Praetorian Guard fight in TLJ

Praetorian Guard fight in TLJ

C R I N G E

why does the cinematography seem so weird? like a music video or bts clip

torrent out?

What fuck is up with the sparks everywhere, I think this was the case with TFA as well. They didn't have this in the other 6 movies.

how does he wrap light-saber resistant energy blades around his arms without cutting his arms off?

Did he rap his arms around lasers?

remember when everyone thought this was "so badass"?

yeah he fights 3 trained warriors at once wihile barely looking and defeats them all but a few weeks ago he had trouble beating a storm trooper with no lightsaber training and barely any force sensitivity.

Good thing they're wearing that armor eh

He still is...meme status aside showing that stormtroopers arent souless mooks is aways ok in my book

The whip is split between sections that are lit and not. He was touching his arms with the pieces that weren't Lethal

The red guy stab her in the chest howcome Ray not dead???

Was he toying with her? She's wide open he parried her saber with his right hand weapon then stabs with his left but didn't kill???

>Had trouble
He was literally toying with Finn. He also doesn't have a boltcaster shot through his stomach here

>didnt you hear Shit Lord? The force is female now, I'm in charge here

her plot armor protects her from all harm

The only neat moment in this entire fight. Jesus christ.

Kylo brutal killing was the best part.

>the most powerfull Jedi in existence
>cdoesnt even know how to balance feet at a sword fight

If she had a brain she would deactivate the saber. These weapons make no sense, like you can see them bouncing off their own armor, I don't think they are necessarily deadly or weapons for the purpose of inflicting fatal wounds, but rather specifically designed to deflect and parry light sabers. That's why we see ray take so many hits and not die. They are defensive weapons.

Shouldn't the tip of the whip hit her head?

Dude, this is choreographed and filmed like it's a Disney on ice production at a theme park. WTF? This isn't supposed to look like a Broadway musical.

>toying with him
He ends up getting cut right across the shoulder by finn.

That was probably the only not cringe moment in this entire scene.

Why is the room magically bursting into flames?

Is there a reason they some of them don't have blasters to shoot them while the other guards have them parried?

> he didnt pay attention to Luke vs Vader pt1 homage

Dude...

I still don't get it
If they're protecting the supreme leader man then why don't they just bow to kyle rain since hes the new one? Or does snake not actually die/can regenerate?

I'm sure this is one of the few kind of neat Star-Warsy moments in this film. Still, Rey is fighting way too well for knowing fuck all about the force then swinging a saber around on a cliffside for 2 days by herself.

It's good to see Marilyn Manson still working

Does it matter? They're not a real threat or anything

My thoughts exactly. Looks like a choreographed dance number that's meant to look like a sword fight. It's so strange to watch.

Can we all admit that Kylo Ren is the best part of the sequels? Amazing actor.

post yfw they invented all those dumb weapons so they could sell more toys

What the fuck? He almost stabbed her! Why the fuck is this allowed?

literal anime tier

wow the RoTJ ones are better and they didn't do shit.
says a lot

Jesus. The saber effects look nice but holy fuck that choreography is ass.

> Rey can't hold 2vs1
> Kylo just kills the rest of them while always going 3vs1

So is confirmed that emotions > training is that it? Because Kylo focused just rekt shit and Snoke bitched that he was fragile vs Rey.

Also WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE KNIGHT OF REN?!?

A fucking snap zoom?!

She throws like a girl...

Man this looks like some anime shit... Wait no on second though anime shit probably looks better

Towards the end, some guy at my showing ran up to the screen and tried to get five last seconds of footage on his cell before he got hauled off by security

Yes. That "Please" when he asks Rey is the only actual emotionally investing line of the entire film.
He's literally too good for this schlock.

>toying with Finn

Quit trying to make up retarded bullshit to explain things

>Why is the room magically bursting into flames?

because steel walls burn

>IM ACTING!

I like the choreography in this fight actually. Kylo Ren's footwork and balance is just clumsy enough for me to feel like it's a real fight and not an extremely choreographed dance.

