>An American created iteration is the best version of a Japanese ip
why can't this happen more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2AcZZ8JVzac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It happens often.

it did with the last godzilla movies

thats right I said it

shin godzilla wasnt as good as the legendary one and thats saying something because the new US one is resoundingly "meh"

>Metroid Prime
>better than Super Metroid

Nigga I love Metroid Prime but c'mon.

SatAM actually doesn't hold up all that well these days. It feels like Sonic was shoved into a world that was made without him in mind.

Metroid Prime was superior to Super Metroid in every way.

Liking freedom fighters...

Japan literally never gave a shit about Sonic.

It's really not. The Genesis games had better designed characters, the biggest mistake these cartoons made is not even adapting the sorce material and instead doing something entirely different. Tails, for example, is Sonic's best friend who has a knack for machines and can fly a plane at a young age. In every American cartoon, he's a particularly retarded child. They didn't even have the decency to keep Dr. Eggman's name or design, and replaced his smug, egomanical yet brilliant scientist with "pollution is bad" the character, or they just make him retarded. Sonic has more subtle differences, but the change from being a cool, silent character who defeats Dr. Eggman with speed and style to something that's like Roadrunner trying to be 90's Kool has aided in Sonic's GOTTA GO FAST, WAY PAST COOL, THATS NO GOOD meme status. And let's comepletely forego Amy, Knuckles and other character from the ACTUAL GAMES for the writer's OCs, yeah, gotta love that. The original designs were amazing and the games from Adventure era (basically everything from Adventure to Sonic Rush) developed their personalities and dynamics really well.

Pic unrelated, I assume.

Amy was super obscure back then and at least when the original Sonic toons aired, that was pre-Knuckles.

They literally only had Sonic, Tails, and Robotnik.

Still, they should have been less intrusive, took less liberty with the premise, and stuck with the original designs. Then they could have added the characters as they came. The best, and only good, Sonic cartoon is the OVA with Metal Sonic. I stays the closet to the games, but even then is a little off. Japanese Sonic X isn't that bad but even that tryed to shoved a multitude of retarded OCs on us.

Super Metroid is absolutely better.

Japanese Sonic X is still pretty bad. The world presented in SegaSonic is pretty fun, it's a shame that no team ever has enough confidence to show it on its own. Not even Sonic Team most of the time.

>The best, and only good, Sonic cartoon is the OVA with Metal Sonic

Ahh, this meme.

The best thing is I can tell you're deeply autistic from the fact that the only reason you consider the American productions bad is that they're different than the games. That's the kind of niggling autism I see in Pokemon threads when people complain about Pokemon in the show dodging attacks, not taking turns, and not having HP bars.

But then you like Sonic so I guess that's. not a surprise.

The only thing Super Metroid is is Super Overrated. It's not even the best 2D Metroid.

The funny thing is, I mean not only in animation quality, but also writing and voice acting. And extra points for making an effort to adapt the source material. What people feel for SatAM, AoStH, and the Ken Penders comic is nostalgia driven at best.
And I do prefer the Pokemon Origins anime with Red to what the Pokemon anime is, but having HP bars was kinda stupid and there's still a lot of things the original anime did better.

you must realize this show was made just when he got big. and it does make sense. in the game he's fighting against roboticization and you can see as you play through it the increasingly mechanical levels.

sega has been forcing sonic into being "alone" with tails, with knuckles and amy being tertiary for so long that it's his current personality.

I don't know. Is western Voltron better than japanese voltron?

Origins was really shit outside of the first episode. The anime got bad, but it took much longer.

power rangers vs super sentai
not exactly the same, but power rangers turned what super sentai did into a global phenomenon in the 90s

>sega has been forcing sonic into being "alone" with tails, with knuckles and amy being tertiary for so long that it's his current personality.
That's how the games very much portrayed him though, and everything promotional in America and Japan. He was an anarchist rebel drifter, not a soldier for a monarchy's army.

user when these shows/books were made. There was no lore to go on. Most of them entered production around the time of Sonic 2. Sega gave zero fucks about how their cartoons were represented and provided little to no background on the characters.

The games simply came with manuals that could be summed up as how to control sonic and go fight robotnick.

Combine the above with needing to stay with wanting a quick product, needing to align with Sega's dude with a tude mandate, and the fact the writers probably couldn't get past the 3rd of the games. And well you get what we got.

The best version of Sonic was in the Sonic CD game

No, the best iteration of Sonic was in CD and the OVA.
Judging by this leaked animation clip, that iteration seems to be returning for Mania.

Also.

It was rushed as hell, but what glimpses we see into Red's adventures are very solid. The last episode was the best in my opinion, the Red vs Blue fight was done very well and the Mewtwo fight was just as good

Sonic Boom>Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog>Sonic SatAM=Sonic X>Sonic Underground

Are these original cels?

Collabs that eliminate the lowest-common-denomonator blandness of 'Murican Jew-interests and depression-targeting "gayness" of Yakuza-schemes tends to make use of unique flashy ideas that end up having decent appeal themselves.

Happens/ed all the time, especially in the realm of videogames and man-ime.

Oh fuck that's nice.

>This piece of shit.
>Best version.

I mean if you think Sonic is garbage, sure. Otherwise you're a moron, because that show is balls.

It's going to be nice to have a great Sonic game.

This, damn. Everything good was skipped in favor of some of the worst shit. Fuck Mt. Moon and the Nugget Bridge and MUTANT POKEMON BILL or the hostile takeover scenarios, nah fuck that, we need really BORING episodes about the Pokemon Tower and we need to skip to the end of Silph Co instead of making anything resembling a decent narrative out of it. Fucking hell. It's just a series dedicated to jerking off Giovanni and Charizard.

>Ken Penders comic
You seriously think that guy even wrote the majority of the comics? Actually read shit before you denounce it.

You're retarded too. There's nothing wrong with preferring the OVA, it's a simple but charming little story.

But that game is really mediocre.

Red vs Blue is okay, but mostly a contrived setup to make Charizard cool some more. Nothing can make up for the shitshow that was Giovanni.

>It feels like Sonic was shoved into a world that was made without him in mind
That's literally what it is. Look up the concept art.

Whatever, subjective opinion.

Anyways. I'd say if a Japanese IP has more western influences, Sonic being inspired by many western things, Metroid taking cues from Alien, then a westerner can adapt it easier for the west.

I'd say IPs that are more heavily inspired by the culture from said culture, i.e. Japan, is going to have a harder time being adapted by the west.

>SATAM
>best version

Alright, not a lot of lore and whatnot, but how the hell do you get Ganon out of Robotnik?

Fuck I love Toei Sonic

You can both burn in hell.

>leaked animation clip
I think that's fanmade.

Why is Tails being shitted on in Sonic?

They just added the name to their OC.
Then they were told "no, fucker." and they were forced to retool.

What the fuck are you talking about? It's literally the worst iteration.

But that's not Sonic Underground.

Obviously it's much easier for American media to go international than Japanese media, especially live action.

Second worst.

You guys are right.

also American

French, but okay.

That shit was cash, I loved the songs and even had the mp3s when I was younger
youtube.com/watch?v=2AcZZ8JVzac

Please no, how many fucking Chris-chans do you want to create?