually liked Iron Fist
>tfw finally masculine

gee, I wonder who could be behind this post

>“Even though you’re a 25 year old virgin and you feel self-conscious about it, a beautiful Japanese woman who is tough and cool is going to want to sleep with you, and she’ll definitely think you’re good at sex,” Danny Rand says to lonely white boys."

OH MY GOD
this is enraging

The show is dogshit anyway.

What does everyone want in their kung fu tv show?

BUSINESS POLITICS! HOSTILE CORPORATE TAKEOVERS! YEAH!

>ywn be a piece of shit like OP

At what age did you realize that holohoax never happened?

I, for one, am oddly pleased with Iron fist.
Why? Because it breaks marvel's winning streak, *in the least important way possible*.

Iron fist was almost as much of a Literally Who as GotG, and with *it* sucking, there is very nearly zero damage done.

I think Marvel knew they had a turkey on their hands from the first script pass, and they minimized the damage it would do, somewhat out of the public eye on netflix, it was just mediocre - to - bad, and vaguely offensive, but not outrageously so.

It's at this weird point where the only people who are upset about it aren't *fans*, they're people who are professionally offended, like Mary Sue there.

So: that's how Marvel fails? Not upsetting, just disappointing? Well, unlike my father, I'll take that and be happy enough. The movies and other netflix series have always been between "rather good" and "outstanding" on my personal enjoyment scale. I'm wiling to let this one sink, as long as they learn from their mistake.

I really don't get why people are bitching that Iron Fist should be Asian, but ignore Batman entirely.

Apparently its okay that a white guy can be invited to a secret Asian monastery, by ANOTHER WHITE GUY, to be their secret leader and receive super special training that involves using everyone else in the organization (aka - all non-whites) as decoy targets.

But Danny Rand shows up at some mystical dojo when he was orphaned, gets taken in and learns and respects their ways and fairly wins their contest, and HE's the problem.

Because he isn't batman.

Iron Fist was phoned in and just bad, stop kicking it for its bad decisions, its dead already

>Gamergate didn't take down TMS

Such a shame

>why don't people like Batman ripoffs as much as they like Batman?

you shouldn't be enraged because that's actually true. japanese chicks are all over white guys.

>most un-masculine looking superhero in history
>toxic masculinity

what did they mean by this?

Batman Begins came out before Marvel started courting retarded sjws and they infested everything. Also, Batman sells so its okay. Remember:

>"I'm a huge Batman fan. I don't read Batman."

hilariously, it's the most successful marvel tv show so far