>Also WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE KNIGHT OF REN?!?

probably saved for episode 9.

it was badass because finally someone called out the nigger finn that everyone was tired of

Literally watch the second Webm he posted

I swear you guys don't watch the fucking movie

It's fucking red cloth.

Wait till you see Kylo vs Luke, it's literally an anime tier sequence in every possible way.

The red armour is resistant to saber slashes. hence it sparks like fuck where you stab it

Nigga you can't say that without posting the webm

Quit pretending to be retarded for (you)s

It was just charming for once that a Stormtrooper wasn't just a complete fumblingly idiot.

Nigga go look in the dozens of other threads in the catalog or the archives.

there's a literal *it's a hologram* moment during the fight. its retarded.

t. has never seen a kurosawa flick besides seven samurai and yojimbo

>supervillain is saved by the Mary Sue

This trilogy is a joke.

what did dropping the saber accomplish? If she had the saber in that position I'm not sure why the Praetorian had a grapple at all

>It's fucking red cloth.

if it's nylon (which it looks like) it should melt, not burn

>0:03 to 0:04
Uh..

i fucking hate that i really like the effects
the price for anime effects is a low tier anime story i guess

It's fucking sci-fi, they have lightsabers.

They act like Power Rangers, so bad.

Any torrent up?

This is total trash tier spectacle. Light saber fights should be elegant, like a dance. The whole point was Jedi = Knights. Knights = combat traditions that require great practice and finesse. My god what have they done to this franchise?

so, then why wouldn't the cloth be fireproof?

sounds awfully non-sci-fi

>few weeks ago
isn't it less than ONE week?

Is there an asshole with a staff/spear at least?

akcshully it's low tier shit fantasy at this point. Good sci-fi doesn't do whatever just because lol it's sci-fi.

there's only a mexican camrip i think?

I don’t remember anyone making a slowmo matrix bend in a kurosawa film?

the good
>how aggressive the praetorian movements are
>kylo
>the saber throw into eyehole fucking
>the praetorian use of their forearms and elbows in combat

the bad
>everything else

wouldve been better if the knights came in to duel the praetorians while snoke battled kylo and rey

Did she just decapitate a dude and launched his flaming head to the wall?

why would be? Now you are nitpicking.
There's 0 reason why they should be fire proof.

You are actually right, they just fucking ignore basic physhics in the first act

> bombs in space
> airships dropping in space

Don't they kinda held the same weapons? Maybe it's the same group

He can manhandle his own light-saber whip thing because of his armor but he gets stabbed in the next shot.

>Lightsaber fights should be elegant, like a dance
So only the prequel fights are good to you?

The last Jedi to get full training in lightsaber combat from a master was Obi-wan. Everyone else had incomplete training

He's pressing the non ignited parts of the whip into his armor, look at it closely

Actually I didn't because I'm not going to give money to support a trainwreck. And from what i'm seeing, it's well founded.

>why would be? Now you are nitpicking.

no, it's legitimate questions.

>There's 0 reason why they should be fire proof.

they're in space, do you know how dangerous fire is in pressurized environments?

t. astronaut

>low tier shit fantasy
Star Wars was a fantasy story with sci-fi aesthetics from the first movie

I don't want to dig through the 30 random shitposting threads to maybe find the scene I want, man.

He's not using a lightsaber type weapon. It could be cortosis ore or magnetized like the staffs from Grevious's guards in Ep.3. But then cortosis ore is supposed to short out lightsabers.

they kinda do but not really, the knights were retconned out. maybe theyll be in 9 but who cares at this point

Do you think they really care when there is fucking people that have powers that could pretty much extinguish the fire with thoughts?

What happened to the books on sword arts?

then why are his arms sparking?

why did he drop the saber when he didn't get hit?

I mean, if he got hit his throat would have been split wide open, so that didn't happen.

No, you can clear see in one of the webms that a guy is pressing the blade against his armor and its making sparks